Start by marking “One Hundred Reasons (Aspen Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
One Hundred Reasons (Aspen Cove, #1)

One Hundred Reasons

(Aspen Cove #1)

Fresh starts, hope, and happily ever afters…

Nurse Sage Nichols life changed when she lost her favorite patient and inherited a bed and breakfast in a town she didn’t know existed. She traveled to Aspen Cove intent to sell so she could hurry back to her life in Denver. Little did she know, she was about to find everything she ever needed in the tiny mountain town with a bi
Published February 27th 2018 by Kindle Press

To ask other readers questions about One Hundred Reasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Hundred Reasons

DJ Sakata
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

…the air was filled with a scent that seemed to be synonymous with the elderly. Sage tried to figure the smell out, but the closest thing she could ever come up with was Bengay for arthritis mixed with contraband candy.

She confiscated the candy and reminded David Lark that a man with diabetes shouldn’t feed his disease. “Come on! I gave up women. I gave up alcohol. I gave up swearing. I’m dying.” He watched her tuck the candy bar into her pocket.

When Sage opened her
Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
One Hundred Reasons (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 1) by Kelly Collins I won from Kindle Scout. It is not my type of reading genre but I voted for it because I thought it would win, it did, and I got the book. Although I don't normally read romance books unless it has a paranormal feature this was pretty good. A sweet and tender romance with a feel good ending. I guess it is good to get out of my box once in a while!
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 27, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

One Hundred Reasons is the first book in the Aspen Cove series. Each book that follows can be read as a complete standalone. This book is a very sweet romance. It's not all about the sex (it's not prevalent throughout the story) but rather is about a woman and man finding themselves and falling in love. This is the first book I have read from Kelly Collins and I plan to continue the series because I enjoyed it
Marsha
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good heart warming story about two people who are trying to learn to live for themselves. She is a kindhearted woman with a Savior complex. Always needing to try to save people/animals. After having an emotional breakdown after the death of one of her favorite patients, she is put on leave from her job as a nurse. She must decide what she wants to do with herself and what will make her happiest. He gave up his dreams to take care of his father after the death of his mother. Fighting a losing b ...more
Angie Dokos
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet romance. I like the characters, even their flaws. They have genuine struggles and they grow and heal. I enjoyed the story.
Reading Addict
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin to tell you how good One Hundred Reasons is? It's the story of a burned out geriatric ward nurse named Sage. She is so dedicated to her patients and her job that it has consumed her life. After the passing of one of her favorite patients, Sage is devastated and put on leave and a transfer list by her supervisor. There is also a bit of a surprise left to Sage by her late patient, a home in the mountain town of Aspen Cove. Sage is on leave from nursing so she heads to this small t ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t quite know what to say. I loved this so much, but my brain refuses to cooperate with me and give me the processing capability to come up with more than: it’s so sweet, and so precious, and so a-freakin-dorable! I love reading small town books for the sense of community and family; a slice of classic Americana peopled with a cast of quirky characters that feel like your own relatives and friends. Be prepared for the full emotional roller-coaster, you're about to be taken for a ride becaus ...more
Paige Smith
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kelly Collins has written the start of another fantastic series. One Hundred Reasons had my emotions all over the place as I read it.

It is a beautiful, heart-warming story set in a small mountain town with many possibilities. Sage and Cannon are well written, and I completely fell in love with Aspen Cove. I'm excited to read the next book in the series.

I received an ARC for an honest review.
Jamie Rhodes
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in what appears to be an awesome series. Sage and Cannon are just the first characters that are going to give us a few hours of relaxing (well when they aren't being stupid) peace. I found that I enjoyed the characters and the sleepy little town of Aspen Cove. I'm eager to see how this plays out. You get a feeling of home as you begin to get to know these people. Dual point of view. No cliffhanger.
Jo
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Just another all too predictable romance featuring well used tropes. Nothing new here.
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
2 .5 / 5

This was a very cheesy and occasionally cringy romance read. My book kryptonite is small town settings, with the crazy small towners who stick their nose into other people's business. And I got a lot of that in this book, which I adored.

This had all the potential for a real good slow burn, as the main characters don't have the best first encounter, but the 'grouchy' Cannon Bishop quickly lost his somber nature. I wish there had been more build up in terms of the relationship, I didn't
Kristiej
I read this book back at the beginning of October and I've read so many books since then that I don't really remember this one. But I do know I enjoyed it enough to get more books by this author.
I would probably remember it better if I gave it more time but I'm trying to get all my 2018 reads in by the end of today.
Stacie
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
One Hundred Reasons, by Kelly Collins, is a contemporary romance with strong characters in an ideallic setting. I was hooked in to the story of Sage, a nurse working the night shift in a geriatric hospital ward - from the first chapter. This was surprising to me because modern, real-world stories don’t often draw me in; my preferred genres are usually fantastical or historical in nature.

But perhaps what got me to keep turning the pages was the strength of this story’s characters; Sage is a fier
Katy Battisti
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One Hundred Reasons was a beautiful love story that took place in a small town of Aspen Cove. The storyline was so good, fairytale like, and kept you interested. Aspen Cove was a little town with a big heart. The townspeople were an unique bunch but cared for all. Cannon and Sage were amazing together, loved them! I can’t wait for One Hundred Heartbeats!
Krisz
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this heartwarming sweet romance story by Kelly Collins. Both Sage and Cannon were very believable and likeable characters. I liked Sage's open-heartedness and the way she always gave her all and gave chances to strangers. She was a lovely girl you could always count on, always looking how she could help others. Cannon was her polar opposite with his closed off personality at first. Even though he started on the wrong foot with Sage he soon had to realise how good and forgiving she w ...more
Karen
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kelly Collins does it again! One Hundred Reasons tugs at your heart strings one minute and makes you laugh the next. Sage is a nurse that cares too much about her patients. When her patient Bea dies she leaves Sage her Bed and Breakfast in Aspen Cove. Sages checks it out with full intentions of selling it and returning to her life, but the people of Aspen Cove draw her in. Sage makes new friends and falls in love. Aspen Cove becomes family. This can be read as a standalone novel, but I'm definit ...more
Lesley
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet Small Town Romance.
A charming story about a young woman with a heart as big as an ocean and a need to be needed. An elderly patient leaves her a B&B property in Aspen Cove and changes her life forever. First book I’ve read by this author and I will look to read more by her.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the Kindle Scout programme. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion expressed here is my own.
Marie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Flabbergasted

The ups the downs, the hope, the community, and the love surrounding the people of Aspen Cove give you inspiration. Sage, the nurse, befriends and loves Bea when Bea passes she gives her the B&B. Cannon has grown with Bea’s advice, he lost his mother his brother his father and Bea’s daughter all in the same day, he meant Sage in a surly mood. When they get past their aggressions, can Sage and Cannon learn to live again
Eirlys
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Love Story To Love

Oh how I wish that I had met Bea ! She imbues the whole book with her presence, like a phantom puppeteer. Sage nurses her in the hospital and finds that meeting Bea changes her life. She moves to Bea's home town after she dies and leaves her a house. She meets her new neighbors and finds new friends as well as love. A moving story.
Brenda
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good reading

The story drew me in right away. It wasn't over inundated with details. I only skipped a small part. The people were.real and the town wonderful. I got lost there. It is a place I would love to live.
Lynn Smith
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One Hundred Reasons

What a sweet romantic book. I loved the whole storyline. Sage was a nurse that took death hard Cannon was just trying to deal with life and family. Neither looking for love.
Juli Hall
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance. I really enjoyed this even though I usually like more steamy scenes in a book. The story was really good plus well defined characters. I'm definitely going to read the others in this series when they come out.
Shari Tomlinson
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great love story

An honest to goodness great romance! Sage is a sweetheart nurse from Denver, moving to small town Aspen Cove. There she meets hunky Cannon and sparks fly. This book gives you all the good feels and great ending.
Bex
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Good Stuff

Pretty good book. I enjoyed it. Kinda predictable, but still a nice, sweet, romance.

(Free copy received in Kindle Scout)
Isha Coleman
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Audiobook Review: One Hundred Reasons (An Aspen Cove Romance, #1) by Kelly Collins (Author), Logan McAllister (Narrator)

One Hundred Reasons draws inspiration from the heartaches of life. Collins proves there is a bright side to life's painful moments. Sage and Cannon have seen their share of tragedy. For Sage it comes with the territory. As a nurse, she gets to see how precious and unfair life can be. Cannon is still reeling from his brush with heartbreak. There is no recovering from the blow de
Erin
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
“Change would come to Aspen Cove.” This lovely book set in a small town in Colorado is about love, life, and possibilities. This delightful read gives us a look at the slow, small town life where residents are charmingly in each others business, in the best way possible. I spent a lovely afternoon reading this adorable book, falling in love with the citizens and wishing I could go to my happy place of Colorado.

“There were three things Sage Nichols knew with absolute certainty: Death couldn't be
Mandy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sage was a nurse it was a job she loved. She took a job in the geriatric ward to be closer to her dying grandmother, just to be able to spend more time with her in her final hours. When her grandmother past, Sage realised that helping others brought her joy even though she wanted them all to live forever. It was only when Bea, Sage's favourite patient had died while she was away that she found it hard to let the patients go.
Little did she know that the bright pink stationary that she had been br
Frances Law
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Sage move

Sage is a geriatric nurse in a large hospital. She moved to this department in order to spend as much time as possible with her mom when she was dying and stayed on afterwards. She loved her job and her patients but one held a special place in her heart. Bea had a heart condition but Sage came to love her. She got writing paper for her and talked to her a lot about Aspen Cove where Bea came from. One day Sage came to work as usual and made all her rounds, leaving Bea until last to hav
Margaret Watkins
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Sage has a melt down after her favourite patient Bea dies, she is put on administrative leave and told to follow the instructions Bea has left her in a letter. As a result Sage finds herself in a tiny town where the diner is only open twice a week and a decent cup of coffee is nowhere in sight! She has no intention of staying, but at her sister's urging, commits to at least checking out the bed and breakfast that Bea has left her. The odd mix of people she finds in the town hardly endear he ...more
Donna
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific start to a new series. It is well-written and grabbed my attention from the beginning and never let go. The characters have depth and I truly cared about them. I would love to live in Aspen Cove.

Sage takes a giant leap of faith moving to Aspen Cove and it turns out to be the best thing she has ever done. Her soul is rejuvenated as she is able to really help people who need her--even if they didn't know they needed her. Cannon is the perfect name for the hero! He is like a cann
  • Redemption (Cattenach Ranch, #1)
  • La Vie en Rose: Life in Pink
  • Primal Heat (Wild Lake Wolves, #3)
  • Kissing the Boss (Fairy Tale Quartet, #2)
  • Finally Home
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 2 (The Darkest Frost, #2)
  • Her Last Chance (Her, #2)
  • Accidentally in Love (Friends First, #3)
  • Twined Bond (Holly Woods Files, #7)
  • Captivated
  • Packaged
  • Fade In
International bestselling author of over 30 novels, Kelly Collins writes with the intention of keeping the love alive. Always a romantic, she blends real-life events with her vivid imagination to create characters and stories that lovers of contemporary romance, new adult, and romantic suspense will return to again and again.

Kelly lives in Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains with her husb

Aspen Cove (8 books)
  • One Hundred Heartbeats (Aspen Cove, #2)
  • One Hundred Wishes (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 3)
  • One Hundred Promises (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 4)
  • One Hundred Excuses (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 5)
  • One Hundred Christmas Kisses (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 6)
  • One Hundred Lifetimes (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 7)
  • One Hundred Ways (An Aspen Cove Novel Book 8)