Start by marking “A Forsaken Friend: A Witty and Intelligent Chic Lit with Attitude (FRIENDS Book 2)” as Want to Read:

No-one said friendship was easy.

Things can’t get much worse for Teri Meyer. If losing her job at the university and the regular allowance from her dad’s factory isn’t bad enough, now her ex-best friend has gone and stolen her ex-husband! Well, to hell with them all. A few weeks in the countryside at her brother’s smallholding should do the trick – and the gorgeous and god
Published March 21st 2018 by Lakewater Press

To ask other readers questions about A Forsaken Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Forsaken Friend

Magdalena
A Forsaken Friend is a witty and heart-warming story of two friends, Teri and Lee. Written from both their perspectives we get to know them really well and see how differently they can at times view the same situations.
Teri and Lee seem like complete opposites. One seemingly selfish and self-centred and one caring and giving. But there is so much more to them. They've both been through a lot. They both have secrets. They both mess things up. And that's what I really liked. They're not perfect b
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A Forsaken Friend follows on from A Falling Friend. I think the authors have given plenty of background though for anyone who hasn’t read the first book, so don’t think you will feel like you are missing out by diving straight in.

What a way to start a story off! I won’t say exactly what but lets just say I was getting slightly hot under the collar. The visions the authors had jumping up in my head, well I’m glad my husband couldn’t see them!

It was good to catch back up with Teri and Lee again. T
Joanne Robertson
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The recent move towards fiction featuring more mature women is rapidly becoming a favourite direction in my reading choices! And although I haven’t read the first book in this trilogy, A Falling Friend, that is something I really need to address now that I’ve finished A Forsaken Friend! Especially now that I have fallen completely in love with this “friendship”!

I wasn’t sure how this book would work with having two authors but I was pleasantly surprised by the seamless integration between their
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book, despite not having read the first.

That being said. I WILL be picking it up after enjoying this book!

I often find with characters in books that they’re “too” something. Too nice, too forgiving, too evil etc, and that makes the book less real for me.

This is a story of opposites. The characters are selfish and selfless, honest and secretive, funny and frustrating. in short, they are human. Not an easy thing to give, but very well written characters who each have
Sherri Thacker
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Did not finish this one at 20%. Too many characters to keep track of so I gave up. This book was given to me free of charge by the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review.
Anne
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
A very enjoyable read - review to follow...
Kate Foster
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulously smart, witty, and all around great read. I loved A FALLING FRIEND so much and didn't think these authors could top it, but I think with A FORSAKEN FRIEND they very well may have done it. It's fast-paced and surprising, heart-warming and heart-wrenching, humorous and fun, raw and real, but above all packed with so much voice it makes for a truly smooth and bright read. I highly recommend it.
Alicia
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I tried really hard to like this book. It started out really well and I was excited to see what would happen, but near the middle I started losing interest. I forced myself to finish it as I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I think this book just was not for me. I usually love chick lit but this one had so many cringe worthy scenes I couldn’t get passed (sleeping with married men, a married man cheating on his wife who was due with twins, etc.). One of the main ...more
Susan Corcoran
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank the authors Sue Featherstone and Susan Pope , publisher Lakewater Press and blog tour organiser Anne Cater for the ARC of A Forsaken Friend in return for an honest review.
It’s confession time, I am not a big Chic Lit reader, so when I was offered this as a review copy, I thought about it carefully, worried that I wouldn’t be able to do a fair review, one the book and authors deserved. You write a book and put your heart and soul into it, then you place it in the hands of so
Annie Goodyear
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Female friendship is a complex phenonemon, full of laughter, tears, rivalries, honesty, lies, loyalty and betrayal. The wonder is that the loyalty so often survives the betrayals.

Teri and Lee, protagonists of A Forsaken Friend by Susan Pape and Sue Featherstone are friends with a difference. Well, several differences. Wine and clothes are just the beginning. If there was a match.com for friendship, these two would never be paired up.

Wild and wilful Teri is a disaster waiting to happen - or she
Georgina Roberts
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, the different chapters of Teri and Lee were really well put together and very amusing. Ducks arse made me laugh every time I saw it... I found it funny to read the book from each woman perspective and see how they both saw the same situation.
This is the second book in a series but I haven't read the first one and didn't notice, the backstory was all explained really well and I didn't feel I missed anything by not reading book 1.
The book ended on a bit of a cliffhange
Grass monster
Review to follow
Jo Barton
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Forsaken Friend starts where the previous book, A Falling Friend, left off and reintroduces us to the same characters who entertained us, first time around, with their antics. Time has moved on a little - Terri is in a precarious place, she has recently lost her job at the university, only to then have her father’s business go bust, so when her best friend, Lee, start a relationship with her ex-husband, Terri finally loses patience. However, Lee didn't start off wanting to get together with Da ...more
John Williamson
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Girls Are B-a-c-k !

Yes, they are. We first got to know gal-pals Lee and Teri in “A Falling Friend”, which featured the unlikely friendship of two polar opposites, the staid Lee and the very, very edgy Teri. That debut effort was characterized by an onslaught of witticisms which peppered the text and which forced one to read every word so as not to miss anything subtle – a task made more difficult for Yanks who don’t always know the British slang. (Britticisms?)

Still, there were plenty of ou
Graeme Cumming
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This isn’t my normal genre of reading but, having met the authors, and being a little more open-minded than I used to be, I thought I’d give it a go.
The chapters are written from viewpoints that alternate between the two main characters. I understand that each of the authors has taken a character and focused on that viewpoint throughout. It’s a clever device, though there’s the potential for chapters to overlap with the same scenario played out from a different perspective. Fortunately, this is
James Weaver
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished A Forsaken Friend, the second book in the Friends triology and sequel to last year’s A Falling Friend by Sue Featherstone and Susan Pape. The story follows Teri and Lee as they continue their tumultuous friendship.

Teri is a mess after losing her job at the university and her allowance from her father when his business partner runs off with the money. Now she’s scrambling to find her place in the world with a series of not so good decisions regarding men and finances.

Lee seemingl
Laurie Bell
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I cried... and snorted, and laughed. This is a terrific follow up from A Falling Friend (Book One). More of  Teri and Lee and their lives, families and friends. Teri is... Teri. Picking herself up from the bottom, she is on the look out for a new job (and a new man).

Lee, who now has Dan, has her own problems. Family problems.

I love that this book is written from deep inside the point of view of each character. Both sides told with the honestly and dishonesty of a person's memory and fla
Sarah Major
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant sequel! I read a falling friend 2 years ago and have been excited to see where things were going for Teri and Lee! I'm happy to say it's been worth the wait. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, all I will say is out aside a few hours to read in one go!
Declan made me smile . He's just as wonderful as ever 😂
Crossing my fingers there will be another installment of this wonderful story.
Penny-sue Wolfe
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall I enjoyed the book and read the last half in one sitting to see what happened. I like short chapters. I struggled a bit with the gossip like writing style and the repeat of events from different viewpoints. However the story line was good with interesting characters.
Eva
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
The premise of this book sounded right up my alley, but I really just couldn't relate to this book. I found the characters needing therapy! The story flowed well and quickly and was well written but I just couldn't relate to the characters and their interactions.
Adele