Start by marking “The Haunting Of Freddy (The Golden Hamster Saga, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Haunting Of Freddy (The Golden Hamster Saga, #4)

The Haunting Of Freddy

(The Golden Hamster Saga #4)

Freddy's internationally acclaimed saga continues, taking him and his pals on an adventure to a haunted castle! This paperback release coincides with publication of the final Freddy adventure in HC.

Freddy Auratus--hamster extraordinaire--is absorbed in writing his latest novel (a horror story), THE LORD OF THE FERRETS, when his characters unexpectedly come to life! Not onl
Published March 1st 2007 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Haunting Of Freddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunting Of Freddy

Cristian Molina
This book was a fast read, and very funny even when it is scary. As I was reading it, I would suddenly crack up, with absolutely no reason why. I should also explain that although this is book 4 in a series, this is a complete story. In fact, I haven't read any of the other books in the series, and I still understood what was going on and I had a lot of fun reading it. If you like acting, poems, parties -- enough with the happy stuff -- terror, undead, and hamsters that write, you will like this ...more
Brendan Butterworth
This is one of the most thoroughly enjoyable books I’ve ever come across, the kind you just want to curl up with by the fire and a cup of hot cocoa, and hope it never ends…but it’s much more than just charming. The first-person narration of hamster protagonist, Freddy, is engaging and honest; his excitement is infectious, but he calls it like he sees it. We are privy to his innermost thoughts, complete with moments of nervousness, embarrassment, and selfishness, and thus are all the more affecte ...more
Lisbeth Solberg
Finished this for our school library's blind-date-with-a-book. With its talking animals and sprinkling of black-and-white illustrations, it's the sort of book that would've attracted me when I was eight or so (when I thought I didn't like books with human protagonists in them). My favorite detail was the rabbit character who would stammer and stall on a word until a sudden sideways leap would free his speech and his thoughts would follow in a rush.

Part of a series, but this one was my "date," so
Karen
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I happened across #2 in this series years ago (likely at a thrift shop) and though it's a kid's book, I gave it a go. It's a cute series. The first book sets up the rest, but I think each book can stand alone if your child wants to read it and your library (as mine which oddly only has #1 and #4) doesn't have all of the books in the series.
Darren
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I got a little scared about those ghost things but awesome book.
6alan
Oct 25, 2011 added it
The characters are Freddy his friend and a evil monster. Freddy is a golden hamster he was really evil that he tried to build a machine. He wanted to make an frankastin but he didn't build what he wanted to build. So a evil monster came out and all the machines broke, he was scared.

His friend wanted to know which was the person, that had build an evil monster. Now that he knows who it is he want's to make a plan, the evil monster was going around but his friend tried to stop him. He told him
Vikas
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was told from the perspective of a very intelligent hamster named Freddy. This book also has a good amount of humor, mystery, and history. I did get scared at one point though. This book seemed perfect for me because it involved to of my top 20 favorite things, hamsters, England, and history.
Kiram Kepp
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good. SO good I am so close to reading it again! In this book Freddy has an unexpected case on his paws. The story that he is writing brings three characters to life! And while in England one of those characters he brought to life wants to kill someone. Thats all I'm saying because I'd be giving away the story. I'll let you choose if you want to read it not!
Karen
Oct 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
We're currently reading this for the...4th time? 5th time? I can't remember offhand. Alena just loves this one, which got us started reading "the Freddy books". It's mildly scary, which is always a hit, and she loves stories about animals. I really like the fact that she's able to read animal stories that aren't too cutesy, but are still clearly for kids.
Katherine
Sep 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I thiught this book was for kids but I loved it. It was just scary enough to intrust me but a younger child would like it to. You also don't need to read the rest of the books in the series to understand this book. I have ooly read this one but I had no problems. Now of course I want to go back and read the rest of the books.
Teagan
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's about a golden hamster that's really smart and he knows how to type on a computer and he writes books he went to a castle and when he was righting his book his characters came to life and killed a girls grandmother and he started writing and the man went in the little boys room and so the boy was scared
Shannon Evans
Dec 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
When I was younger I bought this book, hoping it would intrigue me. Interest me in some way. (Of course then I loved hamsters) I read only like 1 quarter of the book, and couldnt even finish it. Totally bored me. Maybe because it wasnt my style of book, but I just didnt like it. No events were really happening, none that were actually interesting
Kim
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. This book makes most sense if you have read the other Freddy books. I think most of my middle school kids would enjoy this book. There is just enough "scare" factor in the book to keep their interest without being terrified. I would like to locate the rest of these books in the series to add to my room collection.
Lauren
Jul 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Joseph
Another Book Fair purchase for Joseph. Freddy is a hamster who can read and write. He is an author. One book that he is writing comes to life. Although I wasn't too thrilled with the book, I think Joseph will like it.
Destiny Phabmixay
Dec 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is really msterious becuase in the middle thier ghost hanuteding the castle and that Freddy is scared.He realized that he was contralling the ghost to come by writhing the story that he is trying to publish.so if you keep this book then youll fing out what will happen next.
Janet
Feb 25, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrensnovels
Best hamster book I've ever read. Only hamster book I've ever read. This is fourth in the series -- the plot would probably make more sense if I started at the beginning. Lots of fun, silly characters. This is not great literature, but kids need light reads as much as anybody!
Cheyenne
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
By far the best book in the series no doubt about it. loved this one SOOOOO much!
Kendall Martino
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I like it becuse freddy can write.
Mya
Dec 16, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: pet lovers
it takes a while to get started but once you get up to that point its pure joy reading it
Evan D
Jun 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was the best book in the freedy series because it was really exciting with a lot of amazing parts.
Donna
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Cute idea and fun characters, but grim story. Maybe I will try #1.
Emilija
May 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It is about a hampster that writes storys and has to solve a crime
PWRL
Jun 08, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Anna
Oct 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: little-kid-books
Funny, suspenseful, scaryish, and great read.
Susanne
May 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
cute
Leah Fox
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
a pretty good book, kinda stupid.
Tony
Jul 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Don't judge me I read it several years ago.
Jan 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Creepy, only read in the morning!
Hayley
Oct 15, 2008 is currently reading it
It's a really cute book so far!
Brigid
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
and now hes fighting holographs, how much chessier can this get???

• Crime Files: Four-Minute Forensic Mysteries: Body of Evidence
  • Fearless
  • Apple Island, Or The Truth About Teachers
  • Dead Guy Spy (Nathan Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie, #2)
  • Stickman Odyssey, Book 2: The Wrath of Zozimos
  • The Trojan War
  • Blimpo: The Third Circle of Heck
  • The Lightning Key (The Wednesday Tales, #3)
  • Clemency Pogue: Fairy Killer (Clemency Pogue #1)
  • Wild Robert
  • Return to Atlantis (Choose Your Own Adventure, #78)
  • The Wall and the Wing (Wall and the Wing, #1)
  • The Empty Mirror
  • Pish Posh
  • Smart Dog
  • The Entertainer and the Dybbuk
  • It's a Dog's Life (McGrowl #2)
  • The Witch Next Door

The Golden Hamster Saga (5 books)
  • I, Freddy (The Golden Hamster Saga, #1)
  • Freddy In Peril (The Golden Hamster Saga, #2)
  • Freddy To The Rescue (The Golden Hamster Saga, #3)
  • Freddy's Final Quest (The Golden Hamster Saga, #5)