Start by marking “Mine” as Want to Read:
Mine

Mine

In this riveting tale of psychological suspense, a divorce lawyer risks her career, her sanity, and her life when she falls into an illicit, all-consuming affair with her client-who becomes the primary suspect in his estranged wife's sudden disappearanceYoung divorce lawyer Francine Day has methodically built her career doing everything right. She's one big case away from ...more
Audio CD
Published June 26th 2018 by William Morrow & Company

To ask other readers questions about Mine, please sign up.
Michelle I won this in March and have never received mine as of 7/19/19. I was really looking forward to this too. Looks like I'm not the only one. Why run a…moreI won this in March and have never received mine as of 7/19/19. I was really looking forward to this too. Looks like I'm not the only one. Why run a giveaway if the publisher isn't going to send the book? 🤨(less)

Start your review of Mine
Holly  B

I thought that this one read like a Hollywood movie (and I can easily see it playing out on the big screen). Thoroughly enjoyed this "guilty pleasure" which was sexy with slow burning suspense (which I liked).

The narrator is a London divorce lawyer named Francine and she falls hard for her wealthy client, Martin. She is young and on the fast track to a prestigious legal career. She just can't help resist Martin and they have a palpable chemistry (not to mention a steamy affair). She becomes
Jess☺️
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mine by J.L. Butler is a slick sexy thriller based around the divorce/criminal courts in London.
It's fast paced, surprising, and breath catching I spent most of this book screaming inside " oh for god sake what now " and the classic " Noooo!!"
It has everything from forbidden relationships, stalking and a missing soon to be Ex wife
If you have a free weekend this is the book I definitely would recommend as once you start there's no stopping .
Liz Barnsley
Whilst the writing was good (and considering the author's alter ego unsurprisingly) I just didn't get along with this one that well, although I did read to the end to see if the resolution upped the ante. It didn't.

Don't get me wrong this isn't terrible by any means, if you are a fan of psychological thrillers this one will probably hit a lot of marks for a lot of readers. I AM a fan of psychological thrillers, even though I'm probably over saturated with them I can't seem to stop reading them
Michelle
Woo Hoo! I'm a winner for the 2nd time this month! Thank you, Goodreads! ...more
Linda Strong
Francine Day is a divorce lawyer who should know better. Falling in love and lust with a client is a big no-no. Martin Joy is a handsome, charming man who insists that his marriage is over ... but Francine worries, even though she keeps seeing him.

Consumed with a passion she cannot control and increasingly obsessed with Martin’s relationship with his wife, Donna, Francine follows the woman one night . . . and discovers her having dinner with her supposedly soon-to-be-ex-husband.

The next morning,
Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance
The old game of playing with fire…it’s dangerous, intoxicating, heart pounding and exciting…until it all comes crashing down tenfold and you find yourself crumbled and destroyed.

Having an affair is definitely not the wick you want to set alight!

Francine has made it. A life in the city, a cute apartment, an amazing job as a divorce Lawyer and a possible chance of promotion. She just does not have that someone to share it with!

Here comes Martin, handsome, rich, successful and MARRIED! It
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Earmarked as a hot new thriller of 2018 by bookseller WH Smith, Mine is the sinister, gripping and dark novel from J.L. Butler. Mine is the perfect example of a twisted and tautly told tale. It revolves around the world of lawyers, courts and their clients, as the lives of a barrister and her wealthy client converge in a tale of obsession.

Francine Day is not your ordinary divorce lawyer, she has fought hard to gain a respected reputation in the London
Amanda
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Divorce Lawyer Francine Day aged 37, is dedicated to her work, starting from her humble beginnings at a comprehensive school through to the respected London Courts. Her next big client could gain her entry into the silks (you normally have to work at least 10 years to gain this) This is an enormous accolade!!!

Everything is on target career wise until she meets new client Martin Joy who is divorcing wife Donna. They start a relationship but when Donna goes missing Martin is the main suspect.

Selena
I received a free copy of Mine by J.L. Butler from Goodreads for my honest review.

This was an intense and gripping psychological thriller. I was hooked from the very beginning. Fast paced and wonderfully written. A must ready.
H.A. Leuschel
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won't need to say much about this book as it would just spoil the experience. If you are looking for an intelligent, highly addictive and entertaining read, this is perfect! It certainly hit the spot for me!
Theresa
Mandy White
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
An enjoyable story where nobody can be trusted. Great narrator always helps!
Katie B
Francine Day has worked hard to build a reputation as a top London divorce lawyer. Against her better judgement she becomes romantically involved with one of her clients, Martin Joy. Fran can't fight the feelings she has for Martin and is obsessed with his relationship with his soon to be ex wife, Donna Joy. After following Donna one night, Fran awakes the next morning with no clear memory of what happened the night before. When Donna goes missing, Fran does whatever it takes to protect herself ...more
Janelle | She Reads with Cats
Thank you so much to William Morrow Books for providing my free copy of MINE by J.L. Butler - all opinions are my own.

This is a fast-paced psychological thriller that really defines the word obsession. Francine Day is a hard working divorce lawyer in London. She’s worked tirelessly building a reputation in a male dominated field, but against her better judgment, has an affair with her client, Martin Joy. She becomes obsessed with Martin and fixated on his soon-to-be ex-wife, Donna. When Donna
Brooke - One Woman's Brief Book Reviews
www.facebook.com/onewomansbbr

**3.5 stars**

Mine by J. L. Butler. (2018).

Francine is a high-flying lawyer about to apply for silk; she just need one headline grabbing client to seal her place as Queen's Counsel. Enter Martin - a high profile divorce case. The attraction is instant and they start a secret affair. But then Martin's ex Donna goes missing and Martin is the prime suspect. As the case unravels so does Francine because it turns out she was the last person to see Donna alive...

I didn't
Caz
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, aar, mystery-thriller
I've given this a B at AAR.

The premise for J.L Butler’s Mine sounded really intriguing, as did the idea of a barrister heroine, so I jumped right in and was immediately pulled into the story. I don’t read many mysteries (I tend to prefer romantic suspense), but this one grabbed me right away, and even though there were a few things about the plotline and central character that made me scratch my head, I was pretty much gripped from beginning to end.

Francine Day, a hard-working barrister in her
Alan Cotterell
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Excellent

Really enjoyed reading this psychological thriller, narrated by the main character. Done really well with some humour and drama.
All the characters are well developed.
Really did not see the ending, there was obviously a twist coming, but I couldn't see which way it was going.
Mary
Apr 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear. I can find very little to recommend in the clique ridden, charicature filled novel.

The main character is Fran who has dragged herself up by her northern bootstraps to forge a successful career as a barrister in the mecca that is London. She is portrayed as clever and sharp but one smoldering look from Martin, a client consulting her about his divorce proceedings, turns her into a simpering wreck. He is, of course, very good looking and very rich.

Part way through the divorce proceedings
clare lockwood
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!!!

A really fantastic and thrilling read with very powerful emotions. I can relate to this story personally. An excellent read!!! This book makes you think about things personal in your own life yet still picturing yourself in the book as if you are there and it’s real. Very cleverly written and was sad that it came to an end. Recommend this book 110%!!!
Ashley
Renee
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Enjoyed this one. I was hooked from the beginning til the very last page. I felt one of the main characters was underdeveloped which made parts unconvincing but - overall a gripping, sexy thriller!
 Martin

MINE by newcomer J. L. BUTLER (a pseudonym for established novelist Tasmina Perry) is an effective tale of...

Sheena
goodreads giveaway. I enjoyed this book staying in bed late this morning reading it so I could find out the ending so that says something. It wasn't the best psychological thriller I have ever read either though. Well written and though I had suspected the perpetrator at some point that wasn't surprising as I had suspected every character by the end. The high flying lawyer at the heart of the story was annoying and unhinged as she lurched from one bad decision to another in a Doctor Foster way ...more
Zoe Mann
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Mine' by J.L. Butler is a Hollywood movie/Netflix series waiting to burst onto our screens, with its beautiful yet intricate characters, a twisty and heart racing plot and just so much suspense it nearly killed me!

Francine Day is a divorce lawyer who is at the top of her game and everyone knows and respects her. She never steps out of line or leaves anything to chance - a perfectionist. This all changes when Martin Joy, a sexy, charismatic CEO hires her to be his divorce lawyer. It doesn't
Jean Vaughan
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mine by J. L. Butler ( better known as Barbara Taylor Bradford) has not hit the shelves yet but I urge you to get your orders in if you enjoy the best of psychological thrillers. I was hooked from the start and had to continue reading through the night, so loathe was I to leave the characters.
The thread follows a group of ambitious individuals who will stop at nothing to achieve their life's desire but is mixed with a helping of romance, sex and obsessive behaviour. I empathised, I got angry, I
Becca Jacquin
I did not see that end coming! I'm not generally an adult book reader, let alone adult mystery but this was a read-a-long and it sure delivered. Butler does a fantastic job keeping you guessing right along with the main character, Fran.
My only complaint was that I struggled to emphasize with the Fran. She made some really poor decisions that were brushed off as part of her bipolar disorder.
Amber Myott
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this read , while it wasn’t taxing I think it was very well written, I loved the knowledge the author brought to the book from her background as a lawyer. I felt that a real effort had been made to fully develop the characters including the minor ones.
Andrea
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Wonderful, page turner of a book. Mystery, intrigue and suspense in spades. I would not expect anything less from this accomplished author. Next book soon please ...
River Scott Tyler
My CLIENT
My LOVER
KILLER?

Francine Day is a high flying lawyer about to apply for silk a big step up in her career she is ambitious and brilliant. and just needs her next case to be big bigger then an other case she has worked on one that grabs the headlines to seal her place as queen's counsel then one day she bags a new high profile client.... Martin Joy. The attraction is instant. Obsessive. intense. deadly!

They embark on a secret affair an affair that Francine knows is wrong one that could
Tracy (The Pages In-Between)
Thank you William Morrow Books for the physical copy, and Edelweiss for the E-ARC. #Partner, all opinions are my own.

I rate this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Okay, so the prologue was Amazing, and I totally thought I was in for the best read of my life. But something just didn't work for me, for instance, there was way to much going on in this book, a lot of side stories, and side characters, and for me it made me lose sight of the main storyline. The cover says it's a story of obsession, it just

• The Last Lie
  • The House Swap
  • The Evidence Against You
  • Winter Heat: Man of the Month #1-3
  • Three Little Lies
  • The Devil’s Dice (DI Meg Dalton, #1)
  • No Further Questions
  • Blood Orange
  • Lies Lies Lies
  • Sleep
  • The Party
  • The Temp
  • The Dilemma
J. L. Butler is the pseudonym of a popular London-based British author who has a background in law and magazine journalism.

Pseudonym for Tasmina Perry
“He’d called a few hours after my meeting with Phil Robertson. Usually I loved hearing the sound of his voice, but that afternoon I could hardly bear to speak to him, not after the things Phil had told me which had jolted me into a reality I did not want to face.” 0 likes
“I like acting for men. I think they get screwed a lot of the time, especially when there are kids involved” 0 likes