Start by marking “I Lost My Tooth! (Unlimited Squirrels)” as Want to Read:
I Lost My Tooth! (Unlimited Squirrels)

I Lost My Tooth! (Unlimited Squirrels)

Mo Willems, creator of the revolutionary, award-winning, best-selling Elephant & Piggie series, is back with another breakout beginning-reader series. This time, an ensemble cast of Squirrels, acorns, and pop-in guests host a page-turning extravaganza! Each book features a funny, furry adventure AND bonus jokes, quirky quizzes, nutty fact formats, and so, so many squir ...more
Published October 2nd 2018 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about I Lost My Tooth!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Lost My Tooth!

Hannah
Super cheesy little story about squirrels who don't know what it means to lose a tooth. The kids loved it, though, and laughed on almost every page.
Billie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
If a sugar rush were a book, it would be this book. It will appeal to its intended audience of emerging readers, but I miss the gentler tone and less frenetic pacing of the Elephant and Piggie books.
Mark Baker
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, picture-book
Zoom Squirrel has lost one of his front teeth. Once his friends understand his problem, they pitch in to help find it, especially when they learn it is a baby tooth! Can they find this baby (tooth) before it gets too frightened?

Fans of Mo Willems won't be surprised at the first two thirds of this book. It may introduce us to a new set of characters, but the storytelling, humor, and fun are classic Mo, including the easy to read dialogue driven action. I was trying hard not to laugh in public as
Becky

First sentence: I lost my tooth! Th! What did you say, Zoom Squirrel? Th! Th! Th! I lost my tooth, Th-ip Squirrel. What did Zoom Squirrel say?

Premise/plot: Zoom Squirrel has lost a tooth. His squirrel friends have a hard time understanding what exactly this means. Their confusion goes on for over fifty pages. They imagine first that Zoom's tooth is MISSING. Then when Zoom explains that it was a baby tooth, his friends get really emotional. A BABY tooth is MISSING.

My thoughts: I think I would lik
Melissapalmer404
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Book #90 Read in 2018
I Lost My Tooth by Mo Willems

This is a cute picture book, geared toward pre-school through 1st grade, that details losing a baby tooth using cute squirrels. This could definitely make kids feel better about losing their baby teeth. It's a cute read. I borrowed it from the public library.
Jillian Heise
There is a lot going on in these pages! It has a bit of a more frenetic energy than Elephant & Piggie, but is a great next step early reader for those who are ready to go beyond E&P. And it's funny. And full of emotions. And fun facts. And some corny jokes.
Lindsey
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids
This book made me kind of anxious? There was too much going on. I'm sure many kids will find it funny but I found it chaotic and I prefer the Elephant & Piggie books.
Rod Brown
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Frenetic humor with not a lot of personality. Perhaps unlimited squirrels is too many squirrels?

Mo Willems launches another graphic novel series for the youngest readers. I probably would have enjoyed reading this to my daughter when she was little, though not as much as Willem's Elephant and Piggie books. But I suppose this will do until Marvel gives Tippy-Toe a spin-off series from the Squirrel Girl books.
Becky
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mo Willems does it again! This new book, I Lost My Tooth, the first in the Unlimited Squirrels series, is wonderful!

It has a funny story, told via graphic novel style, includes nods to non-fiction text features, an introduction to the "emote-acorns", his version of emojis with acorns...so funny! He also includes basic facts via his research squirrel about teeth.

It's a wonderful introduction for young readers who are ready to move up a step from the Piggie and Elephant series although students o
Westminster Library
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kids love Willems' Elephant and Piggie books but for those kiddos who have outgrown the simple structure of those books and want something with more nuanced humor, this new series, Unlimited Squirrels definitely fits the bill. in this book, a group of squirrels discovers what it means to lose a tooth, needless to say it is an emotional rollercoaster. What I like about this book is that there is some information about teeth in general included as well. This is an excellent new series by Mo Willem ...more
Adele
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There were a few pages that seemed derivative of Willems' Elephant and Piggie series, but overall this book felt new and fresh. It is an odd melange of different things, but somehow all the elements work together and enhance each other. I liked the Emote-acorns. I liked the Fur Real quiz. I even liked at least one of the Acorny jokes. And best of all, this book made me literally laugh out loud. I look forward to more Unlimited Squirrels.
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018picturebooks
Very cute, complete with corny jokes at the end. My daughter is starting to be a bit too old for these, but, I'm sure she'll get a kick out of this anyways. It's adorable, exactly the kind of silly humor that kids understand and enjoy. Parents will probably like the couple pages of facts at the end.
Jordan Henrichs
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Not quite as memorable as Knuffle Bunny, Elephant and Piggie, or Pigeon, but it's still Mo Willems. There seemed to be a lot going on, but with squirrels as the main characters, maybe that is the point!
June
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Willems fans
Recommended to June by: Shelley
Slap stick easy reader with "Acorn-y" jokes" and "emote-acorns."
April
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Marybeth Themann, Katie Berling
Another great Mo book, the Pigeon even makes an unexpected appearance. This book was so corny, I just had to shake my head and laugh.
Kelli Gleiner
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
My five year-old and I just finished this, and he’s still giggling. Silly and fun, great for kids who’ve moved past the “Elephant and Piggie” books.
AMY
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Grades K-2
This book has lots of funny illustrations. It is a very silly book full of conversations and jokes. Elephant and Piggie fans will like it. It was just ok for me. Perfect for Grades K-2. Recommended.
DaNae
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
An informative, frenetic, and fairy-free celebration of an important childhood rite-of-passage - loosing baby teeth.
Brooklyn
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is a great start to a little reader! Comic just so you know
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Mostly I like this book. But I'm still not a fan of the characters "talking" about a book on the first few pages as if they are trying to get you to get excited about a book. I mean, at that point you have already opened the book. Just get on with the real story and don't do side-things just to point out that we are about to read a story that the characters obviously like. (Yeah, I didn't like the Elephant and Piggie Presents thing...just get on with the good books that are written without getti ...more
Jj
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappointing, on the whole. I expected more from Mo Willems with the start of a new series. The illustrations are, of course, funny and cute. But OH! The text is painfully unfunny and just goes on forever, and I do mean forever--at 85 pages, this book feels like it goes on for about 50 pages too many. The entire plot of the story is supposedly humorous but just comes off as cloyingly stupid. Yes, stupid. Children are not stupid, so please do not try to explain this away and say, "well, it's wri ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
I Lost My Tooth! By Mo Willems. EARLY READER Hyperion Books (Disney), 2018. $13. 9781368024570

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) – ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Zoom Squirrel looses his front tooth and all of his squirrel friends panic. His friends advise him on how not to loose his teeth in the future (including put a leash on it) and are thrown further into a panic when Zoom tells them it was a baby tooth. Eventually Zoom finds his own tooth and the other squirrels dote over the baby tooth. There ar
McKenzie Richardson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

Filled with facts and entertainment, this is an adorable book focused on teeth featuring some very funny squirrels. The main part of the book is a cute little story about Zoom Squirrel losing a tooth. There are other fun features in the book including "acorn-y" jokes, tooth facts with Research Rodent, and a little quiz with Quiz Squirrel.

As with Mo Willems' other series, this one is filled with hilarious and adorable illustrations.

Overall, a very e
Bekah
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: primary-k-2
I Lost My Tooth!
by Mo Willems
2018 (Early Reader)
I Lost My Tooth by Mo Willems is a humorous story about a squirrel who loses a tooth and the chaos and hilarity that ensues. Zap squirrel announces to the other squirrels that he has lost a tooth. The other squirrels go into a panic, and vow to find the lost tooth. They think the tooth is actually a person and all sorts of silliness occurs due to this misunderstanding. Also incuded in the book are sections with silly tooth jokes told by the squirr
Ames Public Library Youth Services
Oh. My. Gosh. Mo Willems does it again in EPIC storytelling style. How can I possibly love his books any more!? Not only are these squirrels absolutely adorable, but the format adds so much depth to the beginning reader collection. There's a super cute story, very reminiscent of Elephant and Piggie styles, but then the second half of the book is chalk full of (acorn-y) jokes, emote-acorns, nonfiction information about what was discussed in the story and plenty of child and adult appropriate bant ...more
Heather
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mo Williems is at it again.

Yes, I am an adult that has no children. Yes, I am reading a lot of children's books lately. For one thing, it's research for a children's book I am currently working on. Secondly, Mo's books are always so cute and funny.

NOW FOR THE REVIEW!

All that being said, this one was unlimited cuteness and fun. (See what, I did there?)

What I thought was really neat about this one that it went beyond the usual funny story line and actually added in some facts about teeth. I though
Penny Scherzer
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cvtc-kidlit
I'm a sucker for Mo Willems. I've been a huge fan since my start in the elementary library, and the Unlimited Squirrels do not disappoint. Full of humor, easy to read text, text bubbles for the young reader to follow and packed with active illustrations, this story is really a challenge to just starting out readers. I would save this one who has either chewed up all the Elephant and Piggie books (building that stamina) or has moved on to beginning chapters as the story is longer, with a section ...more
Skye
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Reading Level for this book: 7-10 Interest Level: 5-12

This was cute and funny like all of Mo Willems books. I really enjoyed that this also had a gentle and interesting introduction into non-fiction at the end. It is a nice way to expose children who think non-fiction is boring to the genre. I used this book when I taught my class about making connections when reading. It worked well for them because all of them had lost teeth themselves and they really liked sharing their silly tooth losing sto
Nadina
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First I read through "Elephant and Piggie", now we have "Unlimited Squirrels" and they are cute and funny.
I loved the additional features of this book in comparison to "Elephant and Piggie"
The jokes are definitely corny, and the research (or rather the facts based on the story) and the quiz (with facts) that line up with the theme of the story are a great addition.
I also liked the "emote-acorns" that were paired with some of the pages.
I liked the simplicity of the illustrations combined with
Lynn
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mo Willems has the key to giving beginning-readers the kingdom of books! This new series, Unlimited Squirrels, is hilarious and perfectly written and illustrated to assist and motivate beginning readers. Wonderful assists in the form of font, word choices, speech bubbles, and clearly aligned and very funny illustrations give beginning readers clues to decoding the text. Facts about teeth, squirrel and human and snort-inducing "a-corny" jokes are additional rewards.

I laughed out loud at this sill
  • The Good for Nothing Button (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #3)
  • The Itchy Book! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #5)
  • We Are Growing! (Elephant & Piggie like reading!, #2)
  • My Kite Is Stuck! And Other Stories (Duck, Duck, Porcupine)
  • Ballet Cat Dance! Dance! Underpants! (Ballet Cat, #2)
  • It's Shoe Time! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #4)
  • My Toothbrush Is Missing (The Giggle Gang, #4)
  • Charlie & Mouse (Charlie & Mouse, #1)
  • King & Kayla and the Case of the Missing Dog Treats (King & Kayla, #1)
  • What This Story Needs Is a Pig in a Wig
  • The Cookie Fiasco (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #1)
  • Ling & Ting Share a Birthday (Ling & Ting, #2)
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)
  • A Pig, a Fox, and a Box
  • Good Rosie
  • Good Night, Planet
  • Noodleheads See the Future
  • The Wall in the Middle of the Book
#1 New York Times Bestselling author and illustrator Mo Willems is best known for his Caldecott Honor winning picture books Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Knuffle Bunny: a cautionary tale.

In addition to such picture books as Leonardo the Terrible Monster, Edwina the Dinosaur Who Didn’t Know She Was Extinct, and Time to Pee, Mo has created the Elephant and Piggie books, a series of early r