Start by marking “Blind Justice” as Want to Read:
Blind Justice

Blind Justice

Gareth Dawson is innocent. His main problem is that the British justice system doesn’t agree with him

He might be a part-time thief guilty of many things, but Gareth’s not a murderer. Staring at fifteen years inside Her Majesty’s Prison Whitemoor, he considers the events that led to the wrongful verdict which cost him everything he once loved: His dignity. His freedom. His
Published March 30th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Blind Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Justice

Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This pacey, prison drama caught me up in the web of the story from the very beginning. Reminding me very much of some of the court dramas I watch on television, I was desperate to know the story behind Gareth's imprisonment and how he would have the opportunity of appealing his sentence.

The novel opens with Gareth's cell door being slammed shut and he begins to consider how many more of these he will have to experience throughout his prison sentence for murder. We then are taken back in time to
Cath
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story starts with Gareth out in his local pub with a couple of his mates, or should I say, the other members of his small burglary team. Not houses or people, just businesses. They have been together for years, an easy way to make money when needed. While sitting in this pub planning their next job, a couple walk in, who definitely don’t look like they belong there. This is when Gareth sees Jennifer for the first time.

Gareth helps Jen out with her now ex-boyfriend, who didn’t take the news
Bev
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Gareth Darrows killed the person who killed his wife......or did he? He has already been sentenced to life in prison for this crime. He has accepted it. His life is nothing without Jennifer anyway. She was the only good thing that ever happened to him and then she was gone. Killed by her ex boyfriend, Robert, who Gareth threatened in front of everyone in a court room when he was not charged with killing Jennifer, but driving drunk. Gareth carefully plans his revenge against Robert one night when ...more
Dwayne Gill
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Satisfying story and ending, with a twist

Mr. Burrows delivers a very well-paced story of justice in a way that you won’t see coming. The first half of the book tells how the protagonist, Gareth, a small-time criminal, stumbles into a romance with a girl that appears to be out of his league. His world comes crashing down in one fateful night and he finds himself alone, and soon after fighting for his own freedom. The second half of the book details that struggle...and provides a twist at the end.
David Savage
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Blind Justice is a legal thriller that is really thrilling. The plot is very good and well thought out and the characters are excellent (apart from at times the main character comes across as intelligent wanting to correct people’s use of double negatives and at other times not quite as intelligent as he has to have relatively simple words explained to him).

The first half of the book builds the story of what led the main character to prison while the second part goes at a faster pace dealing wit
Craig Bourne
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great characters, a gripping court room drama and really descriptive writing.
I couldn't fault it.
Divya Mahajan
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance review copy for free through Booksirens and I thank them and the author for the chance to review it. I have been a fan of John Grisham and Medical and Legal thrillers are my Fav. Though the book reminded me of John Grisham because of its gripping tale, I wouldn't call the author another Grisham but Unique Nathan Burrows because of the emotions in the tale. I really loved the book.
The story was taut, fast paced never a dull moment in the entire tale. The description of the c
Jojo Anthonio-van Zeele
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First requirement for me to love a book is; fall for the protagonist, or more precisely to fall IN love with him. I did, immediately so; first box; 'tick'.
Second requirement; get caught up in the story FAST; 'tick'.
Third one; plot and unexpected plottwists; 'tick'.
Fourth one; a surprising ending; 'tick'.
Fifth one; combine the above elements in a perfect composed piece of writing; 'tick'.
So you end up with a 5 star rating.
Nathan, you delivered it! Your debut is brilliant and I am in for more.
And
s w cheadle
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprised

Good solid read,court rooms to match grisham , very enjoyable, I like the main character Gareth and Paul is brilliant as a barrister would like to see a book about his past exploits
Jackie
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous story with believable characters that could be your best buddies. I truly enjoyed this book and the ending was oddly satisfying.
Lynda Kelly
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one is a 5* story but accompanied by 3* editing at the most so I've averaged it out. Such a real shame when a book should be 5* but it gets spoiled by a lack of decent proofreading. It's a very good courtroom drama and is an interesting case featured as well. You can imagine yourself in Gareth's position with very little difficulty. I liked him a great deal. He doesn't pretend he's an angel and is more than happy to admit to his own faults and it has you warming to him. Even his pals are de ...more
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
A Gripping Tale Exploring the Facets of Blind Justice

The story starts with a bang, as the protagonist, Gareth, enters his new home for the next 15 years...a prison cell. The novel first outlines how he went from petty thief to convicted murderer, which starts as a tale of a man reforming from his life of small-time crime after he meets the woman who will change everything. The author does a good job keeping us guessing throughout. We know there is going to be a murder...but who's the victim? Is
Rachel
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review contains NO spoilers.
Ok, so I actually enjoyed 'Blind Justice' quite alot considering my initial impression of the book was not great. For the first 20 or so pages I felt myself physically wince countless times due to the horrific syntax, punctuation and grammar errors. SERIOUS lack of proof reading occurred for the first two chapters.....but I held on.

At first there was nothing catchy about the book. The plot was tiresome,the dialogue tedius and the characters one dimensional and bo
Aravind
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Blind Justice, a legal thriller set in the city of Norwich in England, is the debut novel by Nathan Burrows. It is the first-person narrative by the protagonist, Gareth Dawson, of what led to his life sentence for murder and what follows it.

Gareth is a small-time thief who mends his ways on meeting the beautiful Jennifer, with whom he plans to spend his life. But his plans go awry as Jennifer is killed in a supposed accident involving her ex-boyfriend and, a few months later, Gareth himself is c
Becky Baldridge
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Blind Justice is touted as a legal thriller, and while there is an interesting courtroom drama here, it doesn't happen until the last forty percent or so of the book, and interesting doesn't necessarily translate to thrilling. At least not for me, which is where my problem lays with those subtitles, taglines, whatever they are that are so frequently placed next to titles lately. This one started out promising with the cell door slamming on an inmate. From there, it slows down considerably with t ...more
Louise
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blind Justice is an engaging read from start to finish. The first person voice of Gareth works well and he is easy to like, despite his flaws. The book opens with Gareth contemplating his life in gaol for at least the next fifteen years and without spending too long here the story enticingly unravels to introduce the people in his life and what led to his crime. About a third of a way in I thought all was revealed and could not see what else needed to be told, but I was wrong. The stage had been ...more
Cassie Allen
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nathan Burrows delivers a well-paced legal thriller telling the story of Gareth Dawson.
The story immediately makes you fall in love with the characters as they are relatable and realistic. From how the story starts off with Garth being in the prison cell you are never really sure what the turning point will be in the story that will cause Gareth to land himself in jail.
Gareth starts off as someone that does occasional "side jobs" or as we know them as being petty theft. Despite his extra work,
Manisha
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Gareth is a decent man, a burglar but they can be gentlemen too. A woman comes along and makes him rethink his choice of profession. It starts out as a beautiful story of love and acceptance. And then it turns into a murder mystery- fast paced and constantly moving.
There was never a dull or slow moment in the entire book. After a point it was difficult to put down and just had to be done with to reveal the twists and turns.
I am waiting for the next one from this author.

I received an advance rev
Ellen White
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The opening with the emotions of his cell, his room for the next fifteen years grabs us, does one think of this. He was guilty with his buddies of small business thief. Thoughts of when he first meet Jennifer, those green eyes, a romance, she was to good for him, and then murdered. by an ex boyfriend, The question did he or didn’t he then murder the guy. Approached to get a new trial, what was the new evidence. A captivating story told in two parts, with a surprise ending. Given ARC for my volun ...more
Patty
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to give this book 4.5 stars. I had problems getting into the story. I stuck with it as I felt it would be something I would enjoy reading. Am I glad I did. It started picking up and didn't stop. The ending blew me away. Gareth is found guilty and sent to prison for a murder he did not commit. A new lawyer comes along and gets a new trial for Gareth based on evidence not brought up at the first trial.
Mick Painting
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A legal thriller with a difference

I enjoy the genre of legal thrillers but this story approaches it from a different aspect and it works so well. All of the characters are strong and believable and the twist at the end is unexpected and worth waiting for. A really good read that kept me turning the pages till the end - even if I didn't see it coming!
mark o connor
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book was well written and resources,it also was believable and I forward to reading his next offerings .

I will certainly recommend this book to all my friends.john Gresham will have to watch out as I think Nathan is a better story teller .
Natasha Banton
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mystery and thriller book lovers
I thought that this was a good book, but there were many words that were too close together.
The description of the scenery was good and I enjoyed the whole story.
K E Franks
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great first novel. Kept my interest from first to last place and a great unexpected ending!
Gill Day
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Loved this book from the first page, and loved it even more when I reached the court scenes. Well characterised, good plot, satisfying conclusion!
Joy Corkery
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review originally published here: https://joyfulantidotes.com/2018/05/1...

Blind Justice by Nathan Burrows focuses on Gareth, an innocent man in jail for murder. Given 15 years on the inside, Gareth has plenty of time to ponder his life until now: his career as a petty thief, his mistakes and, most importantly, his wife Jennifer. That is until lawyer Paul Dewar comes to visit him with a claim that he has enough information to help Gareth fight for freedom.

OK, the main reason I liked this book was
davidchevalier
Dec 15, 2018
Dolores Mangan
Jul 21, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
UK Amazon Kindle ...: Nathan Burrows - ‘Blind Justice’ 1 12 Apr 01, 2018 10:48AM
Making Connections: 5188. - BLIND JUSTICE by Nathan Burrows 4 12 Mar 09, 2018 04:51AM
Nathan Burrows is a writer based in Norfolk in the United Kingdom. His debut novel, Blind Justice, was published in March 2018.

Nathan's a keen reader as well as a writer. He occasionally runs marathons, has a Norwich City football club season ticket, and is the proud part-owner of a Daschund puppy called Bertie.

His latest book is 'The Baker', and is the sequel to 'The Butcher'. a dark post-Brexit