Start by marking “Kindergarrrten Bus” as Want to Read:
Kindergarrrten Bus

Kindergarrrten Bus

Yo ho ho! It's the first day of kindergarten. Just imagine all the fun things to learn and experience! And who better than a pirate captain to drive the bus to school? He's ready to share all the rules one needs to know to ride the bus and to get along with mates at school. But with the anticipation of the first day of school there also comes a bit of anxiety. And it turns ...more
Published July 15th 2018 by Sleeping Bear Press

To ask other readers questions about Kindergarrrten Bus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kindergarrrten Bus

Tricia
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I want to read this aloud because I think it would be fun to make the parrot noises xD
Becky
First sentence: Ahoy, boy! What? It be ye first day of kindergarrrten? Well, don't worry, laddie--it be my first day as a bus driverrr! Climb aboard!

Premise/plot: What if your bus driver was a pirate? Such is the case in this humorous picture book about important firsts. It is his first day on the job--will he run the bus like it is a ship? It is the boy's first day of kindergarrrten--assuming that the bus makes it to the school. The bus driver may just inspire some courage to the boys and girls
Barbara
New experiences can be daunting, even for a pirate, as this humorous but reassuring picture book demonstrates. The illustrations depict several kindergarten students on their way to school for the first time, and they are more than a little bit nervous as they embark on this new adventure. With some help from this parrot, Polly, their bus driver, a rough-around-the-edges pirate lays down the rules of the road for them. But when Polly leaves, it is the pirate who needs reassurance since he depend ...more
Pinky
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
B. Mclanahan
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new favorite in our house!!! This book is truly helping my kids with their back to school jitters... a fun read aloud with a strong message - “being brave is when you’re scared but you still do what you have to do”. This book is funny, silly and heartwarming with great illustrations. Definitely recommend for any kid starting something new!
Rachel O'Donnell
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a super-cute book but appeals to such a small group of people, the Pre-K and incoming K crowd. My kiddos are in 1st and 2nd grade and weren’t really into it. They also don’t really care for pirates. However, I do have a younger son, and I’m hoping when the time comes he will be excited for the BUS!
Peacegal
The huge tide of pirate-themed kids' books seems to have stilled a bit, so this one may seem a bit more unique to young readers that it would have a few years ago.
The illustrations are well-done, and the simple message that everyone can get first-day-of-school jitters--even pirates--is presented in a light and funny way.
Cecilia
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
A book about fear, and how adults get scared too. I think it could have been executed in a slightly better way, but I'm sure this appeals a lot to kids. I couldn't get the intended tune for the song down :(
Jenny
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent read-aloud for young children struggling with separation anxiety and the start of school. Funny and tender and FUN!
Carolanne
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun read-aloud for the beginning of the school year. A nice reminder that we all have anxieties about doing something new. A good workout for your pirate voice too! ;-)
Lindsay
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
Emma
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Has to be one of my favorite children’s books that I’ve read to my daughter. Plus it was fun for me to read it to her in my best pirate voice. ARRH!
Kelly
Another good book for those little ones about to enter school. It is fun and entertaining, with a pirate theme. And the illustrations are great.
Carol Krueger