Start by marking “How I Lost My Ear (Grandpa Gristle's Bedtime Tales)” as Want to Read:
How I Lost My Ear (Grandpa Gristle's Bedtime Tales)

How I Lost My Ear (Grandpa Gristle's Bedtime Tales)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
"How I Lost My Ear is an extraordinary imaginative achievement."

"Adam Beck is a master storyteller."

The epic, laugh-out-loud novel from author Adam Beck and illustrator Simon Farrow. A wildly entertaining page-turner for both children and adults, to read alone or read aloud.

Grandpa Gristle spins the story of a book-loving boy and his spiraling adventure with a state champi
Published January 30th 2018 by Bilingual Adventures

To ask other readers questions about How I Lost My Ear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How I Lost My Ear

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Alisa
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(also posted on Amazon)

Adam Beck has created a fun, fantastic universe in which Grandpa Gristle tells us the story of how he lost his ear. Including a dancing bear, 144 llamas, an ogre, a "grumpy banana" grandmother, and Giant heart bongos, we happily follow Benjamin Boyd, his family, and his town through their exciting adventures. The book centers around the fact that every person in the town has a nickname. As the story goes on, we see how some of those nicknames came about, and what one might
Jennifer Brunk
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story, full of adventure and fabulous characters. I highly recommend this book for tween and teens, or as a read-aloud for any age.
There are a couple of things I really appreciate about How I Lost My Ear. The first is fabulous storytelling without the cynicism or darkness that is used to create dramatic tension in so many books for this age group. Kids will love every page because, in addition to great entertainment, there is a fundamental good-heartedness to the story.
The o
Miraida Zoe
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super cool book! I love how the author keeps you wanting to continue to read more and more! I can't wait to read it to my 5 & 6 yo! I am sure they will not want to stop either! Creative, vivid, fun, and corky! :) LOVE IT!
George Lauer