Start by marking “Cursed (The Gaia Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cursed (The Gaia Chronicles, #1)

Cursed

(The Gaia Chronicles #1)

Published March 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cursed, please sign up.
Grace White The answers will come as the story unravels in the next books

Grace…more
The answers will come as the story unravels in the next books

Grace(less)
jasmin Can we get a spoiler at least or at least when the next books are to be released this year I hope

Start your review of Cursed (The Gaia Chronicles, #1)
Jay Collins
2.5 to maybe 3 stars, it was okay but not much really happened. It was mostly a setup book and not really a great plot/story. The characters were okay and likable, the writing was okay but nothing great but the main issues is your waiting the whole book for something cool to happen and you never really great it. You get some things explained in the end but it did not do much for me. I am on the fence if I will continue with this series even tho it had some potential.
Coco.V
Nov 14, 2018 marked it as maybe
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on iBooks today (11/14/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
It isn't easy being the girl who feels the world...

Isolation is all nineteen-year-old Terra Materson has known for the last six years. Hiding from the cruel whispers and judgmental stares of society, she suffers the pain of the world around her in silence. The air that moves … the water that flows …the fire that burns … the earth that grounds, Terra feels it all. Despite her grandmother’s insistence it’s a gift, she knows it is nothing more than a cur
Colleen's Conclusions
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received Cursed from the author in exchange for an honest review, but that doesn't change my thoughts at all.

I really liked Cursed by Grace White because there was a bit of mystery and intrigue for it. I knew something was going on that was beyond the whole "she's a witch" plot, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it and was surprised with the reveal when it came.

I liked the idea that this was in a college setting too and am definitely looking forward to book number two because I think tha
Searcy
This was a little disappointing, but if the intriguing aspects of the story are realized in the next book(s), I might be inclined to bump this to 2.5 stars.

Overall, CURSED had a sort of gentle, delicate, intimate feel which I liked. And the idea of Gaia, Eros, the Chosen and the threats to the Earth I liked. The fact that it was set in college, and not young teens in high school I liked. So there were positives to the story. It was also cleanly written, and the characterizations were solid enoug
Sheena
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Compelling start to a brand new saga...

I make no secret of the fact that reverse harem is one of my favourite types of book to read... there is nothing better than knowing, or at least hoping, that when the final page is turned the girl will get all the guys... add to that a young adult/paranormal story created by the alter ego of one of my newly discovered favourite authors and this book was always going to be a must read for me...

The original premise deals with weighty topics of loss, and isol
Anna
So far so good.
I did not read enough of it to be able to form any sort of concrete opinion on the story (meaning it was short). But as much as there was to read, I liked.
An interesting concept for the story, plus the characters all seemed to be pretty interesting. For anything other than that, I'll have to read the next book.
Jessica Robbins
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle
Great World Building

What great writing! This book is just full of little nuggets of world building on each and every page. I honestly had no clue what was coming next and stayed hooked the whole time. Incredible world building, great characters, and story that will keep you wanting more. If you are looking for a great slow burn paranormal reverse harem romance novel then this is the book for you. I really liked it so I give it 4/5 stars.
Prismseven
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Cursed

This story was an enjoyable quick read that gave a snapshot of what the rest of the series will build upon.
Giulietta
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5
It is a 0.99 book that is intriguing but too short and too fast paced and therefore I simply cannot put a total 3. However, this feeling of intrigued is starting to make me think of reading the next one.
Urban Fantasy Fanatic
Jennifer G
Shelves: reverse-harem
Terra Materson is the girl who feels the world. She feels the history and the pain of the very earth. Different, she is shunned by her classmates as a young girl, even her parents didn't understand her. When they died Terra went to live with her Grandmother on her farm and found the one person who understood her, told her that her abilities were a gift, not a curse, and taught her how to control them. But now her Grandmother has died and Terra is all alone in the world. Although she might be gon ...more
Louise Roach
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so it has been established now that Grace White can write books that I wholeheartedly enjoy. I
am always so nervous to go outside of my comfort zone, but after reading the Lilituria Phrophecy and enjoying it so much, I am so excited to have another series from this author, and the first book in the Gaia Chronicles did not disappoint!

In this book we meet Terra Materson, who has always known there was something 'different' about herself. She is in touch with the feelings of those around her,
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Terra Materson grew up knowing she was different. She feels things she shouldn’t . . .like the feelings of the natural elements that surround her and make up the world. Ostracized as a child by others due to what they felt were odd behaviors, she was all too happy to move to her grandmother’s remote home when her parents died where she isolated herself from society as she basked in her grandmother’s love and acceptance of her gift.

When her grandmother dies, she gives Terra one last gift . . . ad
Daisy Delfin
Kayla Pipkin
Shelves: reverse-harem
**This review may contain spoilers.**

I'm not even sure where to start with this book!

Terra is not your average girl.
Being able to feel the pain of the world, well the Earth, is a huge burden to carry.
Everyone thinks you're a freak and forming relationships is hard.
It's why Terra decided it was easier to isolate herself away from everyone, but her grandmother.
However, after her Gran passes, she learns she applied to college for Terra.
And she was accepted.
Starting life anew at college is supposed
Kaitlynne
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
* I am voluntarily reviewing complimentary Advance Readers Copy of this book. All of the thoughts and opinions that are expressed below are completely and totally %100 percent mine, and I have not been compensated in any way for this review.*

I thought this book was a really promising start to a series, and really my only complaint was the fact that it went SO fast, and was SO short. Seriously, I read this book in just a few hours, and just when things were getting interesting BAM it's over, and
Jess
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Look, we all know there are formulas that are followed by types of books, but writing is an art form; you can't just plug elements of a story in and come out the other side with a great piece of writing. Unfortunately White just hits the elements without taking the time develop the world and the people. I can't tell you the names of the characters because I didn't form any connection to them. There are four guys and you have the briefest of moments with them both as the reader and in their inter ...more
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***
This book was nothing like I expected. It was so much better than I could have thought. It starts off slow and finally builds to more Drama and secrets than you could ever imagine. When starting this book, make sure you give the book about 5 chapters and then it starts to pick up.
Terra has grown up knowing she was different but never really knew what it was. When Terra's parents died, she moved in with her grandmother and cared for her unt
Anne
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem, arc

I think this read is exactly that, an introduction. Nothing much has happened plot-wise but I can admit that I'm interested at what, where and how it intended to go from here on.

Again, since this is pretty much and intro, I still haven't made up my mind regarding the heroine, Terra. Before meeting the guys, I can say that I like her. But I got wary of her at the last few chapters. (Maybe 80% onwards).

She got...a little wishy-washy. She couldn't decide for herself if she wanted space or wanted

C. Erani Kole
*voluntarily and honestly reviewed the ARC I received from Lady Amber's PR*

I bounced between a 3 and 3.5 for this. I enjoy the author's YA/NA works but this one felt more like a prequel for an awesome series. Terra is a straight-laced girl who's known hardships and heartache, and going to her dream college is supposed to help. But a lot of things are more than they appear, and some may be too much for Terra to handle.

I enjoyed Terra. She was cautious, but curious, and tried to do things out of h
Jordan
This was an interesting book that left me with some questions, but definitely awaiting book 2.
Terra is different. She can sense the earth and know its pain. After the death of her grandmother, her only relative, Terra leaves her home to go to college, a school she was planning on attending a year before, until her grandmother got sick.
When she arrives on campus she meets several guys at different times, all whom she feels some kind of connection to. She also meets a girl, her dorm RA, who sense
CoullCat
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve always liked the idea and myths around Gaia, plus I’m a huge mythological fan, especially Ancient Greek, so I really enjoyed this unique take on some of those myths. Also, it’s a slow burn Reverse Harem; what more could you want?

Terra provided a great POV into her world, where she feels nature, feels Earth. And the guys were a great representation of their elements. Of course with a name like Terra - which is Latin for Earth - and her connection to the world, the revelations in the book com
Kimmie
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book! This is an amazing story. It is so well
written so thought through and just read so well. I just could
not put the book down.

This book is about Terra and her four elements. She is
devastated after her grandmother's passing but even more
surprised when she receives an envelope from her
grandmother sending her to college. And that is where she
meets for wonderful young men she drawn to them but she
doesn't understand why. She's only felt this before from the
earth from the winds f
Kira Assad
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was really fascinated with the concept of this series so I knew I had to try it out. I was not disappointed!

Terra has always felt different. Her parents never understood her and her childhood was hard as others teased her. It is not till she goes to live with her grandmother that she feels a sense of home. Her grandmother encourages her to trust her abilities and let the world in, literally for Tessa as she can feel life itself around her. Her grandmother wanted her to continue on with her li
Jennifer Shiels
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cursed is the first book in a new paranormal series called The Gaia Chronicles. Terra Materson is a nineteen year old young woman who just lost her last family member. Her grandmother just passed away from cancer and she lost both her parents when she was 13 years old. Terra has always felt so different from others, she could always feel everything around her from trees, nature, water, air, etc. Her parents didn't understand her but her Grandmother did and she was so supportive. Now she's alone ...more
Betty Leung
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Has potential

I was intrigued by the blurb saying this book is a reverse harem book. The only other book I’ve read with that description is CL Stones Academy series and I love those books. So I wanted to see how this book measured up. It was good.
Terra is a shy girl who has a lot of hurt and heartbreak in her past. The four guys come into her life little by little showing her more of her powers.
It is kinda repetitive, especially the parts where Terra keeps describing the four Hs personalities.
Book Addict
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The concept behind this book is so intriguing and original and initially I was unsure if I would like it but it really was a great book to read. Terra feels the earth and has been isolated most of her life when her grandmother dies and she goes to college. Here she discoverers who she really is and she meets 4 guys. You can really feel for Terra as she feels different to everyone and no one seems to understand her! All the gifts feel the connection to Terra, but I have to admit that Sol is my le ...more
Melissa
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, reverse-harem
This was a great quick read. very much enjoyed this book. Loved the Mother Earth concept don't see that out there much.
Terra is such a great character. I love how much she came out of her shell and grew as an adult. It was refreshing to have a main character of YA feel mature and not come off as a whiny teenager, as they so often do.
Her guys are all swoon worthy...especially Sol... I think I found my new book boyfriend. I just love the brooding alpha type.
I wish there would have been more int
Sairaika
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A mythical read!

It isn't easy being the girl who feels the world...
Finding out the truth is never easy...

Right away, without getting into the heart of the story and without any answers, I already became emotionally invested in this read - I knew that I would not be able to stop reading once I started. And here I am up way past midnight because I just finished this magnificent book and now I am writing my review but it was and indeed it was worth it.

Reveals were made. Truths came out. Connectio
Margaux Espinosa
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I’m going to admit, more often than not I pick up a book to read without ever looking at what it’s about or who it’s written by. This was one of those times. I just liked the cover, remembered seeing it around the FB book groups I’m a part of and thought why the hell not. So glad I did, this was an extremely well written book with great well developed characters that had distinct personalities, and it has an original storyline. I’m so excited to finish reading this series, because let’s face it ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• First Impressions (Fated Wings, #1)
  • Emerge (Hosting Gods, #1)
  • Daughter of Persephone (Cerberus, #1)
  • The Valkyrie's Princes (Jeweled Wings, #1)
  • Forgotten Specters (Fated Wings, #2)
  • Runes of Truth (A Demon's Fall #1)
  • Her Wolf (Silver Shifter #1)
  • Dirty Angels (Lilith and Her Harem, #3)
  • Protector of Midnight (Chronicles of Midnight, #1)
  • Mercy's Protectors (Mercy Ashby, #1)
  • Fierce Angels (Lilith and her Harem, #2)
  • Finding Somewhere to Belong (Seaside Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Invisible (The Curse of Avalon, #1)
  • Finding the Fire Within (Seaside Wolf Pack, #2)
  • Werewolf Academy: Year One
  • Night Magic (Savior City Witches, #1)
  • Gifted Connections 2 (Gifted Connections, #2)
  • Six Branches (The Agora Series, #1)
Grace White is the paranormal pseudonym of romance writer, L A Cotton.

She resides in the UK with her family, and lives for binge watching series on her Firestick, losing herself in a good book, and reliving her younger days through trashy teenage movies ... not necessarily in that order.

For all the latest news about The Lilituria Prophecy, you can follow Grace at:

www.authorgracewhite.com
www.facebo

The Gaia Chronicles (4 books)
  • Coveted (The Gaia Chronicles, #2)
  • Caged (The Gaia Chronicles #3)
  • Crowned (The Gaia Chronicles, #4)

News & Interviews