Start by marking “No Weigh!: A Teen's Guide to Positive Body Image, Food, and Emotional Wisdom” as Want to Read:
No Weigh!: A Teen's Guide to Positive Body Image, Food, and Emotional Wisdom

No Weigh!: A Teen's Guide to Positive Body Image, Food, and Emotional Wisdom

This workbook has everything you need to achieve connected eating, body positivity and balanced exercise. It will help you stay well informed about how bodies change emotionally and physically in the teen years, and why good nutrition is critical for growth and development. It debunks any myths about diets and 'forbidden' foods and also gives you the tools and strategies t ...more
ebook
Published July 19th 2018 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers

To ask other readers questions about No Weigh!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Weigh!

Alyssa
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I am on the hunt for body positive books for my teen nonfiction collection so I was really excited to read NO WEIGH and see if this fit the bill. The majority of this book is awesome -- clear and concise, with a lot of concrete ways to engage in connected eating (seems very similar to intuitive eating), joyful movement, and stress relief. Some of the references might feel a little off for teens (such as evoking Jennifer Lawrence) but overall I enjoyed this book. My only worry is that it is a wor ...more
Krystal
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this insightful workbook which uses a plethora of cognitive behavioural, dialectical, and narrative therapeutic approaches to revolutionise healthy eating for teens!
Emma
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As both a teen (for one more year at least) and someone who has struggled with body image, food, and emotions, I found this book to be wonderful. It was short, easy to understand, and loaded with helpful advice that I wish I had gotten when I was just beginning my teenage years.

No Weigh! broke down body image, food, and emotion to find where struggles with these subjects come from. Not only did it break these things down scientifically, but it gave both specific and generalized examples to help
Eve beinguniquebooks
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A simple guide and workbook for teenagers about facing body image, weight and health issues.

This is a positive guide to help teens reevaluate how they view and judge themselves and their body from not taking the scale at face value or comparing themselves constantly to others in the media or around them.

With space to write and tips for thought changing, this book will help them understand and adapt their bad thoughts into positive ones to help them in the future and grow from where they are now.
Olivia
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really well written book that gave great advice and was written in a way that wasn't patronising, but wasn't too adult either. I enjoyed the range of exercises that it provided, and the way it helps in many aspects of life, not just in food and body image. I would highly recommend this book to all young people, and even adults too.
April
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very interesting and informative book on body positivity for teens, there are tips for thought changing, which I thought were very helpful. It is short so it will be a quick read but I will be very useful to teens who need it. I would really recommend it.
Smart Bookaholics Inc Bookstore
How uplifting! I don't suffer from body image, but if I did this is a great book! Thank you netgalley for the free arc in exchange for an honest review!
Rachel