Start by marking “Little White Fish and His Daddy” as Want to Read:
Little White Fish and His Daddy

Little White Fish and His Daddy

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  73 ratings  ·  66 reviews
Little White Fish has a lot of friends. And they all have amazing daddies. Little Sea Horse's dad is really fast. Little Whale's dad is the biggest in the ocean. But, of course Little White Fish's daddy is very good at something, too! A heartwarming story for Father's Day, and every day, for ages 2.5 and up.
Expected publication: May 21st 2019 by Clavis

To ask other readers questions about Little White Fish and His Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little White Fish and His Daddy

Montzalee Wittmann
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Little White Fish and His Daddy by Guido Genechten is a book I requested from NetGalley. It is a very short book and has a cute moral to the story. All the other daddies in the sea can do special things but his daddy does something special too....he reads him a story every night. Nice drawings. 3.5 stars.
Jennifer (Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー)
There's not really much to say about this book. It's a run-of-the-mill picture book about being proud of your parent, despite how much others brag about theirs.

I enjoy picture books where animals are the main characters instead of people - it makes the book much more enjoyable. Any child could relate to the book, despite their background, race, gender or sexual orientation of their parents.

The quirky and childlike style is a delight to the senses. I like the sea theme; it's a lovely backgrop th
Bea  Charmed
Charming artwork, cute story, and the message is not shoved down the reader's throat. Everyone's daddy is good at something; little white fish's daddy is good at being a dad.
Dorie  - Traveling Sister :)
This is a darling little book about kids and their dads. The illustrations are colorful and enticing and the story is short enough for even fiddly toddlers. There aren't a lot of "dad" and me books and I think this could be a winner. I didn't realize that this is a series and will be looking into the other Little White Fish books.

My 2 year old granddaughter liked it and I read it to her several times. I would recommend it for ages 1 and 1/2 through 3, very cute and sweet!
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is another cute and colorful book in The Little White Fish series. It has adorable, colourful pictures. It immediately catches the eye and follows a flow to keep the reader engaged. The story is about daddies and what makes them special in the eyes of their children. Little White Fish loves his daddy because he is great at being a dad. Little White Fish is the perfect story to read to any young child as it does not require a long attention span, and for children just starting to read, they ...more
Michelle
In Little White Fish and His Daddy readers are taken on an underworld adventure where they meet several sea creatures. Very bright colorful illustrations are accompanied by engaging text that asks each animal what their dad is the best at. By the end little readers can't help but add what's special about their dads. Perfect book for Father's Day!
Jo
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute short picture book. Will be a cute dad gift! Downloaded thanks to the Clavis publishers thru netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
debbicat ☮~Traveling Sister
5 stars! Really cute children's book. Best for age 3 and above.
All the daddies are good at something. Little White Fish has a good daddy too. Great message. I loved the illustrations. Give this to any dad out there you know for young children. Precious!

Thank you NetGalley and Guido van Genechten for a digital ARC to review. Highly recommended!
Craig Sisterson
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This is a nice little book for little ones about a little fish who hears all the ways that various other sea creatures fathers are great, and in the end appreciates what is great about their father too. The highlight, other than the underlying message about how different parents might be great in different ways, but all are great in their own way, is the vibrant and interesting illustrations. They are colourful and eye-catching and wonderful for little storylovers. In comparison, the text is ver ...more
Susan Angela Wallace
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
little white fish and his daddy by Guido van Genechten.
little white fish visits his friends in the sea. they include octopus, turtle, goldfish, seahorse, crab, whale and starfish. bit little fish says his daddy is the best.
a fantastic read. My daughter's loved looking at the pictures. 5*.
R.A.
A very sweet read about a little fish who decides his Daddy is the best, even after his friends show him how impressive their Daddy's are! Loved it!

*I received a copy of this book from the publisher Clavis on NetGalley in exchange for my honest review
Ryan
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A simple and sweet look at what daddies do best. And all daddies are different. Some read stories, some tell jokes, some are just there when you need them to be.
Regina
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
M
My grandson loved this book! We read it over chat.
Storywraps
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect book for Father's Day or any day of the year. Little Fish polls his many friends and finds out according to their responses that Mr. Ocotpus has the longest arms of all, Mr. Turtle is super strong, Mr. Goldfish collects huge piles of shells, Mr. Seahorse can swim up to one hundred miles an hour, Mr. Crab isn't crabby at all but quite funny, and the biggest daddy of all... can you guess?... yes... is Mr. Whale. Finally he discovers that Daddy Starfish is extremely intelligent. ...more
A Reader's Heaven
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it

Little White Fish has a lot of friends. And they all have amazing daddies. Little Sea Horse’s dad is really fast. Little Whale’s dad is the biggest in the ocean. But, of course Little White Fish’s daddy is very good at something, too! A heartwarming story for Father’s Day, and every day, for ages 2.5 and up.

Bright and colourful, this book is a story of what fathers mean to their children. Some are very good at
Richelle Zirkle
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Little white fish listens as all the other sea creatures share the best qualities of their dads before sharing what makes his own dad the best in his eyes. The message that each individual brings something unique and great is very well done. This is a cute title for small children and works best as a board book. It should appeal to toddlers because of the bright colors and good illustrations though it lacks the rhythmic, lyrical quality you often find in books targeted to this age group. The sto ...more
Ms. Martin
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The illustrations in this book are incredible and very engaging! The story itself is cute and represents relationships with dads in a positive light, something that isn't shown regularly enough. It was a short but very nice book for the target age-range. The story combines engaging illustrations with a very relatable story that shows father and also examples diversity and opinions. It is definitely a book I would put in my class' library.

I received an e-Advanced copy from the publisher for my r
Karen
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is another cute and colorful book in The Little White Fish series. In this book several animals talk about what makes their daddies the best.
There are not enough childrens’ books about Dads in the world in my opinion and this helps fill that void.
My only complaint is that the last page seems like an abrupt ending.
I received an Advanced copy from the publisher for my review through Net Gallery.
Cat
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story! A must have for Father's Day reading. It's a short one, but just right for toddlers and preschoolers. Nice way to open a discussion on what makes one's daddy special. Illustrations are fabulous and I bet colorful, but having only a Kindle, I don;t have that options! I will be looking for this book as it will make a nice addition to a father's day collection! Love Guido Van Genechten's work!
I received a Kindle ARC in exchange for a fair review from Netgalley.
Cynthia
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Beautiful vivid colors, wonderfully illustrated! I'd think little people/toddlers (& parents, esp. Dads!) would find this to be among their favorites to be read to them (& to read!)....what a simple, nice story! Probably perfect for that 2-5 y/o age group? Only 10 pages long.
I received this e-ARC from NetGalley, in return for sharing my own unbiased review.
Elle Markov
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was cute short book perfect for bedtime story-time or for children learning to read. The sea animals and colorful depictions really pull the children in and make reading fun.

We have different little sea animals telling Little White Fish what makes their daddies spacial and unique. It was just so adorable.

Rating 5 out of 5
Read@Book

NetGalley ARC
amanda
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really sweet story that highlighted all the favourite things that these children saw in their fathers. The illustrations were very simple, cute, and vibrant as they stood out brightly against the black background. Super cute and fun!

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing this book!
Lindsey Eick
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Lindsey Hogan Lasswell
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute children's book with adorable, colorful pictures. It immediately catches the eye and follows a flow to keep the reader engaged. The Little White Fish and and his Daddy is a story that starts simple but really builds depth. Great read for a variety of levels and a must have for an early childhood library!

Disclaimer: This book was provided as a preview copy.
Ms. Arca
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
As a teacher, I am always looking for resources (especially books) that positively show all kinds of families. I thought this cute looking ARC from NetGalley would have potential. I like the concept of this one, but it seems like it isn't finished yet and the dialogue isn't quote edited thoroughly. The idea is sweet, though.
Hillary Baden
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I thought this was a really cute, short story...perfect for infants and toddlers. The pictures are fun, colorful and attractive. The "moral" of the story is sweet and heartwarming...reminding parents that really all your kids need is your love and attention! (and this book is a great way to spend time with them!)
*I received a free digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review
Angela
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I requested to read this book from Netgalley. I think the story is cute and the artwork is nicely done (not to busy). It is a short story and was over before we knew it; which is great for little readers. This is a great book to read for Father's day.

My 5 year old son likes this book and is looking forward to reading it with his dad.
Christine
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable stories of Little White Fish and his ocean friends explaining what makes each of their daddies the best.

Bright illustrations and positive messages make this a fantastic book for young children.

I recieved this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Paul Franco
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
All the sea animals are bragging about their daddies.
Some fit perfectly, others are a stretch, but if you want to teach your little one to be proud of Daddy, this is the book to do it.
3.5 pushed up to 4/5
Hayley
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely vibrant illustrations! A sweet message that young children can grasp, and the pictures and vocabulary will keep their attention. Some of us are best at being us!!
« previous 1 3 next »