Start by marking “Saving Grace” as Want to Read:
Saving Grace

Saving Grace

Grace Carmichael’s world was turned upside down when she was fifteen. The convent became her home. The Grotto her safe haven. She lived, breathed, and learned a life she never chose. Ten years later, freedom came knocking and she took a chance she never thought she would.

Phoenix Hayes experienced a double dose of heartache when death tragically altered his life at seventee
Kindle Edition
Published February 20th 2018

Jasmine
***Actual rating: 4.5/5 Soul-Saving Stars***
”I am a flawed man, Grace.”
“But there’s always something good in anyone, even someone as flawed as you.”

To be honest, I didn’t have any expectation for this book but you know what? It turned out pretty amazing once I was familiar with the story setting and the characters. Saving Grace is such a great title for this book both literally and metaphorically since Grace is not only the damsel in distress but also the holy grail for the male protagonis
Esther
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 4.5 Gem On Earth Stars ~

I have been waiting awhile for what Gigi Aceves would give us next. I LOVED her Able Series so I was thrilled to learn she was releasing Saving Grace.

This book didn’t disappoint at all. It’s another wonderful read that had my emotions all over the place. I found the storyline to be entertaining, emotional and suspenseful. I ended up loving all the characters we met but it took me awhile to like/love Phoeni
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Saving Grace by Gigi Aceves is the story of Grace Carmichael and Phoenix 'Nix' Hayes.
Grace's parents were murdered when she was around 15 years old, which was pretty traumatic for her.
A family friend named Joe, came to her rescue in the form of dropping her off in a convent and leaving her there for 10 years. Grace in turn became very religious. Joe's 'adopted son Nix is put in charge of finally going to get Grace and bring her to 'The Fort' where they live.
Nix also lost his parents to but he
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Danger and love are a potent mix…

I loved this author’s Able series – loved it – and couldn’t wait to start this standalone which I hope is the start of another series. Well, it better be! But more on that later… As I started reading, I was hoping for more memorable characters, nail-biting suspense and love-tinged drama. I was, happily, not disappointed.

“This meek-as-a-lamb, almost-a-nun-but-not-really five-foot woman in my arms has slowly wormed her way into my psyche.”

Grace’s life took a horr
Natshane
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
** 3.5 Stars **

Saving Grace is a story about loss and finding love in the most unlikely places.

New to me author, Gigi Aceves has delivered an emotionally angsty story that is capable of reducing you to tears, yet also smitten you with the romance. I have no expectations when it comes to new authors, only that I requested the book because the plot sounded like something that is right up my alley and I was pleasantly surprised to find Saving Grace to be a good read.

Albeit predictable, the book
Lindsey
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed first on TLBC's Book Blog (http://triciaciak.blogspot.com)

I honestly wasn’t sure what to expect from this book, but I was delightfully surprised. Gigi is a new author for me but I found her writing beautifully lyrical and this a really beautifully story.

Grace life can be split in two, the before and the after. Grace has taken to life at the convent, her safe haven is The Grotto and her painting, what more could she want?

Ten years later when she is told it’s time to leave, to regain her
Pam
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has just the right amount of sweet and pure innocence to offset the overpowering protectiveness and alpha male. The suspense and angst will also have you wanting to keep reading and see what will happen.

Grace had her life turned upside down and finds herself living in a convent from age 15 to 25 in hiding. With minimal notice that changes. But as sheltered as she has been Grace takes these next challenges like a warrior. Trying to do everything she can to adjust to her new surroundings
Christina Del Moral
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly loved this story. Gigi is a new author to more. She knows how to get the characters to engage well and make you want to love them like family. The story flowed smoothly, and you just want to keep reading to see what happens. This story has action, steamy scenes, and makes you want to be saved yourself by the gorgeous Nix. Grace is as innocent as they come,  and she has this fight and wittiness to her that you can't help but love. I highly recommend this story. I hope there's more to come.T ...more
Lisa Hahn
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.. a great read.

This book was great. It had a great story line. the characters were crazy fun to read. no filters on Nate. Lol. This story had all the feels and emotions. It really pulled on my heart. I definitely recommend this
The ending...... wow.
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 Beautiful Stars

This book is different from any I have read recently. Phoenix, known as Nix, and Grace have both had their lives shaped by tragedy. Both were orphaned at a young age, Grace’s experience more violent than Nix’s but both traumatic and life changing. Their reactions and outlook on life are so very different due to the lives they led, that tough being such opposites in so many ways, they become the piece the other one needs to fill their soul and make it complete.

After 10 years of h
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
3.5 Cranky Stars

Okay. So. Ahem.

Where do I begin??? So, basically, this is Christian erotica. But softly.

There. I said it.

Looks around nervously* Not dead? Okay...whew!! So let's get into it!

So this book was part suspenseful thriller and part romance. HEAVY on the romance and damsel-in-distress theme.

Throw in a few Catholic nuns and a dark and dangerous hero....while it isn't quite The Sound of Music, I can almost hear Mother Superior singing in the hills..

Grace, sheltered for her life since an e
Sabrina Olteanu
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Copy received courtesy of Inkslinger PR for an honest review.

Usually I don’t have high expectations when it comes to new authors, and when I signed up for the review, I’ve read the blurb and decided to give this story a shot, because it is the kind of story that is right up my alley. It was a nice read, even if it was a bit predictable.

We found out that Grace’s life turns upside down at only 15 years old. She witnessed the murder of her own parents…The motive was her father caught the head of a
Space Cowgirl
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ooooh, Oh, I'm Still Alive💕

Grace's parents are murdered by Japanese gangsters in the U.S. when she is fifteen. Hidden by her dad in a tiny saferoom, she is rescued by Joe🔪🔫, and taken to a convent, when she stays under the nuns protection for ten years. The time never seems right for her to rejoin the 🌎world.

Sure enough, when Nix🐺🍆🌋🔪🔫, a former marine, finally is sent by his adopted dad, Joe, to pick her up at the convent, they are followed. Then a woman takes her 📷picture on the ferry ride. Wh
Charlotte Lynn
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the romance, I love the drama, and I love the characters of Saving Grace. Nix is a hard alpha male. He’s had a tough life, found a family he will do anything to protect and keeps his heart behind brick walls. Until Pops sends him on a mission to save Grace, then he opens up little by little. The claim he lays on Grace from the very first meeting was obvious, heated, and perfect. Grace lived her life in protection from everything. She has no real idea how the outside world is but does know ...more
Patricia Shields
Wow great

I don't write many reviews because most of the books don't wow me. But Saving Grace is a really good story. I can't give a review about writers style but I can say the story is absorbing and the details about being Catholic are right on. Even the ending is appropriate considering the premise of mob revenge. Read it you will not be sorry.
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I was happy to see a new book by this author. I enjoyed her last series and although this seems to be different it still felt similar in writing style and emotion. I enjoy books that have a bit of everything and this really does cross off most of my desires. It has heartache , angst , innocence , bad boy , violence , suspense , love and of course heat !! It also gives us a view of the other characters and a tease of what will come next. I enjoyed meeting all of Nix's family and look forward to s ...more
Jenny Rapp
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entwined Souls.....A MUST READ!!!!

Another amazing and powerful story by this talented author. The sweetness and rawness of this story were entwined perfectly to create a masterpiece. The characters were deep and extremely lovable, and the suspense kept me on the edge of my seat.
Renee at Book Happiness
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review..

This is not a new to me author this is an author I have previously loved and this book proved why I love her writing..

This book tore my emotions apart and put them back together!! such a great read from a great author..

Grace and Nix were amazing and perfect together... Such a great read!!!!
Patricia Baxes
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read...masterful storyline; fully developed characters that draw you right into the story and won’t let you go. The twists and turns of book also keep you turning the pages. It’s one amazing roller coaster ride of emotions. Grab a few tissues as this one will break your heart but heal the pain as well. It’s an amazing tale—with a long and painful journey to the HEA. So good...(I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book and loved it!!) ❤❤ ...more
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an awesome book. I could not put it down. Although not a conventional couple Grace and Nix are wonderful together. The whole cast of characters are great especially Mama Ava.

Although a bit of a cliffhanger at the end ...
Misty Schott
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grace Carmichael has been through a lot. Her parents were brutally murdered when she was fifteen years old. She has lived in hiding at a convent for the last ten years. At twenty-five years of age she is an innocent woman who still has a target on her back courtesy of the jerk that killed her parents. Phoenix (Nix) Hayes lost his parents because of a drunk driver ten years ago, Mama Ada and Pops took him and his two brothers into their home and their hearts. Nix does black ops work for the gover ...more
Pat
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written storyline with a plot that flowed effortlessly throughout the entire book kept me totally enthralled until the turn of the very last page!
Tru Steamer Moss Diavolo
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After losing so much, Grace and Nix both had to find themselves. They both had a rough childhood and it not an easy task to love and trust. I really love this story.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Saving Grace by Gigi Aceves ⭐⭐⭐

Saving Grace is a short, sweet story. It has a dash of angst and a pinch of suspense mixed with lessons about dealing with loss.

The storyline is different than anything I’ve read previously. It’s sort of a cross between “The Sound of Music” and “Sister Act.” I did feel the plot was a bit predictable and underdeveloped at times though.

Grace was naive and much what you would expect of someone who grew up in a convent. Unfortunately I found her a little too perfect a
Lauren
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different

These two no heartbreak ... Grace has been hiding in a convent for 10 years... Nix is supposed to be her savior but they both end up falling. Her leaving the convent was really drama filled and kinda crazy... Nix drove me nuts running back to Tanya while figuring out the Grace thing this kinda bugged me. Im glad that Grace has a gentle and kind heart. That ending though not sure about it.
Franci Neill
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gigi-aceves
5 They Saved Each Other Stars!!

Oh what an amazing love story this is. I wasn't sure what to expect with this book as I've not read Ms. Aceves before. But I'm truly still gasping from all that this story is! Nix and Grace meet under really the most dire of circumstances...he's taking her from the only life she's known for the last ten years to protect her from the dangers that could infiltrate her heaven.

My heart physically hurt for Nix and his brothers Drake and Nick. Their lives were changed
ConfessionsofaRomanceJunkie
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Gigi is not a new author to me for which I am so lucky to say I have had the pleasure of reading the Able Series....loved it btw but don't distract me now with talk of LT lol.

Saving Grace is a sweet, contemporary romance with a bit of angst and a dash of suspense thrown in for good measure. It is beautifully written with great character development allowing that emotional connection to develop throughout the book. I love how Gigi writes, Saving Grace had me captivated from the very first page an
Romance
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The lady does it again!!!

The lady does it again!!!
Nix, he can save me any day! The man is strong, sexy, loyal, and driven. He loves what he does for a living and is damn good at it. Then... Grace happened.
Grace has had one sad and painful life. Her life for the last 10 years has been one of faith and of being in hiding. The convent is her safe haven but it is now time to leave and see what the world has to offer, yet it's not that easy.

Nix comes into her life in a way that she wouldn't have e
Jamie
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start, Grace has lost 10 years of her life after a her family was taken from her. How do you go on. Her salvation was the convent she was taken to for safety. But it is time to leave the one place that has been home. A promise is a promise no matter the time that has pass, so when Nix pop tells him and his brothers it a time to get Grace he is the one to bring her home. What Nix didn't expect is this small woman that was shelter from the world to be a spitfire too. Nix wasn't ready fo ...more

I’m a middle child, and no, I don’t suffer from the middle child syndrome. According to my parents, I’m the craziest, and I think, my husband and children agree with them.

Besides the births of my two children, my husband’s successful transplant is one of the most memorable moments of my crazy life! After dealing with two bouts of cancer, my husband served as an inspiration to me and my children.