Start by marking “How to Make Sh*t Happen: Make more money, get in better shape, create epic relationships and control your life!” as Want to Read:

Is your daily life chaotic and out of control?
Do you struggle with work/life balance?
Does it feel like there are never enough hours in the day to accomplish all your goals?
Does it feel like no matter how hard you try it's never good enough?
Are you looking for a simple yet executable roadmap to create the life you've always desired?
If you answered "yes" to any of these
Published February 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about How to Make Sh*t Happen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Make Sh*t Happen

Joe
May 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Possibly ghost written by Donald Trump, Jr and a bowl of cocaine, 25% of the book-shaped pamphlet deals with informing the reader that they are a fat, lazy slob that doesn’t have a strong enough desire to be awesome.

Originally subtitled “The Art of the Humble Brag,” 50% of the text involves the author going to great efforts to portray his obvious and innate awesomeness. Be on the lookout for LOTS OF UNNECESSARY CAPITALIZATION because this book was likely adapted from A 2 AM TWITTER RANT.

The rema
Paula Borowska
May 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Disaster of a book.
Kody
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Simple book about having goals.

Simple book about having goals. Nothing new or unheard of but has a unique spin on it. Sean covers 4 areas that he focuses on daily and through those areas has found a solution for him that works. Real estate man that lost it all in 2008, to renewed life coach making millions.

Quick book to get through, read in less then 15 minutes. Good reminders on how people over complicate things and just need to start something rather then get a million dollar unique idea to
Rick
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Appreciated that the book (CORE4!) was short and to the point, literally took (CORE4!) around an hour and a half to read. Good message, nothing you wouldn't expect (CORE4 motherfucker!!!!) in this kind of "self-help" book but the message is (CORE4!!!!!) a one that I enjoyed. Basically boils to 4 mains points called CORE4, that every day you should focus on your body, mind, relationship and being productive. THat's your book and it will yell at you to do these things. CORE4!
Thiago Ricieri
Mar 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
this is the worst book I have read this year. Full of obviousness, not engaging at all.
Beyond Book'd
May 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Could've been better. I did not take away anything new. This book is geared towards men and the writer sounds very full of himself.
Stephanie (Bookish Plans)
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
{Rated R: Lots of language} Short and to the point! Get off your ass and do something with yourself. Stop being a victim and stand up for yourself. Make an impact on the world and to those around you. Focus on being more well-rounded in all aspects of life. The take away from Sean’s book is exactly all of that. He implements a system that works for him and hundreds of others on getting your life back together and improving your quality of life and living. Awesome motivational book!
Constance Phillips
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great. Honest straight forward.

Bought this book when a friend reccomend it. So glad I did. Honest, no nonsense advice on how to improve everything in your life. Must read.
Carley
Nov 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Nope. Just nope.
Brian Stevenson
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it

I read this on a very low day, depressed and hopeless. Now I'm determined to get to work. Going to read this again and often. Very motivating, down to earth, and brutally honest. I've found something very valuable by reading this. Got it for my Kindle, totally worth the price. Thank you!
Jean-marie Prevost
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
There is almost no content to this entire book. It's 100 pages long, which is already short, but the huge font and excessive use of white-space probably makes it more around 40. Add to this that nearly half of the book is wasted on trying to sell you the concept (or some other product the author is selling) and you're left with about 10 pages-worth of very basic content. It's not that it's bad stuff, it's just really basic stuff.

A lot of it reads like bragging to me, and if I had to summarize it
Mike Reeves
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amen!!

Love this guy! Do the work, do it now. Small book but big meanings I will read it again and again!!! Thanks Sean.
David Skinner
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I gave this like a five star review because it’s exactly the kind of books that makes great points in a very short period of time. Often, I will read a book that goes on your Twitter pages when the plate should’ve been delivered and 50, and that’s exactly what this does. I read it in an hour and a half, and there were multiple practical steps that I will take in planning for 2019 that I either need to be reminded of or did not as of yet consider for myself.

Three such simple things are the follow
Nicole
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
If you're looking for a motivational read for life, I don't think this is the book that will 100% change your life. The book is basically any blog article covering self improvement you could find online with the addition of profanity and what felt like was unnecessary yelling.

Basic tips and guidance but nothing that can fully solidify that sh*t will happen for everyone, but the argument to that is that you're not doing the Core4 correctly.

Though short read, in summary, this is what the main st
Susana Lobo
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great Advice for People Who Like to Shit on Others

I bought this thinking it would go over the actual advice and some perspective wit some practical application, but-

Nothing. This book is nothing but an autobiography, told from ONE perspective and I personally believe that those who love to take a piss at servers and food workers give off the same negative vibes that this same book tells you to avoid at all cost.

I understand the mentality the book. It does demand that you hold yourself accountabl
Skye Marsh
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Straightforward and simple

These are simple, easy tips to help get your life under some “control”. Each day, focus on four quadrants of life and do something positive to affect each one (relationships, business, body, mind). I immediately began thinking in the four quadrant manner the day after reading this! It is very short - you can finish and put it to practical use in an hour.

His overuse of caps drove me a little crazy. It was kind of like having a motivational coach as a drill sergeant at t
Jessica
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I was looking for some guidance in my life due to a serious work-life imbalance and I saw this book for a cheap price. I’m guessing it’s cheap because it’s short. Regardless it packs a powerful message that most self-help books don’t - own your problems and do the work to overcome them. It’s not sugarcoated and it’s not rainbows and unicorns. It’s in your face and to the point. Life is broken into 4 key aspects (CORE 4) and Whalen gives you steps to reach your goals for each area. But above a ...more
Aria
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Well the title was kind of confusing. The book is about what things one needs to do in order to be more successful. I would say it is not based on scientific studies or things of that nature. It’s just someone’s experience and he is trying to tell us his experience. To me a lot of the content makes sense. If you think you are failing but you can’t find what you are doing wrong, you can take a look at this book and check if any of the thing which author mentioned applies to you.
Veronica Carrion
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and to the point. I enjoyed the simplicity and straightforwardness of this book. If you're looking for fluffy motivation this is not the book for you. Whalen tells it how it is; if you're not where you want to be in life it is ultimately your fault, now go and change it. He offers his advice on how he changed his life, and how he simplified the chaos of trying to balance everything by implementing CORE4.
Papa Harry
Jan 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While a few tacit points are made about organization and commitment, most of the book hinges on poorly written reiteration of what's already out there in the self-help world. Painfully obtuse at times, and a sounding horn for capitalism at the expense of others' misfortune - l see very little about the book worth recommending.
Willie Owens
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Get busy NOW

This book is very motivating especially to men however women can benefit as well. He's correct when he says that it's our choice to be successful or not. Just have to quit being lazy and making excuses. It's all about positive affirmations and commitment to yourself. I didn't care for the foul language, but that's how men talk to each other in order to make a point.
Youssef Smadi
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Core 4

Core 4 is a good way to improve yourself in many ways such as body, brain and relationships. But somehow is not easy to apply it. For instance, you cannot quit your actuel job and stay home just because your don’t feel good all the time or hire a coach or go to gym every day. Not all the ideas are applicable maybe for the author he had the opportunity, the time,.... it is very generalist from my point of view.
Tess Molina
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet and cuts like a knife

Such a easy smooth read that is the definition of straight talk. It’s all the right stuff without all the fluff and reading this has really shifted my thinking. Warning, some of the things in this book might not be good for overly sensitive people. It’s a rude awakening, not a melodic wake up call!
Isabella Roland
Jan 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Literally not even a real book. With the large font and spacing this could have easily been condensed in 2-3 online articles. Not even an hour worth of good content. Clearly written for egotistical male audience. I’m so confused by the good rank and ratings on Amazon. This is not worth reading even if you got it for free.
Amy
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a self published book so don’t expect much by way of presentation or proper grammar. I loved this book because it’s so honest and gives you a real good kick in the pants. Most self help books are very encouraging, but this guys is blunt and kicks ass. As you read this book you can almost hear the author pumping you up. It’s a very quick read and worth it.
Malika Carey
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow! Wow! A definite must read!

I read this book in a couple of hours. I love the fact it was raw in your face facts about those things holding me back from achieving my goals! Effort produces results. Time to get off my a$$ so I can make some real $$.
Thank you for your no holds bar approach. Great book!
Charles Bender
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read the whole book in less than 2 hours. It is clear, concise and if you follow the Core 4 you will see a difference. If you are looking for magic you won't find it here. If you are honest you won't find it anywhere. You just need to be willing to create the habits and do the work daily. This book a pretty simple and effective roadmap.
Kevin Jorgenson
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sean knocked it out of the park with this one.

This is exactly the sort of advice I've given to so many people over the years but the Core 4 really creates the path for so many to actually "Make Shit Happen" . Sean did an amazing job with detailing it out in this book and created a road map for so many people lost in their own heads.
Dillon
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great motivational piece with immediately practical advice. If you need a kick in the ass and a path to start following, this book is what you need. This advice is usable by anyone with any background seeking any amount or type of success. Strangely well rounded advice that can help anyone achieve any goal. CORE4!
Amanda Markham
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Speaks to me

No nonsense. In this world of prizes for just turning up and self-entitlement, Sean calls a spade a spade and tells you how to master your universe.

Bonus points for F-bombs and swearing. Not for wusses.
  • The Key: And the Name of the Key Is Willingness
  • Start Here: Master the Lifelong Habit of Wellbeing
  • How to Deal with Adversity
  • Unwind!: 7 Principles for a Stress-Free Life
  • The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and On with Your Training
  • Wake Up Happy: The Dream Big, Win Big Guide to Transforming Your Life
  • I Love Dirt!: 52 Activities to Help You and Your Kids Discover the Wonders of Nature
  • How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t: 14 Habits that Are Holding You Back from Happiness
  • The Walking Dead, Issue #174
  • Luck: What It Means and Why It Matters
  • Sovereignty: The Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Men
  • Unf*ckology: A Field Guide to Living with Guts and Confidence
  • The 3 Secrets to Effective Time Investment: Achieve More Success with Less Stress: Foreword by Cal Newport, Author of So Good They Can't Ignore You
  • On Power: My Journey Through the Corridors of Power and How You Can Get More Power
  • Master The Day: Eat, Move and Live Better With The Power of Daily Habits
  • The Wizard of Ads
  • Dare to Serve: How to Drive Superior Results by Serving Others
  • One Question: Answers from America's Leading Voices for Every Stage of Life
“creating a plan, writing that shit down, being a good person, asking lots of questions, learning from my mistakes, surrounding myself with great people, exiting relationships that no longer aligned with me, taking care of my body and my relationships, and working my fucking ass off.” 2 likes