Start by marking “Blood Echo (Burning Girl, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Echo (Burning Girl, #2)

Blood Echo

(Burning Girl #2)

A conspiracy that promises bloodshed and the only woman who can stop it collide in the page-turning thriller by Christopher Rice, Amazon Charts bestselling author of Bone Music.

Kidnapped and raised by serial killers, Charlotte Rowe suffered an ordeal that made her infamous. Everyone in the world knew who she was. But no one in the world has any idea what she’s become…

Charl
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: February 19th 2019 by Thomas & Mercer

Win a Copy of This Book

• Blood Echo by Christopher  Rice
    Blood Echo (Burning Girl, #2)
    Release date: Feb 19, 2019

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 414 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 22 - Feb 18, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Blood Echo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Echo

Chelsea Humphrey
    Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Recommended to Chelsea by: Dennis
    Earlier this year, I had begun to grow weary from consuming thriller after thriller after thriller. Each action packed novel I picked up seemed less exciting and more "been there, done that, and got the t-shirt". Had I just devoured my lifetime fill of novels in that genre? Turns out, the answer is no, I just needed someone as clever is Christopher Rice to churn out a new genre bending series to re-ignite my flame for all the things that get my heart racing.

A little backstory in case you're new
    Judy
    Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I originally started reading books by Christopher Rice because I've read all the books by his mother, Anne Rice, and I wanted to see what kind of writer her son would be. The more he writes, the more his talent grows. The books become more complex and interesting.

When I picked up this book I wasn't aware that it was the second in a series - but it didn't matter because it was good all by itself. I like the characters Charlotte and Luke. The Cole character's pretty good too - but maybe dark side
    Dennis
    One of my favorite novels this year was Christopher Rice's Bone Music. I fell in love with the story, the characters, and the realistic vibes of the supernatural that I've never seen before. This review will not be about Bone Music, but I just needed to make that disclaimer before I move on. If you haven't picked up Bone Music yet, do not read Blood Echo .

Blood Echo picks up right where we've left off. Charlotte (aka Charley—sometimes I will go back and forth with the naming of this character
    Kendall
    Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
    Blood Echo by Christopher Rice was a very fast paced moving story that keeps you on your toes!!

The plot involves a corrupt pharmaceutical company that has been involved in some shoddy shenanigans. So many drugs that are being experimented with that are insane!! Charlotte was the result of one of their experiments which gave her superhuman powers of strength and regenerating wounds.

There is a serial killer around the town that needs to be stopped along with tons of other action. Although, since
    Carolyn
    Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
    Thank you NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for this fast paced techno-thriller. The plot moves quickly and involves a shadowy, ethically corrupt pharmaceutical company. It is experimenting with some futuristic drugs, going far beyond ones which will alleviate illness. Some of its other projects seem objectionable. Charlotte is the heroine and the result of one of their experiments gave her superhuman strength when she is feeling fear and also the power to regenerate wounds. There is also a seri ...more
    Crystal Steele
    Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: netgalley, favorites
    The first book in this series was one of my favorite reads of last year. I read lots of suspense/thrillers and they can become very cookie cutter after awhile. This series has that little something that makes it stand out.

A little back story....Charley Rowe was abducted and raised by serial killers who murdered her mother when she was just an infant. After her rescue, her father exploited Charley's story with book deals, movie deals and any other way he could make a buck off of her terrible past
    Angela
    Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Thank you netgalley for providing this book! <3

For book #2 of the Burning Girl series, the plot continues from the book #1 (Bone Echo) where Charlotte Rowe agrees to work with Cole. In the second book, the focus is more on Cole , and I learned more about his character. The character development of Cole is explained through his words, actions, and thoughts. He seems to be a cold person, but there is a deeper reason behind it.

I could not put the book down and read it during every spare moment I
    Allison
    Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I loved Christopher Rice’s first novel in this series, Bone Music. I highly recommend that you read Bone Music prior to Blood Echo. There are some references to the past to help set the scene but not enough to fully understand the characters and story.

Blood Echo is a fast-paced novel about a pharmaceutical company that developed a drug that only has worked in one person, Charley. Charley has teamed up with the company to use her super strength to hunt down the world’s worst criminals. After a m
    Ebony
    Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
    You definitely need to have read the first book in this series “Bone Music” in order to truly understand the characters and the back story in “Blood Echo”.
    This book opens a few months after the end of book 1. Charley is attempting to have some type of a normal life with Luke and the rest of her rag-tag family, while also working with Cole and his pharmaceutical company to use her new powers for good. But it’s turns out harder than Charley thought to be a “superhero” and a normal girl, especially
    Donna Hines
    Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
    Shelves: arc, netgalley
    You may know her name but do you know what she's become?
    Charlotte was raised by kidnappers and serial killers and now she's up against a conspiracy that threatens the lives of everyone around her.
    Charlotte is a weapon, a powerful experiment, under direction of a major drug pharmaceutical company that seeks to eliminate the worst predators on the planet.
    Charlotte was chased to California under threats of harm and now she simply wants to be in the arms of Luke the town's sheriff deputy.
    This town a
    Torie
    Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I was so excited to get an advanced copy of this book. I loved Bone Music.

Charlotte Rowe was raised by serial killers and was given medicine to help her track down killers. There were so many question after the first book. Would there be effects from the medicine she was given after taking it a few times? What would happen with her relationship with Luke?

This book did not disappoint! Christopher Rice did an excellent job with this follow up to Bone Music. Cannot wait to read more of his work
    Geri
    Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
    Courtesy of Netgalley......

I read the first book a few months ago and really liked it. I looked forward to the follow up. This was a great read.

The POV changes from Charlie to Luke to Cole and then occasionally to a killer. This book gave a bigger portion to Cole. It gives further background on his story and where his loyalties lie?

Charlie.... all I can say is that she reminds me of she-hulk but still in control of her state of mind.

I look forward to reading more in this series.
    Tarrah Marie
    Sep 03, 2018
    John Amory
    Nov 26, 2018
    Up All Night Book Addict
    Jan 19, 2019
    Sharon
    Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I feel very mixed about this book and partly I think this is due to my not having read the first book which I think is necessary to really enjoy Blood Echo. I liked it, but, found parts of it confusing and hard going.

The storyline is excellent, a serial killer survivor works with a group of people in order to track other killers and she's well able to do this, thanks to her superhuman strength, due to a drug being tested by a pharmaceutical company. I enjoyed the premise and the characters, I ju
    Dasca
    Nov 07, 2018
    Sue Blanchard
    Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Thankyou to NetGalley, Thomas and Mercer and the author, Christopher Rice, for the opportunity to read an advanced readers copy of Blood Echo in exchange for an honest, unbiased opinion.
    I thought the storyline was well thought out and written. I found myself immersed into the story, a feeling that I love. I found the characters engaging. Will definitely be reading more from this author.
    Well worth a read for fans of the genre.
    D. E.
    Marianne
    Sep 23, 2018
    Annarella
    Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    An amazing read. I was hooked since the first pages and couldn't put it down.
    It's engaging,entertaining and thrilling.
    I loved the well developed characters and the plot.
    I will surely read the previous book in this series and look forward to reading another one by this author.
    Highly recommended!
    Many thanks to Thomas & Mercer and Netgalley for this ARC
    Tim Kitchen
    Jan 07, 2019
    Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Blood echo does not disappoint. Charley starts out hunting down a killer but ends up with a lot more trouble closer to home.

I highly recommend this series.
    Mrs T Earnshaw
    Jan 01, 2019
    Kristi Gibbs
    Sep 01, 2018
    Mohamed Lotfy
    Sep 14, 2018
    Christopher Rice is the recipient of the Lambda Literary Award and is the New York Times bestselling author of A DENSITY OF SOULS and the Bram Stoker Award finalists THE HEAVENS RISE and THE VINES. He is the head writer and an executive producer of "The Vampire Chronicles", a television show based on the bestselling novels by his mother, Anne Rice. Together they penned RAMSES THE DAMNED: THE PASSI ...more

Burning Girl (2 books)
    • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)