Start by marking “The Warner Loughlin Technique: An Acting Revolution” as Want to Read:
The Warner Loughlin Technique: An Acting Revolution

The Warner Loughlin Technique: An Acting Revolution

For the first time in print, comes the revolutionary acting technique from the premiere acting coach of our era. Not a copy of the old masters, The Warner Loughlin Technique empowers the actor to create rich, nuanced and unique characters. Discover the technique used to help create some of the most remarkable performances of our time from actors such as Amy Adams, Ryan Rey ...more
Paperback
Published February 2nd 2018 by Howland Tilley Press

To ask other readers questions about The Warner Loughlin Technique, please sign up.
chrissy Yes, I did receive my copy. I received it on Thu, Apr 26, 2018. It was shipped from Nashville, TN and I live in Illinois, so there wasn't that far of…moreYes, I did receive my copy. I received it on Thu, Apr 26, 2018. It was shipped from Nashville, TN and I live in Illinois, so there wasn't that far of a distance it had to travel. When you get it ultimately depends on the distance between where you live and where it is being shipped from.(less)

Start your review of The Warner Loughlin Technique: An Acting Revolution
chrissy
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RTC
Ellie
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you first of all to NetGalley and Howard Tilley for letting me peruse this wonderful new addition to my acting technique books. I am always in the market for good, really good, books on acting techniques. This is perfect for my theatre students. They will revel in the direction this book takes them in. It's short in length but to the point! I love the first important sentence, and I am quoting..".. Where is it written to be a gifted actor, you must be filled with rage or pain or strife." I ...more
Kendall Hinote
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I had my life to do over again I would fully devote myself to being an actor because after reading this book I finally believe that I could do it, do it well and stay well while I was doing it. She walks you through every aspect of building a character - from the underlying foundation that the whole process rests on to the very top floor with the amazing view. I felt like she was holding my hand and whispering the perfect words of encouragement every step of the way. This is a book for every ...more
Marissa DeCuir
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her book is straight forward, very accessible and, most likely to the relief of many actors, debunks the notion that good technique requires mining one’s own most painful and profound personal experiences through the antiquated theater training made popular by Konstantin Stanislavski. Ms. Loughlin generously provides a step-by-step method of how an actor can create the character’s feelings on camera through thoughtful research of exactly what the script says (not inferences) and bringing an obje ...more
Sara
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warner Loughlin's acting technique is immensely popular for not only helping actors successfully convey deep and meaningful emotions on screen, but for keeping their hearts and minds safe while doing so. Unlike the Method acting technique, which has so infamously hurt many actors, The WLT supports a healthy lifestyle as well as complex performances! This book outlines (from Warner herself) this incredible technique, along with information from some of the A-list stars that practice it (Ryan Reyn ...more
Julie
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're an aspiring actor, this is a terrific guide to getting where you need to be for portraying your character without losing you mind in the process! Heck, if it works for Amy Adams, Ryan Adams, Kyra Sedgwick and lots of other Oscar-worthy movie stars, then how could you resist?! I couldn't! The writing is accessible and oozes with personality. Clearly working with this author's team would be a warm and wonderful experience! It's also a good book to read to just become a more balanced pers ...more
JKS Communications
Loughlin debunks the myth of the tortured actor and guides you step by step through her groundbreaking technique. Discover powerful ways to unlock your creativity in a psychologically safe way. Her insight into life and art is remarkable. The Warner Loughlin Technique changes the way acting will be taught for generations to come.
Sydney
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful new way of acting without causing emotional trauma. Definitely a great read for anyone in acting - or even anyone who does a lot of public speaking and would love to know how to channel another character for those events.
Angelle Barbazon
For years, Warner Loughlin has helped some of the most talented actors in Hollywood hone their skills on stage and screen, and now she has released a new book that gives insight into her innovative techniques. This is a must-read book for anyone wanting to pursue a serious career is acting!
Ellen Whitfield
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-read for anyone who is even remotely interested in acting! Warner's sharp insights and creative approach to the craft are totally unique, and she has the names to back up her claims.
Jessica Crouse
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book through Goodreads Giveaways. I'm not currently pursuing a career in acting, but grew up acting and majored in theatre in college, so I was excited to read this book. I enjoyed how Loughlin walks the reader through her technique step by step, and breaks down the content to be achievable. I especially liked the overview of child and human developmental stages. Overall I think this book is a good tool for any actor looking to build skills in creating strong character ...more
Nicole Baldino
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so glad I found Warner’s book through the ‘That One Audition’ podcast! This is the first acting technique that actually makes sense to me! Warner gives you all the tools you need to safely create a fully formed character, giving them a rich emotional depth all on their own without having to draw from your own experiences. This is a must read for anyone who is considering acting or looking to take their technique in a different direction.
Lissa
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has some seriously great insights! It isn't JUST acting techniques, but offers you a complete balance for a healthy overall lifestyle. There is some fantastic information in this book from some of the top stars in the biz, but written in an easy to follow, professional way! I would recommend this to anyone pursing an acting career.
I won this book in the goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review.
Liz
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to get this book as a gift for a young inexperience actress that is in the early stages of learning the craft. All I can say is that she was completely engrossed and never looked up until she was finished. It certainly had her attention from the first page.
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for this honest review.
Lady M
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
(Received copy through Goodreads Giveaway)
If you're looking to improve your acting this book provides a simple step by step explanation of a technique to portray characters safely. It furthermore gives insight on how to enjoy and fully immerse yourself in your acting and create characters that seem real to the audience.
Maxwell Lopez
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warner's stacked list of students should be enough to make any actor of any experience level pick up this book, but her approach to the art will force a perspective shift that will take your acting to the next level.

An absolute must read before taking on a character.
Hannah
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Warner Loughlin Technique is a must-read for any actor or filmmaker! Warner makes the most difficult aspects of acting accessible and applicable to any character. This book gives you the tools to create characters and delve into their emotions in a healthy and safe way.
Zach Parker
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary. This book presents a new approach to working on a character. One that doesn’t take a massive emotional toll on your personal life but requires you to do some good nitty gritty work. I can’t wait to apply what I’ve learned in this book.
Renae
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this insider's look at the craft of acting. It is a good exercise in the exercise of stepping outside of yourself to become more fully yourself. I would recommend for any and all.
Aurelie
Loraine Hunziker
Mar 22, 2018

• Freefall Summer
  • Love and Laughter: Sexy (Meaningful) Fun for Everyone
  • Map of Shadows (Mapwalker, #1)
  • Melokai (In the Heart of the Mountains #1)
  • Akarnae (The Medoran Chronicles, #1)
  • FRNCK - Tome 1 - Le début du commencement: Édition spéciale numérique
  • Egyptian Enigma (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth, #3)
  • The Mansions of Murder (The Sorrowful Mysteries of Brother Athelstan #18)
  • Inferno (Les Campbell, #1)
  • ReWired
  • Mannethorn's Key (Book One of the Key of Life Trilogy)
  • Future Fiction: New Dimensions in International Science Fiction
  • A Perfect Universe: Ten Stories
  • Tooth and Talon
  • The 3 R's of an Inspired Life: Reflect, Renew, Refresh
  • Sugar Money
  • Blackbeard: The Birth of America
  • The Daffodil Affair  (Sir John Appleby, #8)