Start by marking “Chord” as Want to Read:
Chord

Chord

(The OTP Series )

Chase Hillier has plans, and nothing will cause her to deviate from them. So far, they're pretty simple: Get through her first year of college with good grades, read a lot of books, and hopefully find a cute boyfriend who could turn into her husband someday. She's got it all mapped out. No one is going to stand in her way. Not even her roommate, Cordelia Scott.
Cordelia Sc
Published January 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Chord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chord

Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
*3.5/5

ANYWAY Chase was basically me my freshman year and I lived falling for my college roommate when I was sure I was straight. This frequently hit super close to home, and I loved that.

Also, I want to sing praises for the fact that neither of the MCs is sure about their labels at the end of the book. It took me YEARS to figure out which ones I like best, and I appreciated that aspect so much.

The worst part of this book is that I’m currently living on the other side of the country from my gir
Kara
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Chord” is book #2 in “The OTP” series, and is the sequel to “Style”. I wonder what “OTP” stands for…it’s not explained on Audible or Amazon, nor did I find anything explanatory after a brief Google search. Well, I’m going to call it the “Officially Too Perfect” series, because the characters, their friends, their families, the story and the narration are….wait for it….too perfect….officially! ;)

If you’re looking for drama, angst, misunderstandings, homophobia, cheaters, dark pasts, or sinister
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
“I didn’t want to tell you this originally, but coming out isn’t a one-time thing. It happens over and over. It happens to me every time I talk about Eli with someone new. It happens every time someone asks if I’m single. It happens hundreds of times. I’ve skirted around it, I’ve lied, I’ve changed the subject, I’ve done everything. Sometimes you don’t want to and that’s okay. It’s shitty that you have to keep doing it, but that’s the way things are right now. I hope it will change.”

I waited w
Natasha
Review also on my blogTwitterBookstagram

Rep: f/f romance, questioning mc's, multiple queer side characters

Content warnings: explicit sexual content, panic attack

Chord starts with two girls meeting in college, assigned to be roommates. Cordelia and Chase are two girls who had always assumed they were straight but after meeting each other, they both start to rethink that assumption about themselves. Ironically, at the beginning of the book they make a pact that they will both get a boyfriend
Tinything
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story. Just like book 1 “Style”, everything is so positive. (view spoiler) There is no conflict or angst or anything like that. There are two POV that alternate between the mains. And i enjoyed to be in Cordelia’s POV more for some reason. Probably because Chase had a bit complicated mind. She was anxious and need to plan for everything.

I was seriously considered of putting this
Starsandsun18
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

This is too dreamy for me. I do like Chase and Cordelia they’re cute but they’re too perfect especially Chase.
It’s too much for me.
If you happen to like Style, Kyle and Stella are here.
No major drama, everything is just easy going.
Acqua
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: q, qf, contemporary, na, boring, db, romance, yff

This needed to be shorter.

Chord is a romance set in college between two girls who are roommates. The main characters don't know they're both attracted to girls at the beginning, but I wouldn't say this is a coming out novel, because the focus is on the romance and little attention is given to the coming out scenes - which I appreciated, in a way, but this book really had no plot.

The first book in this series, Style, managed to be a balanced low-conflict, fluffy novel that had little plo
I didn't like it as much as Style but it was still pretty fucking cute :)
amanda
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super cute and fluffy book and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the fact that my girls Kyle and Stella were in it. And I appreciated the diversity and support systems in this!

I couldn’t give it higher than 3 stars though because there were some issues that I can’t get past. The writing a lot of the time got repetitive, and it felt like the girls were saying basically the same things to each other. Sometimes I couldn’t tell who was saying what because the way this book was written had one girl sayi
Rahma Abdelrahman
Apr 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
Poor writing, boring plot, and two-dimensional characters. Honestly, it felt like poorly written fanfiction, and believe me when I say that I've read plenty of fanfiction better than this.
So go into this book not expecting something other than a quick, fluffy read. Only for the non-judgemental of readers.
ronnie
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
HOT. Cute. Tooth-rotting fluff. Exactly what I needed tonight.

It could use another edit (i.e. sometimes the action of one person would follow the dialogue of another person on the same line) and I caught a missing word at some point.

But honestly, it was such a sweet story that I couldn’t care less about that. It was nice to see Stella and Kyle again. And for the girls to embrace themselves without getting too hung up on their labels. Also casual asexual, pansexual, nonbinary, and trans rep was
Kristen
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and cute

This book was little drama and just cute sweet and fluffy. I really needed something with low angst and just adorable girls falling in love.
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Actual rating: 3.5 stars
This was just so cute and fluffy and happy and i just want to live in the way it made me feel FOREVER.
We not only get Chase and Cordelia who are just so soft with each other but we also get a glimpse at Stella and Kyle's first year of college (from book 1)!!!
Amber
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chelsea Cameron is my go-to for fluffy f/f romances.
Nicole Hogan
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Should have been a short story

There’s not really enough plot or action to warrant a full length novel. It drags a lot because of all the internal monologues used to fill space. There’s also quite a few typos and continuity errors with who’s speaking or doing what.
Marisa
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
read this for cute lesbians and that’s what i got. i did not read it for the plot i just wanted lesbians
prag ♻
fun fact: i still don't know which one of them is chase and which one is cordelia
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
My level of enjoyment was somewhere in the middle.

Why You Might Bump This Up On Your TBR:
The protagonists both identify as female and both have romantic and sexual feelings for each other and continue to question their sexual orientation throughout the novel. The author writes orientation with so much love that this novel can be a safe space for any questioning and/or queer readers. Pronouns are discussed regularly and the protagonists are introduced to a lot of other queer characters. The chara
Linda
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was adorable! It was a realistic portrayal of finding your own identity and discovering yourself while also being a super fluffy romance! I also really loved what we got to see of Stella and Kyle!
Helena
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More pure fluff. Just what I wanted on a snowy sunday afternoon.
kory.
I have to say it. This is how you do a queer book with a ship name as the title. Ten points to your Hogwarts house if you know what book I'm shading.

Anyways.

This is such a cute, queer read. It's absolutely precious to read about Chase and Cordelia being completely oblivious to their attraction to one another in the beginning. They were always like, "my heart races when we touch and I have no idea why" and "I can't stop staring at her, she's so pretty I just want to be her" like sure, that's it.
Lelouch
I have not read Style, so I read this without any real expectations. It's purely fluff, so as long as that's what you're expecting, it's great! The side characters don't do much except offer help/advice to the main characters along the way. As an asexual, I smiled when the author introduced one of the side characters as ace as well. Every chapter starts with chase's perspective, then switches over to cordelia's perspective. I prefer chase's perspective since I'm always anxious and feel the need ...more
Amelia
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So here's the tea
content warning for sex and anxiety/panic attacks;;

I liked the characters, they were really developed and well-represented, I loved that there was just like a flock of gays instead of two gays in a world of cis str8s. There was anxiety rep, so much LGBTQIA+ rep and it was all done so well imo. The sex scenes were hot asf and there were so many cute quotes I highlighted.

However, this read more as a novella one shot as opposed to an actual novel? Idk if that was the intention or
Chelsea Ciccone
3/5 Stars

Overall I felt this was a step up from Style. I think that Chase and Cordelia’s voices were easily differentiated from one another (something that failed in Style). Although I did like having Stella and Kyle with these characters to be their support system and friends.

I continue to appreciate the fact that these two girls’ coming out is met with nothing but support and love.

I would have loved to see more moments spent with the entire LGBTQIA+ club but seeing as this is a short book I
Gabriella L. Garlock
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fluff is okay, but I expected something more than a draft

The story is what it purports to be, a feel-good fluff-piece for young readers.
But.
It was introduced as being from a NYT bestselling author, so I expected 1) some kind of conflict that would give it plot, and 2) something that had been edited to correct the extra words, missing words, missing punctuation, lack of continuity (whose bed in what room? etc.), conflicting or missing speech attributions, and really, really exasperating repetitio
Ashley Hedden
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chord (The OTP Series, #2) by Chelsea M. Cameron was a great read. Chase and Cordelia are both just trying to get through their first year of college. Luckily they are paired together as roommates and have each other. Fate has a different plan for them that they didn't expect. This was a good read by the author.
emil
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was so fluffy and cute and i loved it!!!!

but also at some points close to the end of the book, i think the author forgot whose perspective she was writing and Chase said she got together with Chase. just some light editing needed there :-)
Amanda
I ship it

I love that the title is the shipped name, but I loved the story of two girls finding each other and themselves along the way. The book was such a fun read and I hope we get to see more books about this amazing set of friends.
alyssa
Jun 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
dnf
okay so i didnt like the writing as much in this book and the characters kinda fell flat. also i didnt realize this was na and na can make me uncomfy so thats another reason why i didnt finish this book
Glitchlight
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The light hearted writing from Style continues in a more explicitly adult context, with college as a backdrop. Don't be confused though, this one's all about coming to terms with being gay and then the romance that develops. A great read.

• Out on Good Behavior (Radleigh University, #3)
  • White House Autumn (The President's Daughter, #2)
  • The Princess Deception
  • The Love Song of Sawyer Bell (Tour Dates, #1)
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • Veiled Seduction (Veiled, #2)
  • Dance with Me (Dance Off, #2)
  • Fire at Sunset (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #4)
  • The Turning Tide
  • Marian
  • Needlework
  • Grumpy Fake Boyfriend (Kwan Sisters, #1)
  • One True Pairing (Fandom Hearts, #2)
  • Best of Luck (Chance of a Lifetime, #3)
  • Nothing Happened
  • A Crack in Everything
  • Casting Lacey
Chelsea M. Cameron is a New York Times/USA Today/Internationally Best Selling author from Maine who now lives and works in Boston. She's a red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader, and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, getting brunch with her partner, tweeting, and playing fetch with her cat, Sassenach. She has a ...more

The OTP Series (2 books)