Start by marking “Look Alive Twenty-Five (Stephanie Plum, #25)” as Want to Read:
Look Alive Twenty-Five (Stephanie Plum, #25)

Look Alive Twenty-Five

(Stephanie Plum #25)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  30,361 ratings  ·  3,356 reviews
Stephanie Plum faces the toughest puzzle of her career in the twenty-fifth entry in Janet Evanovich's #1 New York Times bestselling series.

There's nothing like a good deli and the Red River Deli in Trenton is one of the best. World famous for its pastrami, cole slaw and for its disappearing managers. Over the last month, three have vanished from the face of the earth, the
Published November 13th 2018 by Putnam Pub Group

To ask other readers questions about Look Alive Twenty-Five, please sign up.
sublimosa I agree with Leesidge and Heather K. The language used has been consistent throughout the series-I stopped reading the in between the numbers books…moreI agree with Leesidge and Heather K. The language used has been consistent throughout the series-I stopped reading the in between the numbers books years ago, but they seemed tamer to me than the # series.
As for the jumping bed to bed, I think that started somewhere in books4, 5, or 6 if you mean her having sex with both Ranger and Morelli, although really, I think she has only had sex with Ranger a few times. If you mean her literally sleeping in her own bed, Morelli's bed, Ranger's bed, her old bed at her parents house and the numerous other places she ends up sleeping... Seriously, this is not the series you're looking for if you want a safe married couple relationship. Stephanie is so mild by comparison to most other characters out there these days.(less)

·  30,361 ratings  ·  3,356 reviews

Start your review of Look Alive Twenty-Five (Stephanie Plum, #25)
Allie
Mar 05, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
As you can see from my previous reviews (24, 23, 22, 21, and 20) I am not happy with the way this series has gotten terribly formulaic. The characters grew briefly only to be stunted back again one book later. No decisions are ever made. Cars are totaled, Lula dresses ridiculous, Grandma goes crazy, Stephanie's mom is tempted to day drink (as am I reading the newer books), Rex never ages, and Stephanie can't choose between Ranger and Morelli.

According to the synopsis it looks like she has a new
Cyndi
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok. Let me start out first by saying that I am a fan of these novels. Granted, the series started to slip when it tried to focus too much on the romance, but now we’ve decided to pretty much let that go. Steph is sleeping with the cop and Ranger slips in when he can find an opening. I’m not gonna hate on the girl ‘cause this is the fictional world and there are plenty of hot guys to go around.
What I really love about these books are the side stories. Lost cats, killer hens, Grandma and her
Jilly
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, t-s-t-l
Why do I keep reading this series? It jumped the shark so long ago that the shark has died - just like this series. And yet, I keep reading them. Library or free versions only. I'm stupid, but not THAT stupid.
It's not like I can't quit things. I'll quit the crap out of things that bore me or make me uncomfortable in any way. I have quit diets so many times that you would have to call me a professional yo-yo dieter. Like one of those freaks that gets really into yo-yos for some reason and can do
Lori
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
These books are like a snowglobe that you only unpack at Christmas. Nothing changes; happy 25th birthday, Rex.

description
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
UPDATE: $2.99 Kindle US 8/14/19

The Plum books will always get 5 stars!! I LOVE these books, more so in Audio! These are my go to books when feeling down! I love these characters, they feel like old friends!

I read once some person said Janet should stop writing these books! Well those people can kiss an arse. First off, who are you to tell an author what to do? Second, these books actually help people with depression and hard times. ANYHOO, loved it!

Mel
James
When Look Alive Twenty-Five from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich was published last fall, I devoured the remaining books I'd not caught up on yet. I was surprised to see it already available at the New York Public Library (NYPL) and requested it around Christmas. What a shock when I moved up to #1 in the waiting queue last week. Since I had only a few days to accept it, I happily jumped into the book and finished it within two days. It pushed back a few other items on my reading ...more
Sheri
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, 2018
I really enjoyed the latest book in the Stephanie Plum series. I found it to be such an engaging storyline that I didn’t even miss Grandma Mazur until her mention at the end. Maybe it was the new environment as Stephanie and Lula take charge of the deli, or maybe I just needed a few laughs and a lighthearted read at this busy time of year, but whatever the case I loved the change of pace.

While our favorite bounty hunters are up to their usual bumbling and hilarious attempts to capture FTAs,
Marie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bailed
Unfortunately, the continued deterioration of quality of this series has caused me to bail on the whole thing.

And I am so mad about it. I invested 23 books worth of reading time but, man, Hardcore Twenty-Four was just *so* bad that I find I no longer have the wherewithal to continue following Stephanie Plum on her wacky adventures. Additionally, Hardcore Twenty-Four made it clear to me that Ms. Evanovich no longer cares about Stephanie Plum beyond how much money this series makes her. Stephanie
Calista
I have read all the books up to this point and so I have a lot to compare them too. I enjoy reading this series, still after 25 books, because Janet and her characters make me belly laugh. I gave up ever getting an ending. This series will go on forever. I gave up Stephanie making a choice between Morelli and Ranger. I am in it to laugh and have fun.

This one didn't make me laugh. This story was a little tedious. I didn't like so much time spent in the deli, but I have to give it to Janet, this
Stacey
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok, I love this series. About 10 books back, I was frustrated that Stephanie couldn't make her mind between Joe and Ranger and maybe the series should be over. I've settled in and just love the characters and kicking back for some fluffy, predictable fun. Each new book brings more mishaps and funny dialog from Lula and Grandma Mazur.

Grandma Mazur was missing from this one, but Lula made up for it. This time Stephanie is going to be the manager of a deli where people are disappearing and replaced
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Didn't think I'd say it but I am starting to get tired of Stephanie. Maybe this time off I had before this book came out gave me some perspective or maybe 25 books of juggling the same two men got even me bored. I don't know. I still stand by #TeamRanger but at this point I'd be happy if she picks one and sticks with that choice. Knowing it's probably never gonna happen I expect the series to go on until it's year 2058, Ranger is a space cowboy, Morelli is a Man in Black and Steph put a turbo ...more
Cheri
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I will give all of the books from this series 5 stars because I love it! It's crazy, stranger than ever and makes me laugh :)
Lauri Saplad
This was my summertime virtual vacation book and it did not disappoint! I found myself giggling, snorting and, yes, laughing out loud! Hysterical antics, as always! Stephanie, Lula & the entire wacky cast of characters get themselves into some tight spots, but there's always humor, lots of junk food, miscreants, law enforcement & security personnel. The sexual tension between Steph, Morelli & Ranger has seemed to have evened itself out into an uneasy truce. Both men want to be sure ...more
Barbara
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it

In this 25th book in the comical 'Stephanie Plum' cozy mystery series, the bail enforcement agent gets involved with a series of bizarre abductions. The book can be read as a standalone.

*****

Stephanie Plum works as a bounty hunter for her cousin Vinnie's bail bond business in Trenton, New Jersey.

Stephanie and her sidekick Lula - a voluptuous former ho - are comically inept at picking up bail jumpers, but usually get the job done in the end.

As the story opens, Stephanie stops by the bail bond
Vicki Willis
This one was not a favorite of the series. I enjoyed it and will read the next, but this one was more focused on the mystery/crime and not so much on Stephanie's antics. There were definitely central things missing in the usual formulaic story - think Grandma, viewings, family dinners and things blowing up. I am also not a fan of Wulf ( or Diesal for that matter). This one had Ranger and Morelli, but her inaction has led to it feeling like she has chosen so there wasn't that back and forth play. ...more
K.J. McGillick
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I mean how could these books get any better? They do. I'm working my way through all of them.
Mayda
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, humor, cozy
Stephanie is the temporary manager of a deli and Lula is the expert sandwich maker. But the managers have a way a disappearing from this deli, and maybe Steph is next! Morelli and Ranger are taking turns protecting Stephanie, but from what or whom, they’re not sure. The characters are at their best in this humous adventure. To me, this series always delivers. It’s the hot fudge sundae of my book life: I know what I’m getting, it never strays too far from what I expect, it’s always a good treat, ...more
Sabine
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: usa-new-jersey, 2019
After a few disappointments I was so ready to give up on the Stephanie Plum books and then I got my hands on Hardcore Twenty-Four which I thoroughly enjoyed. This lead me to Look Alive Twenty-Five and....YES!!! ... it is another winner. I had a lot of fun with the story and of course it too is over the top but still not that much over the top that it would be so ridiculous that it would put me off.
I will stick with this series and hope for some more crazy fun to come.
Anita
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is so hard to review a book by an author when you have read and just love everything they write. "Look Alive Twenty-Five", for the most part, is a funky, fun mystery that follows the Stephanie Plum Series formula and it delivers in a lot of ways. It also misses in some ways too. The funky Lula is always a wacky diversion and she is just wonderful as the under appreciated Sandwich Diva who gives her customers what she creates for them, not necessary what they order. The hot, intense, off the ...more
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
I absolutely love Stephanie, her love triangle with Morelli and Ranger (I'm totally Team Ranger) and the entire cast of characters, especially Lula and Grandma Mazur.

I feel like #25 was missing some of the best parts of the series... Grandma Mazur was practically nonexistent, Stephanie spent almost no time at her parents house, she didn't even ruin a car. There wasn't even really any ridiculous situations that ended in disaster except for one. That's what makes this series so magical! I did
Emily
May 07, 2018 added it
These are so ridiculous, I don't even know why I'm adding this next one. But I know I'll read it, so I might as well have it on my list.
Angie
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I do see people who keep complaining about it follows the same formula and blah blah but honestly if you are reading book 25 in this series and don't realize by now that the books are the same over and over then I don't know what to tell you. I like these books because they are quick reads and fun. The make me smile and are really just fluff. Sometimes these are the type of books I need to read after reading something long and serious.

I feel like the series has totally found
Donna
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime-mystery
This is #25th book in the Stephanie Plum series. This one was just okay for me. I can't say anything new about this series that I haven't said before, so I'll keep this review short. I've read all of these books in this series.

I loved the first half of this series, but I've become bored with it. I like Stephanie, Ranger and Morelli but there is absolutely no progression, just antics....sometimes amusing, sometimes not. I think the author has recognized a gravy train and is intent on the ride.
Stephanie Anze
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Stephanie Plum is the new manager at the Red River Deli. The deli has a reputation for good food and missing managers. Their last three have dissapeared, leaving only one shoe behind. Now Stephanie is in charge, will she be next?

I will start by saying that this is my first Stephanie Plum book I have read. I am not familiar with the style, characters or overall story. Perhaps, if I was, my rating would be different. As it is, my rating is based solely on this book (as I see the overall series is
Skip
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Vinnie and the Hammer repossess the Red River Deli in Trenton, but the managers keep disappearing, leaving on a single sneaker behind. Stephanie Plum and her sidekick Lula are having a bad string of luck in apprehending folks who have skipped out on their bonds so Vinnie makes them work at the Deli. The two kitchen workers are funny, but both Ranger and Morelli are worried about Stephanie disappearing. And Wulf keeps popping in with interest in one of the missing managers. Not enough of ...more
Tiffany PSquared
Was it because I listened to this on audio instead of physically reading it that this one didn't zing me as much as other books in this series? Or maybe it was the addition of Wolf, who is annoying to me for reasons I can't fully explain.
I have been looking forward to this book since Hardcore Twenty-Four, and, if I'm being honest, I was underwhelmed. The book started off well enough -- favorite characters in their true forms doing wackadoodle things and actually achieving little or nothing.
Roman Clodia
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A demented Scooby Doo-alike plot but this is just so much fun! Lula and Steph are running a diner where the managers all disappear while taking out the rubbish, leaving a single shoe behind... and the scrumptious Ranger has a full role to play (though, sadly, a fully dressed one - apart from a tantalising few inches of perfect abs ) And don't even get me started on Lula and the chilli dog penis...! Brilliantly bonkers, the perfect cold weather antidote.

Many thanks to Headline for an ARC via
Jen
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
There were a few new turns in this book to the normalcy that is Stephanie Plum - however even with that being said it all went as expected.

I'm in too deep to stop reading these books so even though this was novel that erred on the forgettable side in the series, there were some sweet moments and one liners that made me laugh out loud or smile stupidly to myself.

I'm thinking "Quick Sticks Twenty Six" for next November?
Angela Verdenius
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Some Ranger, some Morelli, some Lula, Stephanie, a mystery and lots of laughs. A light read that's entertaining, not meant to be taken seriously, and is pure enjoyment! I can't wait for the next book!
Elizabeth Ireland
This sat on my night stand for quite a while but once I started reading, I couldn't stop. Janet Evanovich always does a great job with the mystery and the humor.
Janet Evanovich B...: Look Alive Twenty-Five 2 23 Aug 03, 2019 08:23PM
Janet Evanovich B...: Look Alive Twenty-Five out on 11/13! 15 77 Feb 09, 2019 09:18AM
Janet Evanovich B...: Look Alive Twenty-Five sounds delicious 23 74 Jan 10, 2019 05:22PM
Play Book Tag: Look Alive Twenty-Five 4 1/2 stars 2 14 Dec 20, 2018 01:03PM

• The 18th Abduction (Women's Murder Club, #18)
  • Target: Alex Cross (Alex Cross, #26)
  • Connections in Death (In Death, #48)
  • Chocolate Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen #24)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Long Road to Mercy (Atlee Pine, #1)
  • The Chef
  • Ambush (Michael Bennett, #11)
  • The Wedding Guest (Alex Delaware, #34)
  • A Delicate Touch (Stone Barrington, #48)
  • Liar Liar (Detective Harriet Blue, #3)
  • You Don't Own Me (Under Suspicion, #6)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • Christmas Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #23)
  • Redemption (Amos Decker, #5)
  • Dark Sacred Night (Harry Bosch, #21; Renée Ballard, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #31)
  • The First Lady
  • Wild Card (Stone Barrington, #49)

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
“Once again, the key to true happiness is lowered expectations.” 9 likes
“A gift card says I feel obligated to get you something, but I don’t care enough to put any effort into finding just the right gift.” 1 likes