Start by marking “One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)” as Want to Read:
One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)

One-Eyed Royals

(Seven of Spades #4)

Spoiler Alert! The following blurb contains spoilers for Cash Plays, book three of Seven of Spades.

Shattered by their devastating breakup, Detective Levi Abrams and PI Dominic Russo find themselves at war right when they need each other most. While Dominic is trapped in a vicious cycle of addiction, Levi despairs of ever catching the Seven of Spades. The ruthless vigilante
Published September 10th 2018 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about One-Eyed Royals, please sign up.
Carol Levitt Pre-order from Amazon. Is releasing on Sept 10.

Start your review of One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
Shile
Lawd! I don't even know how to review this book. I will try though for future reference.

-The writing is so good. CK has a way with words.

- The story was a bit OTT but i didn't care, still entertaining.

- Levi and Dominic!

description

I wanted to smack them really hard. These two fools hurt each other to the point i wanted them both to just stop being on page together, take a really long break.

-The SoS have overstayed their welcome. I have stopped caring about them. They gots to go.

Overall it was enjoyable.
Simone
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars***
When you love someone, you know better than anyone else how to cause them the most pain...

After what happened in the last book - on a personal level and in regards to catching the Seven of Spades - Levi and Dominic are forced to gamble for high stakes, but everything points to the dice casting in favor of their opponent...

Their relationship in a shambles, both men find themselves on a self-destruction path of sorts, heading for a collision with a vi
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
SPOILERS FOR Kill Game, Trick Roller & Cash Plays!

This was a hard read in more ways than one. All of them up have been, by degrees, harrowing but with this one was particularly jarring in that I was immediately knocked off kilter by Levi's actions. I thought I had a good handle on these two characters.

I was wrong.

Levi... it's like he became someone else. Maybe I was wrong about him from the start or maybe the breakup brought forth a heretofore unknown and ugly side of him. I don't know but I
Nazanin
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2018
3.5-3.75 Stars

This one was my least favorite in the series so far! But still, it was an enjoyable read! I didn’t like the way Levi & Dominic’s relationship proceeded! And at the end, the way they amended their relationship was a bit so rushed! And I hated the night Levi and Sawyer… hated it so much! I liked that how the author developed two cases side by side in one plot! Told in dual POV, 3rd person. It’s the fourth installment in the "Seven of Spades" series and has to be read in order. It’s f
Diana
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, there is a lot going on in this one. SoS is still on the loose and their crimes are getting more intense with each kill. Levi and Dominick are breaking each other’s heart and they just can’t stay out of trouble.

I know I will be up waiting for A Chip and a Chair to hit my kindle, and I may even read the last chapter first, just to find out the identity of the SoS!! Meanwhile……

…...I'm waiting
Eugenia
Re-read 3/14/19: Upped rating from 4 to 4.5 Stars...!!!!

“So.” Levi turned to a sea of shocked faces, Martine’s determined expression, Dominic’s proud smile. “Has anyone else had just about enough of this motherfucker?”

........And that, my friends, sums up this entire book for me. It’s here that we really see how messed up all our major players are.

Dominic is in the throws of compulsive gambling which is spiraling out of control.

Levi holds a shorter and shorter leash on his anger and explosive ou
Renée
4.5 stars!

Relationship angst, anyone?

It's my catnip. And after what happened in Book 3, I couldn't wait for this book. It hurt so good.

Book 4 opens approximately 3 months after Book 3 ended. Dom and Levi have broken up. Dom is still in an active relapse for compulsive gambling and in complete denial about it. He's got in under control.

It doesn't stop Levi from loving him. From doing everything in his power to stop Dominic from gambling.

Dominic was his bashert, his soul mate. Without
Erth
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So picking up from book three I’m still not happy with Dominic. For much of this book we are subjected to his rationalization and destructive addictive behavior. Still not feeling any empathy. After a huge crisis moment he finally realizes he needs to get his act together. Dominic and Levi are broken up for nearly the entire book though even their breakup is dysfunctional.

Meanwhile Levi is also engaging in extremely destructive behavior while Seven of Spades apparently has a plan that he thinks
Martin
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Martin by: Adam
Shelves: favorites
Thank you, Adam for another wonderful buddy read!

Oooooh, wow!

I am not the series' biggest fan. The first book was amazing and then book 2 and 3 were undoubtedly high quality installments, but I'm not a huge lover of crime fiction and Levi and Dominic were not exactly a couple that satisfied my romance reader's heart.

Levi being a sober and serious detective who needs sex after each fight and is a 'size queen' in bed really had me shake my head more often than not.

Dominic is a great guy, but he's
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Note: One-Eyed Royals does not stand alone. This series must be read in order.
~~~~

​Delicious delicious relationship angst!! One-Eyed Royals has it in ... SPADES. ​heh​

As ​​One-Eyed Royals starts, Levi and Dominic are not in a good place. Not individually, and definitely not as a couple, since they're broken up. They can't quite stay apart, though, and the resulting angst is just so damn sweet!

Dominic is gambling again and refuses to see that he has a problem. He sees his compulsion as a
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*A little disappointed*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

We're back with forth book of homicide detective of four years, Levi Samuel Abrams (how old?) and then bounty hunter and now private investigator and still part-time bartender (at Stingray, a LGBT nightclub), Dominic ‘Dom’ Russo (32), both still hunted and searching for the Seven of Spades. Though not bad, it was rather... predictable and everything seemed so...expected. I had hoped for something more... powerful? I don't know how to describe it, but I had
Fabi
Ah well...what can I say? I just finished binge reading the spectacular Seven of Spades series. Unfortunately, the final book isn't out yet so I don't get to finish. However, it's safe to say that I have loved this story.

The writing, the plot, the characters and even the exceptional editing combined to make this one of my favorite series.

Book 4, One-Eyed Royals, is perhaps my least favorite of the books so far. Although that doesn't say anything negative about it since it still falls squarely in
Elena

4 stars in the GR rating system mean that I ‘really liked it’. This book is well-written and well-paced, the characters and their interactions realistic and complex, but ‘like’ isn’t the word I’d use to describe my experience. Most of the time, I didn’t even enjoy reading it. It was realistic, necessary, and at times deeply frustrating. The enjoyable parts were few and far between and mostly related (view spoiler)
~Volha~
Ms Kingsbridge delivered a thrilling tale full of suspense, adrenaline and painful love. By the time I was done I felt almost galvanized. I did not expect that! Relationship wise most of the book was utter misery for both Levi and Dominic, they battled their own demons while trying to rebuild what they lost, both not giving an inch. But suspense wise it was everything I expected and even more.

Yes, Seven of Spades is still at large, is still killing under the guise of vigilante justice but sudde
Ariana
*5 stars +++*

Just clicked on the "I'm finished' button and nothing would be more true.

Finished meaning my nerves are tatters, my blood pressure's hitting over 200 and my fingernails ... well, they are no more. As I'm gentle plying my white knuckled fingers off the chair, all I can say is ...

Cordelia Kingsbridge is one hell of a writer.
And it is hell she's putting Levi and Dominic through.

I can hardly even begin to list all the levels of angst she is throwing at us liberally here-
.) Dominic's ad
Susan
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
So… I kind of hated this book. The writing is still amazing, and I was totally addicted to this book, but… OMG the heartbreak.

-Some minor spoilers about the relationship below, none about the case-

This had so much angst and Dominic and Levi were put through the wringer so much, that I kept waiting for them to end it all and kill themselves. Yes, it was that bad. How many bad things can one human handle?

This series is a bit like this so far (romance wise):
Book 1: Levi and Dominic meet and slowly
Caz
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've given this an A at AAR.

Cordelia Kingsbridge’s Seven of Spades series comprises some of the best books I’ve read this year, and if you’re a fan of m/m romantic suspense/thrillers and haven’t read them yet, then you’ve got a real treat in store.  The titular Seven of Spades is a serial killer plaguing Las Vegas, and because the series has plotlines and character relationships that stretch across all five books in the series, there will be spoilers for the earlier books in this review.  An
DarienMoya

I loved the writing, I love my boys but honestly I like to pretend that book 4 didn’t happen. It took forever for me to even write a few words about this because it pissed me off so much.

Levi, I am disappointed in you sir.
Dom, I am extra disappointed in you sir.

One-Eyed Royals this buds for you 🖕🏽
Christelle
**Thank you, Jewel** for this SS exchange gift 😘 : I had such a blast

What a page turner !!! These 5 stars are well deserved, yeah !!!

Book3 left us in a pile of chaos and destruction. Oh my : I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen next…And Cordelia Kingsbridge delivered on so many fronts, because there was a lot, a lot to deal with :
* Dominic, totally out of control with his addiction…Get your head out of your *A (yes, with a capital A !!)...
* Levi, in such a dark place…Don’t let your ra
LenaRibka
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
2,5 stars.

It looks like I'm in the very minority with my opinion about the forth sequel, but this book was a struggle for me.

It is obvious now that the concept of the series - to chase after a mysterious serial killer through all sequels - simply doesn't work for me, especially without getting even a bit closer to the Seven of Spades during the investigation in all already released sequels (What investigation?!) In meantime the Seven of Spades have developed themselves from a trivial vindictive
Ele
*4.5 stars*

This review (and this book's blurb) contain massive spoilers about the third book in the Seven of Spades series. Don’t read any further unless you ‘ve read Cash Plays.

Without trying to sound like a creep, I freaking love the ground Cordelia Kingsbridge walks on. I adore her writing style, her characters, the way she weaves the plot, the romance, the mystery, EVERYTHING. Absolutely brilliant! Dominic and Levi are one of my favorite MM couples ever. Everyone is obsessed with Levi Abrams
Debra

This was so painful to read on so many levels. Everyone suffers in this one.

Dominic's spiral is the most obvious. In the thralls of his addiction, he is unable to make sound decisions about any part of his personal or professional lives. Levi's anger and rage are getting harder to control and he realizes how close he is to losing it. Add to that the massive hurt and heartbreak he feels over Dominic's actions - Levi becomes angry and mean and then his regret beats him down even more. Th
 ⚣ Marco ⚣
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
1st read: September 23rd, 2018
1st reread: March 10th, 2019

*********************************

Ok, I’m all caught up now and ready for the big finale in book #5.

Tamara
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Eye for An Eye Stars✨🍃

This book broke my heart.

And, it has all the feels. I have a love hate thingy going on with it. This felt like love and war.
And, that’s not my thing. An eye for an eye...not really my thing. But, overall this book was fast pace and exciting. I liked it ALOT.
Nazanin ex-Profile
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lot of 4 star reviews have already expressed how I've felt about this book.

I'll just add that I can't wait for the SOS to get knocked down, I'm as annoyed as Levi is at the end of this book. I still have the same person as my number one suspect as I had in book #1, and whenever they make an appearance in this book I just want to punch them in the teeth. Ugh.

My hopes for the last book :
-SOS getting arrested and not killed. I want them to rot in prison.
-Dom and Levi getting their HEA with an
Joana
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fucking fantastic, I don't even know why I'm still surprised that for books in and I still haven't been let down, quite the opposite.

It's not even the plot - which mind you is fucking fantastic; trilling, gripping and hot - but what amazes me the most is the author's ability to write such real characters. I'm mind blown by what Cordelia has been doing with (and to) Levi and Dominic, but mostly Levi. He's a hot mess in this book and I'm was so high strung all the time because I could
Ami
Even though Levi and Dominic has broken up, both men seem to keep falling into each other’s gravity. In One-Eyed Royals , the fourth book in Cordelia Kingsbridge’s HIGHLY ADDICTIVE “Seven of Spades” series, Dominic’s private investigation case and Levi’s murder case are connected, and they have to work together once again.

Well, this book enthralled and frustrated me at the same time.

Let me talk about what frustrated me first: Dominic’s unwillingness to admit that he doesn’t have his gambling
CrabbyPatty
If you haven't read "Cash Plays" yet ... Stop, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200. Here be spoilers.

This latest addition to the "Seven of Spades" series deftly keeps a lot of balls in the air. There's relationship angst and agonizing heartache as Levi and Dominic are three months post break-up, plus a series of gruesome murders the Seven of Spades is not involved in, AND a series of equally gruesome murders committed by the Seven of Spades. "One-Eyed Royals" has it all in .... well, spades.

Thi
Elsbeth
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series has been awesome so far. Glad Levi and Dominic got back to their senses again and are convinced they need each other on good days but especially on bad days. And gosh do these boys have bad days.

I have also a soft spot for Stanton. The way he went out of his way to make sure Levi is happy, even if it's not with him. Wow. Just Wow.

"Be good to him, Mr. Russo."

The serial killer though.... He/She/They is absolutely mind fucking crazy. I have a suspicion who it is but most cer

• The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Why the Devil Stalks Death (Death and the Devil, #2)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Bargaining with the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1.4)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • When the Devil Drives (Death and the Devil, #1.6)
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
  • Devil in the Details (Death and the Devil, #1.8)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil: Coda (Death and the Devil #1.2)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • Guilt by Association (Hazard and Somerset, #4)
  • When Death Frees the Devil (Death and the Devil, #3)
  • Reasonable Doubt (Hazard and Somerset #5)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
Cordelia Kingsbridge has a master's degree in social work from the University of Pittsburgh, but quickly discovered that direct practice in the field was not for her. Having written novels as a hobby throughout graduate school, she decided to turn her focus to writing as a full-time career. Now she explores her fascination with human behavior, motivation, and psychopathology through fiction. Her w ...more

Seven of Spades (5 books)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Trick Roller (Seven of Spades, #2)
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)