Start by marking “Seth and Casey” as Want to Read:
Seth and Casey

Seth and Casey

Seth Wild is a fire fighter who has lost everything. Nearly dying in a fire, he is scared and angry and chases away the only good thing in his life—school teacher Casey McGuire.

When a sudden and violent snow storm hits their town he receives a message Casey and ten kids are trapped in an education centre center with no way out. There is no one else who can help, he’s the l
ebook, Second
Published February 7th 2018 by Love Lane Books Limited (first published February 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Seth and Casey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seth and Casey

Bárbara
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by the author*

Slightly angsty, very emotional, and with the right amount of light moments.
Both Seth and Casey were great characters, and their situation was realistic and well handled, and very easy to relate to.
Susan65
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Blogger Girls

I am a huge fan of established, loving couples going through turmoil, losing their step, and then reconnecting stronger than ever. We really need more stories like this in MM genre. Seth and Casey are two such souls. Friends since childhood and married for five years before tragedy strikes. Seth, a firefighter, almost loses his life, loses his job, and is in the the process of losing his sanity, along with his husband, Casey, after a tragic on the job accident. You feel for bot
Karen
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars rounded up to 3 because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and I needed more.

Did you ever feel like you've walked into the middle of a conversation...

Well that's how I felt with this book. I liked the part of the story that I got but I would have really loved this if I'd gotten Seth and Casey's story before and a bit more story for after.

The story starts with Seth and Casey's relationship basically hanging by a thread. Seth and Casey have been together...forever or that's the plan at leas
Cadiva
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a gorgeous new cover (not the one showing up here atm) for this re-release from RJ Scott which wonderfully depicts Seth, the firefighter at the heart of this story.

And while it's titled Seth & Casey, really it's about the former's struggle to find his way back after a devastating injury almost cost him his life and is in the process of risking his marriage too.

I really like second chance romances, although in this there's no separation as such, and RJ handles the story well, especial
Aeren
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Se lee fácil y todo eso y los personajes no están mal pero se deja muchas cosas que plantea en el tintero y resuelve una situación bastante complicada en tres páginas, hubiese estado mucho mejor con más desarrollo
Nic
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, series
I really enjoyed this story. It appealed in a number of ways. Firstly, it was the perfect read-in-a-single-sitting book. The story was engaging and made more appealing by focusing on an existing couple. I usually find myself reading about men falling in love. Less books seem to focus on men who have been together for a while or men who have broken up. It was refreshing to read a story where the characters aren't perfect. Life has thrown up obstacles. Emotions have run high. Relationships have su ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

This story features an established couple who have been married for five years—Seth, a firefighter, and Casey, a teacher in a small Vermont town.

Seth was injured six months ago when a building collapsed on him as he was trying to rescue a young mother. Trapped there for hours, he watched all the victims in the room with him die, one by one, until he lost consciousness. Now, he’s struggl
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
I’m torn on this one. Novellas are hard to make work, especially for what should be a pretty heavy story. I do like the premise of Casey and the kids needing to be rescued and Seth being the one to lead the charge. I just think there was so much of the story we needed but didn’t have.

As I was reading the opening scene, I thought I missed a previous book. We enter the scene in the middle of a major, almost marriage ending situation. We get some explanation of their issues but with Seth being a co
Ruthie Taylor
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s of Snownado drama and thawing!

This is a very moving story, which gets us quickly up to speed with why these two husbands find themselves in such deep despair. It is a very sad state of affairs, and we soon understand both their viewpoints, and the distance between them.

Of course, Ms Scott skillfully weaves a tale which forces the men to work together and finally open up about just how the accident affected them bo
Claudia
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5*
i'm not much fond of established couples, angs I felt like I missed parts of the story - the accident, afterwards... but I really liked their struggles and the angst....
Joyfully Jay
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

I’m an absolute sucker for a reunited lovers story, and this one is a prime example of why. I love the way Scott told the story, giving us the details piecemeal in the beginning until finally the whole picture unfolded. In the beginning, I was unsure of how these two men could even reconcile, given the information that we had. But Scott is a master storyteller, and the tale that was woven gave us a clear and beautiful picture of two men in love.

Seth is proud and s
Ann
I really liked the story of Seth and Casey. It was a really well done established couple story. Parts were hard to read in that my heart broke for them and what they had gone through after Seth's injury. The author didn't make it too easy for them to fix their broken pieces and they had to have some tough conversations to get back to one another. So, as hard as it was to read those bits it made me believe in an HEA for them.
Tess
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disability
3.5 stars. This was a nice novella-length second chance story. There wasn't a huge amount on the romance side. It just seemed that all the guys needed was to take an hour to talk honestly about their (mostly Seth's) issues and then their problems would be resolved. The blizzard and stranded kids were the backdrop that forced them into a room together.
Tina
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 *****

An adorable novella by R.J.!
Carra
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m just going to say right up front…I was aggravated by Seth almost the entire way through this story. Yes, I did understand what he went through and was still trying to make his way through as he was trying to work his way back to getting back to his job, but the attitude he exhibited and his immense stubbornness was driving me nuts.

Seth’s whole perspective is skewed by the overwhelming societal view of masculinity and the flawed idea that a man is not whole—not a real man—if he can’t do certa
ButtonsMom2003
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
Another great story from RJ Scott.

Seth & Casey just about gutted me. I think because it's about an established couple and something goes wrong. Seems like most love stories are about finding love, not how to hold onto it.

It's a pretty quick read, only 26,000 but RJ Scott is one of the best at telling a complete story in a few words. If you look into the book's past you'll find it was with a different publisher originally, and that Goodreads shows it as part of a series. It totally reads as a
Josh Dale
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: struggles, romance
I found this book made me think about how we deal with life’s challenges, especially when the going gets tough.

Seth is suffering from self-denial and self-worth After a horrible call out left him trapped under a building. Damaging him physically and mentally. He is hell bent on getting back to work as a fireman, that he sees nothing else, and only hears what he wants to hear.

Casey is Seth’s husband. Who has tried so hard to offer his help and support him and only been pushed away and to breaking
Heather Martin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Signal Boost Promotions for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

Seth and Casey is Book 3 in the Storming Love series. After some research on GoodReads, it looks like this is novellas with the same title completed by six different authors. I didn’t realize this was part of a series as I hadn’t heard of it before, but when I started this novella I felt like I was missing something. Like I had been dropped int
Books After Fifty
This is a nice little novella about devastation and love nearly lost.

Seth is so broken, after getting crushed as a firefighter in a falling building, he just can’t see life moving on.

Casey is the bright school teacher married to Seth, the handsome firefighter, who sees there’s more to their marriage then keep getting shut out.

Getting snowed in together during a freak snow storm with 10 school children makes them re-evaluate their lives and their love for one another.

This was a short but heart wa
Nicole Smith
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
This was a quick that could be read in one sitting. It packs quite the punch with the emotion and story. I could feel the anger and defeat from Seth, but also the sadness and hopelessness from Casey. Casey and Seth are drifting apart, but a freak snowstorm may just bring these two back together. My heartbreaks for these two I cold feel the love they have for one another, but also how they have no idea to mend the rift. It's especially is tough after fining out what Seth had to go through and him ...more
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
Here I am standing alone again- I did like the story...but damn Seth was a jerk. But I do understand why he was such a jerk to Casey and absolutely everyone else around him but damn he was a jerk. Did he come around at the end, Yep. Was it too little too late for me, Nope. I think this short book/novella was well done about an established couple that we did not have to go through the whole romance with, we jumped right into their lives, lives that were real and hellish. The love was there betwee ...more
Katie Townsend
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful emotional incredible

Seth and Casey was such a incredible journey

Seth and Casey stole my heart from the moment I met I get everything they were going through ups downs tears heartbreaking and heart warming moments intensity love on every page

My heart was full when I finished their journey
Alexleo
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intense short story about a couple facing the aftermath of a life threatening work experience while trying to save ten teenagers from an epic snowstorm. A book that shows you what happens after the HEA, when real life happens and you have to struggle and fight to keep up with the life commitment of marriage. Well written and very involving.
Deanna Against Censorship
Emotional Bond With the Characters

A story of two men, in love for years, married for five years and now close to ending it. One struggling with a injury that may end his firefighting career. The other suffering with his husband's refusal to get counseling. As usual with TH Scott, we bond with the characters. Good story.
Donna
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
A "second chance" short story with an established couple? What's NOT to like! I appreciate that the author took the time to expand this story from its original length, but I would love to see it extended even more into a full-length novel! But, don't despair... there was enough to touch your heart and keep you involved to the very end! *mumbles... just wish there had been MORE!*
Ilona
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance
Heather
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rj-scott, re-read
Re-Read Review February 2019:
I usually save my re-reading for the summer months but considering that we are nearing the end of February, not only February but the snowiest February on record as well as the snowiest month since November 1991 after the Halloween Blizzard that pretty much shut down Wisconsin and Minnesota, I thought what better time to re-visit Seth and Casey?

There isn't much more I can add to my original review other than I'm still conflicting between wanting to bang their heads t
GayListBookReviews
An adorable novella about a sexy fireman and a hot teacher and how getting trapped during an epic snowstorm helped them find their way back to each other.

Seth is so stubborn and locked into a macho mindset when we first meet him. He'd been badly hurt when things went very wrong during a call. When he shut down and refused to allow Casey to participate in his recovery he didn't realize that he'd be pushing his boyfriend all the way out of their home. He's so angry and in such physical and emot
Lucy
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seth and Casey were a couple, together and in love until part of a house fell on Seth while fire fighting. He nearly died and was grievously injured. To add to the insult, Seth had gone against orders when he went in. In his anger, he lashes out at everyone, particularly the one constant in his life – Casey. Casey tried to be there for Seth and wasn’t allowed. Some people look at Casey has being the bad guy, leaving Seth when he needed him most but these two know the truth.

They still live in th
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Dilemma (Sirius Wolves, #5)
  • Feat of Clay (Men of London #4)
  • Scars (Scars #1)
  • The Final Line (Recon Diaries #3)
  • Below the Belt (Baum's Boxing #1)
  • Sweet Giordan, Please Remember (Hearts in Reverie #1)
  • Silver Scars
  • Change of Address
  • Magic Runs Deep
  • It's a Good Life (Good-Time Boys, #5)
  • Gasping for Air (Game Day, #2)
  • Subjection (Demoted, #1)
  • Scary (Twirled World Ink #3)
  • Two Silent Cries
  • Conquer the Flames (Lang Downs #4)
  • Sacrificed (Little Boy Lost, #6)
  • Right Hand Red
  • Tequila Sunrise (Crimes & Cocktails, #2)
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her