Start by marking “Limits” as Want to Read:

Limits

For as long as she can remember Millie has had her limits. Staying within them keeps her isolated, safe; helps her to cope. Why then have they started to feel so stifling? Why is her loneliness starting to rival her fears?

When she watches him she wishes she could be normal; she wishes she could be like the people he interacts with so seamlessly. Pavlos Martakis is her co
Published April 5th 2018

Start your review of Limits
Snow
This book, this heart-felt story made me pensive, sad, then utterly hopeful...

This book is not your everyday cheesy, sweet romance, it's not its opposite either, it's just real, it's vulnerable, it's palpable, it's overwhelming, it's complex and unexplicably enchanting and it deals with much graver human complexity in personality and functionality...

it's all around us and sometimes we just don't see it...

it's hidden in the appearances that we are not interested or willing to look beyond, and find the true person behind the facade...

It's somhopeful...
Bev
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
After reading and loving Beg Borrow or Steal by a new to me author I couldn’t wait to get Millie’s story. From the glimpses we got of her in BBS I knew she had huge issues yet was so totally sweet with little Rosie.

The author paced Millie’s journey to perfection, nothing rushed or unrealistic. She was so closed off as a result of her crippling anxiety, and after the childhood she had, who wouldn’t be. I love how she interacted with Rosie, and how she gradually let other in.
Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Let me start by saying I enjoyed reading this book. The grammar and formatting were flawless (issues that comes up way too much). It’s engaging, and well written. There was a lot going on in this book and at no point was I tempted to stop reading it.

In this book, we meet Millie and Pav who are both doctors at a hospital in London. Millie is cold, not literally cold, emotionless and robotic. Her peers refer to her as nuclear winter. She has crippling emotional issues which she hides f
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
I've been waiting for Millie and Pav's story and very happily agreed to reading an advanced copy from Susie Tate. She is too kind to me considering I begged her for a copy of another book over a year ago.

I knew there were depths to Millie when were first introduced to her in Beg, Borrow or Steal. I was intrigued by Millie and by her interactions with a co-worker, Pav (a doctor in the same hospital) and Rosie (Libby's daughter in BBS). As Millie's history/background unfolded, I felt so bad
maggieandteddy
This my 2nd book by this author. I read Beg Borrow or Steal about 5 months ago & I loved it. I have other books by this author (I need to read those pronto!). At first, I made the mistake of thinking that Susie Tate's books are Chick Lit-not that there's anything wrong with that! I think that it's the covers. I like the covers, but no real people on most of them. Again, that's OK too. I'm (almost) getting immune to the shirtless guy on the covers anyway.

On to this book! Again, se
Carvanz

I’ve never read a book with a heroine who struggled in the same manner as Millie. She’s a genius, raised by parents who didn’t take the time to nurture her special needs. Along the way she regressed further and further into herself until she’s simply incapable of having a simple conversation with an acquaintance.

Pav was a bit harder for me to understand. He’s attracted to Millie but then some of his thoughts and actions were not those of one who is enamored. I pu
Paula White
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Beg, Borrow or Steal and really enjoyed it. Loved the characters and that fact it was set in the UK! So after that one I went hunting for Millie and Pav's book and was lucky enough to find it available on NetGalley.

I really enjoyed this one as well, the characters from Beg, Borrow or Steal were there too, making the enjoyable journey. I liked that Millie came out of her shell slowly - it seemed realistic. Pav made mistakes with dealing with Millie, but I think anyone would in
Alison
Another winner from Susie Tate.

From the outside Camilla 'Millie' Morrison looks like she has it all. Beautiful, immaculate clothing, always perfectly made-up, not a hair out of place, amazingly intelligent, ridiculously wealthy. On the inside its a different matter. Crippled by low self-esteem and debilitating shyness she has no friends and her colleagues call her 'Nuclear Winter'. The only people who seem to tolerate her at all are a five year old call Rosie and a 70-something year
Dilek VT
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the story of a girl who has severe social anxiety disorder.

Millie was a very shy and introvert child. She had a very high IQ but her social anxiety made her parents feel embarrassed and their emotional abuse and lack of love and compassion made her condition even worse.

description

Although she is a very successful person in the medicine world now, she can’t even speak to a colle
Shirley Cuypers
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc-beta, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Susie Tate and Netgalley!

Limits
tells the story of Millie who suffers from anxiety and all her life she’s been creating these limits, but Pav is trying to push her limits and she doesn’t really know how to feel about it…

Limits was such a beautiful and inspiring book about anxiety. I’ve read some books where the main character has anxiety, but it’s never been as severe as in Limits. I thi/>
Bwmurf
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Wanted more groveling
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Limits was the first book that I read by Susie Tate. Her writing style is very different from what I usually read. Not by her PoV’s or anything but more by the way she approaches the plot. Millie’s story felt so realistic that it was more like reading a diary than a fictional novel, which was scary at times.

Maybe I could connect so well to Millie because I know from personal experiences how looks can be deceiving. And how a certain behavior can be totally misunderstood.

While I am not completel
Lisa Aiello
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars – This was the story of Millie, an extremely gifted young woman who struggled with crippling anxiety and social awkwardness. She works with Pav, who not initially knowing that she had issues, just assumed, like everyone else, that she was cold, snooty and uptight. He finds himself over time becoming enamored with Millie, and this is the story of how they navigated their way through a relationship. Reading about Millie was painful as she found her way, but it was so easy to cheer her on ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Limits,  Susie Tate

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance

I loved book one in this series and Millie and Pav both feature there as secondary characters. Rosie, Jamie and Libby from that book are secondary characters here along with the vivacious Kira.

Millie is painfully isolated, has a real social issue among her other problems. Seems she was a child genius, pushed by ambitious political parents into schooling way ahead of her years and pee
Margo
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Em__Jay
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have highly enjoyed all of Susie Tate’s books to date but Limits is above and beyond any of her other books. It’s marvellous!

Millie is the type of heroine that brings out a variety of emotions. I wanted to dive into the book so I could be her friend, her support and just be a person she could rely on. My heart was breaking for her, knowing how her social anxiety manifested and turned her into a woman many went out of their way to avoid. It (figuratively) killed me! The author could
Bookgyrl
I have been looking forward to this book for a while and I am so happy this book met all my expectations and more.

My favorite book by Susie has always been 'Broken heart syndrome', the book about Frankie who is very shy. But I think 'Limits' just took first place...

Millie is a young woman with crippling anxieties. This makes her very difficult to approach as she comes across as a cold, hard woman. We met Millie in the last book (Beg, Borrow or Steal) when she offered to b
Alison
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Heart-warming, Heart-Rending Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Everyone has their limits; unfortunately for Millie, those limits control every aspect of her life. When Pav endeavours to persuade Millie to speak at a conference, he finds Millie fascinating, and decides, to uncover the beautiful, and intelligent woman hidden within.

I went into this story blind, after reading the blurb I was intrigued, but I didn’t know what to expect.
Mrs
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read any of Susie Tates books you're in for a treat, this book has the characters from Beg, Borrow or steal, you do not have to read that book to enjoy this one but I'd advise reading it first because that too is a fabulous read and it's so good to catch up with the other main characters.
Millie a Radiologist is known as nuclear winter due to her cold attitude and ability to make the most senior consultants uncomfortable with her vast knowledge, Pavlov a happy go lucky surgeo
Toni
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.....I could not put this book down!! I wasn't sure what to expect when reading this book but I swear, this was a great read! I cried, I cheered, I fumed and I laughed out loud soo many times while reading this book. Millie, my heart went out to her. She tried to appear normal as much as she could while dealing with so many issues within that only a few close friends understood. At times, I liked Pavlos' determination to include Mill ...more
Ratatosk
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I was given an ARC, in exchange for an honest review.

We were introduced to Millie aka Nuclear Winter to her coworkers in Beg, Borrow and Steal as the very prim, proper, if not standoffish doctor who occasionally babysits medical student/stripper Libby's daughter Rosie. Millie has published a paper and is expected to present her findings at a conference. Her colleague Pav attempts to convince her, unable to understand her reluctance.

We find that Millie, who appears so perf
Escape into a Booksite
Jun 01, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: kindle
Copy kindly received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This one was sent as an invite via NG, not one that I requested myself. I gave it a try, but its not my kind of writing style, so I'm going to pass on this. Not to say its not for others, there are many good reviews. Just not for me right now.
Raquel Cortes
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Susie did it again! What a great book. Funny, realistic and romantic. Susie became one of my favorite authors. Her books always enchant me, so much that I find them short. Limits was no exception. Millie and Pav are adorable. They complement each other so well. Plus, beloved characters from the first book make an appearance. I still don't get any of the medical stuff she talks about but it doesn't stop me from enjoying every minute of it. Can't wait for the next book!
Alexa
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review**

Such a good book! Definitely one of Susie Tate's best ones yet.

The way in which she portrayed Millie's anxiety was a real boon, it was captured so well. I'm terrible with flowery words, but I absolutely loved it.

And as always, I am really looking forward to the next one!
Chelsea
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written book, it broke my heart and put it back together again to the point I was crying during some points of this (and I don't often cry) I simply loved this story 💖
Ann
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was so great to get this story too, I only hope there will be more books from Susie Tate.
Kady
This was an unexpectedly sweet medical romance. The characters were endearing and well -developed. I adored Millie and Pav! It looks like I found a new summer author! Also KU and takes place in the UK - 2 bonuses.
A
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, contemporary
I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) this is an absolutely beautiful contemporary romance... technically, it's connected to another novel by this author, but it works perfectly fine as a complete standalone... yes, we met the main couple from this story in "Beg, borrow or steal" and yes, the main couple from that story appears in this novel... and yes, we have the same secondary characters appear as well, but you don't need that previous knowledge to enjoy this one, everything yo ...more
✨Danielle✨ ⟪quotecreature⟫

i am still not sure if i should give it 3 or 2.75 or even 2.5 stars...

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The beginning was really promising,... Millie, woman with an extreme anxiety, hated by the whole hospital - but in spite of all of that, she really was the best employee and did her work perfectly. It was some kind of a shield for her. Which i liked. If it was me, i probably wouldn't be able to do all the work she had to do.

Basically we see every s
Jacqueline J
I mostly liked this one. I've read so many romances that I always enjoy something different and this heroine with severe social anxiety was different. I really liked her but I wasn't so fond of the hero who, although he did some sweet things for her, never really rose to the level of a real hero for me. We didn't seem to really get to know him and I always suspected that he was using her. Which turned out to be true. The final climatic conflict was appalling and she forgave him like he'd only ac ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2)
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, #3)
  • With Love in Sight (Twice Shy, #1)
  • Yesterday's Tomorrows
  • Crossfire of Love
  • All I Have (A Farmers' Market Story, #1)
  • Irish Rogue (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Drain Me
  • Lost and Found
  • Virtue & Vanity
  • Lessons in Seduction (Once Upon An Accident, #2)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Lasting Fate (Fate, #4)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Partner Games (Games, #6)
  • Talk to Me (Protector, #1)
  • A Little Bit of Trouble (Little Bits, #3)
Susie Tate is a general practitioner and when she's not working she's looking after her four yummy boys under five (okay, well one is actually over thirty-five but it's the mental age that counts!). Before becoming a GP she worked her way through a fair few hospital specialities including A&E, general medicine, elderly care, cardiology, general and orthopaedic surgery and psychiatry.
Maybe it'
“hollow feeling Millie had endured to some extent her whole life was gradually expanding. She felt like emptiness was slowly pulling her under,” 0 likes