Start by marking “Birth of an American Gigolo” as Want to Read:
Birth of an American Gigolo

Birth of an American Gigolo

An old party girl shoehorned into domestic divaship, infuriated by her husband's cheating and his holier-than-thou, tree-hugging, no-tits and no-hips girlfriend, inflicts her wrath by training a local boy in the fine art of seduction. She and her new boy toy turned love god start a gigolo business as a distraction for the neglected and mistreated housewives of Alabaster Co ...more
ebook
Published February 1st 2018 by Tenacious Books Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Birth of an American Gigolo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birth of an American Gigolo

Heena Rathore P.
Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book had a good storyline, but I guess it's something that I'm not into (neither the genre nor the ideas and motivations expressed in the book.)

Being from the genre that I hardly ever read, I won't be criticizing this book. Moreover, I've read some really good reviews for this book on Goodreads, so I'd say read this book if you have a little time to spare on a book that you might or might not like. I guess this is one of
Erin Rhew
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One bad party in college changed the course of Lindsey's life, and she went from wild party girl lifestyle to the monotony of domestic drab. But when she discovers her husband's been cheating, the party girl within her springs to life. Lindsey doesn't take this offense lightly. No, she dreams up a revenge scheme that leaves husband, Stewart, and his mistress, Cindie, quaking in their boots.

Rhew's characters will captivate you from page one. Lindsey's snark, Dios' narcissism, and Stew
Natasha Lane
LOOK AT REVIEW, NOT JUST RATING!

Take this book for what it is! If you're looking for a deep, poetic read, this is not the novella for you, my friend. The story is very straightforward with smooth, natural transitions that maintain the flow. The concept is simple, the writing well done with interesting and humorous metaphors/similes, as well as candid, superficial dialogue which isn't a bad thing.

Of course, the dialogue is a reflection of the characters, so you can imagine many of th
Alison
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is fresh, fun and flirty .. it also encompasses a satisfying revenge plot. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a spiteful person but when you read about Cindie the tree-hugging, vomit inducing goody two-shoes mistress there will be a slightly smug reaction.

Lindsey is married to Stewart .. Lindsey is an ex-party girl turned domestic goddess .. Stewart is boring and mundane. How he ever got into an affair is beyond me. Anyway .. as previously mentioned he is playing around with the hideous Cindi
Fiction  Vixens Blog
This was my first time reading anything by Deek Rhew and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this great story. The characters will capture you right from the start until the very end and will leave you wanting more. Deek Rhew gives us characters that your love and you will hate them also at the same time. With this author and his style you will never really know what to expect or feel about it. Lindsey is married to Stewart ,but she's also an ex-party girl turned domestic goddess. And then ther ...more
Cheri Champagne
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deek Rhew is the master of metaphors. I don't know how he does it so fluidly, or how he manages to find the perfect one to fit the situation and create such vivid images in the reader's mind, but he does. His humour is great; always finds a way to make me laugh.

Lindsey is a woman on a mission, determined and, dare-I-say, slightly spiteful. Ultimately, she wants to do something for herself while simultaneously getting back at her husband, so she moulds her new lover into the perfect g
Jessica Calla
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I will write a more detailed review soon, but for now I'll tell you... I read it in one sitting. Didn't want to put it down. I loved the different POVs. The author's style is witty and fun, snarky and sarcastic at times. Great read! This was the first book I've read from Mr. Rhew but I look forward to his upcoming releases. More on "Birth" soon!
Brent Ecenbarger
I picked this book up at a convention in Raleigh where we spent some time chatting with the author and his wife (Erin Rhew, also an author). Both were very nice, so we decided to pick up a few of their books. I'm always a fan of people that not only write something for others to read, but go out there and publish it, promote it and try to sell it to the masses. This is a novella, at 111 pages it is a brisk read that you could definitely finish in one sitting. The book is told mainly via third pe ...more
Julia
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a free e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

On the story scale, I give Birth a solid 4 stars. As far as technical choices go, I give Birth 3 stars. I guess that averages out to 3.5, but since the technical choices are more personal than something about the story itself, my final rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

I thought the story was fun and inventive. While I in no way support the idea of cheating, whether the other person in the relationship is do
Mollien Fote Osterman
Page Count: 99 pages
Heat Level: # 3 flames out of 5
Rating: # 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

An old party girl shoehorned into domestic divaship, infuriated by her husband's cheating and his holier-than-thou, tree-hugging, no-tits and no-hips girlfriend, inflicts her wrath by training a local boy in the fine art of seduction. She and her new boy toy turned love god start a gigolo business as a distraction for the neglected and mistreated housewives of Alabaster Cove.

Review:

This book has an interesting cReview:
This5
Mollien
ReleaseGigolo
Denise
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very different genre for me. The writing flowed nicely and it was a quick fun read. Might have been 5 stars if I connected with the main character more - just didn't feel I had a lot in common with her.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
As I read this novel the first impression was that of being totally out of my comfort level. I normally only read the Cozy genre and this book was full of sex but not for romance but for revenge. So, I decided I was 'old' enough to continue to read and I was glad I did.

This author has incredible observational abilities. He appears to be able to get behind the normal facades of people and see what motivates their actions, both physical and mental. The understanding of both sexes is ev
Sportochick
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new twist on the cheating husband theme. Lindsey finds herself taking a stand and creating a most unusual way to not only get back at him but provide a means of financial support for herself.

Honestly I loved how she reacted to finding the proof on her cheating husband and her reaction was perfect. It made one want to cheer and say "So there! Take that!". Her creative solution to lack of money, well that is a most unusual way to take care of oneself.

A part of me balked at her boy toy and at f
William Tracy
Certainly not my usual reading material, but it was a quick an entertaining read. Be warned, there is a lot of sex in this! It's a pretty straightforward revenge tale, so often the characters are shown in an extreme light, either totally right or totally wrong. Would have been nice for the antagonist to have some redeeming value, but that also works for this sort of story.
Deek Rhew
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Zara Kramer
Jun 05, 2017
Sona Dasgupta
Mar 14, 2016
Amy Reightler
rated it did not like it
Apr 04, 2019
Michelle
May 17, 2016
Tracie Lester
Feb 28, 2016
Deek did not set out to be a writer. Originally, he wanted to follow father’s path as a career military man and fly for the Air Force. So, Deek spent two years in high school preparing for the ROTC. During a routine check-in, his recruiter asked about any handicaps, to which Deek jokingly replied he was colorblind. The recruiter got a funny look on his face and informed Deek that the closest he’d ...more