Start by marking “Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)” as Want to Read:
Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)

Body and Soul

(Twist of Fate #3)

Oz: Escaping the international modeling scene to design my own fashion collection is the first step to shucking my bobble-headed supermodel reputation and proving to the world I’m more than just a pretty face. But the minute I have to accept roadside help from the sexy man next door, I feel like the airhead people think I am. And what’s worse, the man clearly doesn’t think ...more
Paperback, 1 edition, 304 pages
Published February 5th 2018 by Lucy Lennox & Sloane Kennedy (first published February 2nd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Body and Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body and Soul

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Body and Soul is by far my favorite of the three Twist of Fate books. I had a feeling it would be based on the teaser chapter, and I wasn't wrong, which is good because I hate being wrong.

So many things about this story worked for me. I love enemies-to-lovers and opposites-attract tropes, and I'm an absolute hussy when it comes to the dynamic between a sassy femme guy and his gruff, masculine counterpart. (Yes, I know these are stereotypes, but it's what I like. Don't shoot me, please!)

I a
Wendy
3-5-star-rating-black-hi.png (600×113)

This is the third book in this series and I was very much looking forward to this one, because it's Jake's story and I have wanted to know more about him since book 1.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor tell me more about yourself gif

I am happy to say, that I really liked both main characters in this one, which is a bit surprising, since I had issues with at least one of them in the other books (Bennett, Ash).

I am a big fan of "opposites attract" and these two are definitely the opposite of one another.  That's not to say they aren't perfect for each other.....
Elsa Bravante
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Soy una rara avis, lo sé, disculpadme. El libro me ha parecido un auténtico despropósito, el plot no tiene sentido ninguno, roza la ciencia ficción, los diálogos en alguna ocasión me han dado vergüencilla, qué os puedo decir. ¿Por qué le doy 3? Creo que es una locura darle más de dos, pero tengo que ser sincera, es entretenido y no he dejado de leer a pesar de estar entornando los ojos o riéndome cuando no debía, cada tres páginas.
Es lo que es.
Chris
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
Another enjoyable episode from these ladies ! Oz was adorable - a supermodel with a cute dog, a big heart and an infectious personality. He meets Jake while his car is out of action as he begins his hiatus in designing clothes. Jake is nothing short of mesmerized and lost for words at Oz’s naïveté and can’t fathom what would bring someone like Oz to live in a cabin in the woods, particularly in winter. What begins in apprehension, builds into something else. These two guys were smitten from day ...more
Parvathy
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
5 Stars!
Body and Soul is the third book in the Twist of Fate Series and tells the story of Oz and Jake. This story has that will tug at your heart and make you fall in love with the characters.

Oz a renowned model is looking to escape from the world and find some inspiration. And in this quest he meets Jake. Jake is surly, quiet and keeps Oz at a distance. The story is all about how Oz and Jake explores their chemistry and find their forever. I absolutely loved the story. I loved how distinct O
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Well hello there surprise book!

I was not a fan of the first two books. I just went to double check this and realized I didn't write one single word about either of them. Not anything! Not even a I'm not writing a review sentence. SO WEIRD! But, Lost and Found got the 2★'s = it was ok rating and Safe and Sound did a little bit better with 3★'s.

This book, well, this book up until the end was truly a 5★ read. I'm going with a little bit less though, that end was so far over the top I just can't. S
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4 stars.

I'm a sucker for a good enemies-to-lovers romance and I knew I had to grab this one as soon as it came out. And man did this one start out strong. I loved everything about it. Jake, Oz and even his dog Boo or 'Princess Cujo' as Jake lovingly calls her.

Add the fact that this was my first book with Lucy and Sloane writing as a duo, I was seriously impressed. And not lost at all since I haven't read the others before this one.

So why not 5 stars? Because there was so. much. drama. during t
Denise H.
***Entertaining, funny, exciting and loving !
#3 in the Twist of Fate series, with serious topics, new found acceptance, deep feelings, witty banter, and an HEA. The stories follow one another, but each can stand alone.
Jake is a doctor, but also a man in hiding,

when he meets his new neighbor in the next cabin.

It's flamboyant Oz, a fashion designer

and his small Chinese Crested dog, Boo.

Oz gets hurt, then burned, later gets lost, and we are off to see the antics. We get back stories, but Jake's
Jess
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RTC
But best book I’ve read all year.
Cadiva
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourite one yet on this excellent series

Even with the dramatic side plot adding a layer of extra tension this was still a super good love story.

I loved Jake, but I absolutely adored Oz and his odd little hairless mutt Boo. Together they made a gorgeous pair and I loved how Oz was absorbed into the community of Haven without really trying.

His was a cleverly crafted character, a study in contrasts and with a solid core of inner steel which allowed people to underestimate him to their own cost
Bookreader87(Amanda)

This is the third installment of the Twist of Faith series and I have to say I really liked this one. It had so many qualities that I love in books. It is dual POV and I think Oz and Jake were great MCs. Jake has shown up in bits of the previous books and from the small glimpses of him I knew I wanted to know more about him and in this one we get it.

Oz aka Laird is trying to lay low from the fashion world in order to create his new line. Tired of being seeing as nothing more than a pret
Claudia
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books, favorites
OME MORE AWESOME BOOK - FULL REVIEW TO BE POSTED AFTER RELEASE <3
Santy
I really enjoyed this book overall. Oh and it was funny which is always a plus in books.

What I don’t like in books (and in this particular book as well) is when one MC is a total ass the other MC because they want them and can’t have them. This attitude for me is very juvenile and it irks me whenever I read stuff like that.

As a result, Jake pissed me off till he stopped behaving like an idiot and embraced his feelings for Oz. After he did so, a whole new side of him emerged and I even managed to
Adrian Assing
Insulted and disappointed

This book left me feeling insulted and disappointed. As a gay man who happens to be an ex-print and runway model and currently working in HIV/AIDS research, these authors got this story wrong on so many levels. I swear, if you swap “Oz” out and replaced with “Lisa” and he/him with she/her the book is about a weak and delicate but sex deprived “girl” wanting some caveman to save her day! Even the sex positions are insulting to gay men. I mean Really ladies? Gay men do No
Fani *loves angst*
Very nice story, fast paced, sweet with a few doses of angst/drama that fit perfectly. My first in the series, as well as from these two authors, but I never felt like I jumped in the middle of a story, and I'm looking forward to the other books in the series.
Melissa
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars! I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this book. Right after I won I realized that although I owned the first two books in the series I hadn’t gotten a chance to read them yet. I really wanted to read the series in order (this isn’t necessary, they can stand alone pretty well) so I ended up reading all three books in three days. I’m so happy that I did because I really enjoyed this series.

I really liked both Jake and Oz. Their story was riveting and they had off the charts chemistry. T
Becky
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely my favourite book by this author pairing so far. Each character worked on their own merit as well as being a well developed and totally believable couple. I guessed the drift of the story quite early but that didn't detract from enjoying it as it was a well developed plot that moved at a fast pace.

Am very much looking forward to Lucky and Zach's story :)
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Body and Soul is the third book in the Twist of Fate series by the fabulous duo of Sloane Kennedy and Lucy Lennox. And, it's my favorite of the series! I am addicted to this series and these authors. They write these characters with such heart, humor and sexiness. We met Jake in Lost and Found and I knew his story was going to be special. There was just something about his quiet secrets that intrigued me. And I was not disappointed! I was sucked in from the very first sentence and didn't stop re ...more
Carol Flores
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
[4.5/5] OK, I've been wanting to read this book since I finished the second one of the Twist of Fate Series, and I was hoping to fall in love with Jake and Oz love story the way I did with Aiden and Ash.
And I was wrong but in a good way.
I don't know why I always end up loving the big guy that is softer than he appears to be -well, maybe that's how I see myself and I'm so in love with characters that are like this too-, but let me tell you, Jake is just too damn good.
Oz is like the best friend
Qin
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I shall come clean at the outset and state that I began this series with the present novel; I thus had no exposition to the overall plot and the recurring characters, if any. This did not bog down my reading, though Mrs Lennox assumes too much knowledge on Jake; apart from the fact that the grouchy ermit doctor cannot make any attachment, not enough is said, and shown, about him for his behavior to make sense and his personality to feel credible. Oz and he make a study in contrast which proved a ...more
Alexa
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angst, emotional
Well. That was a quick read!

description

As much as I love Sloane Kennedy books. I never managed to finish a book from Lucy Lennox.
The first book of this series was not a win for me. I could too easily tell the parts written by SK and the parts written by LL. It prevented me from really enjoying the story...
The second book though was so much better in my opinion. I really liked it and the writing was really more 'fluid'...
I guess they needed time to find their paces. And they did!

This story was really good.
Andrea
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, lgbtqiap, romance
I think this is my favorite of the series.

As always, it's the characters that make this story so special. Ox and Jake were so endearing. Ox had some hilarious moments, it was impossible to hide my smile every time I read his POV. I just want to be his best friend. Jake was a bit more rough around the edges, but oh so lovable and you couldn't help but sympathize with. I wanted to hug him and make sure nothing bad every happened to him again.

It was also great to see past couples (mostly Xander an
Jess A Jaye
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow!! What another amazing addition to the series. Loved it!
Oz and Jake made a great couple. Definitely a case of opposites attract which is a favourite trope.
Oz is a spitfire which he hides his insecurities behind. Jake on the other hand is rugged and growly.
I feel in love with Oz straightaway. Jake took a bit longer but purely because I couldn't understand why he kept pushing Oz away. He had to have a damn good reason for being willing to break Oz's heart. But it soon became clear that Jake
DTM
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3) was simply another outstanding book by these 2 very talented ladies. This story had me clutching my chest pretty much from the get go and squeezed it tight until the very end!! Oz and Jake’s story was so unique, beautiful, sexy as hell and intense!! Lucy and Sloane write flawlessly together and as always, seem to be in perfect harmony! I laughed out loud, cried, sighed, yelled and maybe even moaned a bit, not to mention I was literally hanging on to the edge of m ...more
Claudia
Wow! I loved the second book (the first one I did not read till now ... don't know why) but this one was seriously as good maybe even a bit better (or not) than the second.

I adored Oz, who is a bit of a dreamer but really develops as a character during this story.
Jake was kind of a mystery in the second book and at the beginning of this book I was not a real fan of him. but together with Oz he is just great.

their story is heart-warming and I really loved it!

I hope there will be another book soon
Annika
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review

Jake’s story is one I’ve been looking forward to ever since I read the first book. There was just something mysterious about him and I just had to know more. Who was this man that held himself at arm’s length from everyone else? I’m happy that his story delivered and I enjoyed listening to this book immensely.

Oz is tired of being a model and dreams of becoming a fashion designer. He rents a cabin in the middle of nowhere to be able to create his clothing line before the next fas
Bev
Everything was going great for me as far as these two were concerned [although a few good kicks up Jake's backside were definitely warranted 😳] until we had the dirty DEA agent plot, and then things...and the story...fell apart for me.

I adored Oz/Laird, although I would've liked a little more as far as his backstory was concerned to be honest, and even though I'm not into hairless dogs myself, Princess Boo was a delight 🐶 BUT there didn't seem to be enough storyline to me and of course, as is t
Susan65
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audio review by The Blogger Girls

Well, on a good note, this audio was nowhere near as harsh as book two, Safe and Sound. However, Jake and Oz don’t have it easy either. I have to say up front that Michael Pauley’s performance of Oz was everything. He did that so well I could almost picture him in nearly every scene. He was a lovable and beautiful goofball, one Jake just could not resist…even knowing he was not sticking around.

Oz is a supermodel who wants to get away from people who may recognize
Christi Snow
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
I love this series, but I think this has been my favorite book in it so far. Oz and Jake are just such an unlikely couple, but that's what makes them so much fun together.

In the beginning, Oz is super high maintenance. He's an elite model, but he's here trying to prove something to himself and to others who've underestimated him. But it's a really steep learning curve since he's living pretty much in the wilderness with only Jake between him and a lot of trouble.

But Jake wants NOTHING
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Twist of Fate (4 books)
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Safe and Sound (Twist of Fate, #2)
  • Untitled (Twist of Fate, #4)
“Our legs were pretzeled,” 0 likes