Start by marking “All That She Can See” as Want to Read:
All That She Can See

All That She Can See

Feelings are part of life – feelings are life. If you take away what people feel, you take away anything meaningful. Wanting to diminish the evil in this world is a good cause, one I have fought for the majority of my life, but not like this...

Cherry has a hidden talent. She can see things other people can't and she decided a long time ago to use this skill to help others.
Published January 25th 2018 by Sphere (first published July 13th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about All That She Can See, please sign up.
Lea I just finished All That She Can See and I really liked it!!!! It will not become my new favorite book of all time but I did enjoy it A LOT more than…moreI just finished All That She Can See and I really liked it!!!! It will not become my new favorite book of all time but I did enjoy it A LOT more than her last book. I felt like the story was build up way better and smoother and portrayed much stronger characters. It was a fun and quick read but still it was intriguing and also got me thinking a little…(less)

jo
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First of all I want to apologise for my English, i havent used them for a review in a while. Secondly, i want to remind everyone that this is my opinion. It isnt open for a discussion nor is it wrong or right- it's simply my opinion. If you want to talk about the book, do it respectfully!

I love reading books. Literature is my anti depressant, my anti anxiety medication. When i can home from a long day at work all i want to do is a) scream and b) read. So, i expect a lot from my books.
It's not t
Lenny_C
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Minor spoilers ahead - mostly to quote examples of what bugged me.

Let's start by saying this is a very easy read. It only took me a day which was rather nice as it allowed me to put it on my list for the bookathon challenge I was in. It's not overly complex since everything is more or less laid out for the reader and you're able to simply follow the story. I wouldn't say I couldn't put it down -- I was very frustrated with it multiple times and had to put it down, actually.

The concept at the b
Lauren
Nov 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, contemporary
All That She Can See is the weirdest train wreck of a book, and it's so hard to explain without summarising the plot as briefly as possible. I'll let my abridged version speak for itself:

Act 1 (Bad version of Pushing Daisies):
The book starts out as a cheesy, Disney-esque, cutesy book with a weird concept: A girl who basically has the power to see people's bad feels opens a bakery, infusing her food with good feels so that all the townspeople are happy. When she's mostly satisfied with a town, sh
Ana Beatriz
It's funny how lots of the reviews here start with "I really wanted to have liked this book".

Well, so did I! But I have come to give up on liking Carrie Hope Fletcher's books. The style of writing is too childish and sugary for my taste, and it definitely doesn't match up with what came to happen later on in the book. (won't spoil it, don't worry).

I found it all rushed and underdeveloped. The characters were flat, and it felt like I was in kindergarten, someone explaining what feelings were and
Jul 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this one. I think Carrie is fantastic and talented by the bucketful, and I was so excited to read her latest novel that I stayed up until midnight to wait for it to download onto my Kindle. It took me a while to get into her previous book On The Other Side, because I wasn't a fan of the writing style, but I did enjoy it eventually. After this one though, I have to admit that her writing just isn't for me. It just seemed a bit too naive and cheery for me, although that mig ...more
Sarah Learmonth
Carrie is a star. She is fantastically talented and I love the way her mind works.

I read On the Other Side last year, and whilst in that case I LOVED THE CONCEPT, the simplicity of the writing, the 'tropeyness' of the characters and the convenience of the magic did bug me a little. I did manage to resolve that the book was a kind of fairytale and so that compensated the negativity a little.

However, in All That She Can See, again I LOVED THE CONCEPT, it was more ambitious but it wasn't supported
Megan Bigg
3.8 stars? I found the concept of this story really intriguing and the plot of this story that unravelled was much different to what I thought I would happen... but it was still interesting. My only issue was the writing style and how it's just not my thing... and I felt certain people befriended each other too quickly, as is the way in contemporary novels haha
It was an interesting idea and topic to explore and write about, and fun at times too!
Ella-Jay
Sophie
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I LOVED THIS SO MUCH! It was a big improvement from her debut and you can really tell Carrie is getting better. I just loved the story, the characters and it was such an interesting concept. That people can see feelings and what would happen if they got rid of them. I think I may have to film a review for this!
Emma Millward
Really disappointed by this book given how much I liked Carries first fiction book. 😕
Lea (drumsofautumn)
After being a big fan of On The Other Side, I could not wait to see what Carrie Hope Fletcher would come up with next. I think her creativity knows almost no boundaries and her stories are very unique.
I appreciate the idea for this novel but I think it tried to do too much and because of that it wasn't enough.

I really enjoyed the beginning of this novel. I think the idea and moral that Fletcher had for this story was great. There's a lot of interesting, loveable characters, although I have to sa
Mariana
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book a few minutes ago so my thoughts are very raw and fresh. I think the main two emotions I'm feeling after reading this book are confusion and delight.

I adored the first half of this book, Carrie's books have this inexplicable charm to them that almost reminds me of pre-teen fiction but for adults. I fell in love with the premise, it's incredibly clever, interesting and authentic. Carrie's writing style is very similar to On The Other Side in which it is quaint, imaginat
Odette Knappers
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inbezit, 2018
Ik heb als eerste van deze schrijfster On the Other Side gelezen, en dat boek vond ik hartverwarmend. het verhaal, het idee, de schrijfstijl, heerlijk!

Het begin van dit boek was net zo bijzonder. Alsof ik zo'n taartje aan het eten was die zo'n belangrijk rol spelen in dit boek.

Toen vond ik de verhaallijn minder leuk worden om te lezen. Dat competatieve met het effect dat dat had sprak me minder aan. En toen werd het nog een beetje raarder. Het deed me denken aan een plot zoals De Roep van Avalo
Kim
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all: I love Carrie.
And I really really want to love her books, too. The underlying idea always sounds so good. But like her first novel I just don't like the book as much as I want to. I like it, I do. But that's it and that kind of disappoints me. I feel like Carrie has so many (mostly great) ideas and tries to fit too many in too few pages. So maybe a longer book? For me a bit more of getting to know the characters and bit more world building would have been nice. I liked the charact
Yesenia  Balay
Aug 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No, no, no! Ugh... This is so hard. I can't even find the words to express my frustration and dissapointment. First things first, I loved Carrie's debut novel and consider it one of my favorites and one of the best I read last year. Therefore, I had anticipated the release of this book and as soon as it became available I purchased it.

I enjoyed the first half of the book, but the other half turned batshit crazy in no time. Enemies became lovers in the blink of an eye (which I think is unrealisti
Amy
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So. It's better than On The Other Side. The essence of a good writer is there, beneath the whimsy and the insane exposition. Like with On The Other Side, it feels too juvenile to be fully categorised as women's fiction yet people keep telling me it's not YA.
The premise was interesting but the bizarre tonal shift lost me entirely. It became two stories meshed into one and felt incredibly rushed. An easy read, though, and I'm sure nothing will deter Carrie's many fans from continuing to support h
Jemima
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First posted on beawareofbooksblogs.wordpress.com

allthatshecanseeheading

I genuinely had no idea what to expect when I ordered this book. I had my suspicions and thoughts about what the plot of the story may be and to an extent I was right but I was also surprised and honestly, a little disappointed. I really wanted to love this book, I honestly did but I have a few issues. Fortunately, I also have some praise for this book so let's get into my thoughts...

allthatshecansee

Goodreads Link | Book Depository Link

'Feeling are part of life
Tracey
To be honest this was a rather disappointing read. I feel that The author has tried to hard To make this book as extraordinary and As unusual As possible. It hasn’t worked , Plot is very confusing.
I couldn’t take to the characters, they were very one-sided and not of much interest especially when Writing about the Psychic world.
I did not like the two aunts and I felt that this supposed love of Chase and cherry was too forced and didn’t feel right.

This book was just too far-fetched to be good a
Elly Harries
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Really loved this book. Ending dragged but apart from that it is a lovely story to read.
Annelies
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heartwarming story. I flew through it.
Carrie's style of writing is so easy to read and so beautiful.
I will definitely read more books from her
Dina Batista
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Estava a espera de um romance fofo e uma leitura ligeira e foi isso que recebi ao início, mas ao meio da leitura, o tom mudou e passou a ser uma história de fantasia/distopia, género de leitura do qual não sou muito fã. Essa alteração não me agradou muito, nem me agarrou, a escrita também é muito simplista. Estava a espera de uma história diferente.
Emma Streets
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
4.5
I can see a definite improvement from her debut novel. This was wonderful read it really quickly and kept my interest different from anything ive ever read.
Had so much fun i love how unique and the quirkiness of it, the characters were a delight.
Also well done to the cover designers its is stunning
Kathi
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Shelves: favourites
Carrie Hope Fletcher showed us again what an amazing mind she has. In All That She Can See she turned such a realistic thing of our everyday life into something magical. The book is about Cherry Redgrave, who is a baker, but she is not a normal baker, she has a gift. As a baker, she starts to help people and travels around the UK and opens several bakeries. In one city, she meets Chase and discovers that he has a gift as well and both start a kind of turf war.

First, I must say that I absolutel
Ken
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest from the start - I was not aware of the author prior to this month and I doubt that I would have read a book like this previously.
The book was selected as August's #BookSquad feature on one of the podcasts I listen too (Jack and the Geekstalk) - So I thought I'd buy this novel and join in the discussion.

Maybe going in completely blind helped, as I had no pre-convinced judgments. But I found that I really enjoyed this book.

I also felt that the set up was rather interesting, the mai
Michaela Aisling
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own, poc-rep
jsmnwordsworth
I've only just finished this book so it's still a little raw but my overall feeling is disappointment.

This is not a difficult read by any means, i've literally read it in four hours but i also struggled to get through the first 7 chapters.

The premise of this book sounded great, and I purposely didn't read too much about it so I could fully enjoy it when it came time to read it. However, some of the opinions in this book were very pushy and that seemed to be on the third page which was very jar
Dorine
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was a bit of a disappointment for me.
Don't get me wrong, the story and concept was amazing! It has a beautiful look on the world, which warms my heart.
But it all felt very flat. In Carries previous book I really liked how the characters were build and how relationships developed, this one absolutely not.
Even though it is supposed to be Women's fiction, it felt more childlike. The characters were viewed as either good or bad, there wasn't an in-between. The story had some very obvious villa
Monica Fumarolo
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-releases
Carrie Hope Fletcher's second novel showcases an added level of thoughtfulness and growth as she spins a tale that feels a bit like a grown-up bed time story. The final third didn't quite match up with the rest of the story in terms of pacing and tone (also, I missed the characters I'd gotten to know earlier in the book), but nonetheless this book was full of whimsy and that's just what I was looking for.
Rhiannon Jackman
Danni
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
lmao what
  • Always With Love (Billy and Me, #2)
  • Searching for a Silver Lining
  • Mistletoe Mansion
  • Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)
  • Going Viral (Potion, #3)
  • The House of New Beginnings
  • Theo
  • Moonshine
  • My Husband the Stranger
  • One Italian Summer
Carrie Hope Fletcher is an actress, author and singer-songwriter.

She played Eponine in the West End production of Les Miserables at the Queen's Theatre until February 13th 2016. She is the first actress to have played both young Eponine and older Eponine.
Fletcher went on to play Truly Scrumptious in the UK touring production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and Wednesday Addams in the UK touring produ
“To the voices in our heads that tell us we aren't good enough: do be quiet.” 12 likes
“You can't have rainbows without rain.” 2 likes