Start by marking “A New Home for Allie” as Want to Read:

A New Home for Allie

Allie loves her home in Kenya. But her dad works for the Animal Jungle Patrol, and he just got orders to move their family to Somalia. She has many questions, and the journey will be long. Will the new place be like what she knows? Will she find friends in her new home? And will she ever see her best friend again? What awaits her in A New Home for Allie?
Published April 20th 2018 by Ambassador International

Start your review of A New Home for Allie
Jocelyn Green
Shelves: children-s
With lush illustrations and a heartfelt story, A Home for Allie is sure to ease the transitioning child. A wonderful tool for parents and caregivers. Kids and adults alike will savor each beautiful page.
~Jocelyn Green, author of Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A NEW HOME FOR ALLIE is a children's book with beautiful illustrations and a compelling story line. It will be great for children relocating to a new home and having to leave the familiar for the unfamiliar.

My teens found it funny that giraffes were humanized with people jobs, but it works and younger children won't mind. I found it interesting as I've known wildlife and park rangers and my own son is interested in eventually following a similar occupation someday.

There is a fun ladybug hunt
Daphne Self
This is a beautiful tale about a little giraffe who has to leave all she knows and travel to a new home. With deep insight into what a child experiences, especially those in military families, this book focuses not on the fears, but on the hope and adventure. And ultimately that God has a plan for us all.

The illustrations, by Joanie Bruce, are absolutely gorgeous.

This will make a great addition to every single home for every child. Beautifully written, I wish I could buy boodles of this book a
Diana
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
Moving is never easy for a child but it is so much harder for military kids. I live close to an air force base and every spring houses go up for sale and families move. A New Home for Allie is a sweet story that can help a child with the fear of leaving behind everything you know for a new adventure.

~Diana Lesire Brandmeyer, CBA best-selling author of Mind of Her Own
Amy Armstrong
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful book! The illustrations are beautiful and the story is very relatable to young military kids who have to move and make new friends. Nicely done!

~Amy Armstrong, first grade teacher, military wife and mother
Sally
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: Carrie Daws
Illustrated by: Joanie Bruce
Publisher: Ambassador International

Allie is a little giraffe who lives in Kenya with her parents, her best friend Jamie, who is a lady bug and Oscar, the oxpecker bird.

Allie loves Kenya and all her friends but one day her father has orders for them to move and Allie is not sure she will be happy. However her father explains to her the things they will encounter along the way and that Oscar will be coming with them so she will not be
Kellie
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A New Home for Allie strikes a chord for constantly-relocating military families and is a must-have for any child's library! Allie works through the process of parting with old friends, embarks on a journey through unfamiliar lands, arrives at her new home with an open mind, and is rewarded with a new friendship. Though it sounds like a simple process, adjusting after a move is an immense emotional strain and impacts the whole family - especially little ones. Carrie Daws is able to capture the f ...more
Edie Melson
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author Carrie Daws has given us a gift with A New Home for Allie. The characters are engaging and the illustrations beautiful. Moving to a new place can be difficult for children, especially those with a parent in the military. This book presents the process in a positive and encouraging manner. Definitely a book I’m adding to resources I recommend.
Fay Jacobsohn
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A New Home for Allie is a wonderful book for young children of military families or others who are forced to move away from their home. It is the story of Allie, a young giraffe, who has to move from Kenya to Somalia because of her dad's orders. She is afraid of moving and worries about what her new home will be like, leaving her friends behind, and leaving the mountains.

This book has attractive, colorful pictures by Joanie Brucethroughout that really bring out the personalities of Allie and he
Cheryl Allin
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A New Home for Allie is beautifully written and illustrated. It is perfect for any child who’s moving—whether down the road or far away, once or repeatedly. As a military child, I've had the pleasure of moving many times all over the world and I can personally say that A New Home for Allie gently addresses issues children feel over transitioning to a new home. As owner of a school with mostly military children, I am excited to share this book with our parents and read this story each time a chil ...more
Carrie Daws
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: military
Oh, I'm so thankful this one is out of my hands, out of my illustrator's hands, and on the market for parents to buy for their kids. As a military spouse who has moved quite a lot, I know well the heartache that comes for everyone in the family when orders arrive. I'm so thankful to the incredible team that surrounded me for this book, for everyone's heart to love on kids going through a transition that they rarely ask for and usually don't want. May Allie's story make moving just a little easie ...more
Annie McVickers
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As the Director of Children’s Ministry and a mother of two, I have personally experienced the direct impact that relocating can have on military children. A New Home for Allie is a delightful children’s novel that thoughtfully addresses the issues that affect children when moving to a new home. The story and illustrations engage readers in an encouraging tale that gives comfort to little ones that leaving one home can be sad, but new homes can bring new beginnings and friendships.

Joanie Bruce
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I feel funny writing a review for a book I illustrated, but I love this story about the sweet little giraffe, Allie. I believe any child would love reading about her concerns and the way she handles change. Carrie Daws did an excellent job writing this book, not only for military children who move so often with their parents, but also for all children who face any unknown situation. Carrie helps a child accept and look forward to the adventure of moving to a new home or new changes in life.

When
Elizabeth Brooks
Jul 15, 2020
Barbara
Aug 21, 2020
Over the years, God rewrote Carrie’s dreams to include being a stay-at-home mom and a writer. She started by writing weekly devotions online before a mentor at the Christian Writer’s Guild encouraged her to try fiction.

After almost ten years in the military, Carrie’s husband medically retired and they now live in North Carolina with their three children. Besides writing fiction novels, she stays b