Start by marking “Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure” as Want to Read:
Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

President Nixon signed the “War on Cancer” into law in 1971. Some forty-five years and several billion dollars later, it looks like we have lost the battle. Or have we? What if a natural solution had been there all along, but had just been overlooked by the pharmaceutical industry?

When a new, natural and non-toxic way to address cancer is being discovered, it is a game cha
Published June 2018 by Morgan James Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Winning the War on Cancer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning the War on Cancer

Start your review of Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure
Reader Views
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Kimberly Luyckx for Reader Views (7/18)

If you are a fan of alternative medicine or have a head for science, this book should be on your reading bucket list. “Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure” is both controversial and undeniable. In it, author Sylvie Beljanski tells the story of her father, Dr. Mirko Beljanski and his crusade to fight cancer naturally.

After having discovered two plant extracts that target pancreatic and ovarian cancer stem cells, Dr.
Antonella
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
The topic of cancer is very relatable. Cancer does not discriminate, and everyone knows at least one person with the diagnosis. This book gives vital and well-researched information about the alternative for curing cancer. I am someone who believes in natural remedies, and I found nothing surprising while reading this work. Nature can heal us, but we have to allow it and accept it. My favorite part of this book is the fact that the author does not dismiss doctors or medical therapies. It just gi ...more
Beth
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this book is great for people who are naïve about what cancer is doing to themselves. I embraced this book and learned that there are people out there who understand what the average joe is facing in life. I hope the author writes more and listens to people like me! Some people have all the degrees but forget that a book that clarifies is more important than knowing it all.
John
Mar 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: foreword
Reviewed for Foreword Books IndieFab Awards.

Behold: a cure-all! It treats cancer! It treats HIV! It treats everything! And there's not a single negative side effect! But you've never heard of it because of big, bad Pharma.

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Even if Big Pharma were trying to hide something as miraculous as the author claims these extracts are, word will eventually get out. Someone will pick up on it and start promoting it and selling it. Yet somehow this hasn
Entrada Book Review
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Winning the War on Cancer is an intriguing look into modern cancer treatment and the life of the author, Sylvie Beljanski. Backed by the events of her own life, especially her parents’ research and the strange circumstances around her father’s death, she has started to work for the Beljanski Foundation, a cancer research center that looks into new and novel approaches to cancer treatment.

The book intertwines events in the author’s life with historical and scientific facts. She describes her bat
Gretchen Dubeau
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Winning the War on Cancer" is a must-read for anyone looking to understand the challenges of thinking outside the box in our medical system. In these pages Sylvie brings to life an incredible story of how her father's pioneering work to understand and fight cancer was almost squashed by the French government--and how she formed the Beljanski Foundation to carry on her father's research and legacy.

It is also a timely narrative given the current state of our healthcare system, which focuses almo
Christine
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won a copy of this book through Goodreads Giveaways.

This was a really easy read, and it offers some good insight and interesting developments in cancer treatment. It's well cited, and I need to check out some more of those citations. It suffers slightly from a too familiar writing style, but that could also be a way to get this information into more hands so that's a personal preference I think. My biggest issue is that I can't find much to flesh out the Beljanski story outside of this, which
Cozy Cat Reviews
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Winning the War on Cancer is about modern cancer treatment and the life of the author, Sylvie Beljanski. She works for the Beljanski Foundation, a cancer research center that looks into new cancer treatment and is carrying on the work of her Father. Her Father faced great opposition and she is determined to carry on his valuable work. The opposition they face is from corporate and governments who do not want groundbreaking treatment well known as a alternative .

Winning the War on Cancer is a m
Amethyst Phillip
Jan 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sylvie shares her experience as the daughter of scientists. As a young child, she felt neglected by her parents for their love of discovery. Only as an adult, after experiencing a life-changing event that Sylvie began to truly appreciate the work that her parents, especially her father did. She soon took up her father's mantle and sought to continue his legacy.
Despite this book having many medical terms and references, I really enjoyed reading it. It was informative and moving. However, the use
James Wilson
Oct 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
I was given this book because I have recently been diagnosed with cancer and fighting my "own" war on cancer. This book is not about an individual fight, but is about how governments, medical officials, and pharmaceutical companies regulate treatments for cancer. This book claims to have a cure for cancer though the above listed entities have attempted to destroy and delay the release of the cure.

The book is well written and emotionally charged. It is a bout one man's discovery and how his gove
Valeria Teles
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure” is a guide to a healthy and conscious way of living.

Sylvie’s work is not only for those who have been diagnosed with cancer but for all of us in the quest for well-being and cancer prevention. This is an inspiring book filled with must-read information and resources that can be added to conventional cancer treatments.

It was a joy to have had a conversation with Sylvie Beljanski during a podcast interview! Her presence and wis
Kathleen
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A harrowing (and surprising) history of the persecution of Mirko Beljanski and the suppression of his work. I was surprised that Big Pharma could wield such a heavy hand in France ___ thought this was only true in the U.S. The scientific discussion of the Beljanski compound and how it works was a bit detailed but necessary. The specific compound is expensive (find it on Amazon) so I am unable to buy it as a preventative, but should I develop cancer, I will certainly look into it.
Joe
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting for everyone who is concerned with cancer. It clearly and scientifically exposes how cells become cancerous (destabilization from carcinogens, which is more frequent than mutation but highly underestimated), and presents a non-toxic solution to fight it. What I liked the most was the accuracy of the research, as well as the courage of this family throughout the years. Congratulations to Sylvie Beljanski and their team for this wonderful work !
Lucy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
Big Pharma is conspiring against naturopathic cures. Before he died, more than 20 years ago, Dr. Mirko Beljanski found some “natural molecules” that could cure a variety of different cancers, HIV, fertility problems, malaria, and who knows what else. His daughter Sylvie is continuing the fight to prove the efficacy of her father’s findings. I hope I never get stuck sitting next to her on an airplane or at a dinner party.
Trisha
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is about several herbs that are taken to get rid of cancer. This is the story how the French government arrested him and took away all his records and labs. Apparently the French government is no better than big Pharma in us.
Christeena
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very informative

I enjoyed learning about these natural alternative treatments. I didn't know they existed. I'd recommend to anyone interested in learning about natural treatment for Cancers & the science behind them.
Karen Saxer
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book so much more than I thought I would! It doesn't read like a non fiction, but it is. I finished it so encouraged that there is a real cure for cancer I want to get this book into everyone's hand. ...more
Cassandra
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy.

The book has great ideas that may be very helpful and could help save a life. With a combination of glory and story this is going to be a connection that you can easily spend hours reading.
Michael Sypes
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
A very interesting memoir describing how science and government regulation of pharmaceuticals is so easily corrupted by money and the influence of people in power, and the efforts made by those in defiance of such corruption.
Nick
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining and informative read. Very helpful in learning how to deal with Cancer without being bogged down by science. Thank you :)
Oriel
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Enjoyed reading the story behind the product! Excellent story of the lady's quest to heal people and the struggles she faced along the way yet her dedication is amazing! Good read ...more
Diane Ouziel
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was impressed by this book...God forbid I ever get cancer but this seems like an encouraging treatment to me.
Elizabeth Engstrom
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting look at the process of having a botanical substance tested for its medicinal values. One woman's passionate mission. ...more
Alison Hall
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very informative

.this book has raised my awareness to the need for natural alternatives to be given to cancer patients. A must read for anyone who has been affected by cancer.
Kristy Pavlichko
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for a review and I was honestly blown away by the information in it. Cancer affects everyone. If you don’t have it, you know someone who does. It’s everywhere. I was surprised that France has as corrupt of a big pharma industry as the US does. And that’s coming from a pharmacy technician. Obviously the FDA doesn’t like any all natural remedies because then they wouldn’t be making money off of it. I was surprised that plant extracts helped so many people suffering ...more
R. Walraven
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've had family experience with cancer and with Big Pharma. I understand the conundrum for someone who is diagnosed. But if I have a choice, it will be with a natural cure. This book will remain in my library unless someone wants to borrow it.
Moraa
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Can't believe we're sitting on the cure for cancer. This book was well-written and all the jargon was duly explained. Looking forward to seeing what comes next. ...more
Kate
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was an interesting read! While I did enjoy it, I admit that I initially thought this would be more of a health book, yet found it to be better classified as a biography of sorts.

It was informative and interesting to learn the story of her father's research and how the government tried to shut it down, yet I found it less informative on how to actually decrease cancer risks. While she does focus on environmental toxins, there are a number of factors that work together to cause cancer a
Roger
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ultramodern important research concerning cancer treatment!

Deals very clearly with an issue that has become very important in recent decades. As parents we are concerned with the quality of life so drastically diminished that our children and even our pets are facing. This is partly due to our toxic emotions and the serious global Pollution.

I am very grateful for all the brave people, including Silvie Beljanski, who are joining their efforts in an unprecedented revolution against the manipulatio

• Righteous (IQ, #2)
  • Rock 'n Fire: A Novel
  • Everything You Love Will Burn: Inside the Rebirth of White Nationalism in America
  • White American Youth: My Descent into America's Most Violent Hate Movement—and How I Got Out
  • Embark (Embark #1)
  • Two Scoops, not Three
  • Just a Typo: The Cancellation of Celebrity Mo Riverlake
  • Excerpts from the book: Lines by Leon: Poems, Prose, and Pictures
  • Death by DNA
  • The Dirty Dozen
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery
  • The Velvet Hours
  • You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference
  • Worldlines: A "Many Worlds" Novel
  • A Brightly Guided Life: How a Scientist Learned to Hear Her Inner Wisdom
  • El Pecado Que Mató A Carolina Martín
  • The Knot at the End of the Rope and Other Short Stories
  • 438 Days: An Extraordinary True Story of Survival at Sea
Sylvie Beljanski is a health advocate for holistic medicine, public speaker, award-winning author and entrepreneur. She is the Vice President of The Beljanski Foundation, whose mission is to research natural approaches to cancer and CEO of Maison Beljanski, an international dietary supplement company that strives to help people Feel Better Naturally.

Beljanski is also an award winning author after