Start by marking “Initiation (Hunters' Watch Brigade, #1)” as Want to Read:
Initiation (Hunters' Watch Brigade, #1)

Initiation

(Hunters' Watch Brigade #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Hunters' Watch Brigade, Book 1

It’s never just another day at the office . . .

Demigod Samantha Silverton, a full-time monster hunter in the Hunters’ Watch Brigade, is on a mission with her familiar, Max, to hunt down a scorned mermaid when she finds out she has bigger fish to fry. Her mother—a powerful witch—has been abducted. And the most likely villain is her mother’s en
ebook
Published March 9th 2018 by ImaJinn Books

To ask other readers questions about Initiation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Initiation

Cassandra
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! When I can I will be collecting this book, and I’m really hoping this is a series because I need more!

The cover is what attracted me to the book! Love it!

This is my first time reading a book by Paula Millhouse, and she has intrigued me that I will be checking out more of her books
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy:

So many things that rubbed me the wrong way about INITIATION that I nearly gave up a few times. In a paranormal romance, you need to like, or at least understand, the main couple. But, Sam and Max’s relationship confused me. Some of the characters were just cardboard cutouts and there were several significant issues that bordered on sexual assault. Sometimes, a strong and competent female lead is not enough to save a flawed book.

I’m not spoiling anythi
Bibliophile Angel
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HWB

HWB: Initiation is an exquisitely written, ponderous novel that visualizes the women of today: Women are no longer a damsel in distress, and they no longer need saving. A truly remarkable literary piece you would love from beginning to end.

Hunter’s Watch Brigade: Initiation written by Paula Millhouse is a story revolving Sam, a demigod who works in Hunters’ Watch Brigade, together with his familiar, Max—a cat that lives to protect and unknowingly, loves her. Something unexpected happened to S
Douglas Meeks
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Let me say up front that I gave this barely 4 Stars because I really enjoyed the story BUT the writing stalled on me several times and caused me to scan many pages to get to a exceptionally good ending.

Our heroine in this story Samantha Silverton is a bit of a demi-god since her father is Poseidon (which means she gets a really cool magical trident for a weapon) which gives a lot of good times to this story, the subplot of sorts has more to do with her feline familiar (who is basically the hero.
Tracie Runge
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
Hunters' Watch Brigade: Initiation is the first book I have read by Paula Millhouse and I found it a quite enjoyable read. I enjoyed the characters and the storyline and would read more by this author
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
What initially drew my interest to Hunters’ Watch Brigade: Initiation was that I was intrigued by the synopsis for the book. I wanted to know how a romance could work between a human who was half-witch, half-god and a familiar who was a cat. Max may of had the potential to be more but as of the start of this book, he was a cat 🤣. Max was a crack-up and a half. He was extremely possessive of his Samantha, as well as a huge pain in the butt to the management of the Hunters’ Watch Brigade, he was h ...more
Bonnie Gill
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow! I loved everything about this book. I couldn’t put it down.
The story opens with Samatha, who is Poseidon’s daughter, fighting a man-killing mermaid. Her weapon is a badass trident. It’s super cool.
Max is a talking Maine Coon cat and also her familiar. He tries to keep her out of trouble but it doesn’t work. He eventually shifts into a hot guy, and Sam falls for him. The romance is sweet and the love scenes are hot. Max also has a cool superpower to help Sam.
Shade is the head honcho o
Heather andrews
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Max takes his duties to Sam very seriously, “not that I’ve identified yet,” Max said, his voice steady, purposeful. “But I’m watching you.” I liked Sam girl knew how to manage her father, “easy, Dad.” She looked up toward the surface. “Good gods. You could cause an earthquake with that thing. Tidal waves. Typhoons.” Sam could be quite cheeky, “does this something have something to do with making love? Because if not, I’m really not interested,” Sam said. He smacked her bottom playfully..." I lov ...more
Susan Underbrink
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A big thank you to NetGalley and Bell Bridge for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. I found this an interesting story. I loved the trident. I didn't love the leads Samantha or Max. They could have stayed friends I just didn't get the in love vibe. I rate it a 3.5.
Boundless Book Reviews
This book combines two of my favorite things; supernatural and a strong woman. I like Max immediately. The book was hard to put down from the first chapter; I love that!

Hunters’ Watch Bridge: Initiation is well written; adventurous and an all-around fun read!  I love the banter and relationship between Sam and Max. The entire book was a smooth and quick read; I recommend it to all readers.

I rate it 5 Boundless stars and will be looking for more by Millhouse.

htt
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Hunters' Watch Brigade: Initiation is the first book in the Hunters' Watch Brigade series, that deals with witches, vampires, demi-gods, shifters, and all other paranormal personnel.

Sam is a sassy, sometimes cheeky, female who is confident in herself and her abilities. Her father is Poseidon, and she has an easy relationship with him, even though she doesn't understand why he didn't stick around when she was a child. Max is her Maine Coon familiar (yes, she's also part witch). Max is more to her
Rea
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
I got this as a recommendation from an author whose work I've enjoyed in the past. Unfortunately, Initiation was most certainly not a hit for me.

I didn't really like the main character. Sam is supposed to be a strong, independent female, but I found that she irritated me a lot of the time. When her familiar, Max, shifts to human form and the two plunge headfirst into a really awkward relationship, it got even worse. Both characters have PoV sections, and they'd both go on and on about their feel
Loredena
rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2018
Jason
Mar 12, 2018
Tammy Thompson
rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2018
Katelyn
Jul 24, 2018
Emma
Aug 01, 2018
For more information about Paula's books visit her website @ www.paulamillhouse.com

Paula Millhouse writes books where fantasy, romance, and suspense collide.

Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, where Spanish moss whispers tales in breezes from the Atlantic Ocean, as a child she soaked in the sunshine and heritage of cobblestones, pirate lore, and stories steeped in savory mysteries of the south.

Hunters' Watch Brigade (2 books)
  • The Game (Hunters' Watch Brigade, #2)