Start by marking “Getting COMFY: Your Morning Guide to Daily Happiness” as Want to Read:
Getting COMFY: Your Morning Guide to Daily Happiness

Getting COMFY: Your Morning Guide to Daily Happiness

Want to start getting a little bit better every single day, right when you wake up?

Get COMFY in the morning!

Get COMFY in your own skin!

Get COMFY with the rest of your life!

In a society based on constant external pressure to succeed, Getting COMFY is an internal method that thwarts this pressure right when you wake up. It is a 5-step voyage that soothes the mind and energi

Published January 28th 2018

Start your review of Getting COMFY: Your Morning Guide to Daily Happiness
SARA ABUDAHAB
More like 2.5.

The no-snooze challenge is all about getting comfy in the morning:
C-O-M-F-Y
C: Finding a Calming activity like meditation or 5 minutes of mindfulness.
O: Being Open to others, like showing interest in strangers you meet when you get your coffee and be genuine in you interest or when you interact with them, it will make your whole day better.
M: Start with a Movement, or at least try to add more movement to your daily routine and it would be perfect if you could exercise and listen to
Nick Jacobson
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Honest advice and tips that I have already incorporated into my morning routine. I found the lack of pressure to conform to one single method refreshing. Getting Comfy is whatever you make it, and I am beginning to find my own way of doing so!
LINDA
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
START SPREADING THE NEWS - GETTING COMFY HAS ARRIVED!!!
GETTING COMFY is a refreshing, intelligent, warm, empowering, and delightful book!!! Mr.Gross'
openness, wit, and insight makes it an easy to read, easy to follow and most importantly easy to implement - new way to face the day! You can't help but love the heartwarming, relatable, and inspiring stories - they make this a special guide by an outstanding new millennial author. It is quite unique to find a young man with such maturity, perceptio
Jordan A
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is great. Coming from someone who doesn't read much - the return I've gotten from reading this book has been awesome. Everyone could use a reminder to take hold of their happiness and focus on themselves a bit, and that's what this book did for me. Unlike a lot of books like this it wasn't preachy or in your face, just some helpful tips on staying mindful instead of going through motions.

Definitely recommend to any and all!
Arline
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Real world advice, thoughtful insights, and incredible stories and experiences from uniquely different perspectives.

Refreshingly candid and relatable author Jordan Gross keeps you engaged and motivated!
Joe Alvarez
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

Easy enjoyable and educational. Jordan delivers a wealth of wisdom. practical, funny and applicable information. Looking forward to trying some MomdelS.
Denisa D
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am glad to see that people pay more and more attention to their routines especially the morning one. The book is written in a clear manner and I love the little anecdotes. I enjoyed it very much!
Elizabeth
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Didn’t learn a lot of anything.

The author writes well but none of this is life changing information. This is all stuff is already do. Perhaps I’ve been trying to better my life for a while and this would be novel information if I were, say, 18.
Richelle Lopez
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done-reading
Inspiring and easy to follow steps on how to get comfy. I enjoyed reading the practical tips and can somehow relate to his experiences.
Stephanie H.
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not a morning person. I truly despise getting up in the morning, only motivated by social and personal obligations. I don’t know if Jordan Gross’s advice will turn me into a morning person, but it might at least give me some ways to make my mornings better.

Jordan Gross, unlike many self-help writers, isn’t necessarily an “expert” at getting up in the morning. He’s not a psychologist, he doesn’t use statistics or scientific backing in this book at all. Rather, he uses himself as a guinea pig,
Kay
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I just can't resist these self-help books. I'm sure the reason is why there are so many is one size does not fit all. It's a matter of seeking ideas and techniques that work for any one particular individual. This book is targeted to millennials, a young group (maybe not so young anymore) with the challenges of the distractions of modern society. Based on the young author's experiences and what works for him, he shares some good suggestions focused on getting the morning off to a good start. (CO ...more
Rehmat
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Collaborative authors Benjamin Spall and Michael Xander in their book My Morning Routine cover morning rituals of sixty-four extraordinary, creative, and accomplished individuals from around the globe from the likes of Olympic gold medalist Rebecca Soni, media magnate Arianna Huffington, to tidiness guru Marie Kondo. Whereas Jordan Gross similarly in his book Getting COMFY takes you to build such morning rituals that will keep you moving all the day with pursuing to accomplish your daily-goals s ...more
Synthia Salomon
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I struggle with mornings. I’m going to turn that around. According to Blinkist, “Mornings don’t have to be the roughest part of the day. By taking on a couple simple habits, you can craft a wake up routine that leaves you confident, collected and prepared to take on any challenge. Start each morning with a few minutes of mindful meditation, throw in some exercise, and build in a little time to pursue a passion that excites you, and the early hours of the day may just become something you look fo ...more
Carrie Jackson
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Getting COMFY, Gross outlines specific and tangible ways for people to get the most out of their day and find more fulfillment in their lives. He offers perspective that is practical and applicable but also leaves room for personalization. Getting COMFY isn’t a typical self-help book. Gross uses humor, modesty, and compassion to connect with readers. He is remarkably introspective and addresses difficult topics like vulnerability, forgiveness, gratitude, empathy, and asking for help. Through ...more
Mei-li J. Sivigny
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Applying these principals WILL Improve your life!!!

I truly enjoyed reading this book. Jordan took a risk and became quite transparent with his readers. The result is a book that catches your attention and leads you forward page by page to the possibility of living your life far better than you were before reading this book.
The principles he teaches are easily adapted to any belief system.
If you want to grow and have more fun, then read this book and apply it to your own life.
Sezgi
Feb 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
That was just the author telling what worked for him from his personal experience. Plus, there is no originality, everyone knows everything he talks about.

Please don't create excuses for yourself to "write a book". Being a coach does not entitle anybody to write a personal development book. If it really taught something, okay. This was pointless.

There's nothing new, nothing you already don't know. Don't waste your time.
Chloe Cuthbert
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like talking to a friend

Jordan has managed to write a self help book that feels more like having a conversation with a good friend rather than work. The COMFY morning routine is flexible, so that anyone can do it and feel better. Thanks so much Jordan for being vulnerable and sharing so much of yourself in this!
Chris Friesen
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Comfy is all about starting off each day on the right foot. This little book is easy to read and full of great tips. The author writes in an engaging and relatable style. I highly recommend this book for anyone looking to get the most out of their day and life.

Dr. Chris Friesen, Ph.D.
Author of Achieve: Find Out Who You Are, What You Really Want, & How To Make It Happen
Glenda Gordon
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice book with many good ideas

I found this book to be very enjoyable and informative. It provided many good and creative ideas to get your day started right. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in finding ways to make changes to their usual routines.
Karen Briscoe
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly inspiration and insights that will transform your life! Be happier and achieve success - Jordan shows you how to be COMFY! Karen Briscoe, author and podcast host 5 Minute Success
Chayong
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I like books like these from Blinkist.
Anders
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Giod points of how to start your day in a better way.
Aileen Noura Vitarelli
Guidance to fill up my 2021 journal/planner. Have seen better points than this.
Elka
rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2018

• Do Pause: You are not a To Do list
  • The Long View: Career Strategies to Start Strong, Reach High and Go Far
  • To Have or to Be? The Nature of the Psyche
  • The Inflamed Mind: A Radical New Approach to Depression
  • Unleashing the Ideavirus: Stop Marketing AT People! Turn Your Ideas into Epidemics by Helping Your Customers Do the Marketing thing for You.
  • The Bullseye Principle: Mastering Intention-Based Communication to Collaborate, Execute, and Succeed
  • The Biological Mind: How Brain, Body, and Environment Collaborate to Make Us Who We Are
  • Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor
  • The Art of Statistics: How to Learn from Data
  • How to Speak Machine: Computational Thinking for the Rest of Us
  • Novacene: The Coming Age of Hyperintelligence
  • Lead Like a Coach
  • The Fate of Food: What We'll Eat in a Bigger, Hotter, Smarter World
  • Pandemic: Tracking Contagions, from Cholera to Ebola and Beyond
  • The Breakfast Club for 40-Somethings: A Novel Approach to Unlearning Money and Reinventing Your Life
  • From #BlackLivesMatter to Black Liberation
Jordan believes that personal development is a never-ending process of imagining who you want to be, interpreting why you want to be that person, creating a plan to get there, and then implementing that plan in the most enjoyable and fulfilling way possible.

Through his platform Imagitivetation (imagination + interpretation + creativity + implementation), he helps guide people to think differently