Start by marking “Crown of Embers (The Chosen #3)” as Want to Read:
Crown of Embers (The Chosen #3)

Crown of Embers

(The Chosen #3)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  216 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
“If it’s a war she wants, I’ll damn well give her one.”

Kiri Helena Solene may have gotten her Mate back, but that was just the beginning. The battle lines have been drawn and her nemesis has already struck the first blow.

Surrounded by her Circle, Helena’s power continues to grow. However, this time power alone will not be enough. To save the Chosen Helena must seek out the
Published May 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Crown of Embers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crown of Embers

Ashlee » Library In The Country
View review on my blog, Library in the Country

This copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

"There had been happiness here, but now all she could feel was the joy someone had taken in destroying it."

If you've been following my reviews for awhile, you'll know that this series is like my guilty pleasure. I adore Helena, Von, Ronan and the rest of the Circle and other supporting characters and am always looking to read more of their story. This installment did not disappoi
A
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
added after my first re-read

I can't believe this book made me cry again... I knew what was coming and was still reduced to tears... that's just good writing :) for more of my thoughts and feelings about this gem just keep reading to find my original review, cause I am going straight into the big finale :) I was lucky enough to get an eARC on my kindle :)

original review:

this book gave me all the feels... ALL OF THEM I tell ya!!! :) an absolutely phenomenal third book in a fantasy series that sto
Selene Kallan
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kiri Helena is a badass. And I want a Talyrian.
After that evil cliffhanger I couldn't wait to know what would happen, the wait was worthwhile.
A war is coming, and the Circle must look for unlikely allies. Rowena is not giving up, she is relentless in her dark purpose. So our heroes have a long and hard journey ahead of them.
There's heartbreak, new friendships, new badass characters and a lot of fire between Von And Helena. A must read.
Hailey Stalter
Once again this series has blown me away with just HOW GOOD IT IS. It's what I believe is referred to as "New Adult", given the language at times and sexual content but DAMNIT it's done so well and so much better than so many others given the same title. I'm shocked that this series isn't getting more attention, honestly.
In this installment we find Helena and her Circle searching for the fabled lost tribes, Talyrians, Stormbringers and more. We get to see a wider scope of the world that Meg has
Teri
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well now. I am trying to get my words together as I type which is probably not a good thing but this book just left me all fired up and ready to go!! Nope it isn't over yet so don't get comfortable cause it's on like donkey kong!! OK without giving any spoilers I will tell you this: They are cock blocked (wait til you see what blocks them) so the bond hasn't been completed. There's plenty of action so you don't get a chance to breathe. There is loss, and new friends. Lines will be drawn and alli ...more
Shelly Wygant
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well in this book we get to find out what is in the box. It was not at all what I was expecting. (Yes you need to read the first two books before you read this one). This series just keeps bring more surprises and angst. There are moments in this book that will bring you to your knees. I loved that you got to know more of tribes as Helena sets out to find allies. You get to see their world and the book is so well written you will feel like you are there. As everyone prepares to go out against Ro ...more
Cynthia Carpenter
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Helena and Von are back together in the 3rd book of this series. From one to the next this takes on a journey to help Helena and her circle find the allies they need to defeat Rowena and her army. From one place to the next meeting different races and finding new friends. From one emotion to the next you won't be able to stop reading it. When one of them who be left standing to continue on with what's to come. I was laughing, crying I couldn't put it down. Amazing read that will rip your heart a ...more
Atlanta Whitlock
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read the other two books in this series then you’ll know that at the end of the second book you was left on the cliff-hanger of what was in the box… After reading it myself I just wanted to know and was intrigued to find out as honestly Meg Anne could have put anything and either way it wouldn’t have been expected. She honestly has such a powerful mind so when it came to be revealed what was in the box I was honestly shocked as the direction Meg could have gone in was endless. There’s ...more
Polly Barreto
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You will need tissues by the time you finish this book, so have them at the ready!

This series just keeps getting better and better! At the very begging of this story we finally learn what was in the box from the cliffhanger at the end of “Reign of Ash”. The opening and discovery of the contents of this box has sent Helena on the warpath and has vowed revenge on Rowena.

Kiri Helena and her Circle (Von, Darrin, Kragen, Joquil and TImmins) are more than determined to see Rowena and her army of Shado
Laura LoveMuffin
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Mother of Shadows!! There are not words to do this book justice! I thought I already loved this series as much as possible but this book proved that wrong. It sucks you in right along with the characters, you feel all of their triumphs, losses, pain, joy, love, and loyalty. The twists and turns will leave your head spinning. I will be absolutely beside myself waiting for more of this story!!
Carla
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carla'a Five Star Review

Kiri Helena Solene has been reunited with her mate, but that is just the beginning. Her nemesis, Rowena, has struck the first blow, and battle lines have been drawn.

Helena has her Circle, and her power continues to grow. However, her power won't be enough. She realizes that in order to stand a chance at defeating Rowena, she must seek out The Forsaken tribes and do everything in her power to enlist their help. Sounds easy, right? Wrong. The tribes that fall under the Fors
Book Addict
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow...just wow! We finally get to know what was in the book and there was no way I would have guessed what it was! This just shows the talent that Meg has in writing her book! Her writing truely captivated the reader and captures their attention all the way through. In this book Helena has her husband back and I love these two together..they are truely power as a pair and were meant to be! Kiri also has her circle but she needs more to support her against Rowena. Rowena is purely evil and will s ...more
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Gah how Meg does it I don’t know but again I was completely enraptured by the characters and all the ongoings in this amazing series! I have grown to love all the characters in this amazing adventure and can’t wait to get my hand on more!!

I seriously need a real life Vonn just going to through that on there!
Angela
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet again Meg Anne has transported us into a world of Magic and danger with this third installment of The Chosen Series. This is NOT a stand alone. You must have already read the first two books in the series to have the full reading experience.

Crown of Ember picks up right where we left off with the question we have all been asking since the end of book two, what's inside the box! Now that Helena and the Circle are not reunited you would think that they are stronger than ever, but we are all w
Amanda Gibson
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story! It picks right up from the last book and spins a brilliant tale you’ll want to devour!
Ser Aphim
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love where Meg Anne went with this. The world building is really cool, and I want me a Talyrian :D
It's full of laugh out loud humour, which helps to offset the rest of the range of emotions that you'll feel reading this book! It definitely leaves you wanting more as well. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!
Izzybear
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have loved Helena, Von and their friends since book one but I especially love Helena and Von. If possible this new addition to their story has me loving them even more. The two just have so much love and devotion for each other. It’s apparent in everything they do. In the way they lend strength, give encouragement & support, their soothing touches and playful banter with one another. It’s both beautiful and touching in a story riddled with sadness and turmoil.

This part of Helena, Von and t
Tracey Lynch
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book of the series and I can only use one word to describe it wow. You need to read the books in order to get the full effect of the amazing story and the characters. Helena manages to get back her mate after the kidnapping but before she can get her breathe, her worst enemy Rowena has delivered a box to her which is the cliff hanger at end of book 2. We find out what is in the box and Helena realises that her nemphis is one step ahead of her and she needs more power so must hu ...more
C.J. Santiago
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cry and rejoice......

Helena just got Von back when Rowena did the unthinkable. She murdered Anderson and sent his head to Helena as a gift. Darrin and Helena grieved thoroughly, while promising to kill that betraying phony. They seek out the Forgotten to ask them to join the fight. Miranda accompanied them on the journey. The Circle stands together, with Ronan an integral part of the team.

The find part of the Fallen and learn sometimes about on of the Circle. Darrin and Effie get close and Ronan
Gretchen Chasse
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This it the third installment of Meg Ann's series in the Chosen series, I was not disappointed. Meg Ann has an incredible way with words and will drawn you in to her world form the very first chapter. I highly recommend reading the first two books first or you will be a bit lost (and of course missing out on some phenomenal writing). This book picks up where the Reign of Ash left off.....what is in the box? Now the Helena has her mate Von back, will she be able to make all right in their world? ...more
Paula
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stepping back into the world of Elysia and Helena, Von and the Circle is like coming home to family. Helena has become stronger and much more confident but retains her wonder. Von’s love for Helena is sweet and steamy but Von shows his warrior status. As the Circle travels through Elysia looking for ally’s in the battle against the Corruptor we journey with them and meet many of the inhabitants of this wonderous place.
Thi
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this up front. I am not much of a fantasy genre reader but this series has me enthralled. I am so invested now in the out come. I am completely gutted. Every time I keep thinking that Rowena will be bested, another out come happens. One step forward, two steps back. I can’t not wait for the conclusion. I do not think my heart can take anymore. Excellent series! I highligh recommend.
Kimberly
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The more I read the more I am drawn into this story!! I love all of the characters and the relationships between each one! There's no way to even guess what's going to happen and this is one of those books that you just can't put down!

Towards the end of this book i was feeling depressed and wanted to cry like a baby, like I had lost someone i loved dearly! I cannot wait for the next book to find out what happens next!
Jenni Copeland Belanger
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book 3. this ending OMG!!! I am dying for book 4 now! this book was a roller coaster. there is so much going on that i could not put it down for the 3.5 hours it took me to read it. i would not answer my phone or family. I was hanging on for this ride. THIS IS NOT EVEN A GENRE I USUALLY READ but OMG i am hooked!
Tina
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This book was very good and a good continuation to the series. The characters come to life and you can’t help but fall into the story. There were some minor grammar errors. Also a few flaws in the story that kept it from being five stars. Otherwise, this is a very well told story.
Hanleigh Bradley
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! If you haven't read this book/ series you are seriously missing out on one amazing piece of art! It's captivating, soul destroying and absolutely magical. You will love the characters and their world. Let yourself get lost in a little bit of literary fiction for a small moment with perhaps the best fantasy author I've had the pleasure of reading.
Tiera McMillian
This one was better than the second one which seemed to drag along, however I think I’m done with the cliffhangers, and the poor pitiful me act. I’m ready for her to go bonkers on that queen and it’s taking to long. Not sure if I will stick with this series or not as the 4th book isn’t out yet and who knows how long it’s going to drag out.
Heather
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crown of Embers continues the story of Helena and Von as Rowena tries to take control of the kingdom. We’re introduced to more of the outlying lands and the people who inhabit them as Helena tries to recruit more of an army. Story keeps developing. Enjoyed this book more than the last as lots happening even if we do start to lose characters.
Heather Endsley
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
But wait, there’s even move coming

Ugh that ending!!! I can not wait for book 4. Rowena messed with the wrong woman. The loss of loved ones, the growth of the bond. This story has a lot of highs and lows. This one brought me to tears. Kudos to the author for giving me the feels. This has been one hell of a journey so far.
Amber Wilt
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Death, destruction and deliverance

Kiri Hellena faces huge challenges in this third installment. Her predecessor faked her own death and has been on a mission to tear apart her inner circle and bring darkness to the realms. Helena stops at nothing to protect the ones she loves... A very good book 👍 Can't wait for the next one!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Meg Anne has always had stories running on a loop in her head. They started off as daydreams about how the evil queen (aka Mom) had her slaving away doing chores; and more recently shifted into creating backgrounds about the people stuck beside her during rush hour. The stories have been there, they were just waiting for her to tell them.

Like any true SoCal native, Meg enjoys staying inside curled

The Chosen (4 books)
  • Mother of Shadows (The Chosen, #1)
  • Reign of Ash (The Chosen #2)
  • Queen of Light (The Chosen #4)