Start by marking “Paranormal Parasites: The Voracious Appetites of Soul-Sucking Supernatural Entities” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  36 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The terrifying truth is that the Earth is one big farm.

And to paranormal parasites...we are the cattle.

Most people remain oblivious to the truth--there's a monstrous menagerie of supernatural entities that feed upon human victims without our knowledge. Fueling themselves with our psychic energy, high states of emotion, and essential lifeforce, these dark entities attack a/>And
Published September 8th 2018 by Llewellyn Publications

To ask other readers questions about Paranormal Parasites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paranormal Parasites

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Kirsti
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book!

Argh, in some places this was downright scary! I felt the hairs on the back of neck rise and I haven't ever experienced anything remotely similar to what some of the people had. Basically, if you're looking for a book to scare the pants off you while presenting things just simply as the author and others have experienced, then this is the paranormal book for you. I've read many books on similar subjects, but th
Ashley
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I'm not gonna lie. I read this book because I am into creepy things and believe half of what this book is about. That and I also love Nick Redfern's writing though this was the first book by him that I have read. I do read his articles on Mysterious Universe.

While I did like this book at times some of the stories just seemed too out there even for me. But then again I do guess everything is possible in this world.

I think the only true downside of this book is some of the
Audrey Laurey
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I ate this book up in two nights. A well researched account on all things supernatural. The research being tales from persons who have had supernatural contact, and supernatural investigators. So, no hard research, but still an enjoyable read. The general premise being that their are paranormal beings one can encounter that are set on feeding on your energy/soul.
Robert Goerman
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal Parasites is a spooky and unsettling journey. Its arguments are as disturbing as watching maggots feed on a carcass. It is, quite honestly, a springboard to nightmares.

Unfortunately, this book is not simply grandiose speculation. Redfern hits the ground running and covers a lot of territory. His menagerie includes Black-Eyed Children, Shadow People, djinn, thought-forms, Men in Black, aliens, hungry ghosts, incubi and succubi, Bigfoot, zombies, vampires, and spectral namel
Lael Braday
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Basically, this book attempts to warn humans that they are being farmed like cattle across planet Earth as food for energy entities, inter-dimensional and extraterrestrial, who wish to eat souls. Redfern, author of 30+ books on UFOs, Bigfoot, and cryptozoology, takes readers through the minutia of anecdotal evidence for cryptids, some timeworn, a bit somewhat newer, all of it always fun and interesting. The book begins with an explanation of supernatural energy, or orgone, as defined by Wilhelm ...more
Ginae B.
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal Parasites is very organized. It is organized into the types of parasites which one can and will encounter in the paranormal realm. Some are common; Shadow People and Mind Monsters. Others are less common, such as The Djinn and Soul Stealers.

Redfern begins the book with a brief overview of critical life energies. This is his foundation for the variously listed vermin. Smart!

Redfern begins with the famed, "Goat-Man of Lake Worth," and we have been hearing about h
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: july-2018
4.5 Stars

Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review

Quick overhaul of this book, it talks about all kinds of different 'monsters' and how they feed off of us. My favorite part were the Black Eyed Children (they're pictured on the cover), I've long since been creeped out but enthralled by them. It also talks about Slenderman which is one of those cases that prove our thoughts are more powerful than we think. I loved the stories that went along with ea
Curious Reader
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow... this was surprising. It was quite informative. Would definitely recommend to people who are interested in the topic.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. Special thanks to the author and publisher for giving me a chance to read it.
Melinda Anders
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are into supernatural subjects then you will enjoy this book. It covers lots of different subjects like Bigfoot, Men In Black, Black Eyed Children, Aliens and other subjects. The theories that the author comes up with are quite amazing.
Christina
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing book which was by turns, creepy and definitely scary. I truly believe that there are things out there that are mysterious and frightening. A very good book that I happened to read in one sitting. I voluntarily read this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Joseph A Saunders
Sep 23, 2019
Sk Ong
rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2019
Jekyllhyde
Oct 31, 2018
Splatter Geist
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you're not well-educated about creepy and unnatural things, don't worry. Paranormal Parasites reads astute observations and eery case studies as if Stephen King had gotten behind the wheel and whispered to the author, "No, no, no. We want to scare their pants off, so mention this and that." Thoroughly a great read all-in-all, Redfern did an excellent job at shining the light on darker things which might lurk about in the dark. Naturally, everything in it should be taken with a hint of salt as ...more
Jeff O'Brien
Mathieu Gaudreault
Sep 19, 2018
Whisper
Apr 25, 2019
Nick Redfern is a British best-selling author, Ufologist and Cryptozoologist who has been an active advocate of official disclosure, and has worked to uncover thousands of pages of previously-classified Royal Air Force, Air Ministry and Ministry of Defence files on UFOs dating from the Second World War from the Public Record Office.

He has has appeared on a variety of television programmes in the