Start by marking “Chicago Food Crawls: Touring the Neighborhoods One Bite & Libation at a Time” as Want to Read:
Chicago Food Crawls: Touring the Neighborhoods One Bite & Libation at a Time

Chicago Food Crawls: Touring the Neighborhoods One Bite & Libation at a Time

The essential guide to eating your way through the Windy City. In Globe's newest approach to food by city, Chicago Food Crawls will take the reader on a fun, tasty culinary tour. Discover the hidden gems and long-standing institutions of Chicago neighborhoods. Experience more than 13 crawls, each featuring 3-8 establishments, centered on a neighborhood or theme. Each tour ...more
Published April 1st 2019 by Globe Pequot Press

To ask other readers questions about Chicago Food Crawls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicago Food Crawls

Janet
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing

In Globe’s newest approach to food city by city, Chicago Food Crawls will take the reader on a fun, tasty culinary tour. Discover the hidden gems and long-standing institutions of Chicago neighbourhoods. Experience more than 13 crawls, each featuring 3-8 establishments, centred on a neighbou
Diane Lynch
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Being a Chicagoan, when I saw this book, I had to read it. Like most people from Chicago, I love the food here. There are so many amazing restaurants in this city. I was curious to see what restaurants made the list.

This is a fun book. I like how it is laid out by food crawls. My favorite was The Little Italy & University Village Crawl. My son’s high school is in that area, so we have eaten at many of these restaurants and are very familiar with this neighborhood.

While I knew many of the re
Tesha Ham
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This title is absolutely drool-worthy! There are so many pictures of the amazing food you can get all over Chicago and it just makes you hungry! Everything is broken down into a section of the city and then the different eateries in each area so it's easy to found something in a specific location when you want to try something new. It also has tips and secret menu items for some places, which only enhances the experience you can have. I think this is a must have for natives and tourists alike to ...more
Kristine
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
Chicago Food Crawls by Soo Park is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in late March.

Having been in Chicago this past weekend, I’m keen on knowing if I partway-followed one of these crawls. The prose, while inviting and descriptive, has a sense of imploring reserved for tourist pamphlets. In this way, you kind of have to read through the descriptions with a whopping grain of salt and rely on the photos and regions to guide you. Although I couldn't finish more than one of Stan's Donuts, I know I'l
Cat
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yuuuummmm! I can't wait until I visit Chicago again! I think Chicago is right up there with NYC and Cleveland (my hometown!) when it come to food! All of our cities are becoming very international and range from everyday American to ethnic to fusion. But I love visiting restaurants in all the cities I visit! I want to eat what the locals eat. This book by Soo Park is a wonderful review of 150 Chicago restaurants, a good mix of everyday, ethnic, and fusion food. There's is something for everyone ...more
Meg
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. The photos in this book are beautiful and drool-worthy. Being just outside of Chicago, I appreciated that the author didn’t choose the same restaurants everyone writes about. She included a few tourist traps, but generally chose a wide range of restaurants to try. Everything sounded delicious and I love that she recommends secret dishes.
Lisette Avila
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chicago Food Crawls is a super fun book. From the amazing photographs of the food, to the brief history of restaurants, this is a must read for food lovers. Soo Park has managed to include a wide range of culinary delights for all palates. Food lovers, add these food crawls to your bucket list!
Libby Beyreis
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Meh. It was OK, but I was disappointed. It's almost exclusively north-side oriented; and it's way more focused on Michelin-starred restaurants than it is on revealing the idiosyncratic restaurants that show the spirit of the many neighborhoods of Chicago. This wasn't what I was hoping for.
Lauren
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

Warning: Do not read this book while hungry!

This book has so many beautiful pictures and that was the first and most important (to me) thing about it. Soo Park does a wonderful job of being witty and informational with her write-ups of the various restaurants she chooses, but those pictures are where she shines. If the description wasn't enough to get your mouth watering the pictures will.

I go to Chicago a few times a year and h
Emma
Apr 08, 2019
Tasha
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book lists neighborhood eateries and recommends dishes. I am planning a day of wandering and eating! The photos are enticing-makes me want to reach in to take a bite!

I like the back story on the restaurants featured. It helps to appreciate the good food while knowing how it got there. There are even tips on how to eat a few (new to me) food items - like crawfish.
Elizabeth
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ful disclosure, I’ve never actually visited Chicago but I love food and after reading this, I feel like it’s my new life mission to travel there and indulge in all this tasty goodness!

Soo Park pulls together a beautiful, delightful and tantalizing food travel guide that is beyond measure. I’ve been to a few food crawls in the past and always loved the community vibes, amazing dishes that you wouldn’t normally mix together, paired with the right beverage and music. The experience it something ev
Erin