Start by marking “All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)” as Want to Read:
All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)

All the Stars and Teeth

(All the Stars and Teeth #1)

Set in a kingdom where danger lurks beneath the sea, mermaids seek vengeance with song, and magic is a choice, Adalyn Grace’s All the Stars and Teeth is a thrilling fantasy for fans of Stephanie Garber’s Caraval and Sarah J. Maas’s Throne of Glass series.

She will reign.

As princess of the island kingdom Visidia, Amora Montara has spent her entire life training to be High
Published February 4th 2020 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about All the Stars and Teeth, please sign up.
Adalyn Grace It's high fantasy in a world entirely unique to our own, with multiple types of magic. There is definitely romance in the book, but it's not the…moreIt's high fantasy in a world entirely unique to our own, with multiple types of magic. There is definitely romance in the book, but it's not the driving force of the plot. Hope that helps! (less)
Untitled by Sarah J. MaasThe Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsUntitled by Leigh BardugoOne of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManusChain of Gold by Cassandra Clare
YA Novels of 2020
725 books — 1,802 voters
All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn  GraceAll Your Twisted Secrets by Diana  UrbanWhere Dreams Descend by Janella AngelesThe Loop by Ben   OliverA Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. Brown
YA Debuts 2020
130 books — 362 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
Tomi Adeyemi
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK YOU GUYS

I was lucky enough to read an early draft of this book because the and i LOVED IT

This epic sea adventure empowering as hell, exciting, bloody, and it takes no prisoners! It's also powerful--there are parts of this books that gave me goosebumps.

I can't WAIT to read the final draft and then I can't wait for everyone else to read it so we can geek out about it together!!

jessica
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
finally! a new YA fantasy release that i actually found to be entirely enjoyable. 2020 is finally looking up!

yes, its full of tropes and predictable material, but THE ADVENTURE! its fun, its fresh, its exciting. the entire journey of the story is what kept me hooked. it made me long for a life where i sail the seven seas, and i hate the ocean, so thats saying something. lol. with mermaids, pirates, legendary sea monsters, and blood magic, there is never a dull moment. yes, the adventure could be
Candace Robinson
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love pirates, but have been let down with a lot of the pirate-type books! However, here is one that totally changed my mind! I'll also add that the cover is one of my favorites of the year!

Amora was pretty freaking awesome! I easily connected with her and what she was going through and had to face! Then there were the boys! I loved Bastian and Ferrick, especially Bastion, though! And Vataea has my heart! She was vicious and lovable at the same time! The bond between the crew was one that I
Adalyn Grace
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
December 14th Edit

Pre order links and tour information is available! We're running a pre order campaign, as well, where you can get a signed bookplate and enamel pin. You can also get a beautiful art print when ordered through Mysterious Galaxy.

--CONTENT WARNINGS--

Now that ARCs are beginning to circulate, I also wanted to hop on here and talk about some of the content warnings in this book. Skip now, if you don't want to read them:

Violence and Death: There are 7 main forms of magic in this
Lola
This is a book you’re either going to really enjoy or really dislike. That’s because the storyline is predictable for the most part so if you don’t connect to the main character and don’t enjoy following her adventures then you’re going to feel like reading this book is pointless.

But if you’re curious about Amora Montara and want to see her ascend in the world, this is going to be a lot of fun. There is a lot of action and well-written dialog that kept me engaged. Plus, Amora is an ‘‘every girl’
arini ☆彡
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it

“i am amora montara, princess of visidia, and i will be the future high animancer. i am the right choice. the only choice. and i will protect my kingdom.”

this book is full of MAGNIFICENT characters and DANGEROUSLY FUN adventures. sadly, it didnt deliver. well, not quite. or maybe it's just me being awfully fussy considering this book is pretty hyped and the average rating as of now is relatively high. the bottom line is; im not as impressionable to ya fantasies as i used to, so for future
Chelsea Humphrey
All the cover love here! While my rating is middle of the road, I'd ask you to take my thoughts with a grain of salt, as I am NOT the target audience, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this book. I think it's more a case of right book, wrong reader, mainly due to my fickle mood lately and my having read so many pirate themed YA fantasy books in the past year. The writing was really well done and I have no doubt that the author is one we'll see many great things from in the years ahead. ...more
Tucker
May 26, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: reviewed
The cover is totally giving me Hazel Wood vibes and I can't evennn

***********

Caraval + Pirates = everything i've ever wanted

well, the maths never lie
Bre *B.B. Lynn Reads*
“You glare. Like something’s wrong, and you’re the only one who can fix it.”

All the Stars and Teeth is a fascinating story about a young girl’s journey to uncover the truth from the sea of lies she’s been told her entire life, while discovering where she fits in this new world.

“The world doesn’t work with only your eyes, Princess. There’s truth in more than what you can see.”

Amora has been sheltered and told what to do her whole life under the guise of protection. Sailing with Bastian is her
Adrienne Young
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adalyn Grace has delivered a phenomenal debut, filled with unexpected magic and a fiery female protagonist. Readers will fall hard for this high seas adventure!
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
✨Brithanie Faith✨
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, netgalley
5/5 stars

e-ARC provided by NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

It's official! All The Stars And Teeth is my first 5 star read of the decade! I had a feeling I would love this when I first heard the synopsis, but I had no idea just how much this book would mean to me!

If you've added this to your TBR's because one of your buzz-words is pirates, mermaids, or sea creatures- I don't think you'll be disappointed! The magic in this is also unique from anything I've
The Nerd Daily
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Nathalie DeFelice

I could not (read: would not) put this book down. From start to finish, I was hooked into this fantasy tale full of pirates, soul-magic wielding princesses, and mermaids! Amora was a riveting character, full of vicious determination and iron will. She’s not going to let fear keep her from saving her kingdom. Plus, if you like roguishly handsome pirates with a chip or two on their shoulder, then it’s safe to say you’re going to
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Fierce princess + pirates?

Well, I guess I'll just keep riding this train until it runs out of gas lol
Angelica
Jan 31, 2020 is currently reading it
I’m not gonna lie, I’m reading this because of the hype. Goodreads peer pressured me into reading it. I literally get an ad for it every time I open up the website.

I’m getting To Kill A Kingdom vibes and I’m living for it so far!

Don’t let me down Goodreads!
Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)
Thanks to Edelweiss and Imprint for an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

CW: general violence, menstruation, and sexism

I was totally surprised by this book! It was a great debut that swept me up into the world and, damn, I wish that the second book was already here because I wanna see where the second book goes.

Admittedly, my brain spaced out during the beginning stuff (which happens to me at times) so I missed some of the worldbuilding and the whole reason for the journey. I hadn't been
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Aaaaand this marks the beginning of my "2020" Goodreads shelf.
Isabel Ibañez
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I loved this bloody book—the main character is Scarlett O’Hara incarnate. Amora is fierce and able to take care of herself, and her magic is extraordinary. ALL THE STARS AND TEETH is a sweeping, magical tale filled with pirates, a whip smart mermaid, a princess thirsting to prove herself and protect her kingdom, and a soft cinnamon roll boy who captured my heart. Everyone is fleshed out, with engaging personalities and distinct voices.

And the magic. It’s different and bloody and
Jackie ϟ Bookseller
I received an ARC of this title via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

3/5 stars:

"Fear is part of life; all that matters is what we do with it."

Bloody, exciting, and magical, All the Stars and Teeth bursts with violent life, and death. When Princess Amora is imprisoned after losing control of her dangerous magic, she escapes with the help of a pirate, her stowaway fiancee, and a powerful mermaid. While Amora initially escapes with the intention to prove herself to her kingdom and regain
Madison Mary
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
"But even our idols - even those we want to love and trust more than anything - can let us down"

A rich debut fantasy with a vulnerable yet cut-throat cast of characters.

SUMMARY
The royal Montara bloodline has been both blessed and cursed with dangerous soul magic. Every generation, the crown heir must prove control over their magic in order to be accepted as the new High Animancer, or face death.
Amora has been training all her life to ascend the throne and claim her rightful place as High
Roobie
3 stars

The sea is a beast more fearsome than even the Lusca.
But we don't need to rule it. We need only for it to trust us.
Work with us.
Be partners.
I've finally been accepted.
rachel ☾
did someone say vengeful mermaids and blood magic?

Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Umairah | Sereadipity
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases
A bit disappointed... full review to come
Kelsey
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, from-publisher
***A big thank you to the publisher for providing a physical ARC and to Edelweiss for a digital ARC. My review is in no way swayed by this!***

Ok. So Wow. What a debut. Seriously..I can't wait for book 2!!!

Right from the beginning I was drawn in and so curious about the magic system. There are different islands and the islands represent different types of magic:
Arida: Soul magic
Valuka: Elemental magic
Mornute: Enchantment magic
Curmana: Mind magic
Kerost: Time magic
Suntosu: Restoration magic
Zudoh:
Lilly (Lair Of Books)
***ARC provided by Publisher in exchange for an honest review***

FULL REVIEW MAY ALSO BE VIEWED ON LAIR OF BOOKS

THE 411...

Honestly! the YA Fantasy I’ve been picking up lately has truly been keeping my internal flame for the genre. I just knew All the Stars and the Teeth was a MUST read for me once I heard mention of Pirates & Mermaids cause they happen to be my fave types of fictional characters. I was NOT expecting to love it as much as I did despite it featuring one hell of a unlikable
Leslie Ray
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is quite an imaginative book that is perfect for fantasy lovers. Princess Amora must fight her way to becoming queen. There are pirates, mermaids and especially imaginative world built on magic. This world in this book is built upon magic and each person has a magical gift which predetermines where they fit into the different magical realms that make up this world. The wonderful characters Adalyn Grace created in this book are spellbinding and I look forward to seeing more of them.
Cindee
I loved this book so much best pirate themed book I have ever read I loved everything about it and can't wait for the sequel. I loved the characters especially Amora and Bastian I loved the slower romance that developed between them it was a strong all consuming romance that you just can't help but root for. What I really loved about Amora was how strongly she wanted to save her people and was willing to do anything to accomplish that goal but it became so much more than that it ended up her ...more
Minx
Oct 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Why do I want to read this??

THIS, this is why:

"Picture Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road leading her own Pirates Of The Carribean Ship" - Tomi Adeyemi

Why yes, yes I will picture that and now I am utterly excited!!
karli
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5 stars!

Thanks to Edelweiss and Imprint for an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Every part of this book was so beautiful. I enjoyed it from the very beginning.

We follow the spoiled and almost ignorant Princess of Visidia right before the she is to be crowned the heir by passing a test of her soul magic. To say things go different than planned is an understatement and we find ourselves on a pirate ship sailing to the different islands of the county. By the way, all these islands with
Astrid Scholte
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and bloody. Vicious and charming. Dark and romantic. Let All the Stars and Teeth ensnare your heart and soul!
Unapologetic Roma...: Grace, Adalyn // All The Stars And Teeth 1 19 Feb 16, 2020 03:10AM

• The Shadows Between Us
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Woven in Moonlight
  • The Stars We Steal
  • Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood, #1)
  • Ashlords
  • Rogue Princess
  • Night Spinner (Night Spinner, #1)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Unwilling
  • The Seventh Sun (The Age of the Seventh Sun, #1)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • Red Hood
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
Adalyn Grace graduated Summa Cum Laude when she was 19-years-old. She spent four years working in live theater, and acted as the managing editor of a nonprofit newspaper. During and after college, she studied storytelling as an intern on Nickelodeon Animation’s popular animated show, The Legend of Korra (sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender).

Adalyn splits time between San Diego and Arizona with

All the Stars and Teeth (2 books)
  • Untitled (All the Stars and Teeth, #2)
“I shake Mira's hand away, letting the ship steal my attention. Its wood creaks with laughter as it settles onto the sand, mocking me.
The sounds sinks into my bones, and I wonder: If I cannot rule one ship, then how am I ready to rule an entire kingdom?”
0 likes
“One.
One more hour until I prove to Visidia that I'm meant to be their heir.
Two.
Two more hours until I'm engaged to a man I will never love.
Three.
Three more hours until I give the command to ready a ship to set sail tomorrow, and demand to know every secret about this kingdom that's been kept from me.”
0 likes