Start by marking “Harrow County, Vol. 8: Done Come Back” as Want to Read:
Harrow County, Vol. 8: Done Come Back

Harrow County, Vol. 8: Done Come Back

(Harrow County #8)

BEM-VINDOS A HARROW COUNTY... PELA ÚLTIMA VEZ!

O último volume desta saga sobrenatural coloca em confronto as duas mais poderosas bruxas de sempre numa guerra mágica total! A antiga inimiga de Harrow County regressou com mais poder do que nunca, e decidida a consumir Emmy e os seus poderes, neste último combate aterrorizador!

O volume final de Harrow County leva os leitores
Published October 16th 2018 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Harrow County, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harrow County, Vol. 8

Start your review of Harrow County, Vol. 8: Done Come Back
Anne
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's bittersweet when something as good as Harrow County ends.

description

But at least Cullen Bunn & Tyler Crook gave Emmy and the rest of the characters a proper send-off. I was really nervous when I opened this one up, but ended up extremely pleased with the way everything was concluded. <--the Skinless Boy was particularly well done!

description

Emmy faces off with twin/Hester and the fates of all of Harrow County's inhabitants are on the line. Not everyone comes out of this alive and even the ones that do won't be
David Schaafsma
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn-horror
The dramatic conclusion to the series about Emmy--the Good Witch of much haunted and harrowing Harrow County, her friend Berenice, the Skin Boy, and a bunch of scary, sometimes bloody creatures. The last volume focuses, not surprisingly, on the mortal combat between Emmy and the original hanged witch, Hester Beck. Though it does have a surprising twist in the way the conflict is finally resolved, much of what happens in the final volume is a kind of reprise to an earlier confrontation between th ...more
Artemy
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Harrow County has always been this solid and reliable series in every way — it was always on schedule, the writing and artwork have been consistent (with the exception of a couple of fill-in issues), not too many ups or downs, and I always had a good time reading it. I don’t know how Cullen Bunn did it, considering he has literally more than a dozen other comics (I counted) coming out every month, and yet Harrow County has always been the one worth reading. So I will really miss it, and I’m a bi ...more
Chad
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
A satisfying conclusion to a great series. Emmy and Hester have their final confrontation but will anyone survive? I like what Bunn did here and how he ultimately resolved things in Harrow County. The book begins with a nice poignant moment where Emmy lays her friend, Skin Boy, to rest. Tyler Crook does a bang up job of bringing Harrow County to life. The book has this ruddy, dirty look that is perfect for the rural, old-timey setting.
Robert
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's refreshing that CB chose to go out on top - bringing the story to a natural and unrushed stopping point. As he states himself in the afterward, maybe he'll revisit the world of HC again, but he doesn't have to, and if he does it's his choice - would that all artists had such freedom.
Valéria.
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Okay, like, what am I supposed to do now? Should I re-read it whole? Because I feel like I should. I can't actually decide what to read after this because it'll be hard to find to read something as good as this.
*clap clap* Mr. Bunn and Mr. Crook.
I'm left with like 60€ for the rest of the month, perfect feeling I gained from the amazing story and art, and unfortunately, with the really scared mind because outside the wind is blowing so hard making bad noises and cats are fucking so loud and terr
Patrick
Wow what a great graphic novel series!! I’m very sad it’s over! If a compendium ever comes out I’m definitely buying it for my library! Love love LOVE this!
Crystal Starr Light
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bullet Review:

A decent end to the series. I mean, I don't think when this series started, that the writers planned every last detail would lead up to this, but the creators did manage to create a nice poignant, bittersweet ending that didn't seem to come out of nowhere. Heck, I got a bit teary-eyed at the end!
James DeSantis
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
All things come to a end, and glad to say Harrow County ends strong.

Emmy is in for the fight of her life. Hester Beck has returned and she is going after her old friends and the town. Emmy is going to use her new powers to stop her. The build up is big, and the ending is a interesting if a bit unexpected turn. Overall a solid series throughout and this one is no different. A 4 out of 5.
Nancy
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review (plus V7) can be found on my blog: https://graphicnovelty2.com/2019/03/0...

Harrow County’s southern gothic thriller has drawn to a close. I reviewed all eight volumes within six weeks time as this supernatural series hooked me in and I devoured it. The narrative stayed strong the entire series with no let down in the middle and the conclusion was everything I wanted it to be.

Emmy’s decision at the end of the last volume, which she thought would make her stronger, did the opposite. Sh
Elizabeth A
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, graphix
After a long, exhausting, and bloody road, we arrive at the end of this tale. This comic series has a compelling yarn and really good illustrations - oh so dark.

Yes, this is horror, but it also has emotional punches along the way. A story that explores love and hate, power and the abuse of it, fear and the snakes it spawns, family dynamics, bonds created in the most unexpected places, and the power of female friendship. The resolution, after all this build up, is not a huge whammy, but in some s
Amanja
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alas, here we are at the finale of the Harrow County southern gothic horror saga. It's been 8 fairly short and volumes and the ending is about what you would expect it to be. Without giving too much away, I'll write a spoiler full review of the whole series soon, Emmy faces her demons makes a tough decision in order to do good. The book deals a lot with what makes a person good or evil and are you even able to change that path. Is fate in control or are you?

The highlight of the 8th volume is th
Thomas
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Bunn and Crook have done an excellent job building up the world of Harrow County, so I went into its conclusion with some trepidation. Unfortunately, that proved to be accurate, as this collection was more disappointing than anything else. It ends sufficiently, and brings the series to a poignant close, but the events leading up to that conclusion felt repetitive and drawn out. It felt like the authors were trying to tease out the "Who will die?" tension, but it didn't feel convincing enough to ...more
Craig
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I just never quite warmed up to this the way I did with The Sixth Gun, but I've got to admire Bunn and Crook for telling the story they wanted to tell and staying true to it throughout...
47Time
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-fantasy
The previous battle with Kammi was hard enough, but now Emmy must face Hester herself who has already stolen the power of her kin. It's anybody's guess which one of them is stronger. What's certain is that the final battle is coming.

(view spoiler)
Dimitris Papastergiou
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A nice end to a great series \o/

It was definitely written with a tv show in mind.. and I'd love to watch that too. Amazing artwork, nice little stories with interesting characters!

The only downside is that I'd want to read more stories from Harrow County!

Sesana
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, horror
A fitting end for the series.
Emily
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fine conclusion to a captivating, disturbing series. The artwork wasn’t always pretty, but I still loved the look and how it set the tone for such a creepy tale.
At the end of the book, the author talked about the origin and evolution of the story. It’s nice to see a series that stops when the story is done, instead of dragging it out forever.
Nicole
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I feel like it was more exposition heavy than the previous volumes and repeated a lot of info but that afterword made me cry cuz I’m weak.
Imogene
Harrow County has probably been one of my favourite Cullen Bunn title.
There is genuine creeping fear in the pages.

Much of the mythology remains a mystery. I would have enjoyed seeing more of the history of Malachi and his children.
I liked how in the end it came down to desicions about power, and about sacrifice and choice.

You know, if they had ever got to finish Carnivale, I think this is how I would have wanted it to go.
Maddison Gilbert
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The stakes are higher than ever before in this final volume, peoples lives hang in the balance. Emmy must make the ultimate sacrifice to keep her home and the people she loves safe.

It's been a real pleasure to watch our lead Emmy grow these past 31 issues, she's gone from the naive victim, to a person people look to for guidance, to a strong woman full of wisdom and knowledge. Her character growth is astonising but in this volume we really get a good look at how far she's come.

I'm not gonna lie
Pranta Ghosh Dastider
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best horror experience ever! This series will stay vivid in my mind for years to come, thanks to its outstanding artwork and excellent storyline. And it has set such a benchmark with quality that's quite hard to beat. Either way, I am glad to be able to read it.
Kayla (onthefritz)
“Hester saw herself as a Goddess… and maybe that’s just what she was. But she was not a merciful spirit. She had no remorse herself… and so, she did not reward it in others.”

hester beck raising haints

Oh Harrow County... I love this series so much. This is the series that started my love for comics, hooked me right from the beginning and still awes me in the artwork. Crook's opening spreads are all frame-worthy. This last volume did the series justice. The climax and conclusion felt right with the story and felt like a
Scott
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And extremely satisfying ending to one of the greatest comic series I've ever read. I picked up the first four volumes of this series on a whim at my local comic shop and I was hooked. Despite the second collected volume hitting a bit of a stumbling block when it changed artists, the thrill came back and subsequent volumes and a wonderfully dark and sweet story arc culminates in this final volume.
Joe Jones
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of this comic series right from issue number 1 and am sad to see it end with this volume. Definitely a must read for horror comic fans! Now I need to find a new horror comic to read...

p.s. I did read this in individual issues.
Lauren Canaday
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series was so amazing that I feel grief finishing it. An amazing plot, loveable characters, AMAZING art, unpredictable turns, and inspiring message even amidst sheer horror. SO WELL DONE. May there be more Harrow County!!! (Wish I had powers to make it be so! 😝😂😉👐)
Rana
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Doing my series review on this one, last in the series. I absolutely loved this comic. The setting and world building is super amazing, I loved and want more of the characters, and the coloring/lettering/illustrations/pictures/whatever you call them were what really sold me on this collection. I've read a lot of comics and graphic novels in the last year or so and one of my main struggles was that the images were muddy or did little to further the story or, and this is really the huge issue, the ...more
Erica
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't want this to end :( you will not find a more gorgeously illustrated graphic novel series.
Michael
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, horror, 2018, favorites
A fitting, final story to one of the best horror comics I’ve ever read. I’m going to miss traveling to Harrow County every month.
Dakota Morgan
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harrow County's concluding chapter is perfectly satisfying, with some of Tyler Crook's best art yet, but it also serves as a reminder of just how widely this series wandered during its course. Case in point: The Family is dispatched early on by Hester. Remember them? I kind of did, but I couldn't for the life of me recall why they mattered. In any case, the dispatchery is brutal and an excellent example of Crook's masterful artwork.

Otherwise, this is a pretty standard conclusion (in a good way,
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Gideon Falls, Vol. 3: Stations of the Cross
  • Descender, Vol. 6: The Machine War
  • Trees, Vol. 3
  • Berserker Unbound, Vol. 1
  • Basketful of Heads (Hill House Comics)
  • Gideon Falls, Vol. 2: Original Sins
  • East of West, Vol. 10
  • Sentient
  • Nailbiter, Vol. 2: Bloody Hands
  • Nailbiter, Vol. 4: Blood Lust
Cullen grew up in rural North Carolina, but now lives in the St. Louis area with his wife Cindy and his son Jackson. His noir/horror comic (and first collaboration with Brian Hurtt), The Damned, was published in 2007 by Oni Press. The follow-up, The Damned: Prodigal Sons, was released in 2008. In addition to The Sixth Gun, his current projects include Crooked Hills, a middle reader horror prose se ...more

Harrow County (8 books)