Start by marking “Narcosis Room” as Want to Read:
Narcosis Room

Narcosis Room

Total Recall meets Scott Westerfeld’s Uglies.

Sleep for three months and make your problems go away.

Ellie Savage is used to promises. Her dermatologist dad and her psychiatrist mom run the Narcosis Clinic, a medical facility famous for ultimate makeovers, where disturbing issues are resolved while patients are beautified. Clients like pop star Dean Mathews are grateful to n
Expected publication: February 19th 2019 by Owl Hollow Press

To ask other readers questions about Narcosis Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Narcosis Room

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
38261553.jpg

So "Narcosis Room" is a standalone Young-Adult: Mystery and suspense novel.
My first experience with this particular author and one that for the most part was a positive one.
This was a clean YA read told from multiple POV's: Mostly Ellie but also some from Dean and Cole too.
I found this such an interesting concept and idea especially considering though fiction this had some loose base in factual reality.
The idea that you can sleep away treatments and trauma while someone basically fixes and repro
Jypsy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Narcosis Room is a ya fiction novel. Told from different points of view, the story is engaging with original ideas. The characters are likeable and clever. There's action and drama and a surprise ending. Fans of the genre will enjoy it. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Lindsey
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Narcosis. Sleep for three months, and wake up perfected. Want clear skin and an A in chemistry? Need surgery but dont want to deal with the pain or the healing time? Wake up perfect with Narcosis.
Ellie's parents are the only successful narcosis doctors. Can they fix her memory loss? Dylan is the singing star, but his stutter came back after his horrible breakup with his girlfriend, and the other half of is boy band. Cole just wishes Ellie would stop messing with his heart, and pretending he does
Gea
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Impressive, disturbing and heartwarming!
No, not all at the same time.
What kept me on edge throughout reading the story was: what could possibly be the reason for taking such drastic measures?

The love story makes it a more enjoyable read and distracts from all seriousness.

Fortunately in the end the mysteries are solved.

The fact that there really were rooms like this... I really don’t want to think of it for too long.
They say desperate times call for desperate measures. That must be true. But it’
Tammy
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
At first it is a bit confusing with meeting all the characters. The titles of the chapters did help and sometimes I had to look back to see who I was reading about but that could be due to my cold/concentration level at the time. The story itself was really good and I really couldn't tell who the bad guys were for sure or if there really were any until later in the book. Ending was a cliffhanger for the next victim or one of those endings you find in Stephen King or a movie that leaves you mouth ...more
Dave Milbrandt
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review of its merits.

A fun YA romp, which seemed a bit far-fetched at the until you read the research notes. I thought the story would have been better as a near-future tale, but that more a personal preference. Also, the main characters are a bit tame in their language for teenagers (particularly amorous ones), but I'm a high school teacher, so I hear and see more than others might.

Brandi Colvin
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this YA novel! The author does an excellent job keeping the reader engaged the entire time, with no lulls in the story development. There are several surprising plot twists, and the suspense keeps you wondering what will happen next. The character development is rich and allows the reader to grow attached to each character and root for them throughout the book.
Shannon Asher
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very unique story based on events in real life. Sure to capture and hold the readers attention throughout. Plenty of twists and turns that will have you clinging to your chair. A sweet romance entwined with plenty mysteries and surprises. However it is left on a cliff hanger... you have been warned.
Katherine Kidwell
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love!!! I was enchanted at the get go for Narcosis Room! The characters were well-rounded, the plot fast-paced and the boys dreamy. I stayed up way too late reading just one chapter more, then the twists started happening and I really didn’t get any sleep! Can’t wait for the sequel!
Brooke
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an interesting story with a unique premise. I was invested in the characters and the outcome of the story. That being said, there were some plot holes and some inconsistencies throughout. Overall, I think it was a good read.
Melanie McFarlane
Feb 05, 2018
Stephanie Shipley
Mar 04, 2018
Corinne Sparks
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This! This is what YA fiction should be! It's all the things that we know and love about YA fiction, and has many of the tropes of the genre - but it's so finely crafted that it's a real joy to read, and a book that I would recommend to all readers.
Adults will get something a little more from the novel, an extra layer of nuance that goes beyond the teen drama of the obvious plot, and I certainly picked up on the true monsterous characters of some of the books people - where one could argue they
christy caldwell
Jan 12, 2019
Amanda Evans
Dec 09, 2018
Smart Bookaholics Inc Bookstore
This book was engaging from page 1. It had everything you would want in a book! The dynamic different points of view made this book fresh fun and inviting. Thank you Netgalley for the free earc in exchange for an honest review.
Helena#bookdreamer
Samantha Phelps
Amy
Lucy
Jan 31, 2018
  • The Marriage Pact (Loving an Aldridge, #1)
  • The Night Human Hunter (Hunter Trilogy #1)
  • Searching for Gertrude
  • Proper Attire
  • The Songs of You and Me
  • The Immortal Vow (Rite World: Rite of the Vampire Saga, #3)
  • Royal Ball (Pimpernel #2)
  • Ruthless (Nomad Outlaws Trilogy, #1)
  • Forgotten (The Deception Game, #2)
  • Abandoned Love (Love Sick, #2)
  • Mystic Realms: A Limited Edition Collection of Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Romances
  • Bellyache: A Delicious Tale
  • A Pilgrimage to Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #1)
  • Dream World (Dream Waters #2)
  • VISIONARY X STARLIGHT (Earthala, #1)
  • Dragon Equinox: A Reverse Harem Dragon Romance (Immortal Dragons Book 6)
  • Unorthodox Chemistry (The Unorthodox Trilogy #2)
  • Vow of Devotion (Vow, #4)
Louise Cypress believes in friendship, true love, and the everlasting power of books. She has never met a vampire, but she has been to a Love Sucks concert on Valentine’s Day. Louise can often be found curled up with a romance novel on Saturday night, diet soda in hand, secretly wishing bustles were back in fashion. Louise lives in San Diego, California, where the beach is crowded and summer is im ...more