Start by marking “Guardian Angel” as Want to Read:
Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel

(Master of Illusion #4)

From the award-winning historical fiction author, Anne Rouen, comes the World War II romantic drama, Guardian Angel.

Feted and cosseted all his young life by legions of adoring fans, ten-year-old French singer Nicolas de Beaulieu seems to have it all in the rigours and depression of the 1930s: money, social status, fame. But he grows up no stranger to grief and loss, and du
ebook
Published February 14th 2018 by Anne Rouen

To ask other readers questions about Guardian Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian Angel

Start your review of Guardian Angel
Web
Anne Rouen
Guardian Angel by Anne Rouen
Another addictive drama by Anne Rouen!

Guardian Angel is set in World War II France. It continues on from the previous books in the Master of Illusion series (although you could definitely pick it up and read it without reading the other books first). This time, we follow the life of the previously introduced character, Nicolas de Beaulieu, (son of Angelique - the Angel of Song).

Nicolas faces a lot of challenges and ups and downs as a superstar singer in 1930s France. His life swit
Mary
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by this author but will not be my last. Wonderful storyline
Betty Hattan
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended read

Loved this book. Started so bit slow for me but when it started to move I could not put it down. Wonderful reading about the French resistance . The characters are so interesting. Read it and you will really enjoy the story
Lori
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Review to follow.
Kerry
I finished reading Guardian Angel last night and I can’t express how much I loved it! I have to say I feel bereft today not having the book to dive into. I was torn between wanting to speed read to find out what happened and not wanting to run out of chapters. Very satisfying conclusion and clever as the story could continue, as well. The evidence of research into the war must've taken years as it includes so many factual events.

It was inspirational, intriguing, and very sensitively written with
Kayla Lowe
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My very favorite!

Of all the books in this series, this one was my very favorite! It’s no wonder it won awards. Sprinkled with history that lends it an air of authenticity and written in Rouen’s charming writing style, this book was difficult to put down! I loved the characters, and their development over time shows the power of time and personal growth.

I can’t say too much more without giving too much away, but I also liked the supernatural aspect to it as well. An interesting touch, I thought,
Melissa Cheresnick
Aug 04, 2018
Anne Rouen
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dianne Hurley
Kathleen Bianchi
Oct 13, 2018
Alba Innovation
Nov 06, 2018
Anne Rouen is a Multi-Award Winning Author, having won the Global Ebook Awards' Silver Medal (2014) for Modern Historical Literature Fiction for Master of Illusion Book One and the Bronze Medal for Angel of Song in 2016 in the same awards program and category (click to buy books).

Anne Rouen is an Australian born historical fiction author whose writing is inspired by the opulent operatic era of 19t

Master of Illusion (4 books)
  • Master of Illusion (Master of Illusion #1)
  • Master of Illusion (Master of Illusion #2)
  • Angel of Song (Master of Illusion, #3)

News & Interviews