Start by marking “A Matter of Justice (Hong Kong Nights, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Matter of Justice (Hong Kong Nights, #3)

A Matter of Justice

(Hong Kong Nights #3)

The battle between the Dragons of the Eastern District and their bitter rivals, the Twisted Vipers, is reaching a dangerous point. The Anti-Gang Task Force is hard at work trying to bring down the Vipers. Tensions ratchet when Johnny Hwang guns down a prominent inspector on the task force, and Conroy Wong, Wei Tseng’s second-in-command is a witness. Now, to keep him safe l ...more
Published February 26th 2018 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about A Matter of Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Matter of Justice

Alisa
There are a few authors and/or series I feel are under rated and this is one of them. I would love to see more people pick up this one up. (don't start here though, start with book #1 A Matter of Duty )

This is the third book in the series and picks up pretty much right after book two ends. The Dragons are close to an all out war with a rival gang and the tensions are mounting. Conroy is in a club one night when he witnesses a murder that puts him right in the cross hairs. This leads to him needi
Lisa The Novel Approach
The conflict between Conroy Wong and Allen Hong still looms heavily. Conroy and Allen have a history; they were both Dragons and are former lovers who had good intentions but different views on where they would fit best in protecting the people of the Eastern District. After the war and the fall of the Nine Stars, Conroy stayed loyal to the Dragons, and Allen decided to join the Hong Kong PD. The criticism he received from the leader of the Dragons, Wei Tseng, also led Allen to form his own thou ...more
Samantha
Mar 06, 2018 added it
Shelves: mm-read
I think this is the best one so far. :)
JR
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just Gets Better

The third in the series is just as fascinating and intense as the other two. This time it is about Conroy , his relationship with Allen and their past. It also deals with the possibility of war between the Dragons and the Vipers.

The hallmark of this series is it's complex characters, playing out in the intriguing city that is Hong Kong.

I wish this series got more press as it is one of the best I've read in a long time.
Alice
I didn't really get along with the first book in this series, but reunited lovers is a trope that’s a weakness of mine, so I decided to give this a go.

I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would, unfortunately. I think I was lacking context about Allen and Conroy’s past relationship, so I never felt as strongly about their present day feelings as I wanted to.

It was also broke immersion for me that the Dragons are a successful triad gang that...doesn’t use guns. To me, it seemed like trying to
Milly Molly
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is another gripping book in the Hong Kong nights series. The plot has action and suspense in it, I wondered how on earth it was going to be resolved, I couldn't see a way out. Conroy and Allen's past and the conflict they still feel is bound up in the dramatic part of the storyline as they struggle with what is loyalty and what is betrayal in the complicated world they live. Who are the heroes and who are the villains is unclear and sometimes people are a bit of both.
I really enjoyed readi
Isabelle Adler
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
J.C. Long does it again!
Inspector Allen Hong was my favorite secondary character in the previous Hong Kong Nights books, so I was very eager to read a new book with him as one of the main characters. I'm happy to say that I was not disappointed.
Once again, the tense romantic plot is woven seamlessly with high-stakes action and suspense. Allen and Conroy's past feelings resurfacing amid danger and strife, their reluctant push and pull that gradually evolved into something deeper, really strike a
Melanie
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 3.75 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-d3G

From that review: " A Matter of Justice (Hong Kong Nights Book 3) by J.C. Long is a tense, complicated and terrific novel. Gritty and intense, it delves into the corrupt landscape of triads, gang wars and bought cops in Hong Kong.  Throw in a old wounded romance between a triad member and a detective and all the elements are there for one memorable story.  Which is exactly what
Esther Alayeto
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A captivating read that takes you to Hong Kong and its criminal underworld. It's a second chance romance for Conroy and Allen who spent many years apart but are now spending time together and discovering that their love and attraction have not faded away. They have to struggle with the fine line between loyalty and betrayal in this story that's full of action and suspense.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
tammy rufo
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
loved this book, but i love a good crime good/bad guy story. this book was fast paced and fun to read. I loved Conroy and Allen, would love to read more of their story, or even a different couple...would def recommend!
Maryann Kafka
Marion
Apr 27, 2018
Lynnette Hartwig
Apr 27, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: My book is under the wrong author name 2 17 Feb 01, 2018 08:15AM

Hong Kong Nights (3 books)
  • A Matter of Duty (Hong Kong Nights, #1)
  • A Matter of Courage (Hong Kong Nights, #2)