Start by marking “Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)” as Want to Read:
Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)

Body and Soul

(Twist of Fate #3)

Oz: Escaping the international modeling scene to design my own fashion collection is the first step to shucking my bobble-headed supermodel reputation and proving to the world I’m more than just a pretty face. But the minute I have to accept roadside help from the sexy man next door, I feel like the airhead people think I am. And what’s worse, the man clearly doesn’t think ...more
Paperback, 1 edition, 304 pages
Published February 5th 2018 by Lucy Lennox & Sloane Kennedy (first published February 2nd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Body and Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body and Soul

Start your review of Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Body and Soul is by far my favorite of the three Twist of Fate books. I had a feeling it would be based on the teaser chapter, and I wasn't wrong, which is good because I hate being wrong.

So many things about this story worked for me. I love enemies-to-lovers and opposites-attract tropes, and I'm an absolute hussy when it comes to the dynamic between a sassy femme guy and his gruff, masculine counterpart. (Yes, I know these are stereotypes, but it's what I like. Don't shoot me, please!)

I a
Wendy
3-5-star-rating-black-hi.png (600×113)

This is the third book in this series and I was very much looking forward to this one, because it's Jake's story and I have wanted to know more about him since book 1.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor tell me more about yourself gif

I am happy to say, that I really liked both main characters in this one, which is a bit surprising, since I had issues with at least one of them in the other books (Bennett, Ash).

I am a big fan of "opposites attract" and these two are definitely the opposite of one another.  That's not to say they aren't perfect for each other.....
Chris
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-contemporary
Another enjoyable episode from these ladies ! Oz was adorable - a supermodel with a cute dog, a big heart and an infectious personality. He meets Jake while his car is out of action as he begins his hiatus in designing clothes. Jake is nothing short of mesmerized and lost for words at Oz’s naïveté and can’t fathom what would bring someone like Oz to live in a cabin in the woods, particularly in winter. What begins in apprehension, builds into something else. These two guys were smitten from day ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Well hello there surprise book!

I was not a fan of the first two books. I just went to double check this and realized I didn't write one single word about either of them. Not anything! Not even a I'm not writing a review sentence. SO WEIRD! But, Lost and Found got the 2★'s = it was ok rating and Safe and Sound did a little bit better with 3★'s.

This book, well, this book up until the end was truly a 5★ read. I'm going with a little bit less though, that end was so far over the top I just can't. S
Denise H.
***Entertaining, funny, exciting and loving !
#3 in the Twist of Fate series, with serious topics, new found acceptance, deep feelings, witty banter, and an HEA. The stories follow one another, but each can stand alone.
Jake is a doctor, but also a man in hiding,

when he meets his new neighbor in the next cabin.

It's flamboyant Oz, a fashion designer

and his small Chinese Crested dog, Boo.

Oz gets hurt, then burned, later gets lost, and we are off to see the antics. We get back stories, but Jake
Ambriehl Khalil
⭐️ [4.25/5 Stars] ⭐️

I feel like these keep getting more intense as they go along and I’m enjoying the hell out of it. I still don’t know how I feel about Oz but I love Boo so much and Jake is a babe. I don’t know what I was expecting his deal to be but ... this was not it. Pleasantly surprised.
Sanaa
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars.

I'm a sucker for a good enemies-to-lovers romance and I knew I had to grab this one as soon as it came out. And man did this one start out strong. I loved everything about it. Jake, Oz and even his dog Boo or 'Princess Cujo' as Jake lovingly calls her.

Add the fact that this was my first book with Lucy and Sloane writing as a duo, I was seriously impressed. And not lost at all since I haven't read the others before this one.

So why not 5 stars? Because there was so. much. drama. during t
MoodyJess
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RTC
But best book I’ve read all year.
Santy
I really enjoyed this book overall. Oh and it was funny which is always a plus in books.

What I don’t like in books (and in this particular book as well) is when one MC is a total ass the other MC because they want them and can’t have them. This attitude for me is very juvenile and it irks me whenever I read stuff like that.

As a result, Jake pissed me off till he stopped behaving like an idiot and embraced his feelings for Oz. After he did so, a whole new side of him emerged and I even managed to
Cadiva
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourite one yet on this excellent series

Even with the dramatic side plot adding a layer of extra tension this was still a super good love story.

I loved Jake, but I absolutely adored Oz and his odd little hairless mutt Boo. Together they made a gorgeous pair and I loved how Oz was absorbed into the community of Haven without really trying.

His was a cleverly crafted character, a study in contrasts and with a solid core of inner steel which allowed people to underestimate him to their own cost
Fani *loves angst*
Very nice story, fast paced, sweet with a few doses of angst/drama that fit perfectly. My first in the series, as well as from these two authors, but I never felt like I jumped in the middle of a story, and I'm looking forward to the other books in the series.

Reread Oct 2019
Loved it just as much, if not more than the first time. One of my favorite couples.
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
They're all starting to bleed together... these mm books. Even tho this is by the other author(s) I read,trying to switch things up a little.

Sigh.

Still just meh.
Bookreader87(Amanda)

This is the third installment of the Twist of Faith series and I have to say I really liked this one. It had so many qualities that I love in books. It is dual POV and I think Oz and Jake were great MCs. Jake has shown up in bits of the previous books and from the small glimpses of him I knew I wanted to know more about him and in this one we get it.

Oz aka Laird is trying to lay low from the fashion world in order to create his new line. Tired of being seeing as nothing more than a pre
Claudia
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books, favorites
OME MORE AWESOME BOOK - FULL REVIEW TO BE POSTED AFTER RELEASE <3 ...more
Claudia
April 2019
I absolutely adored this book!

May 2018
Wow! I loved the second book (the first one I did not read till now ... don't know why) but this one was seriously as good maybe even a bit better (or not) than the second.

I adored Oz, who is a bit of a dreamer but really develops as a character during this story.
Jake was kind of a mystery in the second book and at the beginning of this book I was not a real fan of him. but together with Oz he is just great.

their story is heart-warming and I really
Melissa
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars! I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this book. Right after I won I realized that although I owned the first two books in the series I hadn’t gotten a chance to read them yet. I really wanted to read the series in order (this isn’t necessary, they can stand alone pretty well) so I ended up reading all three books in three days. I’m so happy that I did because I really enjoyed this series.

I really liked both Jake and Oz. Their story was riveting and they had off the charts chemistry. T
Becky
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely my favourite book by this author pairing so far. Each character worked on their own merit as well as being a well developed and totally believable couple. I guessed the drift of the story quite early but that didn't detract from enjoying it as it was a well developed plot that moved at a fast pace.

Am very much looking forward to Lucky and Zach's story :)
Caipi
Great story, perfectly narrated by Michael Pauley! 😊🎧
Qin
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I shall come clean at the outset and state that I began this series with the present novel; I thus had no exposition to the overall plot and the recurring characters, if any. This did not bog down my reading, though Mrs Lennox assumes too much knowledge on Jake; apart from the fact that the grouchy ermit doctor cannot make any attachment, not enough is said, and shown, about him for his behavior to make sense and his personality to feel credible. Oz and he make a study in contrast which proved a ...more
Carol Flores
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
[4.5/5] OK, I've been wanting to read this book since I finished the second one of the Twist of Fate Series, and I was hoping to fall in love with Jake and Oz love story the way I did with Aiden and Ash.
And I was wrong but in a good way.
I don't know why I always end up loving the big guy that is softer than he appears to be -well, maybe that's how I see myself and I'm so in love with characters that are like this too-, but let me tell you, Jake is just too damn good.
Oz is like the best friend
Alex
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: emotional, angst
Well. That was a quick read!

description

As much as I love Sloane Kennedy books. I never managed to finish a book from Lucy Lennox.
The first book of this series was not a win for me. I could too easily tell the parts written by SK and the parts written by LL. It prevented me from really enjoying the story...
The second book though was so much better in my opinion. I really liked it and the writing was really more 'fluid'...
I guess they needed time to find their paces. And they did!

This story was really good.
HEChapter -Tina J
Oz & Jake both have secrets. And Boo has some fierce sass!
Exciting, edge-of-your-seat scenes and some mysterious past issues create a great adrenaline-fuel climactic point for the story.

full review coming soon...
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Body and Soul is the third book in the Twist of Fate series by the fabulous duo of Sloane Kennedy and Lucy Lennox. And, it's my favorite of the series! I am addicted to this series and these authors. They write these characters with such heart, humor and sexiness. We met Jake in Lost and Found and I knew his story was going to be special. There was just something about his quiet secrets that intrigued me. And I was not disappointed! I was sucked in from the very first sentence and didn't stop re ...more
Andrea
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqiap, m-m, romance
I think this is my favorite of the series.

As always, it's the characters that make this story so special. Ox and Jake were so endearing. Ox had some hilarious moments, it was impossible to hide my smile every time I read his POV. I just want to be his best friend. Jake was a bit more rough around the edges, but oh so lovable and you couldn't help but sympathize with. I wanted to hug him and make sure nothing bad every happened to him again.

It was also great to see past couples (mostly Xander an
Jess A Jaye
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow!! What another amazing addition to the series. Loved it!
Oz and Jake made a great couple. Definitely a case of opposites attract which is a favourite trope.
Oz is a spitfire which he hides his insecurities behind. Jake on the other hand is rugged and growly.
I feel in love with Oz straightaway. Jake took a bit longer but purely because I couldn't understand why he kept pushing Oz away. He had to have a damn good reason for being willing to break Oz's heart. But it soon became clear that Jake
DTM
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3) was simply another outstanding book by these 2 very talented ladies. This story had me clutching my chest pretty much from the get go and squeezed it tight until the very end!! Oz and Jake’s story was so unique, beautiful, sexy as hell and intense!! Lucy and Sloane write flawlessly together and as always, seem to be in perfect harmony! I laughed out loud, cried, sighed, yelled and maybe even moaned a bit, not to mention I was literally hanging on to the edge of m ...more
Chase Coe
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why yes, I AM crying.

This was an emotional roller coaster of the most divine type. I absolutely loved Oz and Jake’s story. They are beautiful and romantic and sexy and just absolutely perfect.
Liza
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great installment for this series!! I have been dying to know Jake's story since the first book and it did not disappoint. Then there's Oz . . . Glorious, fabulous Oz. They are perfect for each other, both with secrets and both running from the past that can only lead them to each other. And once they are together, it's explosive. There were some great laugh-out-loud scenes, made even better by Michael Pauley's incredible narration. And it was still hot as hell, like all good Lucy Len ...more
Bev
Everything was going great for me as far as these two were concerned [although a few good kicks up Jake's backside were definitely warranted 😳] until we had the dirty DEA agent plot, and then things...and the story...fell apart for me.

I adored Oz/Laird, although I would've liked a little more as far as his backstory was concerned to be honest, and even though I'm not into hairless dogs myself, Princess Boo was a delight 🐶 BUT there didn't seem to be enough storyline to me and of course, as is t
ReadingAllNite
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku-borrow, m-m

Kind of long winded, OTT ridiculousness, plus sweet and sappy and a dose of excitement at the end (also OTT and ridiculous) but a fun read in ways. Amusing, no brain strain.

• Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)
  • The Truth Within (Pelican Bay #3)
  • Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • Locked In Silence (Pelican Bay, #1)
  • Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • Unbroken (The Protectors #12)
  • Defiance (The Protectors, #9)
  • Redemption (The Protectors, #8)
  • Protecting Elliot (The Protectors #9.5)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Finding Forgiveness (Finding, #4)
  • Revelation (The Protectors, #7)
  • Finding Hope (Finding, #5)
  • Finding Trust (Finding #2)
  • Obsessed (The Protectors #13)
  • Forsaken (The Protectors, #4)
  • Salvation (The Protectors, #2)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Twist of Fate (4 books)
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Safe and Sound (Twist of Fate, #2)
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)

News & Interviews