Start by marking “Color: A Workshop Approach” as Want to Read:
Color: A Workshop Approach

Color: A Workshop Approach

This new text connects color theory with its practical application in two-dimensional visual disciplines--graphic design, illustration, painting, textile art, and textile design. Fundamental color concepts are explored in a series of sixteen painted studies that guide students through a variety of color experiences. The lesson sequence moves logically from basic structural ...more
Published July 28th 2004 by McGraw-Hill Education

To ask other readers questions about Color, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Color

Tori
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, and referenced it often in college. It’s wonderful for those interested in color theory. It’s very comprehensive.
Tran
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: design
Painters would benefit quite a lot from this book, as it discusses the mixing method of colours and all examples are paintings. Nevertheless, designers can also enjoy the book as they are introduced to various colour concepts.

"While the book can simply be read as a general guide to color, its value will be most fully realized by those who take the time to do the color assignments. They were developed and tested over a 12-year period at the Rhode Island School of Design with graphic designers, p
Yasemin Gyford
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Celine
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating read although I've had to read some pages several times to absorb it all - not a breeze. I am sure itniwll improve my painting.
Jadwiga
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jeżeli masz związek z malarstwem, grafiką, projektowaniem wnętrz czy ubrań i chcesz zgłębić zagadnienie koloru polecam tę książkę. Autor w tej książce nie tyle wykłada teorię koloru co prowadzi warsztaty kolorystyczne. Każdy rozdział to omówienie innych właściwości koloru i precyzyjne dobrane ćwiczenia pomagające zrozumieć omawiane zależności. Ćwiczenia wykonywane są gwaszem, ale jest również rozdział poświęcony ćwiczeniom kolorystycznym na komputerze. Polecam osobom zainteresowanym tą tematyką!
Erika Mulvenna
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
This book includes some of the most intense set of color study exercises I've ever seen, from basics in mixing colors to color interactions, principles, and combinations. The back of the book includes a great illustrated glossary of color terms, and a short chapter on color perception. A good book for fine art or design students, but way too much information for someone just beginning to learn about color theory.
David Littman
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is indispensable for artists in any medium. Every page is filled with useful information on color relationships, interactions, as well as tips on color mixing. Before reading this book, I was completely lost when it came to color, but now I'm quite confident in my abilities to use color in my art.
Hariharan
ITS NICE
Jeffrey
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The very best and most comprehensive book on color theory I have ever read... and I own many.
Widyoseno
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: design
Comprehensive book for those who has huge interest in colour study
Gina Mcandrew