Start by marking “Down Deep (Station Seventeen #4)” as Want to Read:
Down Deep (Station Seventeen #4)

Down Deep

(Station Seventeen #4)

He swore he'd never tell anyone about his ghosts.
And then he found a woman with deadlier secrets than his.

Ian Gamble has a past he'd rather forget--
which is exactly what he's doing
when the bar he's in catches fire.

But this is no accident,
and the hot, headstrong bar manager he saves from the blaze
knows more than she's sa
Published June 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Down Deep, please sign up.
Kimberly Kincaid No, this is a different book in the series :) In Too Deep is book 3 (featuring Luke Slater and Quinn Copeland) and Down Deep is book 4 (featuring Ian…moreNo, this is a different book in the series :) In Too Deep is book 3 (featuring Luke Slater and Quinn Copeland) and Down Deep is book 4 (featuring Ian Gamble and Kennedy Matthews)(less)

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I was totally entranced with Down Deep. Ian and Kennedy were two unbelievably strong, independent people with problems and secrets of their own. But, in the end, they found that they were a lot stronger together and that their pasts may have made them who they are today but didn't define them.

Ian was wonderful. Moody, broody and sexy as hell. He lived with a past that haunted him. He hid it well except for once a year when tequila was his best friend. But, this year is different. Kennedy is watching him
Dísir
To say that ‘Down Deep’ has got ‘lasting power’ makes it rather cringeworthy without the other kinds of innuendos that will probably come up here given the genre that I’m reviewing. Yet I’ve put book down and taken it up numerous times not because of boredom (but because of other things calling) and never once did I feel that it was difficult to get back into the flow of the story.

It’s easy and exciting enough to follow, the rather slow burn and build-up aside. But then, Kimberly Kincaid’s ‘Sta
Book Lover
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ian Gamble is Engine 17’s lieutenant and a former marine. He likes control, order and abides by the rules. He is intense, focused, and caring. His bond is tight with his firefighter family but he still keeps a little distance. And from the cover model, a total hottie!

Kennedy had a rough childhood but has pulled herself up to a better life, going to college, getting her own place and working a job she likes. She attempted to bring her younger brother, whom she raised, with her, but he
 Reading In Pajamas
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blog Tour, Review & Excerpt: DOWN DEEP: Station Seventeen by Kimberly Kincaid https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-aN9
Publication Date: June 18, 2018
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 5 Stars

I truly enjoyed this pulse-pumping romantic suspense. Gamble and Kennedy were both people I could relate to, even if the danger swirling around them was not – but that’s what makes it fun. Kennedy is a tough woman with a tender heart, and ghosts from Gamble’s past give him the p
Dali
Mar 28, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Cover Reveal over at my blog

Pre-Order https://amzn.to/2urnXJ8
Bec

Ian Gamble wishes he could forget his past. Too bad a night of drinking at the Crooked Angel Bar won't make that happen. However, it's just lucky that he's at the bar when a fire breaks out and he manages to get Kennedy Matthews, the bar's manager out without any problems. Yet, when the investigation is ruled arson, Ian pushes Kennedy to tell him what she's hiding, especially since he knows she's holding something back to do with the investigation. But when he learns the truth, Ian wonders wheth
Monique
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ian Gamble had every intention of getting royally drunk, as he did every year on that particular day. And he was well on his way to oblivion – and home – when coming out of the bathroom, he heard a commotion. He had spent a good part of his evening lusting after the bartender, the luscious Kennedy Matthews, who was being harassed by a customer. He knew Kennedy was no wilting flower, but he did not expect her to handle the customer all by herself! And Gamble’s lust – and other things – rose even ...more
Eileen
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! I do mean WOW!! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book!!! Kimberly Kincaid once again burns up the pages with Down Deep, the fourth book in her Station Seventeen series.

Ian Gamble wants nothing but to forget his past while at The Crooked Angel Bar and Grill when the place catches fire. With his experience as a firefighter and while in the Marines, his instincts get him and hot, headstrong bar manager, Kennedy Matthews, to safety. But those same feelings rev up when the fire is ruled an arson. Ke
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for well-written suspense, the kind that keeps you turning the pages while afraid of what those pages will hold, and that is the best thing about DEEP DOWN. Ms. Kincaid wrote a villain who really is the stuff of nightmares and knowing that he would get his is poor comfort when the scope of terror he could unleash before getting his comeuppance is so limitless. The fast pace of the action and the tense suspense make every minute of reading this book so worth it!

The synops
Jaymy M.
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A fiery suspenseful read, Kimberly Kincaid scorches the pages with Kennedy and Gamble's story.

This shows the ties that bind and just how easily combustible they can become when twisted just so.

You get the full gambit of emotions on a ride that starts with his annual observance of the day he was the only member of his team to left after a watch while deployed and Not getting the whole marriage thing.

Things shoot upward when a patron of Kennedy's bar gets a little overly a
P.e. lolo
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-fireman
Ian Gamble is a firefighter, but once a year he decides to drink more than he should to honor the friends he lost when he was on a mission with the Marines. Thinking that the night is over he decides to help Kennedy Matthews who manages the bar and is tough women. They have also been flirting a little, but each of them is not wanting to start anything. Getting ready to leave Ian smells fire and gets Kennedy out. Once outside and waiting for the fire department to arrive, Ian notices that Kennedy ...more
Heather
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ian is an ex Marine that is now a Lieutenant at the local Fire Department (Station Seventeen). Kennedy is the local bar owner from the wrong side of the tracks.

When Ian goes to Kennedy's bar (which happens to be the hang out for the station) to have a drink on the anniversary of the death of his men he sees her....Kennedy. The tattooed bad ass bar owner.

Kennedy has struggled her whole life. She busted her butt to get where she is now. A successful business owner. She's not going to
Bette Hansen
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Kimberly Kincaid has brought us a story from Station Seventeen filled with heat, heart, and passion. In this fourth book in the series we get the story of Ian Gamble and Kennedy Mathews. As with all the books you can read this one standalone but do yourself a favor and read this entire series. There is a wonderful twist of romance and suspense that will keep you turning page after page.

Gamble is a firefighter at Station Seventeen who is looking for one night to drown his s
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Mona
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book #4 in Station 17. Absolutely love this series. I loved Gamble and Kennedy. Both have issues.
Kennedy will do anything to protect the people she loves. She didn’t have it easy growing up. The night the fire broke out at her bar and grill things heated up pretty fast. It was intense with Ian too. She knew he was fighting something, and she wasn’t trying to invade on what was going on. But she wanted to help if she could. That wasn’t all that happened that night, and things spiraled out of con
Kimberly
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

3.75 Hearts Kennedy is an every woman. She has had a hard life. She is trying to get her life together. She has a brother…. And a bar. Ian has been through a lot. As a Marine and firefighter he has lived a life full or order and danger.

When a dumpster goes up in flames their relationship gets hot. They work to prove who the arsonist is because many think it is Kennedy’s brother and Ian is going to keep her safe even if she doesn’t want him to.

Really good
Tracie R
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgally
Down Deep is the forth book in Kimberly Kincaid’s Station Seventeen series and I highly recommend readers grab their copy. I love this series, Ian & Kennedy are the featured characters in this addition and they are amazing. This well written, engaging story took me on a journey from beginning to end and I just loved every minute.
Crystal Holloway
Lovely

Okay you know when you pick up a Kim K read, it's going to rock. A little sweet, a little funny and a whole lot of bad assery. Of course there's the super awww moments of love and the fan yourself sex scenes. It's awesome sauce, pick it up today.
Pelusa Rivera
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to authors..I enjoyed this book and even though I had not read the previous books in this series (sigh) I didn't feel lost, I however will read the previous 3 because I did enjoy this one. I always enjoy heroines who are strong-not bitchy but strong, and I felt we had that with Kennedy. Then we have Gamble an arson investigator who is also seriously attracted to Kennedy but she was holding info back from him. Why? and who is she protecting? Good story and you also like the ...more
Christi Barth
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a great, sexy suspense! A tough as nails heroine. A hard as titanium hero. And a mystery they work through together while falling hard for each other...every element is rock solid in this page-turning romance from Kimberly Kincaid. All I can say is bravo, and I need more!
JG
The fourth book in the Station Seventeen series brings together Ian and Kennedy, two secondary characters in previous books finally gets their own story. Down Deep is also full of heat of the bedroom kind as well as the arson kind. When these two finally started acting on their attraction no one really predicted that it would end in a fire, literally! As they investigate what caused it and who might be involved, both their painful pasts comes to light. Down Deep is as exciting and suspenseful as ...more
Nikki Brooks
My first Kimberly Kincaid book but it won't be my last - as usual I find a series and read it backwards LOL!

Ian and Kennedy are characters with heart and soul and really burrowed deep into my heart quickly. Kennedy was pulled in all directions after the fire at the bar and Ian was determined to save her, even from herself.

Whilst I did struggle a tad with the quick leap over the kinda friends to lovers there was a real slow bloom to the love side of the couple after the lust ignited!
Jennifer Schultheis
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Down Deep by Kimberly Kincaid is a fast-paced read with plenty of action and romance that will make readers eagerly devour each page, while secretly wondering how fast can the author get the next book in the series out. No cliffhangers here, just pure romantic suspense, that you will want to re-read many times over.

Ian Gamble is a strong man. He’s a firefighter and used to be a Marine, but even the strongest men have a past they can’t forget. Ian wants to forget his problems and goes down to Th
Carolyn's
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing romance full of fire! Ian Gamble and Kennedy Matthews definitely bring the heat! I loved these characters. I had not read the other books in this series so I wasn't real sure what to expect- I was engroused the entire read.

Kimberly Kincaid wrote a romance that you become emotionally invested in while mesmerizied by the suspense/thriller aspect as a serial arsonist ravages the city.
Sandy S
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 18, 2018

Ian Gamble has a past he’d rather forget—which is exactly what he’s doing at The Crooked Angel Bar and Grill when the place catches fire. Between his active duty in the Marines and his experience as a firefighter, his instincts get him and hot, headstrong bar manager, Kennedy Matthews, to safety. But those same instincts kick into high gear when the fire is ruled an arson, and he discovers Kennedy’s got secrets of her own.
Rachel
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can you hear that noise? It’s the 5-alarm warning that your next must-read book is here and ready to burn up your ereader.

Are you ready to go deep and fall hard for two of my favourite characters ever? I’m not kidding, I LOVED Gamble and Kennedy. These two hard as nails characters stole my heart completely and I’m more than happy to have it happen.

I’ve been waiting for what felt like forever to read this story. I knew going in I had high expectations, but the author total
April
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I went into this book with no preconceived notions at all. I haven't read any of the other books in this series. Actually, I haven't read any books by this author yet at all. I am oh so glad I have now discovered Kimberly Kincaid and Station 17 series. I truly enjoyed reading this book and plan to delve into the rest of the series as well now that I have had a taste.

Ian Gamble is an alpha male with a military past that he keeps to himself. He is excellent at keeping people close, but still at a
Book Break  With Lisa
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
April says...

4 stars

I went into this book with no preconceived notions at all.  I haven't read any of the other books in this series.  Actually, I haven't read any books by this author yet at all.  I am oh so glad I have now discovered Kimberly Kincaid and Station 17 series.  I truly enjoyed reading this book and plan to delve into the rest of the series as well now that I have had a taste.

Ian Gamble is an alpha male with a military past that he keeps to him
Between My BookEndz
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books-read
There are plenty of things smoking in Kimberly Kincaid’s Deep Down. A serial arsonist is torching buildings in town, threatening not only property and lives but bar manager Kennedy Matthews’ brother Zander. But those fires cannot compete with the sparks between Kennedy and Fire Lieutenant Ian Gamble that are igniting into a four-alarm blaze of passion!

Station Seventeen’s Lieutenant Ian Gamble is the definition of tall, dark and handsome, although his darkness emanates not just from h
Vivian
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

I don’t read romantic suspense very often but Down Deep by Kimberly Kincaid was definitely worth it. It is exciting and easy to follow along. I was entertained from the very beginning and the story kept me on my toes. There is just something about first responders and law enforcement officers. Maybe it’s the fact they seem alpha and brave, but this story about a firefighter will get your engine going.

Down Deep is a standalone, but it does build on the arson story-lines of pr
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Pursuit of Mrs. Pennyworth
  • Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1)
  • SEAL Camp (Tall, Dark and Dangerous, #12)
  • Ignite: 6  (Bolt Saga #6)
  • Coming In Hot (Jupiter Point #6)
  • Abandoned Love (Love Sick, #2)
  • Visionary X Starlight (Earthala, #1)
  • Tempted by the Viscount (A Shadows and Silk Novel)
  • Mutation Z Series, Books 1-6: The Ebola Zombies, Closing the Borders, Protecting Our Own, Drones Overhead, Dragon in the Bunker, Desperate Measures
  • Assassin's Soul (Angel Crusades, #1)
  • Someday my Witch Will Come (Wicked Society, #2)
  • Ultimate Courage (True Heroes, #2)
  • Unpredictable Love (Shades of Love, TRUST Series #6)
  • From Geek to Greek Billionaire
  • Ruthless (Nomad Outlaws Trilogy, #1)
  • Dragon Equinox: A Reverse Harem Dragon Romance (Immortal Dragons Book 6)
  • Forgotten (The Deception Game, #2)
  • Call to Engage (Team Poseidon #2)
Kimberly Kincaid writes contemporary romance that splits the difference between sexy and sweet. When she's not sitting cross-legged in an ancient desk chair known as "The Pleather Bomber", she can be found practicing obscene amounts of yoga, whipping up anything from enchiladas to éclairs in her kitchen, or curled up with her nose in a book. Kimberly is a USA Today best-seller and 2015 RWA RITA® f ...more

Station Seventeen (5 books)
  • Skin Deep (Station Seventeen #1)
  • Deep Burn (Station Seventeen #2)
  • In Too Deep (Station Seventeen, #3)
  • Forever Deep (Station Seventeen #3.5)