Start by marking “Havoc” as Want to Read:

Havoc

I named myself. I took the word animal out of their mouths, wore it like a badge of honor, then shoved it down their throats. I've fought for what I have. I see you coming before you even know you want a piece of me. In a city riddled with warring families, I'll rise up between them. My people, the broken souls I gather, will have power by the time I'm done with them.

I pro
ebook, 1st edition
Published April 5th 2018 (first published April 4th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Havoc, please sign up.
Debra Anastasia This is a stand alone book! You will see a few characters from MERCY, but this an entirely different story than MERCY and you do not need to MERCY…moreThis is a stand alone book! You will see a few characters from MERCY, but this an entirely different story than MERCY and you do not need to MERCY first. (less)

Tracy
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved,loved,loved everything about this book! Animal's story growing up hurt so badly to read. Him and T were lucky to find one another when they did. She has to be one of my favorite heroines! Never backs down and is the complete assassin! I love her! I really enjoyed how even though you can read these stories separately ,they intertwined at different parts! Just knowing how Havoc got his name is incredible. To be able to withstand so much on their own Animal and T were a team that was destined ...more
 Tania
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Debra has nailed it. Havoc was perfection.

So we all met Animal aka Havoc in Mercy, if you haven't read Mercy yet I recommend you do first.
Yes Havoc is a standalone but you will get a better understanding of the characters if you have read Mercy first.

This book is Animal and T's story. It's about their past and how they survived being homeless and how they became the people they are now. This book is action packed, will leave you speechless and takes you on a rollercoaster ride.
Blood
Debra Anastasia
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Helena Hunting
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
You know when you start a book and your heart just hangs out in your throat for the majority of it. The kind of book that makes your heart race and your blood pump thanks to the action, the emotions and intensity. Yeah. That's Havoc. It's heart wrenching and heartbreaking. You might want to punch the hero in the junk. You might also want to slap him on the back of the head and give him a big huge hug, and when you get to THAT PART--the one where you have to read frantically to get past it before ...more
Angela James
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am blown away! I never saw Animal coming! This book was amazing and hit me in the feels on so many levels. It was potent and raw and outstanding. Definitely going on my list of top ten reads this year!
Sara
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Woooooow. WOW. 5 Stars for Havoc and T!

So of course we first met Animal in Nix's Book Mercy (Which BTW is definitely in my top 5 of all time) Animal seems like an easy going ladies man but there is so much that Debra Anastasia revels in the this story to make you love him so much more! Animal has spent his whole life protecting others, now T is here to protect him. T has somewhat of a trademark of "I only love once" and she loves Animal and does EVERYTHING to protect him and his family. She is a
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

DNF @ 50%

Well, this was a HUGE disappointment.

description

I loved MERCY, and I loved Animal in that book, but in this one, he was god awful. One, this had to be the least romantic book I have ever read. T (the heroine) is in love with Animal; he doesn't feel the same way. OK fine, a little off when you are trying to get me to believe in a couple, but OK. I could have maybe got past that if this poor doormat of a girl didn't then hang around to protect Animal and watch him f-ck two, three, four other women
Fre06 Begum
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Havoc is the first book I’ve read by this author since 2012. I’m not sure why it’s taken me this long to read another book by this author because I remember loving her book, Poughkeepsie. When a friend suggested I read this book I didn’t hesitate.

Even though this book is supposed to be a standalone I went ahead and read some friends reviews of the previous book (Mercy) because the characters are in both books. It helped me get the backstory on them.

I’m a reader who likes my characters to be t
Karen Mc
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

What did you do to me, Debra Anastasia?!? HAVOC wrecked havoc on my heart and I still feel its crash. My heart raced from this roller coaster of a romance with all the thrills, chills, and heart flutters. PURE EXHILARATION! Havoc was MY HIGH, my delicious drug, and I was ADDICTED to every word of this thrilling, twisty and tender tale. The PARALYZING INTENSITY pulled me in—dark spun with light—piercing me everywhere. Intense. Intriguing. Dangerous. Daring. Sweet. Sexy. Emotional. Everything. Hav
Mimiorphee
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018
"Love was pain where I was from. And I was in so much love I wanted to die."

I've been waiting for Animal's story since I finished MERCY a few months ago, and Debra Anastasia delivered a story that I devoured in no time!

Just like with Becca and Nix's story, I loved the atmosphere of this spin-off. It's dark, but not as dark as you might imagine. It's dangerous, exciting, sad and sometimes hugly, definitely compelling.

HAVOC is about family ties: the family you have, the family you deserve and th
Taylor Freeman
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
(view spoiler)
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
As we'd already met Fenix "Bones"and his Becca in Mercy, it was just obvious we'd get his best friend and saviour of sorts, Animal his own book. He was extremely intrigu8ng, insanely sexy, brute lover of a man, managing a nefarious business organisation. Their journey was documented in Mercy but this one is Animal's story. His childhood, his best friend and companion/best friend-T. It definitely had meat, I mean when you're associated criminal and earning boatloads of money, and ridiculously han ...more
Elaine
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We first met Animal in MERCY. He’s the best friend of Nix — his brother. Animal aka HAVOC is a ladies man. One, two, three he’s not fussy, he’s the king in the bedroom and in his business but he’s also a fierce protector of those he loves. When someone from his past turns up, she too falls under his protection. The thing about T is she’s fierce and protective herself and will do anything for those she cares for; for the man she loves.

Havoc is a story of two halves. First its Animal and T as kid
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

ADORABLE!
I just loved Animal & T!
And of course Nix and Becca and Ember and Merck too!
Such an amazing family! Different. Crazy. Criminal. Loving. Perfect.

This was such a great book. I loved the teenager chapters. So heartbreaking!
The romance part was a bit lost in all that criminal activity and other stuff... but it was still very adorable!

Animal is so sweet and smart and ... I just love him. The way he loves his family, his brother. The way he calls Nix baby or Sweetness - adorable! And T.
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
By: Debra Anastasia
3.5 I only love Once Stars

Havoc is a spin off book from the characters we met in Mercy. Although it’s a standalone, I would personally recommend reading Mercy first to get the full experience.

Animal and T’s story is a wild ride. One that spans over many years. In this book, holes are filled and we find out so much about these two. What they will do for each other just to survive.

This is a very intense story! One that at times I found myself having to go back and reread
Avril
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mercy was the shit. Okay. Mercy was everything.
And here in HAVOC, we get Animal's story.
At first, your girl was like wait, hold up. So who is his love interest? I stand behind my original though that we should eliminate every damn body and just put Animal and Nix together. I love their love. I ship their love. Yes, it's a lonely ship. But IDC, give me an Animal and Nix romance, damn it. I mean, dude was gonna die for dude.

DO. YOU. HEAR. ME?

Okay, fine. So it's not the Animal and Nix love affair m
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Image

I have been wanting Animal's book since we met him in Mercy - and here he is!

It is a stand alone, however you will revisit characters from Mercy so you might like to read it first?

Animal and T's story is heartbreaking, Our lovelies are both emotionally broken, and even apart they are looking out for each other.

The first half of this book is exceptional. I couldn't put it down, I wanted to throw my kindle to the side, asking out "why?". Animal and T are so strong and I just want to hug them both
Becky
May 02, 2018 marked it as not-interested
Shelves: not-safe
Really enjoyed Mercy, but the hero of this book engaged in orgies after he’d met the heroine, soooo... I’m going to skip this.
Dani Hodge
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, ACTION-PACKED and full of ANGST!

This book is one big roller coaster ride! The twists and turns will keep your head spinning and your fingers flipping the pages! Animal aka Havoc is really an interesting character. He is Tall, Dark, and Handsome. (Oh yeah, and Deadly!) The relationships he has in his life are few and close. The closest in his life is T, growing up together they create a bond that can't be broken. Although I must say, I spent the better half of this book hurting for T. She i
Heather andrews
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
T is not like other women, the girl just surprises Animal over and over again, “yup, that’s the place. I like guns. They turn me on.” Animal really wants to go that extra mile for his woman, "T was here, naked in my arms. Spent in my arms. I wanted to kill something and eat the heart in front of her. I wanted to start eight fights and win them all, just so she could be impressed." I loved this book, Animal was well an aminal.
Rose David
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even put into words what this book did to me. Havoc starts up about where Mercy left off. Mercy isn’t required reading prior to reading Havoc, but I’d suggest you do beforehand. It will help certain aspects of the story make more sense. And not ruin Mercy for you when you’re sure to go back and read it. So, on to Havoc.

Animal and T and beyond amazing. Growing up from rough childhoods, they find one another again as adults. Havoc takes ya back into their childhoods. Into the lives they l
Keri Loves Books
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
She Only Loves Once

A story of family, love, loyalty and life.

Animal had a crap upbringing. Foster home to foster home. Always hungry. Just trying to get by day to day.

T is homeless. Her mom has mental health issues and can’t raise her. She lives on the streets, but still manages to get to school and survive.

These two were meant to find eachother. They become more than friends, they become family. They look out for one another, until T leaves.

She goes her own way. Animal is left to continue on.
HeatherP
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I haven't read the first book in this series so I can't speak for the "other" Animal that a few other reviews have mentioned. I only just met him in this book. For the most I think he was the only thing I liked about this book. The story had several holes and other things that left me a bit confused. I think the biggest thing that is affecting me rating this higher is the female lead. She was waaay to doormat for my liking, she took so much more than I would have expected her too, she never conn ...more
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.5 - 5
Did you read Mercy by Debra Anastasia? If you did, you will definitely remember Nix’ best friend Animal, aka Havoc. Havoc is a spin-off from Mercy and can be read as a standalone. I would recommend that you read Mercy. Not only is it a great book, but it provides some additional understanding of the dynamics of Animal, Nix, and T.

This mafia romance is full of murder and mayhem. Then there’s Animal’s man-whore antics. He’s an animal, in and out of the bedroom. Can T capture Animal’s heart
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
I just love this author. I flew through this book wanting to find out the end game.

Normally I don’t like to read OW in stories, but it worked here. I’ll admit cringing and wondering if my HEA couple wouldn’t be who I’d thought, but this gritty story needed this insight.

Also, I wondered if it was me... I’ll try to explain without spoilers. There’s a time Nix comes home. I’m not sure if this is a narrator error, but the same car door was opened twice without it ever closing in between.

Additionally
Julie
Shelves: alpha-male, angst, romance
This was an interesting book. It was thrilling, full of angst and a very good character study. The story had many twist and turns and we are introduced to characters and told of their lives. Havoc/Animal was an interesting character, a man who grew up with T, they had a bond that could not be broken and Animal would protect her more than his own life.
Her loyalty to Animal was the same. She only loved once, and her crazy love saved them all.
I liked this rollercoaster of a read, the story immedia
Brenda
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review of HAVOC
***Release April 5th***

"I only love Once"

Get ready to feel all the feels.

Havoc is filled with angst, love, murder, loyalty and most importantly family.
From a starving Animal to a homeless T they captivate you from the beginning . You NEED to know thier story and you've gotta know how it ends.
The journey Animal and T go on together and apart, is raw, heartbreaking and beautiful.
These characters are unique, and badass. They love with all their being. There isn't anything they
Chele
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Excellent!
Debra Anastasia delivers another story with Kick a** action ,intrigue, and love.
Animal is the one person you do not want to cross.
Animal protects his own.
He is a lover, and one hell of a fighter.
T, Only loves once. You mess with her people she'll make sure you mess with no one again.
5 hot, kick a** stars
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

Favorite Quotes:

He was devastating. Just being near him was like getting pulled into the sun. I knew it was probably bad for us both, but my heart was set up like a clearance sale. No returns, no refunds.

T was an obstetrician of death. She was incredibly capable at delivering it.

I’m gonna start off by saying that while the story was average, the WAY it was told made it fricking amazing! She writes so beautifully that I got sucked into the story. The only t
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Men of Mayhem
  • Abducted (The Dangerous Distractions #1)
  • Breaking Grace
  • Small Town Scandal (Wingmen, #5)
  • Irrevocable (Evan Arden, #5)
  • Obsessed
  • Return to Us (The Harbour Series, #3)
  • The Masterpiece (Work of Art, #3)
  • An Imperfect Heart
  • Love is Strange (I Know..., #2)
  • Exposure
  • Reach Me (Wrecked, #3.5)
  • Our Final Tale  (Iron Fury MC, #6)
  • All My Truths & One Lie
  • Grace Between Mercy
  • Destruction (Fragile Ties, #1)
  • A Path of Petals
Goodreads link to LOCK: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Amazon Link #KindleUnlimited https://amzn.to/2QOiA0y

Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Debra...

LOCK

I met her among the chaos of a gang fight - one that I inadvertently started.

Ember.

Beautiful, feisty, and passionate. And the sister of Mercy, an infamous assassin.

We fell for each other, hard. Until forces outside of our con
“Love was pain where I was from. And I was in so much love I wanted to die.” 0 likes