Start by marking “Tempting Fate” as Want to Read:
Tempting Fate

Tempting Fate

Sometimes in life, something happens that will not only affect you, it will create a ripple effect, encompassing your family and friends. Hope will help you to overcome and survive, but your life and outlook are forever changed.

This collection of stories is about overcoming obstacles, surviving when it seems hard or impossible, and dealing with life changing events.

**All
Published June 1st 2018 by Self (first published May 27th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Fate, please sign up.
Maria Vickers Unfortunately, other than at signings there are not...unless you would like to order from one of the authors, but you will only have that one signatur…moreUnfortunately, other than at signings there are not...unless you would like to order from one of the authors, but you will only have that one signature until you collect the others. If you will be at a book signing with the authors, they can sign it there or if you know the authors and make arrangements. SaSS (Sexy and Sassy Signing) will have 5 authors and the photographer. Signing with the Spirits will have 4 authors in attendance.
(less)

Start your review of Tempting Fate
Michelle Austin
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

Tempting Fate was a great 5 star read.
We get great reads from several authors.There are so many inspiring stories that will pull you right in. Make sure you have a kleenex handy. You will ugly cry, sob, fall in love, have your heart broken into pieces and so much more.

I have given a little peak at some of the great stories.

Scars of the Soul - Darlene Tallman
This was a great story about Rhett and Amy. They both have things they are trying to move forward
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 3 / 5
How explicit 4.5 / 5
Story 5 / 5
Overall: 5 / 5
I chose to review the Tempting Fate Anthology not so much because I was interested in the writers, but rather the cause it supports. I got lucky and the book was great too! Cancer research is close to our hearts here at Behind Closed Doors Book Review. Rachel, the mastermind behind our little blog, was diagnosed with cancer in February. She is fighting it loud and proud and expects a positive outcome. That positive outcome is becaus
Socially Book Nerd
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
amazing, just amazing over coming hardships are tough. these year jerking stories of triumphs are spectacular. and all proceeds go to Cancer research! must one click
Mary Dean
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talk about an empowering & emotional read! This anthology is not your typical anthology. These aren't just random stories put together. These are stories that empower the reader and deal with real life issues some are unfortunate to deal with. This book covers many tough topics like cancer, depression, death, cruelty, loneliness, hopelessness, mental illness... But it also deals with healing, love, finding your voice, friendship, hope... Even has some steamy romance scenes.
I highly recommend th
Ellie
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I laughed, I cried, it hit home!

I received an ARC copy of Tempting Fate Anthology. The cause was near and dear to my heart so I volunteered.
Not every story revolves around cancer, but many do as so many of us have been touched by the disease either personally or someone in our family.
The sheer volume of this book will give you reading material for a long time - 17 stories!

This was not always easy to read. A couple of the stories had me in tears instantly as my diagnosis was fairly recent, I had
Cecily Wolfe
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While these stories are unique in and of themselves, they have one thing in common: hope. Along with love, I think we all know that hope can transcend all things, even death, and while life doesn't always give us what we need, as long as we support and love each other, we can make it through anything. Be sure to have a box of tissues handy, because you will need it. The romantic aspects are beautiful but I think the overpowering idea here is overcoming - so even non-romance readers will get some ...more
Maria Vickers
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
17 different stories from 17 different authors. Trust me when I say that there is something for everyone. I will also say that you will need a box of tissues for some of the stories, but they all tug at your heart. Not all of the stories are about cancer, but they are all about overcoming, lives changing, and finding hope.

How many of us have been touched by something like cancer that changed our lives forever? Each author gives something unique to this anthology and I have a hard time picking o
Kim Richards
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Reaf

As a whole i enjoyed this anthology, 15 books by 15 different authors, I have to be honest there are a few authors that have written a story in here that I have not read before, but I will be looking into a few of them.
Some stories I preferred to others. All have some surprises in them which help to make the story.
I am pleased I got this anthology and do recommend it, it is for a good cause.
Spunky N Sassy
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

These novellas were suspenseful and romantic. All of these stories reminded me that everything happens for a reason.
Katrina
Jul 12, 2018
Crystal Clair
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
MK Dwyer
Aug 31, 2018
Beth ReadsALot
Aug 01, 2018
Eunice J
Jul 02, 2018
Samatha Harris
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amy McKinley
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelby Reeves
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jade Royal
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ashleygibson
rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2018
Neepa Shah-Chittur
Nov 12, 2018
Bella Emy
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-work
Lori Byrd
Marielaurent
Karen Wilson
Feb 16, 2018
Maria Vickers currently lives in St. Louis, MO with her pug, Spencer Tracy. She has always had a passion for writing and after she became disabled, she decided to use writing as her escape.

Life is about what you make of it. You have to live it to the fullest no matter the circumstances.

From the author:
I have always loved books. Not only creating the stories, but reading them as well. Books transp