Start by marking “Just For Clicks” as Want to Read:
Just For Clicks

Just For Clicks

Mommy blogs are great . . . unless the blog happens to belong to your mom.

Twin sisters Claire & Poppy are accidental social media stars thanks to Mom going viral when they were babies. Now, as teens, they're expected to contribute by building their own brand. Attending a NY fashion week and receiving fan mail is a blast. Fending off internet trolls and would-be kidnapp
Expected publication: February 19th 2019 by Amberjack

To ask other readers questions about Just For Clicks, please sign up.
Sydney Springer I haven't read this (yet), but if you're looking for another book with great twin rep I recommend YOU'LL MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE by Rachel Lynn Solomon…moreI haven't read this (yet), but if you're looking for another book with great twin rep I recommend YOU'LL MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE by Rachel Lynn Solomon and ONE by Sarah Crossan! Both very different twin dynamics, both incredibly realistic and relatable.(less)

may ❀
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
e-arc so graciously provided by netgalley. all opinions are my own.

This book had a lot of potential and I went in with really high hopes, hoping it would be something along the lines of Far From the Tree, but it really wasn’t. sad.

pros
- between each chapter is a page of text messages or emails or forum posts and I found it to be very cute and charming
- Rafael, this sweet soft boy who doesn’t use technology was my favourite character
- Slow burn romance that is heavy on friendship (fav)
- reall
Sahitya
More of a 3.5 star read.

I saw this book many times while browsing but it really wasn’t much on my radar to read until I saw a couple of trusted bloggers promoting it on social media. And it definitely didn’t disappoint. It started off really well but then took some interesting and not very pleasing turns, so I kind of have mixed feelings about the book overall.

Claire is a very realistic teenage protagonist. Her whole life has been about the blog and YouTube and she feels tired of living her life
Kara J McDowell
Jul 27, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
11/26/18 - New release date!

Just popping in to let everyone know that the release of JUST FOR CLICKS has been moved to February 19, 2019! I hope the extra 3 weeks will be worth the wait!

7/27/18 - I have a cover! (And I'm absolutely smitten with it!)

You might enjoy JUST FOR CLICKS if you like:

-Stories about sisters, specifically twins
-Complicated family dynamics
-Nice boys who are also a little bit technophobic
-Social Media
-Snippets of text messages, emails, forum posts, and voicemails
-Slow burn
Marie
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is more of a 4,5, I am SO indecisive okay.
There were so many things to love in this book: I really liked the blogging aspect of it all and seeing how much space it took in the girls' and their mother's lives. I LOVED the family dynamics and sister dynamics a whole lot, too and I had such a great time with the romance, slow-burning friendship turning into more, my favorite kind. That was overall such a good debut, I had such a fun time reading it and 300% recommend it.

Full review coming soo
Morgan (The Bookish Beagle)
I loved this book!! What an unexpected surprise! The voice was fantastic, the story was thought-provoking and filled with just the right amount of drama, and I super loved Rafael from the start! I also related so so deeply to some of the romantic situations Claire found herself in- we're both terribly awkward hahah. The ending felt a little fast but I read this in a day and enjoyed it SO much. It reminded me of an emma Mills or Jenn bennett book, which is the highest compliment I can give. Longe ...more
Isabelle (the Book Dutchesses)
4,5 stars! Full review will be posted closer to the release date. Netgalley provided me with an eArc.
I highly enjoyed this contemporary story filled with blogging and YouTube and fashion and secrets <3
Rachel Solomon
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so much fun! Its approach to social media (and social media fame) felt fresh and authentic, and the romance was absolutely adorable. Compelling family dynamics, too. Highly recommend to lovers of contemporary YA!
Mimi
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Kara McDowell’s debut novel invites you into the midst of twin sisters Claire and Poppy, whose lives have been chronicled online since the day there were born. Their Mom, internationally known mommy blogger managed to build a brand by telling the world about her family – and as teens, Claire and Poppy have taken up the torch and have become famous vloggers. The only problem? Claire doesn’t want to be in the spotlight anymore. She craves a normal life away from the cameras, away from the prying e ...more
Princess
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in a giveaway from the author. I also got approved by Netgalley at the same time😊

Just for Clicks is about 2 sisters who are popular on social media. This book is very important for teens to see how much they put on social media and how they open their lives for everyone to see. It also brings to the forefront how family doesn’t always mean blood. It hits on anxiety and shows how not everyone feels comfortable just going with the flow. It’s ok to just be you. I enjo
Lillian Clark
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I *adored* this book. Claire's story is so fascinating! Fun to read, full of heart and complexity, I've never read anything like it. I was hooked by the peek-behind-the-curtain of being internet famous but fell in love with McDowell's characters.
Allison ☾
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
“ For the first time in years, I’ve met someone who doesn’t see me as Claire Dixon: Internet Famous, and I’m determined to keep it that way. If last year taught me anything, it’s that some of my classmates view me through a constant “goals” filter, regardless of how unglamorous my life really is. Or they straight up hate me. It’s exhausting.”

This was an excellent debut novel. I would recommend to anyone who uses text or social media to communicate, mainly middle to high school aged girls. This
Jypsy
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This is an adorable social media involved story. It's a fast and fun read. Great for a relaxing day.
Esme
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I received Just For Clicks through NetGalley in exchange for a review. Thanks to Amberjack Publishing for allowing me a copy!

The Dixon family are ‘internet famous’. What began as a mommy blog run by Ashley Dixon has turned into an international empire – and her daughter Claire wants out. Having everything from potty training to junior prom discussed online is no longer her idea of fun and the perks of sponsorship deals don’t hold a candle to her dream of going to college and finally being a norm
Kelly deVos
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely put this book on your 2019 TBR! It's got a romance that you won't be able to put down and is a fun, fashionable take on the life of a teen instagram influencer. Come for the romance, stay for the story of a teenager finding and learning to love herself.
♥ Kayleigh Kehoe ⚜ (Awkword Reviews)✍
3.5 *
"Did you every notice that Claire is the obvious misfit of the family Ashley and Poppy are both tall and gorgeous and Claire's not. I feel bad for her, I really do."

Claire and Poppy, who are fraternal twins, are fashion & lifestyle icons on social media due to their Mom, Ashley, going viral before they were even born. Since losing her husband, and the twins losing their father, Ashley has documented every embarrassing, every memorable and mile stone moment of the twin's lives and dis
Elissa
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
(3.5/5)(I read this as a Netgalley ARC)

This was a quick, easy read that felt like a good fluffy story for a day at the beach: nothing too sinister, a twin discovering her independence, all wrapped up in a story about social media influencers. Claire and Poppy are twins of a popular mommy blogger; they've been subjects of their mom's blog-turned-Instagram ever since their conception. At 17, they are now content creators themselves, but while Poppy loves the popularity and perks, Claire wants noth
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of JUST FOR CLICKS by Kara McDowell in exchange for my honest review.***

3.5 STARS

Fraternal twin Claire is tired of being the subject of her mom’s blog and ready to give up the vlog she does with her sister Poppy. Saying no isn’t easy when your family is counting on the income. Poppy loves life as an influencer, while Claire would rather have an offline life. Secrets threaten the twins and the surprises are just beginning.

Everybody love
Felicia Mathews (Bookishly Slytherclaw)
Received an ARC through Netgalley. All opinions are my own.

Super cute story! Full review to come closer to release date.
Naomi Milliner
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Where is the line between what is okay to share with the world and what isn't? IS there a line? Should there be?" These thought-provoking questions at at the core of this terrific debut YA. Claire, the MC, has a fresh and funny voice. Her relationship with twin Poppy is authentic, yet refreshing. Instead of the usual rivalry between sisters, they really do care about, and support, each other. Also refreshing, is the tender, sweet, slow burn of a romance between Claire and Rafael. If you're look ...more
Amanda (Books, Life and Everything Nice)
Thank you to NetGalley, Amberjack, and Kara McDowell for an ARC ebook copy to review. As always, an honest review from me.

Just for Clicks centers around Claire, Poppy - her twin sister, and their mother. Since they were little girls Claire and Poppy have been vlogging, blogging and doing all sorts of paid sponsorships for their mom’s online brand. The blog started as a way for their mom to share their family moments with friends and also allowed her to support herself and her family after her h
anika
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC (advanced review copy) of this book in exchange for an honest review (thanks, Netgalley!) and I loved it so so so much that I read it in one day. There was a small pinch of minor swearing, and the main characters were secular teenagers so they weren't perfect (no one is though), but I loved the plot and characters and message so much that I can get past that.

Claire is ME. She can be so mature and wise at some times, and then other times she'll lock herself in her room for 2
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
This book was so good! It is so much deeper than I expected it to be and the writing is amazing! It reminded me about what I love in contemporary books! I highly recommend this one being on your TBR. Review to come.
Nikki Barthelmess
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so lucky I got to read this book before publication. I loved it so much! If you like stories about sisters, family secrets, internet fame, and a swoony will-they-or-won’t-they romance, this book is for you!
C.H. Armstrong
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A completely wonderful read. Not at all what I expected, but everything I’d hoped it would be and even better! Loved Poppy and Claire! Definitely a book that needs to be on your TBR list for 2019.
Elizabeth
This was CUTE! And Quirky! A very quick read that felt very summerish, I mean Claire only mentions the Arizona heat a dozen times, right?

Anyway, this story is about Claire and her unhappiness with her vlog/blog life. Her entire life is on the internet and that makes for a very mopey teenagers. What's worse? Her twin sister LOVES vlogging and even wants to do a reality TV show! Yay! Or if you're Claire, ehhhh,,, please no.

Yes, this story is about a teenager having very teenagerish problems. It's
USOM
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
(Disclaimer: I received this free book from Netgalley. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

(3.5)

Just for Clicks was a fascinating look into the effects of social media, what binds families together, and the quest for self-discovery. It feels like Claire's whole life is planned out, whether that be her sponsored outfit posts, her mother's schedule for her day, or her and twin sister Poppy's plans for the future. But as Claire begins to find out more secrets about her mot
Eva
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
This was a fun, sweet read that tackled some tough issues and was surprisingly/happily clean for a YA romance. There was very minimal swearing and hardly any sexual references. Claire was a great main character, Rafael was a fun boyfriend archetype, and the plot had some nice twists and turns. Highly recommended to fans of contemporary YA!

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.
Ellie (Princess of Ink)
Just For Clicks is a quick and somewhat fluffy book that would be great for a beach holiday or summer read. It didn't, however, inspire much thought and I likely wouldn't reread it in a hurry, nor would it be the first contemporary - one of my lesser loved genres - I recommend to anyone. Nonetheless, if what you're after is a fast-paced YA contemporary that offers insights into the tumultuous world of internet fame, YouTube and a slice of family drama, this might be the book for you.

I found the
Jamie Coudeville
I got this copy from Netgalley.

(view spoiler)
Arin ⭐
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
eARC provided by Netgalley
This was a super cute and super fun read! I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cute and fluffy, slow burn romance.

Full review to come closer to release date!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Born in the mountains and raised in the desert, Kara McDowell spent her childhood swimming, boating, and making up stories in her head. As the middle of five children, Kara entertained her family on long road trips by reading short mystery stories out loud and forcing everyone to guess the conclusion. After graduating from Arizona State University with a BA in English Literature, Kara worked as a ...more