Start by marking “Supremacy's Shadow (Dueling Planets Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Supremacy's Shadow (Dueling Planets Book 1)

Supremacy's Shadow (Dueling Planets Book 1)

"Half Han Solo, half Deadpool, Hayden Cross tries to stop an interplanetary war while relentlessly mocking everyone involved."

All books in the Dueling Planets series are standalone novels. You need not read them in order.

A new "grimsnark" science fiction thriller set on two planets in a barycentric orbit in the far future.

From the Back Cover
For Hayden Cross, a
Published February 9th 2018 by SF Productions

To ask other readers questions about Supremacy's Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Supremacy's Shadow

Start your review of Supremacy's Shadow (Dueling Planets Book 1)
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary | "Empathy" - Look it up.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author free for review consideration.

T. Eric Bakutis stepped from fantasy to science fiction as easily as someone taking a casual stroll down the block. The skills that enabled him to world-build so well without going overboard in his Tales of the Five Provinces series serve him equally well here. Supremacy’s Shadow is the first in a planned Dueling Planets series, and I can’t wait to see where he goes from here.

The main character, Hayden, is a
Cameron Johnston
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are many wonderfully serious military scifi and cyberpunk books out there, but this is not one of them!

Supremacy's Shadow does not take itself too seriously, spending more time on the adventure and 'grimsnark' than on brooding anti-heroes and long considerations of philosophy and the nature of humanity. Don't get me wrong, there are still dark and dangerous scenes that will make you wince - the best way to describe it is the book equivalent of an excellent 80's action movie. It hits the
Mary Fan
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
In the far future, ordinary "natural born" humans are in conflict with the genetically enhanced "Advanced" in a star system with two inhabited planets. The Advanced are tightening their control over the natural born in an oppressive state, but a group of fanatics is fighting back using terrorist tactics. Living in this mess is Hayden Cross, a military investigator and natural born whose pregnant wife was murdered by the fanatics thirteen years ago. He's made it his mission to eliminate those who ...more
Peat
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
They say you can't judge a book by its cover. And that's kinda right. The cover of Supremacy's Shadow is cool, but futuristic guy holding a nice rifle while the wind sweeps through the hair of his photogenic badass female companion could be anything. Everyone wants a piece of that action. Give it 10 years and that's how they'll market YA romance, except they'll make them both sparkly vampires.

But nobody said anything about the blurb so that's fair game for judgement, right? And the blurb here
R.K. Emery
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
This novel is unlike anything I have read. I think that it is a great testament to the imagination of a writer that I can say that. This novel really kept me on my toes as far as expecting the unexpected.

There is a lot going on and a lot to understand since you are diving into a new world. I think that T. Eric Bakutis really managed to keep his readers up to speed by giving them just enough along the way without making them feel lost or bogged down with information. It really shined light on to
Patricia
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I received this free from NetGalley and the publisher for an honest review.
This is the first in a series by T. Eric Bakutis, it is also the first time that I have read any of this authors books. This is a story that is hard to pigeon-hole in a genre, but basically it's sci-fi. It has touches of humor and grim sadness. And I loved it. The characters you come to love and care for. The villains are pretty nasty, but nothing is black and white. So you can't really assume anything. I was left
Alex Knight
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a hilarity-filled, action packed, absolute joy of a sci-fi romp. From geriatric car chases to merciless insults – even in the worst of situations – Supremacy’s Shadow will make you laugh and cry (though the crying will likely be due to how hard you’re laughing). Add in a fair mix of action and you’ve a cocktail of sci-fi awesome. I’m a notoriously picky reader, but this book was a true joy to read. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.

**Full disclaimer: I received an advanced reader
C. Gonzales
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a sci-fi novel that really made me think on a deeper level than most Sci-Fi novels.

I really enjoyed the pacing and how it was steady throughout. It is fast paced and doesn't let up and didn't have moments that dragged. It made for a fast and furious read.

The plot is full of exciting twists along the way and quite easy to follow.

The world that Bakutis has created is vivid and fun to become absorbed in.
George
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am definitely NOT a fan of "Book 1" stories, but this one is excellent. It could easily be called finished, but NO. I will need to buy a new seat belt for my recliner before I start whatever comes next.
Bender
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome space action novel. Starts with a interesting premise and then picks up packed like a downhill truck without brakes complete with a smashing climax. John McClane meets Master Chief. Highly recommended.
Allyn Nichols
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic sci-fi!

An excellent novel from start to finish. Great characters, solid plot and a wonderful new universe to explore. Highly recommended to all fans of science fiction. I already have the next book queued up! Excellent work
Joedarris
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Explosive action, flawed characters, corrupt world. What's not to like?
Holly
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at ragdollreads.co.uk

Ragdoll Rating: 4/5 Buttons

Recommended For: Fans of Sci-fi and action

About the Book…

Life sucks for Hayden Cross. His wife is dead, he’s just been fired and now someone is trying to kill him! But Cross soon comes across evidence that his wife faked her own death – solving this mystery will take Cross and his associates into the middle of a war, filled with terrorists, political machinations, espionage and betrayal!

What I thought…

I think probably the best
Dave
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ragdoll Rating: 4/5 Buttons

Recommended For:Fans of Sci-fi and action

About the Book...

Life sucks for Hayden Cross. His wife is dead, he's just been fired and now someone is trying to kill him! But Cross soon comes across evidence that his wife faked her own death - solving this mystery will take Cross and his associates into the middle of a war, filled with terrorists, political machinations, espionage and betrayal!

What I thought...

I think probably the best thing I can say about this book is that
Dan Phillips

• Starve Acre
  • The Temple House Vanishing
  • Enceladus
  • Maze
  • The Dungeoneers (The Dungeoneers, #1)
  • The Fourth Protocol
  • Money, Guns, And Lawyers
  • The Black Room, Part One: In The Black Room
  • Saint Christopher and the Gravedigger
  • Returning Fire
  • Requiem Infernal (Dark Coil)
  • Traitors' Fate: A Queen of Thieves Epic Fantasy Novel
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
  • Denial (Singularity's Children, #1)
  • Son of a Liche (The Dark Profit Saga, #2)
  • Orconomics (The Dark Profit Saga, #1)
  • Trojan (Andrew Harvey, #1)
  • Gailsone: Head of the Dragon
T. Eric Bakutis is an award-winning author and game designer. His first fantasy trilogy, Tales of the Five Provinces , is complete, and Analog Science Fiction and Fact actually liked his grimsnark scifi thriller, Supremacy’s Shadow , which he happily admits is filled with violently explosive nonsense. You can also check out his cyberpunk police procedural, Loose Circuit , if you enjoy reading ...more