Start by marking “Long Road Home” as Want to Read:

Josh & Sage are Here!!

Long Road Home

Can the road to home ever be too long?

When I left town, I was young and dumb, lost in a haze of drugs and partying.
When that haze lifted, it knocked me down, toying with my life.
I came back home. A different person. A shell of myself.

He was there. He was always there. And, I couldn’t stop myself.
His sweet words, his warm arms, his s
ebook
Published February 10th 2020 by Lyssa Cole Books

To ask other readers questions about Long Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Road Home

Start your review of Long Road Home
Coco.V
Apr 03, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/3/2020)! 🎁
Victoria Weston
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I've read a book by this author and I wasn't disappointed it was absolutely fabulous. This book deserves all it's five stars including many more and it totally hooked me right in from the beginning.

This book is a story of second chances, addiction, love, friendship, regret, then forgiveness and hope, the question is do we ever change or do we always remain the same people we've always been deep down inside ?

Sage is a drug addict completely sucked in. She craves the fix, th
Debbie
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
I loved everything about this book, it’s written with compassion and so much love.

Sage is a heroine addict and ends up in hospital after overdosing, her mother comes and takes her home and gets her ready for rehab - again! She doesn’t want to feel and she certainly doesn’t want to think about the high school boyfriend she left before a decade ago.

Josh has always loved Sage and he always will, he was heartbroken when she left him, but because he loved her so much he let her go. Now she is back a
Rochelle
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was powerful. Each book that I read from this author tugs at your heart and makes you really feel for the characters. As you are reading this book, you are able to feeling everything that Sage is feeling. The struggles that she goes through with her addiction is so real. Loved Josh and how he was there for her as much as he can due to her addiction. Wonderful characters and wonderful and heartbreaking story line. I can’t wait to read more from Ms. Cole.

I received an ARC of this book
Crystal Wilke
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lyssa, thank you for writing Long Road Home. I work in the mental health field with addiction. So I know this story couldn't have been easy to write but I enjoyed every second of it. This book had the ups and downs, heartache and real life situations. I am so happy that Sage got her HEA. I would love to see Josh get a book. I need more of him and Sage.
Erica
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a book! The emotion that is displayed by the characters is so real and so raw. I felt like I was on the road to recovery myself. Sage is a girl who fell in love with the boy next door at a young age but drugs pushed her down a dark path. The road to recovery is a tough one but Lyssa Cole did an amazing job capturing it! Such a great read!
Atlanta Whitlock
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every book of Lyssa Cole’s I’ve read, I have just ended up loving and this book was no exception. This book should have been released around two summers ago, but Lyssa didn’t feel that this book was ready for herself, but also for the readers, so she took the decision to wait, hold off and go back to work on it until she was completely happy with it. And honestly, her decision to do that, really paid off…. This book isn’t your typical romance story, what it actually does is show you things that ...more
Dora Harvey
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advance complimentary copy of this book.

LONG ROAD HOME is an emotional rollercoaster as we ride every high and hit the withdrawal symptoms that the character endures. This book was heart-wrenching in its emotional highs and lows of the two main characters’ struggles as they help each other try to get what they each need. This was a flawless sensation that captivated me from the start, and I enjoyed the way the characters’ roles changed as the story progressed. The title
Fran Auq
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love always win!

He promise her forever and that’s what he gives her.

Josh and Sage are just the freaking best. This book is by far one of my favorite reads of 2020 and I wish I could give it more than 5 stars because it absolutely deserves it.

Love the originality of the story. Full of drama, deception, addition, love, forgiveness and more importantly redemption.
We always make mistakes. Comes from our human nature. To Sage her biggest mistake was added. She knew she needed to put a stop to it b
Diane
Recommends it for: ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE BOOK
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "LONG ROAD HOME" OMG!!!! What a heartwrenching storyline so emotional, painful, heartbreaking you definitely need a box of tissues Lyssa Cole did an amazing job writing this story.
Sage was dealing with addiction at very young age it took her down a very path she fell in love with the boy next door but drugs made her life miserable it's not am easy road to get clean.
Sage and Josh's journey was such a difficult one your heart went out Sage her struggles to get clea
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Shattered and broken Sage comes back home against her will to recover from a drug overdose to find that Josh has never stopped loving her. But can someone who sees no real reason for living give up the one thing that numbs her pain? Can the love of one man be enough to overcome her need for drugs? Horrifically honest and downright hard to read at times this is a story about overcoming the weight and burden of drugs. Sometimes you have to hit the very bottom before you can find something worth fi ...more
E Loprete
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Long Road Home was an emotional story about the effects of addiction and accepting responsibility for one's actions. Sage has been forced home by her mother when she overdosed and is now faced with all the wrong choices she has made which has led her to this moment an addict who is on the brink of self destruction. Sage is struggling each day as an addict, re-living her past mistakes which has led her to this day, is she strong enough to fight this or will she submit to temptation once again? Wi ...more
Angel
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An emotionally charged journey into finding ones self. Sage is an extremely lost soul, on a very difficult road to find herself again, the self she lost many years ago. Josh is a pillar of strength. He patiently waited for Sage to find her way back home and then walked beside her throughout her struggles, helping her fight her demons within. This story is powerful, you can feel all the emotions and chaos that Sage endures. You will find comfort in Josh's support. This is an epic story of uncondi ...more
Cindy
Shelves: arc-books-2020
Long Road Home by Lyssa Cole left me like WHOA!!! I mean this story is gut-wrenching, so emotional. I was hooked and captivated from the start!!

Josh and Sage first friends from a young age. A beautiful, loving friendship that grows into more. But when partying and drugs enter Sage is drawn to that lifestyle. Years later when these two reconnect what will happen?

Can I just say I FREAKING LOVE JOSH!! He's like the perfect man! So patient with Sage, even after she broke his heart. This story is hea
C Gray
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was not an easy read with all the emotions written to tell Sage’s story but every tear, tissue and laugh was worth it.

Something deep within Safe has lead get down a dark path in life until the people who love her most finally make her clean herself up. She has been hiding behind drugs for years now and after a wake up call she realizes enough is enough but is she strong enough to pull through??

*Addiction comes in many different forms it’s not always a choice, it’s a disease. If you know so
Teresa Juckett (Give Me All The Book's)
This story will absolutely pull you through the ringer backwards and forwards when it's all said and done. I've read several of Lyssa's book's and loved them all and this one isn't any different.
This story is about finding your way back from the deepest darkest despair that a person can suffer from in dealing with addiction and mental illness and hoping to get a 2nd chance with your true love.
This is definitely a must read.
Amanda Walker
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Uhm... yea... this was pretty AMAZING. Lyssa Cole does such a great job at tackling a difficult subject and made it easy for me to love a character that in real life society would judge and hate. Lyssa makes it to where I can understand and sympathize and even want to learn more. I highly recommend this romance to everyone. This is one you won't want to pass up.
Manda
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Addiction is a scary demon that claws at your back and keeps you from moving forward. Long road home is a story of second chances, regrets and fighting hard to be a better, healthy person. Very well written Lyssa Cole delves into the pain and emptiness addiction can bring. I love the way Sage is written, she is strong and brave but weak and scared at the same time. She wants so badly to be clean and sober in her heart but her mind and body tell her otherwise. It was heartbreaking to watch her st ...more
Gladys
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Whew, this is a gripping and harshly honest read that challenges the reader to look beyond your preconceived notions and to dare to look into an abyss that is painful, often ugly and heartbreaking. I was quickly pulled into Sage's story. Her struggle bled through the pages and my heart truly ached for her. Sage and Josh's story is not an easy read but it is an important one that I feel everyone would be just a little bit better because they read it. This is my frank, freely posted review.
Wendy Livingstone
Emotional roller coaster journey!!

This is a beautifully written flawless story which deals with addiction and may contain triggers for some readers so be aware! This is an emotional and heart warming story which had me totally captivated throughout this additive page turner and I cannot wait to read more from this extremely talented author.
Romaine Heart
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Long Road Home is Sage and Josh's emotional love story. They were friends since childhood later falling in love when teenagers.
When Sage started partying and doing drugs her world started spiraling downwards.
Josh has an unconditional live for Sage. He is there for her during her recovery.
Even recovering from drug addiction one can slip. Having harmful thoughts.
Jessica
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This story grips you and tugs at your emotions, it pulls you and and makes you feel. Addiction is such a hard consept for some. It tears you and families apart. This story was what makes reading so amazing. It real and amazing beautiful. Sage and Josh wow. Sage finds her way and Josh loves her thru it all. I won't ruin the story but it's my top two favorite reads this year.
Bethany McNease
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Powerful!

I have never had an addiction problem but I definitely felt Sage's feelings about addiction. This is a powerful book about coming back from a deep addiction and it was amazing!
Lena
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was not an easy read. Sage story was rough and emotional to follow. And I was on the outside looking in.
It was a tough read, but gave me so mutch. I’m sure that this story will linger a long time, in my mind.
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
Wow! Wow! Wow! If I could give this one more stars I definitely would! What an amazing story!! Sage & Josh's story is a raw and emotional one for sure. It's a beautiful story of love, hope and second chances. I was unable to put it down once I started. ...more
Gina Burkart
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
wow what a very sweet read that will have you falling in love with this emional read that will have your heart melting and needing more of this sweet love of getting through her addication and seeing the loss of her friends and trying to get her life back to love correctly.
Rebecca Whaley
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! I absolutely loved it! The characters were wonderful and so loveable. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Wendy Ballard
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
best friends Josh and Sage loves each other but they are not sure if it will be enough while Sage is battling her drug addiction. This also talk some about losing loves ones a long the way
Jojo Reeves
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A beautifully written depiction of the long road that is getting free from a drug addiction. My heart broke for Sage , she looked for a bit of excitement, fell in to drugs and an abusive relationship leaving behind her home, her family and the love of her life .
Michele Del Rey
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Josh and Sage's story was a hard read for me. Sometimes our pasts cannot stay hidden. This book was amazing and the end was well worth the heartache.

• Cocky Captain (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Hate You (Not)
  • Defenseless Hearts (Playing for Keeps #2)
  • Intercepted Hearts (Playing for Keeps #1)
  • Guns Blazing
  • Royal Pain (Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • One Night in a Dungeon
  • Falling for the Forbidden (Forbidden #1)
  • Dash (Blackwings MC #1)
  • Baby I'm Yours (Angel Sands #5)
  • Of Boys and Men (Ridge Rogues, #1)
  • Incomplete
  • The Dare
  • Own the Eights
  • S is for Second Chance (Office Secrets #2)
  • Face the Music (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #3)
  • The End Game (Love Games #2)
  • The Model (Love is Blind #2)
Lyssa Cole has been in love with books for as long as she can remember. Escaping into a story is her favorite pastime. Wanting to be a writer for a couple years, she is now crafting her own stories. She loves to write angsty sexy romance with lots of heat and some suspense to keep you guessing and wanting to turn that page! She lives in Southeastern Mass with her two kids and two dogs. Lover of co ...more