Start by marking “Blind Justice” as Want to Read:
Blind Justice

Blind Justice

Gareth Dawson is innocent. His main problem is that the British justice system doesn’t agree with him

He might be a part-time thief guilty of many things, but Gareth’s not a murderer. Staring at fifteen years inside Her Majesty’s Prison Whitemoor, he considers the events that led to the wrongful verdict which cost him everything he once loved: His dignity. His freedom. His
Published March 30th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Blind Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Justice

Start your review of Blind Justice
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This pacey, prison drama caught me up in the web of the story from the very beginning. Reminding me very much of some of the court dramas I watch on television, I was desperate to know the story behind Gareth's imprisonment and how he would have the opportunity of appealing his sentence.

The novel opens with Gareth's cell door being slammed shut and he begins to consider how many more of these he will have to experience throughout his prison sentence for murder. We then are taken back in time to
Cath
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story starts with Gareth out in his local pub with a couple of his mates, or should I say, the other members of his small burglary team. Not houses or people, just businesses. They have been together for years, an easy way to make money when needed. While sitting in this pub planning their next job, a couple walk in, who definitely don’t look like they belong there. This is when Gareth sees Jennifer for the first time.

Gareth helps Jen out with her now ex-boyfriend, who didn’t take the news
Bev
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Gareth Darrows killed the person who killed his wife......or did he? He has already been sentenced to life in prison for this crime. He has accepted it. His life is nothing without Jennifer anyway. She was the only good thing that ever happened to him and then she was gone. Killed by her ex boyfriend, Robert, who Gareth threatened in front of everyone in a court room when he was not charged with killing Jennifer, but driving drunk. Gareth carefully plans his revenge against Robert one night when ...more
David Savage
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Blind Justice is a legal thriller that is really thrilling. The plot is very good and well thought out and the characters are excellent (apart from at times the main character comes across as intelligent wanting to correct people’s use of double negatives and at other times not quite as intelligent as he has to have relatively simple words explained to him).

The first half of the book builds the story of what led the main character to prison while the second part goes at a faster pace dealing wit
Dwayne Gill
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Satisfying story and ending, with a twist

Mr. Burrows delivers a very well-paced story of justice in a way that you won’t see coming. The first half of the book tells how the protagonist, Gareth, a small-time criminal, stumbles into a romance with a girl that appears to be out of his league. His world comes crashing down in one fateful night and he finds himself alone, and soon after fighting for his own freedom. The second half of the book details that struggle...and provides a twist at the end.
Craig
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great characters, a gripping court room drama and really descriptive writing.
I couldn't fault it.
Jojo Anthonio-van Zeele
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First requirement for me to love a book is; fall for the protagonist, or more precisely to fall IN love with him. I did, immediately so; first box; 'tick'.
Second requirement; get caught up in the story FAST; 'tick'.
Third one; plot and unexpected plottwists; 'tick'.
Fourth one; a surprising ending; 'tick'.
Fifth one; combine the above elements in a perfect composed piece of writing; 'tick'.
So you end up with a 5 star rating.
Nathan, you delivered it! Your debut is brilliant and I am in for more.
And
Divya Mahajan
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance review copy for free through Booksirens and I thank them and the author for the chance to review it. I have been a fan of John Grisham and Medical and Legal thrillers are my Fav. Though the book reminded me of John Grisham because of its gripping tale, I wouldn't call the author another Grisham but Unique Nathan Burrows because of the emotions in the tale. I really loved the book.
The story was taut, fast paced never a dull moment in the entire tale. The description of the c
s w cheadle
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprised

Good solid read,court rooms to match grisham , very enjoyable, I like the main character Gareth and Paul is brilliant as a barrister would like to see a book about his past exploits
Jackie
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous story with believable characters that could be your best buddies. I truly enjoyed this book and the ending was oddly satisfying.
Lynda Kelly
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one is a 5* story but accompanied by 3* editing at the most so I've averaged it out. Such a real shame when a book should be 5* but it gets spoiled by a lack of decent proofreading. It's a very good courtroom drama and is an interesting case featured as well. You can imagine yourself in Gareth's position with very little difficulty. I liked him a great deal. He doesn't pretend he's an angel and is more than happy to admit to his own faults and it has you warming to him. Even his pals are de ...more
Jamie Jack
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: p-2019
A Gripping Tale Exploring the Facets of Blind Justice

The story starts with a bang, as the protagonist, Gareth, enters his new home for the next 15 years...a prison cell. The novel first outlines how he went from petty thief to convicted murderer, which starts as a tale of a man reforming from his life of small-time crime after he meets the woman who will change everything. The author does a good job keeping us guessing throughout. We know there is going to be a murder...but who's the victim? Is
Rachel
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review contains NO spoilers.
Ok, so I actually enjoyed 'Blind Justice' quite alot considering my initial impression of the book was not great. For the first 20 or so pages I felt myself physically wince countless times due to the horrific syntax, punctuation and grammar errors. SERIOUS lack of proof reading occurred for the first two chapters.....but I held on.

At first there was nothing catchy about the book. The plot was tiresome,the dialogue tedius and the characters one dimensional and bo
Aravind
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Blind Justice, a legal thriller set in the city of Norwich in England, is the debut novel by Nathan Burrows. It is the first-person narrative by the protagonist, Gareth Dawson, of what led to his life sentence for murder and what follows it.

Gareth is a small-time thief who mends his ways on meeting the beautiful Jennifer, with whom he plans to spend his life. But his plans go awry as Jennifer is killed in a supposed accident involving her ex-boyfriend and, a few months later, Gareth himself is c
Becky Baldridge
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Blind Justice is touted as a legal thriller, and while there is an interesting courtroom drama here, it doesn't happen until the last forty percent or so of the book, and interesting doesn't necessarily translate to thrilling. At least not for me, which is where my problem lays with those subtitles, taglines, whatever they are that are so frequently placed next to titles lately. This one started out promising with the cell door slamming on an inmate. From there, it slows down considerably with t ...more
Louise
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blind Justice is an engaging read from start to finish. The first person voice of Gareth works well and he is easy to like, despite his flaws. The book opens with Gareth contemplating his life in gaol for at least the next fifteen years and without spending too long here the story enticingly unravels to introduce the people in his life and what led to his crime. About a third of a way in I thought all was revealed and could not see what else needed to be told, but I was wrong. The stage had been ...more
Billie
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An innocent man sent to prison for life. A lawyer gives him a second chance. Can they overcome an unfair system to clear his name?
Gareth Dawson is innocent. He's not a murderer. His main problem is that the British justice system doesn’t agree with him. He might be a reformed thief guilty of many things in his past, but not murder. In the space of a few short months, Gareth has gone from being married to the woman of his dreams to facing a life sentence.
Inside Her Majesty’s Prison Whitemoor, a C
Carol Peace
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
This was Nathan Burrows debut novel and I am pleased to say I wouldn't have realised if I hadn't known beforehand as it definitely hit the ground running and kept up the pace until the end.
Gareth is a small time burglar when he is drinking in the pub with friends and he sees Jennifer and at that point his world changes. He gives up his criminal ways and settles down to married life but when tragedy strikes he finds himself out for revenge and he finds himself in prison facing a long sentence. On
Robert Browning
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding and just Brilliant.
“This must be one of you top choices to read!” If you enjoy a really tight and enthralling thriller about justice; the legal system and young man called Gareth convicted of murder that you just can’t help to sympathise for. As you read and get into the book you become so engrossed and become part of the story.
It is seldom I read a book where I get so engrossed with the character that i not only feel I’m there with him but partly feel I am him seeing things through
Karen
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great start to a new series! The story starts out rather slowly for the first couple chapters to get the characters all set up, then BANG! The newlyweds have found their soulmates and have been married for less than a year, then disaster boomerangs! The husband finds himself unjustly jailed for a murder charge, and his wife is dead! Bleak, indeed!
Now the story gets rolling. (If you are old enough to remember the old Perry Mason lawyer shows on TV in the ancient past, this is what
Manisha
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Gareth is a decent man, a burglar but they can be gentlemen too. A woman comes along and makes him rethink his choice of profession. It starts out as a beautiful story of love and acceptance. And then it turns into a murder mystery- fast paced and constantly moving.
There was never a dull or slow moment in the entire book. After a point it was difficult to put down and just had to be done with to reveal the twists and turns.
I am waiting for the next one from this author.

I received an advance rev
Ellen White
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The opening with the emotions of his cell, his room for the next fifteen years grabs us, does one think of this. He was guilty with his buddies of small business thief. Thoughts of when he first meet Jennifer, those green eyes, a romance, she was to good for him, and then murdered. by an ex boyfriend, The question did he or didn’t he then murder the guy. Approached to get a new trial, what was the new evidence. A captivating story told in two parts, with a surprise ending. Given ARC for my volun ...more
Anne Kinslow
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne Kinslow.
I read this book last month but forgot to leave a review here on Goodreads, below is my review of BLIND JUSTICE.
The Title caught my eye so, I read the Blurb next and liked what I was reading so, I then got the book as I knew it would be a good read. I was caught within the first few words and I knew then that I couldn’t put this book down till I came to the end.
I was hooked! This was one of the best books that I have read recently and I went onto Amazon and bought more of his books.
Francis  Bacon
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable page turner. Interesting twist.

I really liked the characterisation and started to care about the protagonists.
I spent the whole book asking why, and the plot twist at the end was unexpected.
The story is a bit predictable as it progresses, in the same way that an episode of A Touch of Frost or Midsomer Murders, is predictable. However, like those other police procedurals, Blind Justice has a steady cadence and a momentum which carries you to the end.
I really enjoyed it and I'm very hap
Patty
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to give this book 4.5 stars. I had problems getting into the story. I stuck with it as I felt it would be something I would enjoy reading. Am I glad I did. It started picking up and didn't stop. The ending blew me away. Gareth is found guilty and sent to prison for a murder he did not commit. A new lawyer comes along and gets a new trial for Gareth based on evidence not brought up at the first trial.
Caroline
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
my first novel by Nathan Burrows, and a really good read - it starts unusually at the end of the case. And with that unusual beginning you're drawn into the narrative - none of the characters in this novel are overly likeable but i think that adds to the story. It progresses along at a fab pace and leaves you guessing at the end. I found it fascinating and will definitely continue to read this series of novels. 4* from me
Mick Painting
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A legal thriller with a difference

I enjoy the genre of legal thrillers but this story approaches it from a different aspect and it works so well. All of the characters are strong and believable and the twist at the end is unexpected and worth waiting for. A really good read that kept me turning the pages till the end - even if I didn't see it coming!
mark o connor
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book was well written and resources,it also was believable and I forward to reading his next offerings .

I will certainly recommend this book to all my friends.john Gresham will have to watch out as I think Nathan is a better story teller .
Linda
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this court drama. I loved the way Nathan Burrows built the suspense to the unexpected climax, but I was shocked at the ending. I would recommend this book if you enjoy reading court room dramas. I received this book as an ARC and this is my honest review.
Gill Day
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Loved this book from the first page, and loved it even more when I reached the court scenes. Well characterised, good plot, satisfying conclusion!
UK Amazon Kindle ...: Nathan Burrows - ‘Blind Justice’ 1 12 Apr 01, 2018 10:48AM
Making Connections: 5188. - BLIND JUSTICE by Nathan Burrows 4 12 Mar 09, 2018 04:51AM

• Time of Justice (Mara Brent Legal Thriller #1)
  • Damaging Evidence: A Novel
  • The District Attorney (Lettie Portman, #1)
  • The Brief (Charles Holborne #1)
  • The Last Chance Lawyer (Daniel Pike, #1)
  • Imminent Harm (Cass Leary Legal Thriller Series Book 6)
  • The Ninth District
  • Accomplice Liability (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #7)
  • I Swear To Tell (Cadence Elliott Legal Thriller Series Book 1)
  • Price of Justice (Mara Brent Legal Thriller #2)
  • Corpus Delicti (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #6)
  • Tenderloin (Abby Kane FBI Thriller, #2)
  • Divine Justice (Brad Madison #2)
  • A Higher Duty (A Ben Schroeder Legal Thriller Book 1)
  • Criminal Intent (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #3)
  • State vs. Lassiter (Jake Lassiter #9)
  • Dead and Gone to Bell (A Samantha Bell Mystery Thriller, #1)
  • A Matter for the Jury (A Ben Schroeder Legal Thriller)
Nathan Burrows is a writer based in Norfolk in the United Kingdom. His debut novel, Blind Justice, was published in March 2018.

Nathan's a keen reader as well as a writer. He occasionally runs marathons, has a Norwich City football club season ticket, and is the proud part-owner of a Daschund puppy called Bertie.

News & Interviews