Start by marking “Everglades” as Want to Read:
Everglades

Everglades

NEW EDITION

Photojournalist Kayli Heddon is sent on an airboat safari for a photo essay and gets stranded deep in the Everglades with her ruggedly handsome guide. She is forced to learn some tough lessons -- namely, trust means everything in the dangerous River of Grass and a skilled partner can make all the difference in her survival.

Skye Landers takes the airboat safari
Published January 30th 2018 by Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc (first published May 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Everglades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everglades

Andi
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a good clean romance
Recommended to Andi by: Petie McCarty!
via emmebooks.wordpress.com

Who needs more I ask? ME! I want to read more about the interesting characters. Today I received a signed cover of this book from the author and I am tickled to pieces to have one!! Despite me calling her and telling her it was all her fault that I was exhausted for two days. I stayed up waaaaaaay too late reading her book. Have you had one of those books? You just would read a few more pages to find out what happens? Next thing it is midnight and work is the next day?
B.J. Robinson
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt like I was riding on an airboat through the river of grass in the Florida Everglades with Kayli Heddon. The author does a wonderful job with detail and description that pull you right into an adventure with Kayli Heddon, a photo journalist who takes a tour boat journey with Skye Landers, a Seminole Indian guide, or so she thinks. Throw Clay Jameson, a shallow, self-serving, political guy into the mix. He insists over and over that Kayli is his girlfriend, but no matter how many times he s ...more
Irene S
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love and Danger in the Everglades…Kayli, a photographer working for the governor, is shooting pictures of the beauty of the Everglades. Skye, doing a favor for his cousin, is the guide on this trip. Both of them are strong proud personalities that conflict many times. In the Everglades, they find danger from an unexpected source and learn to work together. I receive a free copy of this book from eBook Discovery. This is my honest and voluntarily given review. I really liked this suspenseful rom ...more
Caira Benson
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful read! The writing pulled you in immediately. The descriptions were so well written you actually felt like you were on an airboat in the Everglades. The action and adventure kept you turning the pages for the entire read. Romance is in the air too, but it doesn’t overshadow characters or events. I literally stayed up all night finishing this one!!! I will definitely be reading more by this author!!

I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily review this b
A. McCarty
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and found within the pages a story that kept me engaged page after page - word after word. The story found within these pages was one I haven't encountered in any other book before. The characters are relatable. Basically it is easy to see myself hanging out with the characters and within the story.

I loved it and look forward to many many more reads from this author.

I, Amber McCarty (Imaginative Dreams), was given a copy for an honest review.
Stephanie Burkhart
McCarty pens an intriguing tale of adventure and love with "Everglades." Kayli Heddon is a photographer on a mission, but will her Seminole guide, Skye Landers, derail her planned out life?

Set in the Florida everglades, Kayli is given an assignment by her uncle, the governor – capture the beauty of the everglades. He has a proposal to help the everglades environment. Upon her arrival, Kayli meets her guide, Skye Landers. Kayli and Skye share an instant attraction, but both try to deny it.

Kayli
lovestoread5
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Petie McCarty is a new-to-me author and I hope to read more of her books in the future. This is a stand-alone book without a cliff hanger ending written in third person.
Kayli Heddon is sent to the Florida Everglades on an assignment for the Governor. She is to take photos of the area wildlife, habitat and drainage patterns to supplement his latest environmental proposal. Unfortunately, Clay Jameson, the Governor’s Deputy Chief of Staff, finagles his way on the trip. He and Kayli have had a coupl
Rebecca Austin
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Kayli Heddon is a photographer and photo journalist who has a chance of going into the Everglades to take a bunch of pictures to promote the restoration of the area to help Governor Drake with his plans for the area. Along for the ride is Clay Jameson the Deputy Chief of Staff to Governor Drake, who went on a couple of dates with Kayli and sees their relationship much differently than Kayli does.

Skye Landers is stuck driving one of the airboats as a favor to his cousin Jimmy. He is a Seminole an
Liza O'Connor
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a high action, romantic, dangerous, mystical novel!
I couldn’t have asked for more.

The Governor of Florida sends a young woman he sees as a daughter into the Everglades to take pictures of the Everglades. Tagging along, but not wanted, is a guy she had two dates with, Clay. He’s a staff member for the Governor and is a royal jerk. While Kylie wished she’d never dated him at all, she doesn’t contradict his claim that they are a couple when she ends up in the care of an annoyed, goodlooking,
Margaret Watkins
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this environmental adventure romance, Kayli is sent on assignment to the Everglades. The writing style was good and there were a couple of plots interwoven into the story. I found the descriptions of the Everglades educational and enjoyed the explanations, especially as I had an opportunity of visiting the area when I travelled in the USA some years ago. I was therefore able to identify with riding on an airboat and seeing in my mind’s eye the scenery and the various sights and sounds. The cr ...more
Yvonne
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kayli Heddon is a photo journalist that is working for her “Uncle" Governor Drake and is sent on a safari airboat ride through the Everglades. She is passionate about trying to conserve them. She is going out to document the good and the bad in a presentation for the Governor.
Skye Landers is the Native guide to take the whole tour through the Everglades; he is filling in for his Cousin Jimmy. He has another side of himself that we do not see until after they get back to the real world at the en
Susan
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants a adventurous romance
Shelves: first-read
I won this book from the giveaway and I was so excited when I received my copy. I truly enjoyed this book. I really felt like the book came to life and I was entrapped in this adventure with the characters. Not only was Petie McCarty able to make the surroundings come to life, I was able to feel the heartbreak, excitement, and a sense of adventure the characters felt.

I've read many romance novels but none like this. I was truly appreciative of how she displayed the push and pull between Skye an
Romance Novels in Color
This book was interesting. I seem to be in a rut about reading books where one of the two lead characters is crabby and cranky throughout most of the story. This is one of those books. The plot line was good and the book was fun to read with rich detail about the Florida swampland and the wildlife and then Mother Nature and a hurricane thrown in for added fun, but at times it was overshadowed by the crabbiness of Kayli in regards to the man who was supposed to be her HEA, Skye. It was always a n ...more
Rose Deacon
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure why this book is getting 3 1/2 stars on average.. It is complete leaving nothing to very little out.. This is a very clean boy meat girl story along with a supernatural twist.. The only complaint I would have is I wish there was more of the supernatural twist added to it, but that is just personal taste and nothing to do with the writer..

This book was very good, and while it took me a little longer to read than other books that is mostly because my small kids can make it hard to f
K. Chase
This was a fantastic book. The story centers around a young woman who is on assignment in the Everglades for her uncle, a city official. There she meets Skye, a native to the land who takes her on a whirlwind tour through alligator-invested waters and islands with drug runners. The setting was marvelously described. Having never been to the Everglades, I really enjoyed the scenes this author created; it was like I could actually see the different flora described. And the chemistry between the he ...more
Englishrose
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun and exciting read. The drawn out mystery was nicely set against the backdrop of the everglades with a bit of folklore mixed in. Nice side characters filled in a rich story for the main characters to interact within. Kayli is a fun, spunky character with a nice mix of vulnerability and independence. Skye is a strong character that develops well. Their romance is really sweet despite the excitement and dangers surrounding them. This mystery kept me going along on every page, and wan ...more
Dena (Batch of Books)
This book was okay. I liked the setting of the Everglades and I liked the suspense in the story and most of the romance. I didn't like the characters at first, but they did grow on me. Some scenes dragged on far too long and I caught myself skimming a couple of pages. There was a bit of innuendo and some passionate kissing, but the romance was very clean overall. It's a good book if you like clean romance and suspense.
Jennifer Gonzalez
This is s book I won and I really liked it except the end. As soon as they admit their feelings for each other its over. I have more thoughts on this I think I have said enough. I dont want to spoil it for others.
Rachael Key
I won this through a *good reads giveaway* I tried very hard to get through it. I couldn't even finish it completely... I had a very hard time getting into it... forced myself to get as far as I did...

All in all It was okay...but I really wish it wasn't so drab and it all ran together..
InD'tale Magazine
“Everglades” is a fast-paced adventure, and the author’s attention to detail shows the depth of her knowledge of the Florida Everglades.

Read full review in the November 2013 issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Jmyers43
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book about romance and the florida everglades!
Heather
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Engaging love story set in the Florida Everglades.
Diane Hamel
T.
Jun 01, 2012
Cristal Hougham
Sep 26, 2015

• To Love a Wilde (Wilde in Wyoming, #2)
  • Worth Waiting For
  • Her Best Friend's Baby
  • The Rebound Pact
  • A Portrait for Toni
  • Healing Rain (Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • One Thousand Years to Forever (My Beloved Vampire)
  • Murder at Castle Rock (Amelia Grace, #1)
  • Debt Free Living
  • Fly with a Rogue
  • Shattered Silence (Ghostly Rhapsody, #2)
  • Painted Memories
  • Bloom: Or, the unwritten memoir of Tennyson Middlebrook
  • The Silent Swan
  • We Are Not Alone: The Writer's Guide to Social Media
  • Heart's Ransom (Heart and Soul #1)
  • Love on the Range
  • Believe In Me (The Vengeance Trilogy, #3)
Petie spent a large part of her career working at Walt Disney World -- "The Most Magical Place on Earth" -- where she enjoyed working in the land of fairy tales by day and creating her own romantic fairy tales by night, including her new series, The Cinderella Romances. She eventually said good-bye to her "day" job to write her stories full-time.

These days Petie also spends her time writing seque