Start by marking “All That She Can See” as Want to Read:
All That She Can See

All That She Can See

Feelings are part of life – feelings are life. If you take away what people feel, you take away anything meaningful. Wanting to diminish the evil in this world is a good cause, one I have fought for the majority of my life, but not like this...

Cherry has a hidden talent. She can see things other people can't and she decided a long time ago to use this skill to help others.
Published January 25th 2018 by Sphere (first published July 13th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about All That She Can See, please sign up.
Lea I just finished All That She Can See and I really liked it!!!! It will not become my new favorite book of all time but I did enjoy it A LOT more than …moreI just finished All That She Can See and I really liked it!!!! It will not become my new favorite book of all time but I did enjoy it A LOT more than her last book. I felt like the story was build up way better and smoother and portrayed much stronger characters. It was a fun and quick read but still it was intriguing and also got me thinking a little…(less)

Start your review of All That She Can See
House of Books
First of all I want to apologise for my English, i havent used them for a review in a while. Secondly, i want to remind everyone that this is my opinion. It isnt open for a discussion nor is it wrong or right- it's simply my opinion. If you want to talk about the book, do it respectfully!

I love reading books. Literature is my anti depressant, my anti anxiety medication. When i can home from a long day at work all i want to do is a) scream and b) read. So, i expect a lot from my books.
It's not t
Lenny_C
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Minor spoilers ahead - mostly to quote examples of what bugged me.

Let's start by saying this is a very easy read. It only took me a day which was rather nice as it allowed me to put it on my list for the bookathon challenge I was in. It's not overly complex since everything is more or less laid out for the reader and you're able to simply follow the story. I wouldn't say I couldn't put it down -- I was very frustrated with it multiple times and had to put it down, actually.

The concept at the b
Lauren
Nov 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, contemporary
All That She Can See is the weirdest train wreck of a book, and it's so hard to explain without summarising the plot as briefly as possible. I'll let my abridged version speak for itself:

Act 1 (Bad version of Pushing Daisies):
The book starts out as a cheesy, Disney-esque, cutesy book with a weird concept: A girl who basically has the power to see people's bad feels opens a bakery, infusing her food with good feels so that all the townspeople are happy. When she's mostly satisfied with a town, sh
Ana Beatriz
It's funny how lots of the reviews here start with "I really wanted to have liked this book".

Well, so did I! But I have come to give up on liking Carrie Hope Fletcher's books. The style of writing is too childish and sugary for my taste, and it definitely doesn't match up with what came to happen later on in the book. (won't spoil it, don't worry).

I found it all rushed and underdeveloped. The characters were flat, and it felt like I was in kindergarten, someone explaining what feelings were and
Jul 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I really wanted to like this one. I think Carrie is fantastic and talented by the bucketful, and I was so excited to read her latest novel that I stayed up until midnight to wait for it to download onto my Kindle. It took me a while to get into her previous book On The Other Side, because I wasn't a fan of the writing style, but I did enjoy it eventually. After this one though, I have to admit that her writing just isn't for me. It just seemed a bit too naive and cheery for me, although that mig ...more
Yesenia  Balay
Aug 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No, no, no! Ugh... This is so hard. I can't even find the words to express my frustration and dissapointment. First things first, I loved Carrie's debut novel and consider it one of my favorites and one of the best I read last year. Therefore, I had anticipated the release of this book and as soon as it became available I purchased it.

I enjoyed the first half of the book, but the other half turned batshit crazy in no time. Enemies became lovers in the blink of an eye (which I think is unrealisti
Sarah Learmonth
Carrie is a star. She is fantastically talented and I love the way her mind works.

I read On the Other Side last year, and whilst in that case I LOVED THE CONCEPT, the simplicity of the writing, the 'tropeyness' of the characters and the convenience of the magic did bug me a little. I did manage to resolve that the book was a kind of fairytale and so that compensated the negativity a little.

However, in All That She Can See, again I LOVED THE CONCEPT, it was more ambitious but it wasn't supported
Ella-Jay
Megan Bigg
3.8 stars? I found the concept of this story really intriguing and the plot of this story that unravelled was much different to what I thought I would happen... but it was still interesting. My only issue was the writing style and how it's just not my thing... and I felt certain people befriended each other too quickly, as is the way in contemporary novels haha
It was an interesting idea and topic to explore and write about, and fun at times too!
Lea (drumsofautumn)
After being a big fan of On The Other Side, I could not wait to see what Carrie Hope Fletcher would come up with next. I think her creativity knows almost no boundaries and her stories are very unique.
I appreciate the idea for this novel but I think it tried to do too much and because of that it wasn't enough.

I really enjoyed the beginning of this novel. I think the idea and moral that Fletcher had for this story was great. There's a lot of interesting, loveable characters, although I have to sa
Amy
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So. It's better than On The Other Side. The essence of a good writer is there, beneath the whimsy and the insane exposition. Like with On The Other Side, it feels too juvenile to be fully categorised as women's fiction yet people keep telling me it's not YA.
The premise was interesting but the bizarre tonal shift lost me entirely. It became two stories meshed into one and felt incredibly rushed. An easy read, though, and I'm sure nothing will deter Carrie's many fans from continuing to support h
Sophie
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I LOVED THIS SO MUCH! It was a big improvement from her debut and you can really tell Carrie is getting better. I just loved the story, the characters and it was such an interesting concept. That people can see feelings and what would happen if they got rid of them. I think I may have to film a review for this!
Emma Millward
Really disappointed by this book given how much I liked Carries first fiction book. 😕
Christina
May 31, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hoped that this would be a cute, feel-good book, maybe not a 5-star read but still enjoyable. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

We follow Cherry who can see people's bad feelings, their loneliness, anxiety, or grief. To counteract those negative feelings she bakes things infused with good feelings and sells them in her bakery. This way she travels from place to place to help out people. The premise sounded really imaginative and cute to me, like Inside Out meets Pushing Daisies. Unfortunately I found t
Mariana
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I just finished this book a few minutes ago so my thoughts are very raw and fresh. I think the main two emotions I'm feeling after reading this book are confusion and delight.

I adored the first half of this book, Carrie's books have this inexplicable charm to them that almost reminds me of pre-teen fiction but for adults. I fell in love with the premise, it's incredibly clever, interesting and authentic. Carrie's writing style is very similar to On The Other Side in which it is quaint, imaginat
Kim
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: privatbibliothek
Browsing through my shelf I'm lowering this to 3 stars because in comparison definitely not worth more...and I also do not love Carrie that much any more so that bonus is gone...
___________

First of all: I love Carrie.
And I really really want to love her books, too. The underlying idea always sounds so good. But like her first novel I just don't like the book as much as I want to. I like it, I do. But that's it and that kind of disappoints me. I feel like Carrie has so many (mostly great) ideas
Annelies
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heartwarming story. I flew through it.
Carrie's style of writing is so easy to read and so beautiful.
I will definitely read more books from her
Jemima
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First posted on beawareofbooksblogs.wordpress.com

allthatshecanseeheading

I genuinely had no idea what to expect when I ordered this book. I had my suspicions and thoughts about what the plot of the story may be and to an extent I was right but I was also surprised and honestly, a little disappointed. I really wanted to love this book, I honestly did but I have a few issues. Fortunately, I also have some praise for this book so let's get into my thoughts...

allthatshecansee

Goodreads Link | Book Depository Link

'Feeling are part o
Tracey
To be honest this was a rather disappointing read. I feel that The author has tried to hard To make this book as extraordinary and As unusual As possible. It hasn’t worked , Plot is very confusing.
I couldn’t take to the characters, they were very one-sided and not of much interest especially when Writing about the Psychic world.
I did not like the two aunts and I felt that this supposed love of Chase and cherry was too forced and didn’t feel right.

This book was just too far-fetched to be good a
Justine
I loved On the other side and had mixed feelings about When the curtain falls although, overall, I quite enjoyed it.
I have mixed feelings about this one too, but didn't enjoy it quite as much.

The issue I had with it is that it covered almost too many ideas, or even too many genres, and so I got lost and confused. It's very hard to describe.
I liked the characters and the first half of the story, but I wasn't really swept off my feet in the end.
Elly Harries
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Really loved this book. Ending dragged but apart from that it is a lovely story to read.
Dorine
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was a bit of a disappointment for me.
Don't get me wrong, the story and concept was amazing! It has a beautiful look on the world, which warms my heart.
But it all felt very flat. In Carries previous book I really liked how the characters were build and how relationships developed, this one absolutely not.
Even though it is supposed to be Women's fiction, it felt more childlike. The characters were viewed as either good or bad, there wasn't an in-between. The story had some very obvious villa
Emma Streets
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
4.5
I can see a definite improvement from her debut novel. This was wonderful read it really quickly and kept my interest different from anything ive ever read.
Had so much fun i love how unique and the quirkiness of it, the characters were a delight.
Also well done to the cover designers its is stunning
Kathi
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Carrie Hope Fletcher showed us again what an amazing mind she has. In All That She Can See she turned such a realistic thing of our everyday life into something magical. The book is about Cherry Redgrave, who is a baker, but she is not a normal baker, she has a gift. As a baker, she starts to help people and travels around the UK and opens several bakeries. In one city, she meets Chase and discovers that he has a gift as well and both start a kind of turf war.

First, I must say that I absolutel
Ken
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest from the start - I was not aware of the author prior to this month and I doubt that I would have read a book like this previously.
The book was selected as August's #BookSquad feature on one of the podcasts I listen too (Jack and the Geekstalk) - So I thought I'd buy this novel and join in the discussion.

Maybe going in completely blind helped, as I had no pre-convinced judgments. But I found that I really enjoyed this book.

I also felt that the set up was rather interesting, the mai
jsmnwordsworth
I've only just finished this book so it's still a little raw but my overall feeling is disappointment.

This is not a difficult read by any means, i've literally read it in four hours but i also struggled to get through the first 7 chapters.

The premise of this book sounded great, and I purposely didn't read too much about it so I could fully enjoy it when it came time to read it. However, some of the opinions in this book were very pushy and that seemed to be on the third page which was very jar
Michaela Aisling
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own, poc-rep
Evi
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I, like many, picked this up because I love Carrie as a person and I love her online presence and positivity. I had read On the Other Side before, but this was a while back and I didn't remember much of it, just that I enjoyed it.

As I had read quite a few dark and heavy books recently, I was looking for a quick, lighthearted read. This seemed perfect for that, judging by the blurbs and design, and the first part definitely was. I really enjoyed how this started out - the first 100 pages were fu
Rosie Amber
All That She Can See falls between magical realism and fantasy for me.

Cherry has the ability to see other people's bad feelings as dark monsters attched to that person. The monsters can grow or shrink depending on how that person is feeling. Even Cherry has her own monster; he is Loneliness. Cheery has called these monsters Meddlums, since childhood when she met a boy who could also see feelings.

Cherry thought her life was worthless until she realised that she could bake cakes that would help pe
Bronwyn
Jul 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book. I'm a big fan of Carrie's stage work so was intrigued to see what this was like. The style was jarring, flitting between sweet, simple - almost child-book style - language to then suddenly using the word fuck five times on a page and a character mentioning his "bare balls." Kept you guessing but not in a good way, too many twists and turns that made no sense and I couldn't wait for it to end.

• Billy and Me (Billy and Me, #1)
  • Always With Love (Billy and Me, #2)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Dream a Little Dream, #1)
  • Some Kind of Wonderful
  • Eve of Man (Eve of Man, #1)
  • You're the One That I Want
  • Wilde Like Me (Robin Wilde, #1)
  • The Eve Illusion (Eve of Man, #2)
  • Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)
  • Christmas With Billy and Me (Billy and Me, #1.5)
  • Wilde Women
  • The Flatshare
  • The Creakers
  • McFly: Unsaid Things... Our Story
  • Five Years From Now
  • If You Could Go Anywhere
  • Our Stop
  • With All My Love: Letters to My Children
Carrie Hope Fletcher is an English actress, author and singer-songwriter.

She played Eponine in the West End production of Les Miserables at the Queen's Theatre until February 13th 2016. She is the first actress to have played both young Eponine and older Eponine. In 2019, she returned to Les Miserables as Fantine.

Fletcher played Truly Scrumptious in the UK touring production of Chitty Chitty Bang