Start by marking “Midday Moon Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Midday Moon Vol. 1

Midday Moon Vol. 1

Amano is a human who works at a small, strange inn on the edge of civilization that serves as a refuge for the Others—immortal visitors from the everlasting world, which exists parallel to the transient world of mankind. When Tsukuyomi, the king of the world of the deathless, pays a visit to the inn, it’s up to Amano to tend to his every need. But to his shock, the haughty ...more
Published by PRINTEMPS PUBLISHING

To ask other readers questions about Midday Moon Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midday Moon Vol. 1

Start your review of Midday Moon Vol. 1
JoAnn
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
For someone like me that’s never been into anime, manga or anything else like that I’ll have to admit that I’m slowly becoming addicted to yaoi. Not sure if I’m fangirl status yet, but I do enjoy them when well written.

Unfortunately I’ve been trying to read them on my kindle paper white, which has been ok until this one...
This one looked so beautiful in black and white that I felt I was really missing out on seeing it in color.
Luce
Could have done with a little extra world building maybe? But whatever, I loved it anyway, it is absolutely everything I wanted to read at the moment.
Abi
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh. Didn't love the drawing style, and overall not really my thing.
Elaine White
While I *generally* liked the book, I didn't feel like it came across as a complete, cohesive story. There was no "endgame" or goal for the characters to reach. One had lost all memory of their childhood friendship, and the other had sacrificed his human world to be with him, knowing he'd lose his memories too. I was hoping there would be some resolution, some trick that meant because they were together that memory loss wouldn't work, but it never came. The story could easily have ended halfway ...more
Jaylee
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This might be my favorite yaoi manga I've read so far... Not necessarily because of the feelsy-ness of it, but just because it's so hauntingly beautiful. The art is lovely, and the creativity of the world drew me in immediately.

The main character works at an inn that serves as a barrier between the world of spirits and the mortal world. The spirit world is ruled by a human being who is sacrificed to live forever in the spirit world and slowly lose their memory and their humanity. That human bei
Nerys Medina
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite interesting

Let's get the fangirling out of my system first: I WANT MORE! I WANT TO READ MORE ABOUT THEIR LIFE TOGETHER! MY FEELS!

OK, with that out, let's talk about the story and characters.

I admit that I'm a sucker for myths and supernatural stuff, even more so when it has to do with culture, folklore or history. So, the fact that this story has a bit of each is great.

The art is a mix of realistic and fantastically mixed components with a touch of historical references.

Now, as it was onl
Shay
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This was my first yaoi! The cover art captivated me immediately as did the rest of the illustrations throughout the volume. I went in with no expectations. Ita obvious the story is drawn out so there are more "good parts". I'm not complaining. I do wish they would have used it more as a tool to advance the plot. Again, this is my first yaoi, I'm not sure if this is anoatrern or not. Overall I enjoyed it. I'd love to know more of the lore and their lives continuing on. I enjoyed it!
Michelle
Amano works at an inn where the transient world meets the eternal world on the regular. One day the Moon King comes for a visit and Amano is stunned to find he looks like his childhood friend Mitsuki who fell into the sea and was lost. Omg, this made me cry. Lovely storytelling, wonderful art. Extras at the end featuring the Zhenniao birdman character.
Devon
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Lavoie
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful art, bittersweet story

The story between Tsukuyomi and Amano is bittersweet but the art is beautiful. The bonus story between Tsai Hong and Fei is sweet and cute with a little humor. I liked both. Well worth the read.
Kaitlin
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, m-m-romance
It was kind of hard to follow the world rules but nice art and story
Susan
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: medium-ebook
I reviewed this for Lady Business, and I LIKE it, but it's weird and sad! ...more
Alexis Drake
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, manga
Bellissimi disiegni, storia a tratti piuttosto angst proprio come piace a me. L'ho preferito a Replay per esempio.
Gratis con Kindle Unlimited.
Corinna Cornett

• HOW TO CATCH A RUNAWAY SHEEP (Yaoi Manga) #1
  • HOW TO CATCH A RUNAWAY SHEEP (Yaoi Manga) #3
  • Tie Me, Unravel Me, Kiss Me
  • Steal Moon, Volume 01
  • Photogenic Superstar (Yaoi Manga) Vol. 1 (Photogenic Superstar (Yaoi Manga))
  • Our Dining Table
  • Dog Tag (Yaoi Manga) Vol. 1
  • SUPER NATURAL (Yaoi Manga) #1
  • Tricky Prince, Vol 1
  • HOW TO CATCH A RUNAWAY SHEEP (Yaoi Manga) #2
  • 山田と少年 [Yamada to Shounen]
  • 飴色パラドックス 4 (amber paradox #4)
  • SUPER NATURAL (Yaoi Manga) #2
  • 飴色パラドックス 1 [Ameiro Paradox 1] (Amber Paradox #1)
  • Under One Roof With the Beast (Yaoi Manga) #3
  • Fire in His Fingertips: A Flirty Fireman Ravishes Me With His Smoldering Gaze, Vol. 1

News & Interviews