Start by marking “Queen Moxie (Princess Moxie Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Queen Moxie (Princess Moxie Book 3)

Queen Moxie (Princess Moxie Book 3)

In this humorous tale, it is now ten years since Moxie became Queen of Usca in south-west Britain. A tribe of Picts shatter her peaceful reign by migrating from the north and occupying territory just outside her border.
Moxie decides to build a fort to help control the wild Picts. To her surprise, she discovers that the fort has been built on land claimed by the forest fai
Published February 1st 2018 by Strange Worlds Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Queen Moxie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Moxie

Aly
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moxie is queen and a mom. This is a good book! Aethelwine, Queen moxie's daughter doesn't want to be queen next. What an exciting book and there are some funny things as well for me in it. Football in Camelot time, I don't remember reading about in history books but I love it in this book. The book just kept me wanting to read more. I loved the ending of this book too. All hail Queen Moxie and this great book! *This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review ...more
Michelle Stanley
Queen Moxie of Usca, Britain has problems in her realm. King Brude and his tribe of Picts are occupying lands near her border. The Picts are a rowdy tribe and aren’t popular with other kingdoms. Moxie decides to build a fort to restrict them, but the fairy king, Oberon, retaliates because the fort is on his land. Aethelwine, the queen’s nine-year-old daughter, has no desire to inherit the throne, yet has ambitions that include marrying Sir Tristan, King Artie’s knight and bard.

These problems are
Victorique Crawford
I really did not get the story. Or even had sympathy for any of the characters. The beginning wandered a little too far from the main character who is the title of the novel itself.

I didn’t really enjoy the story as I felt that they story was emotionless and the plot completely fell in the execution. Since the author didn’t really make me care about the characters enough to make me invested in the plot itself.

Other than that, I was rather interested. Even though there was little of the intrigu
Pat Garcia
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have read the stories of Camelot; if you know whom King Arthur is and have heard of the knights and sitting at the round table; if you have ever read the Sunday Funnies and went to read Prince Valiant first before you read any other funny; if the folklore stories about the Normans, Saxons, and Vikings excite you; then, you are going to love Queen Moxie by Hank Quense.

Quense says at the bottom of his book that it is a Strange Worlds Story. However, I say it is a story that depicts the beg
Pat Garcia
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Nancy-Jo Taiani
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moxie is now the queen of Usca, but a problem arises in the form of colonizing Picts moving into her territory. Inexperienced in foreign relations, Moxie seeks help from her friends from Camelot but the help she asks will only complicate matters and possibly ruin her kingdom.

Moxie is equally inexperienced in dealing with a daughter who wants to be as independent a feminist princess as she was. Daughter Aethelwine wants to play football! Football is the major sport in Moxie's kingdom, as well as
Mason
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a story that is hard to share because you’re afraid of giving too many spoilers? That’s how I feel about QUEEN MOXIE, a delightful new tale by Hank Quense.

This tantalizing story deals with King Arthur, knights, fairies, magic, fascinating lands, and a queen trying to defend her throne and be a mother at the same time. The football game (oops) adds a touch of reality and another layer of amusement to this amazing story.

This fun story is filled with adventure, humor, and eclecti
Tanya
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Queen Moxie, by Hank Quense, is a fantasy book about Moxie, the queen of Usca.

Moxie is inexperienced in foreign relations and in raising a child. Some could say the skill sets are quite similar. What is even more interesting is that the foreign relations revolve around sports- golf vs. football. Fae are introduced and there is a romantic subplot. Characters we are all familiar with from Camelot appear in the story, bringing some familiarity and this almost feels like a fanfic story or a Kindle
Christine-Marie Dixon
“Queen Moxie” is the third book in a series, but readers who have not followed her previous adventures will have no problem following the plot. The story takes place in the era of the legendary King Arthur, in a kingdom not too far from Camelot, but the story is a bit more modern than you’d expect. The story is packed with humor not too dissimilar from “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” and is cleverly written.

“Queen Moxie” features strong (and hilarious) characters. Far from being a damsel in d
Karen
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Queen Moxie is a lovely blend of modern meets King Arthur’s court. While, the story is a bit slow at the beginning, the pace picks up to deliver an interesting tale of being a ruler and raising a headstrong child. The author sprinkles bits of humor throughout the narrative which makes for a fun read. I do think there are places where the plot could have been tighter, but really enjoyed the creative aspect of the story.
M
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free from the author in return of an honest review. My review therefore will be nothing but honest.
It was a good book. Easy to read. The story seemed not totally predictable. Thr characters of Moxie and her daughter are the only ones we see developing. The rest are just characters present for the sake of it.
I wont mind reading the other books.
Janice Clark
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Moxie has become a queen, but that means bigger and better problems: an incursion of Picts who may or may not remain peaceful farmers, a group of fairies who insist on asserting their rights, and a recalcitrant pre-teen daughter. As always with Quense's books, the story is carefully plotted and liberally sprinkled with humor. Can Merlin save the day? Will there be a girls' football (soccer) team? Will golf become a major sport? Perhaps a sequel is called for?
Destiny Brown
Mar 01, 2018
Tammy Banks
marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2018
Hank Quense writes satirical fantasy and sci-fi.
Early in his writing career, he was strongly influenced by two authors: Douglas Adams and his Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Joseph Heller’s Catch-22. Happily, Hank has never quite recovered from those experiences.

He lives with his wife in northern New Jersey, a mere 20 miles from Manhattan, thecenter of the galaxy (according to those who live i