Start by marking “The Savior's Champion (The Savior's Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Savior's Champion (The Savior's Series, #1)

The Savior's Champion

(The Savior's Series #1)

Tobias Kaya doesn't care about The Savior. He doesn't care that She's the Ruler of the realm or that She purified the land, and he certainly doesn't care that She's of age to be married. But when competing for Her hand proves to be his last chance to save his family, he’s forced to make The Savior his priority.

Now Tobias is thrown into the Sovereign’s Tournament with nine
Published April 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Savior's Champion, please sign up.
Trinity Fordham Jenna Moreci has said that the sequel will be called The Savior's Sister and will be the same story as The Saviour's Champion but will be from Leila's…moreJenna Moreci has said that the sequel will be called The Savior's Sister and will be the same story as The Saviour's Champion but will be from Leila's point of view. She also recently revealed on Tumblr that the initials of the third book will be TSA but she hasn't said what is is called yet, because of spoilers. There will also be a fourth book, but Jenna hasn't revealed anything about it yet.(less)
Cassie Beebe I mean, I think you can kind of read any first book in a series as a standalone, if you want to. But there's definitely a lot left to be said, because…moreI mean, I think you can kind of read any first book in a series as a standalone, if you want to. But there's definitely a lot left to be said, because the story isn't over yet. So it would probably feel unfinished if you didn't read the others. (less)

Anna Reads Books
Merphy Napier
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, fantasy
5 stars

I made a video review where I gave three pros and three cons in The Savior's Champion:

T. K. Greene
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am this book's target audience: I am an adult in her mid-20s, I love fantasy, and I am all for exciting, steamy romance. This book fell flat for me on all fronts.

This review will be long, because I have a lot to say. In fact, I unearthed my long-lost goodreads login info to post this, because the other reviews here genuinely baffle me. I like and respect Jenna Moreci, and have been following her YouTube channel and social media for a couple years now. She is a knowledgeable indie author who v
Liz
Feb 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: the Feebles, Rogert Rodriguez and the Cinema Snob
Recommended to Liz by: my shoulder-devil
For all the issues I had with "Eve: The Awakening," I really thought this book would be an improvement. I recall genuinely perking at the sample pieces, thinking it was already a massive improvement in terms of writing. I also felt that many of the issues I had with "Eve" would be much more fitting in this ancient fantasy setting (the over-the-top bigotry, the juvenile characters and stereotypes, the slow pacing...)

Then the book came out, and I looked at the title of the prologue:

"The Beginnin
Jordan Harvey
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received an advanced reader's copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Check out my in-depth video review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdkdK...

Oh my goodness this book is good.
I love fantasy, but I haven't read one in a long time that has gotten me as excited as this. I also read it in record time.

I'm not going to post a super long review here, as I will be uploading a review on my youtube channel shortly, but I will say this:
Pros:
-The action in this book is superb. The
Megan Tennant
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's here. The day is here. I'm going to review the fuck out of this book (spoiler free because this book has turns and twists that you NEED to experience for yourself.) Just as a quick note, there will be a video review for this aswell, but for now you get an early sneak peek review on Goodreads.

You guys, this book. You don't understand. This book put me in a reading slump. MY FIRST EVER READING SLUMP. Because it was too good and exciting and I was so bored with books afterwards. Why is this bo
❄️Nani❄️
I wish there was a sure way to test if a book was going to be a smashing hit or a smashing let down before diving in.

How easy would life be then...
Cintia
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I was given a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

SPOILERY REVIEW IS UP IN MY BLOG. Find it here: http://abookandateacup.blogspot.com.a...

Please, click on the following links to watch a book trailer, Jenna’s vlog about the novel, in which she answers without spoilers some fans questions about TSC, and my own review of her first novel, Eve: the Awakening.

Book trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-wR7...
Jenna's vlog on TSC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpNAV...
My review
elianna ✨
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cliche, 2018-reads
non-ѕpoιler

I love Jenna Moreci. She's hilarious and an excellent resource for writers. However, I want to give an honest review that is unswayed by my adoration of her. This is a bad book. From the start, the pacing is agonizingly slow and the first 3 chapters (available on Jenna Moreci's website) serve little purpose. If well-executed, they would be a great way of showing Tobias's reasons for entering the tournament. As it is, the chapters are pointless. We know Tobias will enter from the begin
C.E.L. Stefani
May 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
(SPOILERS)

>>>>My opinions on the book are becoming worse the more I think about it.

I was both excited and skeptical to read this book. I went into it with lower expectations because of the authors previous book, EVE: The Awakening. It is an improvement from EVE, but having said that, I don't think this book was astounding.

I read some of the reviews and noticed a lot of people predicted the ending and pretty early on too. And yes, it's SO obvious. I saw all the plot twists coming from
Ashley (ashleyOutpaged)
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This. Was. So. Good. I needed a good fantasy sooo badly and this definitely filled the void. Full spoiler free review up on the YouTubes if ya want to know my thoughts ❤ https://youtu.be/71l56wSwt4o ...more
Chris
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm basing this off of the first three chapters and prologue available on Jenna Moreci's website. I don't feel like I would actually have read beyond this point if I'd actually bought the book. I don't think this is a completely terrible book. It's below average. If you like it, that's absolutely fine. I'm not marking any of this with a spoiler warning, since all of this is freely available on Jenna Moreci's website.

The Prologue

Yeah, my problems kick off with the first page of this book. Why is
Julia
Dec 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
TSC is the better book compared to Moreci's debut novel “Eve: the awakening”, I’ll give it that. And boy I had hope, everything about it seems right up my alley and wanted to give it a chance. Now I have A LOT to say, unfortunately very little is positive, but I’ll try to justify all my issues the best I can. This will be long, with lots of spoilers.

Writing:

The writing was so awkward… it’s generic purple prose and has zero voice. Tobias's thoughts are sometimes conveyed through the narrative, ot
Bella Rose Pope
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book. I honestly have been looking for a book like this for SO long.

Not only was I sucked into Tobias's world from the very start, but the prologue also sets up questions that MUST be answered. I'm the type of person who needs a book that'll make me think and question and hang on to every word and that was this book. I'm telling you, if you love real, genuine characters and a story that'll leave you wanting more and more of the world, that's this book right here.

WORLDBUILDING - It was
sam
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a spectacular fantasy that is a genuine page turner, then look no further than this book.

From the very first page you are swept into a fast-moving plot filled with engaging characters, bloodshed, and romance. You will laugh, you will cheer out loud, and yes fellow readers, you will also cry as you are immersed in a story featuring many threads: each memorable and important.

One of the things I thoroughly enjoyed was the depth of the main character, Tobias. He's brave, funn
E. Chapman
May 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
It's just another tropey YA novel. I hated it.

Let me break down my main complaints:
- The characters and world-building lack depth.
- Almost nothing is revealed about the magic system, despite it supposedly being a central part of the story.
- The characters are all adults, yet they talk teenagers. Really trashy teenagers.
- It was far, far longer than it needed to be. Most of the conversations could be halved and no plot or character development would be lost.
- The plot twist could not have be
Erin Kinsella
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I got to beta read and I read an advanced copy of the completed work so this is based on the entire book, not just the chapters available on Jenna's website.

Guys, GUYS, this book is incredible. It has sailed to the top of my all time favorite reads and I just cannot explain how much I love it. It is going to knock off every sock and explode the damn sock drawer at the same time XD
The Savior’s Champion is Jenna Moreci’s second book. If you haven’t read Eve the Awakening yet, for shame, because
Amanda
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.75 stars.

A bloody, gladiator style, The Bachelor type of book.

**I was sent an ARC by the author in exchange for honest review**

I was promised healthy romance, a diverse cast and a bloodbath. THIS BOOK DID NOT DISAPPOINT. I absolutely loved it! I cracked open the book when I received it with the intention of just looking quickly at the prologue and I ended up reading half the book in one sitting 😂

The only con I have is that because there are so many characters and practically every character
Everly
Apr 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was trying to understand all the 5 star glowing reviews for this and found out the author has a platform on Youtube. And then I understood.

Needed to fix the lazy editing in terms of world-building, dialogue, character dimension and either the removal of modern terms and slang or the information that this was set in modern times in an alternate-universe??

Calensûl
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Ehm, my hopelessly romantic friends?
Am I the only one who found this utterly repetitive? Like, there was barely any plot: Tobias enters the tournament, (challenge, sanctuary, crush) n times, falling in love/lust, big fight, (challenge, palace, infatuation) n times, big fight, big reveal, end. I don’t consider the repetition of challenges and lovey-dovey scenes as plot, since we rarely learn anything relevant there, so we’re left with a thin story and a lot of filler.

Such filler consists mainly of interactions among the competitor
Saarebas
Jul 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
I don't think I've ever been this happy to finish a book.

A quick rundown of the bad:
- The stakes are laughably low. Even more so after the big plot-twist
- The romance is an insta-love between Mr & Mrs Sue.
- There is no world-building, none, despite how long this book is.
- Characters are caricatures, protagonist, and villain included.
- So many characters, but only a handful maters.
- The magic is not explained enough to seem 'real' and is too central of a theme to get a pass by pulling th
Ashley Horn
May 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was really divided on how I wanted to rate this book. It's obvious that Jenna learned a lot from writing Eve and was able to apply it here. On all levels, this is the better book between the two. However, one thing Eve did that The Savior's Champion didn't was surprise me with the reveal. On the one hand, it was definitely entertaining, which is one of the things I look for in a book. On the other, speaking purely from a technical level, it simply was not good. More thoughts below, but b ...more
Briar
May 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Oh, where to even begin.....

I'm giving this book two stars for its only pros in my opinion: it was a fast-paced read, and the second half of the story was entertaining.

Aside from that, I really found a lot lacking in TSC. I love Jenna's Youtube vids, but this is my honest opinion as someone who reads tons of YA.....

Jenna is a new writer, and while I congratulate her on this novel being a huge step up from Eve, there are still a lot of new writer mistakes in this book. The dialogue is often real
Kitiera Morey
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Now, before we get started, understand I only read the first few chapters available on the author's website, so this review is only about them. But I can say, based on what I've read, I will not be purchasing this novel. There's probably going to be a few spoilers.

First off, I don't understand why the author chose the names she did for her characters. The book doesn't take place in our dimension (though I assume her earth resembles ours to a degree), and names like Milo and Tobias really take m
Megan
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a bit of a cliched start, this actually turned out better than expected. And yes, it may have dragged on at various points in the middle- because how many times can you read about various challenges that are ultimately the same in outcome or theme - but Moreci pulled enough twists to keep me interested. There were a few places where her writing felt like that of a cheesy romance novelist, but this tended to match romantic moments, and overall the writing was pretty strong. The relationship ...more
Zara Lane
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ezra
Apr 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Mino
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I tried to love this book, I really did- but this book just didn't do it for me. A lot of people were talking about it and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive and I just can't relate to that. on top of that I love jenna's youtube channel, her writing advice and videos are often basic, but I adore her sense of humor, but it seems that jenna doesn't follow her own advice sometimes.

I found the premise really interesting and the book does some aspects really well. such as talks about consent and
Chris Karlyle
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for the purposes of writing an honest review of the book. This will be a spoiler free review.

The prologue sets the mood for the story, and it does a spectacular job of it. There is an immediate sense of danger present which will grip you for the rest of the book. I feel the danger aspect is one of the most compelling parts of the story. The book is a last man standing story, so I had no delusion that there was going to be long moments of safety for the protagonist, Tobias. It
Helena
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Between 3.5 and 4.
I enjoyed this book a lot. It had some flaws like the language (constant use of the word c*nt and other swears; I understand they serve a purpose but at some times they were unnecessary) and the fact that I predicted the major plot twist around 30-40%.

However, her characterizations are A+++. I don't remember the last time I cared this much about supporting characters, Leila is a definition of a badass woman and even though I dislike most of the love stories in fantasy genre, I
SO HYPE 6 128 Jul 10, 2018 10:12PM
  • My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight #1)
  • The Dangerous Thaw of Etta Capstone
  • Renee (Reborn #1)
  • By Fire Above (Signal Airship, #2)
  • Whyborne and Griffin, Books 1-3: Widdershins, Threshold, and Stormhaven (The Whyborne & Griffin Series Box Sets)
  • Armed In Her Fashion
  • Sticks, Stones, and Dragon Bones
  • Warsong (Chronicles of the Warlands, #6)
  • If It Makes You Happy
  • Sophie's Masterpiece: A Spider's Tale
  • The Elysian Prophecy
  • The Rust Maidens
  • The Omega Objection (San Andreas Shifters, #2)
  • The Care and Feeding of Exotic Pets
  • Cat and Mouse
  • Streiker's Bride (Streiker #1)
  • Out of Darkness (The Galdoni, #3)
  • Emma Who Saved My Life
Jenna Moreci is a Silicon Valley native and Youtube sensation, dominating the authortube community with her straightforward and hilarious writing channel. A lifelong storyteller, Jenna specializes in crafting thrilling adventures with heaping doses of bloodshed and romance.
When she's not writing or 'tubing, Jenna enjoys angry music, potent wine, and laughing until her face hurts with her goofball
“Choose the path that's right by you. Always. It may end in misery -a small price to pay. No amount of hardship compares to the emptiness of regret. Of never having lived at all.” 7 likes
“If everything looks good and pure, then nothing's truly beautiful. The ugliness is what makes beauty so distinct.” 4 likes