Start by marking “The Long Class Goodnight” as Want to Read:
The Long Class Goodnight

The Long Class Goodnight

What would happen if the end-of-school bell never rang?

Meet Justin Monaghetti.
He is destined to be a loser.

His new school is terrifying. His only friend wants to run away forever. And he's just been given a detention for something he didn't do.

But Justin isn't going to accept his fate without a fight. To survive his first day of hi
Paperback, First Edition, 256 pages
Published April 1st 2018 by Five Mile

To ask other readers questions about The Long Class Goodnight, please sign up.
Shona Millward We waited until we knew someone going to Australia and asked them to buy a few - we've give some to friends and the school library. Really wish it was…moreWe waited until we knew someone going to Australia and asked them to buy a few - we've give some to friends and the school library. Really wish it was more easily available...(less)

Start your review of The Long Class Goodnight
Tansy Bradshaw
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The only downside of this book is that it doesn’t glow in the dark.
Sally
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh just how sweet is this. A gorgeous, truly gorgeous young adult novel that describes how we all know we've all felt at one point or another. Sammy J's comedic prowess is unarguable and it shines through here too, with the jokes coming thick and fast both for younger readers and with the odd one chucked in too for mum and dad who might be reading to the kids at bedtime - a very thoughtful addition. Also full of handy life advice for the youngsters, like how to break into the school canteen, for ...more
Shona Millward
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVE it! We need more originality in the world - just like this book! This book was classed as good (hahaha) on my shelf! Clara aged 9
I completely loved this book, sorry for the lack of originality but I did laugh out loud and couldn't put this book down. I would love to buy more copies of The Long Class Goodnight for birthday presents but they are not stocked in the UK (grump...) Shona aged 43
Emily G
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this little yarn. I grabbed it from the library and smashed through it in a few evenings. It's on my classroom library wish list for my year 3 class. The first chapter where Justin learns he is a loser had me giggling like a kid, the way you do when watching Sammy J at work. This will keep reluctant readers turning those pages and any parents reading along will get a laugh or two as well.
Bec
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love Anh Do's WeirDo books or Diary of a Wimpy kid and are ready for a bit more reading then this is the book for you. A funny story about being a looser, starting high school and trying to fit in. Can totally see this as a movie! We have brought two copies for our high school library and i already brought a copy for my cousin's boys.
Kyle
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is very interesting.
At the start when he had the assembly it was kind of everywhere but as soon as the class never ended it started getting interesting.
For once i actually enjoyed a book.
I recommend reading this if you like the presenter of ABC's Playground politics
Sally
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have an enormous crush on Sammy J. so when I saw this, I just had to read it, even though it's a little out of my age bracket.
Absolutely delightful, funny, quirky and totally engaging. I loved this.
Saf
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Tbh, I don’t know how I found this book on my e-reader (maybe borrowed the wrong ebook from my library lolz) but read the whole thing it was kinda funny, dumb and childish, but hey why i am complaining.. it has to be like this; since this book is for young reader!
Fiona Saunders
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loyola-2018
This is fast but funny read. Just could not put it down. Jokies have 2 levels to them fir both adults and kids alike. I will be dreaming of people driving desks in my sleep. Recommend this book to all those that want a laugh. Sammy J this book is fantastic.
Jessica Gallagher
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I actually found this to be a lot of fun, and a fast paced read : didn't take long at all.
Hung
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very charming fun tale. Reminds me of reading Paul Jennings in highschool.
Linda
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first day of high school can be scary, especially when you're a loser! This was a wonderful book about staying true to yourself no matter who tries to stop you. Great little read!
Samantha & Luke
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful read
Henry
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is really good for 10 to 12 years olds. At the start it was a bit of shock but you eventually got on track and it was a really good book. I give it a 4.5 star rating!😃😎🤓🧐
Luke Fitzpatrick
Jun 17, 2019
Melissa Keil
Feb 01, 2018
Tara Burton
rated it did not like it
Jul 14, 2018

• Missing
  • Stella the Unstoppable and The Talent Show Fiasco
  • A Drop of Hope
  • A Song Only I Can Hear
  • The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11)
  • The weather machine
  • His Name Was Walter
  • A Dream About Lightning Bugs: A Life of Music and Cheap Lessons
  • Dear Grandpa
  • Quark's Academy
  • Finding Granny: We never really lose the people we love ...
  • A Cardboard Palace
  • Toffle Towers 1: Fully Booked
  • Vincent and the Grandest Hotel on Earth
Sammy J (aka Sam Jonathan McMillan) first tried to get a book published when he was eleven years old, but received seventeen rejection letters. He then passed the time writing comedy songs, making TV shows, and touring the world as a comedian. Then he wrote another book – and this time, it got published.

His live shows have taken him from Edinburgh to Montreal and collected multiple awards along t
“If blending in was an Olympic sport, Justin Monaghetti would have won gold. He took comfort from this. Even at primary school, when kids called him names, they tended to go with ‘Justin Mona-spaghetti’, or other equally idiotic options. They never made fun of his face though – it had, as far as he could tell, no distinguishing features.” 0 likes
“Justin realised with dismay that his misfortune had provided a bonding opportunity for the rest of the class – nothing unites people more than making fun of a loser. Of course, Justin still refused to accept that he was a loser, but he had to admit he was doing a very good impression of one.” 0 likes