Start by marking “Swarm of Fire (Ian Dex #5)” as Want to Read:
Swarm of Fire (Ian Dex #5)

Swarm of Fire

(Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #5)

This pixie's got nothing on Tinkerbell...

A foul-mouthed pixie has hit the streets in Vegas to stir up trouble. He's tiny, angry, and full of magic dust. His primary goal is to wreak as much havoc as possible on the tourists and casinos.

Ian Dex and the crew of the Las Vegas PPD have to track down the little bastard and stop him.

The problem is that the pixie can create t
Kindle Edition
Published February 5th 2018 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Swarm of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swarm of Fire

Noah K.
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another page turner

Balancing a relationship with the needs of his military member isn’t easy. Can Ian pull out a win against a pixie on the prowl while keeping it in his pants?
Well, I’m not going to tell you. Read the book.
Natalie Fallon
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dex and the what?! More laugh out loud urban fantasy
This fantastically funny urban fantasy series about Ian Dex and his team in the Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department started with The Merging, was even better in Grave Creatures, yet better again in Blood Bane Tower, went across the Pond for an adventure in London Growl and now is up against ...well you wouldn't believe me if I told you so it’ll be better to read it for yourself?! The whole team are fun, sarcastic and neither perfect nor pc.
Bob
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Better and better

I love that this world of the Las Vegas Paranormal Protection Division keeps getting richer... and deeper. (Sorry, that was The Admiral). Ian Dex, Chief of the PPD is back with his team and back with his girl and partner, Rachel. He's still fighting Uber Supers but starting to get the hang of it.

Now he's battling with an Uber Pixie named Rot who can make monsters, the most vulgar and disturbing of which are a group of seven purple dinosaurs who look and sound suspiciously like
Barbara
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I woke up early this morning and to my delight the author had released a new Ian Dex book. I read straight through as Ian is a hero that is a delight to follow. Ian is now back into a relationship with Rachel, his partner. Questioning about loving her and being "in" love with her makes him unsure of himself. In the meantime an "uber" pixie is on the loose and is creating monsters that Ian and his team have to battle in order to protect everyone. There is a lot of action, wizardry stuff, pixie du ...more
Maryann Sims
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Things are sort of looking up for Ian. Rachel is back from England and things are sort of back to the way they were, with a touch of mage jealous thrown in.

This time the uber is a Pixie by the name of Rot, and he can throw some mean Pixie Dust, and we are not talking Tinkerbelle here. Ian and his crew are at his best, but who would think knowing how to tell a dirty joke would save the strip. All in all a great story cannot wait for the next one.
Scott
A Firm Favourite

With everything happening the last thing that Ian and the PPD is more problems. But our favourite detective is once again in the cross hairs or in thos case up against some unusual creatures the result of an Uber pixie. Its going to take more than guns its going to rake style, a therapist for him and Rachael and some different types of action to get them out of this one.
Beth
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
This was not as good as the 1st 2, but inline with the last 3. I think I've had my fill for a little while (I did do 5 of the series in 6 days) & since a couple of library holds have come in, I'll take a break. I do intend to come back to the series though.

Side note: I'm unhappy with the Admiral talking to both Ian & Rachel. It just seems ridiculous, but in a bad way. (Though I guess sometimes fun books like this are bound to sometimes miss the mark with the jokes.)
Carolyn Fielding
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This time it's an Uber Pixie that is giving Ian Dex of the Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department grief - and now the "normals" are getting much too close to the action. What seems to be a new show on the Strip gets frighteningly out of hand. The fifth book in the series and I just can't get enough of them.
Bennah
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ian Dex books are somewhat serious, but snarky. I usually laugh at some of the comments or situations that Ian and crew get into, but this book...omg!
Between the Admiral raising his "head" and the pixie battle of the century, I couldn't put this book down.
This is a great addition to the Ian Dex series, and anyone who loves a good mystery, mayhem and snarky dialog will love this book
K Portig
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ian Dex and the Las Vegas PPD team are confronted by the an Uber Pixie and his dastardly deeds. Hilarious, entertaining and action packed. Makes you laugh out loud. This is the fifth full length novel in this series and the authors are keeping it fresh and funny in each book. I highly recommend you read this book, but a warning.......this series is addictive!
Em Taylor
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny, fast and erm... Frilling!

I'm having a bout of my depression, this seems to be the only thing that can make me giggle. Jokes about talking cocks maybe seem Kurile to some, but fuck it. This series makes make laugh and keeps me interested. My only complaint is that they are too damn short.
Jan
Shelves: finished
Number 5 and it just keeps getting better and better.
I sat and giggled at the dialogue between Ian and the Admiral! (you need to read it to find out more).
Who knew pixie dust could be so bad? Will never look at Tinkerbell in the same way!!!!
Curtis
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and Sassy

...describes not only most of the pixies in Ian’s world, but this story as well. Very nicely done, and we get to see the team as a team, complete with action, caring, and snark. Things just keep getting more and more interesting. Recommended.
Denise King
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
While fighting off another Uber bad guy, this time a pixie causing mass damage with dust, Ian is struggling with his desire to remain exclusive with his newly returned Rachel, while his inner voiced libido tries his resolve. Giggle worthy as usual, enjoy seeing the characters grow too.
Larry Tushman
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not sure which was funniest: Ian's grappling with an exclusive relationship, dealing with his inner voice, or the power that manifests with his newest word. Absolutely hilarious hijinks in this action-packed installment.
LeAnne Benson
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great as Always

Gotta love Ian Dex and his crew. They are the right kind of snarky and they prove that family doesn't have to be by blood. The action keeps you riveted and you can't wait to see them win in the end. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Julie
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series

What more can you wish for in a quick but entertaining read. We've got some great characters, an excellent story line and a fantastic world in which to lose yourself.
Mary Geren
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A whole lot of fun

My favorite part of this book was the conversation between Ian and the Admiral,that was just priceless. This book took a different turn then I was expecting,in a good way
Rosalind Bath
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Swarm of fire

Ian Dex novels are full of humour, adventure, all things paranormal and a blast to read. Even a touch of Romance now, in Ian and Rachel's own special way! Enjoyed this book.. Read it 😊
Karsyn
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series and the Jack Off, I mean JOKE Off (hehe) was great. But a talking cock? That's a new one. I know he's a horny dude, but why in book 5 is his cock suddenly talking?! Weird and didn't love it, but at the same time it was funny. I can't decide! Ha! 4.5 stars. :)
Mark Brown
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Here comes another Uber villain for Ian Dex and the rest of the LVPPD. This time it’s a small pixie with a big attitude. Full of action, loads of laughs and some scene stealing performances from ‘the admiral’ make this a very enjoyable read. 5* all the way
Shelly
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this book!!!
PJ Lea
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
📚📚📚📚📚

I blame the pixies! Really, I do. Naughty little creatures at the best of times but the über is a real piece of work, and the Admiral doesn't help matters!
Funny, funny book.
Jcad6169
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

Laugh out loud funny, good characters, fast paced! You will lose track out time reading this series because everything is so detailed, unexpected and fun!
David W
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

More strife, foul mouthed pixies , and even the admiral has an off night, a truly fun read. Keep them coming.
Laura Witte
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun

Dark humor, lots of 12 year old boy jokes (which I happen to love), and a team that’s like family.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kindle Unlimited, won't bother with the insults to the writers this time, the book at least so far is my favorite in the Ian Dex books, and yeah maybe it could have been just a smidge better, but not by much, proof being is that I buy select books/series or wait until it's a collection of some sort such as when Platoon F came out in sets, so this being verified, yeah.... {And I sometimes even ARC his books, so me reading this and then buying it, yeah again}. As long as he doesn't come up with an ...more
joseph w clouser
May 27, 2018
Kim Vincent
May 29, 2018
Scott
Feb 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Blood is Thicker (Montague & Strong Case Files #3)
  • Death Mage (Prof Croft, #4)
  • Blood Sacrifice (Sorcerer's Creed #1)
  • Demon Dawn (Shadow Detective #4)
  • Wary Is Her Love (The School Of Necessary Magic #3)
  • Nine Souls (The Temple Chronicles, #9)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com.

Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department (7 books)
  • The Merging An Ian Dex Supernatural Thriller Book 1
  • Grave Creatures An Ian Dex Supernatural Thriller Book 2
  • Blood Bane Tower An Ian Dex Supernatural Thriller Book 3
  • London Growl An Ian Dex Supernatural Thriller Book 4
  • Curse of Fangs An Ian Dex Supernatural Thriller Book 6
  • Clash of Flames An Ian Dex Supernatural Thriller Book 7
“Rachel,” I said with some trepidation via a direct-connection, “I want to ask you something and I want you to be completely honest with me.” “Sounds serious,” she replied. “Go ahead.” “It is serious, so please just answer me honestly here.” She stopped walking and looked at me with a face of concern. “Okay, Ian. What is it?” “Can you hear it when my dick talks?” 0 likes
“What the hell just happened?” I asked, my jaw hanging slack. “He blew up,” replied Jasmine. I gave her a look. “Yes, thank you.” 0 likes