Start by marking “Undone by the Ex-Con (Just for Him, #2)” as Want to Read:
Undone by the Ex-Con (Just for Him, #2)

Undone by the Ex-Con

(Just for Him #2)

Is she strong enough to seduce her greatest enemy?

Isaac Montgomery is a millionaire, a murderer, and high society’s latest novelty. After all he’s been through, it should take more than a prima ballerina with a cut-glass accent to get under his skin. But when Isaac meets Lizzie Olusegun-Keynes, he doesn’t just lose his cool. He f$*king melts.

After a recent diabetes diagnos
Published January 2nd 2018 by Nixon House

To ask other readers questions about Undone by the Ex-Con, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undone by the Ex-Con

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I think that Talia Hibbert is going to be my new go-to for M/F contemporary romance! I had another really good read with Undone by the Ex-Con: A BWWM Romance, and though it isn't my usual genre, I couldn't put it down.

There is something about Talia Hibbert's writing style that is compulsively readable. I mean, I hate contemporary romance, right? Right?! But this book... I zoomed right through it.

I love, love, love that Talia Hibbert gives us POC MCs in her stories. I wish we had a curvy black
K.J. Charles
Talia Hibbert writes the most gloriously over the top, tropetastic, gleeful romances and this is no exception. There's lashings of cash, high life, wild emotions, buckets of sexytimes. They also have grounding, though, which makes the difference. Lizzie is a super rich top ballet dancer in a whirlwind of lust with a hot bestselling author and all that, but the moment that made me well up was when she sat down with her new girl friends to a Buffy marathon. We don't ever lose sight of the importan ...more
Tina
- Great writing
- Prickly heroine whose prickliness I love
- Great hero who straddles the line between tough and sensitive
- fantastic supporting characters. I mean, dude, I love the support system between the heroine and her brother, their BFFs who descend on them, their council of war to thwart the main antagonist, the conversations between the hero and the heroine's brother...
- appropriately smarmy antagonist
- terrible parents
- Did I mention I loved all the supporting characters
- Also a good,
Elisabeth Lane
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Talia Hibbert book so far. I loved the struggles each character had to overcome, loved the class consciousness of the conflict and loved how third found family came together at the end. I'll be reading this one again.
ambsreads
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trigger Warnings: homophobic comments, murder (off the page), emotional abuse, drug addiction

YOU CAN ALSO FIND MY REVIEW FOR THIS BOOK OVER ON MY BLOG

I think I’ve made it clear by now that I love Talia Hibbert. This was actually my final book of hers to read before the release of her next book (which may be out by the time I write this review?). This definitely isn’t my favourite of her works but it was such an enjoyable ride and I read it so fast. Talia Hibbert is an hour that has had the abili
Natalie
wow i have taken a trip to feels city and i am undone by this book! honestly though, how very dare Ms Hibbert make me feel all these feeeeels lol

But seriously: i adored Lizzie and Isaac so much. what complex, and interesting multifaceted characters. Talia's characters always feel so fully formed and i just love how her heroes worship the heroine. and Isaac was of course no exception.

This book was just captivating and of course i feel in love with every single secondary character (well not Mark
alexis
Loved this book so much. It'll hard to be coherent with my thoughts because there was a lot to it, so review in bullet point form:

- Amazing Leads. Issac and Lizzie were both so well developed and multifaceted characters. There wasn't a time when I wanted one character's POV more than the other. They felt like real people. I loved both their stories. Seeing their development was so rewarding. (There was a scene in the book when a character asks Issac how love has changed him and he says "Didn't
Xan West
Review to come.

Content Warnings (view spoiler)
Adele Buck
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Talia's imagination. Her imagery. I want her to get a better editor. Lots of missing words, incorrect homonyms, other errors.
Michaela
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love in the French Alps

Ah, Talia has done it again and has stolen my heart with these wonderful characters. Issac is a man tortured by his past that has now made him a famous author. His appearance is intimidating yet he has a vulnerability he hides from the world. And Lizzie is a retired principal dancer who feels as if her body has betrayed her, as she fights for a new sense of normal with her diagnosis of diabetes. She's learning to untangle the toxic self doubt and hate her mother has taught
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Deliciously manly

4 Star Kindle Unlimited Read
I loved that this too was an interracial couple. Moreover, I love that both the leads were strong in their own rights and that family made them stronger. I can't wait to read the next installment in this trilogy as well as the inbetweener that author Talia Hibbert promised.
The_Book_Queen
4 1/2 Stars!

Talia Hibbert is a new favorite author for me, and I've been keeping her latest books in the "Break Glass During Emergency" collection. Well, it was time, and I'm so glad I had this book to help me escape this week!

I truly believe her writing only gets better as she releases more books -- and her writing was good from the start. I love her writing voice, love the characters she creates, the body and sex positivity that she puts into all her books, not to mention the fun and heat an
Elke
this was a great enemies to lovers with blackmail and diabetes and a fierce black heroine and an ex-convict and class difference and social (in)justice commentary.

with people like the ones sitting in this room, people who probably didn't notice that the tableware was silver, and the china was real - but would sure as hell notice if it wasn't.

i loved that lizzie is a dancer and isaac a writer (and isaac and the girls were amazing characters), i loved that he is into poetry, i love the fierceness
Lea Bourg'
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
French & English reviews

Coup de cœur pour cette romance qui n'a l'air de rien comme ça mais qui aborde beaucoup de choses (tabou de l'homosexualité, diabète, chantage etc etc.) et que j'ai trouvé très original ! J'ai adoré l'héroïne (qu'est-ce que j'ai pleuré pour elle !!) et j'ai trouvé le héros tellement attachant <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOVE this romance that doesn't look like that but that addresses many things (taboo of homosexuality, diabetes, blackmail etc. etc.) and that I found very orig
Danielle
review to come
MrsJoseph
I love the characters but I cannot deal with deception in Romance. And this was a big ball of deception.
Maz Hedgehog
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hate to Love at its best

I've never loved hate to love so much. The characters are compelling and I was genuinely invested in their growth. I always love a book that disparages the moneyed classes so that was pretty cool too.

As always, Talia has written a banger and I had a bit of a book hangover after I finished. I wait with bated breath for the next one
Julianne Macneil
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. This was a story about an ex-con who turned his life around and became an author. Isaac is still a shy quiet guy who sees everything around him. Isaac has no family left after his mother died and he is not looking for anyone, until he sees Lizzie, a young ballerina who is teaching his publisher's children ballet. Lizzie was dancing in Paris until she was diagnosed with diabetes and she decided to quit. Lizzie ...more
Em
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fat-characters, aoc, poc, mf
I was gonna give this four stars because my bitch-ass head was like "the beginning is like so sudden" STFU BRAIN, IT'S PERFECTLY INTENSE BECAUSE THEY ARE REALLY INTENSE PEOPLE/

This is... excellent fat rep, excellent disability rep (OWNVOICES???? I'm not sure) and excellent appraisal of how we as a society view cons.
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖

Isaac es la combinación perfecta entre héroe beta y alfa. Es muy dulce, tímido y se ruboriza pero también puede ser intimidante. Me encantó, los dos tienen mucha química y me encantó que Elizabeth fuera negra (más representación por favor!!) y diabética, la primera vez que Leo un libro con una protagonista con esa enfermedad.

Medio cheesy llegando al final pero fue una lectura muy entretenida.

************

Los protagonistas tienen mucha química y me gusto ese tira y afloja entre los dos.

Tienen per
Kathryn
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Plot

These Just for Him books are dangerous my gosh lol. I was not expecting these books to be on the more intense side but I adore them. Issac is an ex-con who became a published author with a book about his conviction. Lizzie is a ballerina who had to quit after finding out she has type one diabetes. When she meets Issac, he comes prancing into her in-home class and she can't stand the sight of him. How dare he interrupt her class AND be sexy as hell. Issac hates this ballerina the moment he se
Kika
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Well, I’ve gotten quite into the habit of reading and reviewing romance books over the past week, haven’t I?

This has got to be my favourite one, along with Drive by Jacob Chance. What makes ‘Undone’ so compelling are the characters. Oh my goodness, the characters. I’m a huge dork for character development.

Isaac Montgomery is an ex-con with a dark past, incredible writing skills and a huge heart. He meets Elizabeth Olusegun-Keynes and something happens to him. He doesn’t fully grasp it at first
Kelly
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love overcomes

Isaac hates liars and fakes. Lizzy is being forced to lie to him for the sake of her brother. But the things she feels when she's with him are real and vice versa.
Their journey is so worth it. (And the sex scenes so hot) Isaac thinks of himself as unworthy because of things he's done in the past (it's not a spoiler alert to say that he's an ex-con ... it is in the title after all.) and the experiences he has had. He didn't grow up with money or support and because of that he made
&#x1f48b;Meme Chanell Book Corner&#x1f48b;

I'm not going to lie at first I thought I was not going to like this story but I kept reading and I ending up liking it their was deception, romance a broken hero. I don't know why I like broken heros.

And a heroine whom was trying to protect her older brother who raised her and did anything for Her by deceiving the man she had started to fall in love with.

I ended up liking this story not only because of the ro
Dee
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite story

The absolute realism and vulnerability in this story strikes something deep within us all. From Lizzie’s issues with her body, her desire to always appear strong (even to her own detriment) and keeping up the facade of perfection she is someone everyone can relate to.

And Issac is such an emotionally open character with the reader. He knows how the world sees him, he knows the utter rawness of his reality and how he made his money and he hates it himself. Talia was brilliant for
Kathy
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

Isaac the ex con is dark and brooding and...shy. He made his money off his descriptions of life in prison, but he wants to write poetry. Lizzie is a dancer rigidly trained to put focus and self control first. From the minute the meet sparks fly.
This may be one of my favourite of Talia's books. Isaac is soft and adorable, Lizzie is perfect for him. The plot twists and turns are fun and the angst level is just right--lots of emotion but not like you've been put through a wringer. I love ho
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Choices can make or break us. In lizzie's case she was a ballerina in Paris until she became ill. Isaac is an ex con who turned his life around and became an author. He meets Lizzie through his publisher as she teaches ballet to the publisher's children. When she first meets Isaac Lizzie thinks that he is beneath her. But s the two get to know each other Lizzie realizes there is more to Isaac.Because of family secrets Lizzie is placed in a precarious situation and is approached to get informatio ...more
Ife Davis
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Isaac's publisher Mark has a nefarious plan in mind to ensure his continued wealth and he chooses multiple victims to attain that goal...advantageous contracts, blackmail, and manipulation and Lizzie is his designated tool.
However, these two might be connected by fate's thread, will Lizzie be able to carry out this subterfuge or will these sins burn what she has left?

I liked the approach to real issues, the bo
Sybil Pun
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW

This book is by far one of the best book that I have read which included so many parts that were all well developed. There was the talk & the education regarding, being a diabetic, a ex prisoner, a gay person, an over achiever, drogues, children being emotionally abused by their parents goal and aspiration, socially acceptance, the overall acceptance of oneself and of course love, romance, and passion....
This book deserved more than a five, and I will not stop from raving about it and enc
  • Warrior
  • Small Change (Small Change, #1)
  • Hot Pursuit (Jupiter Point #5)
  • Bollywood and the Beast (Bollywood Confidential, #3)
  • A Guardian's Desire
  • Love On My Mind (Shades of Love, #1)
  • Undeniable
  • The Davis Years
  • Inside Out
  • Better At Weddings Than You (Chic Manila, #9)
  • Feels Like Summer
  • Full Circle  (Full Circle, #1)
  • Rescued
  • Beyond the Breaking Point (Beyond the Breaking Point #1)
  • The Highest Price to Pay
  • Haven (Beards & Bondage, #1)
  • Let Us Dream
  • Choices
Talia Hibbert is an award-winning, Black British author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. S

Just for Him (3 books)
  • Bad for the Boss (Just for Him, #1)
  • Sweet on the Greek (Just for Him #3)
“We're in this together. You know as well as I do that control can be a heavy burden. So you'll share it, and I'll help. Okay?” 0 likes
“Not everything needs to be fixed, Liz. Some things just need to be taken care of.” 0 likes