Start by marking “Mind Map Mastery: The Complete Guide to Learning and Using the Most Powerful Thinking Tool in the Universe” as Want to Read:

For the past five decades, Tony Buzan has been at the leading edge of learning and educational research with his revolutionary Mind Map technique. With  Mind Map Mastery,  he has distilled these years of global research into the clearest and most powerful instructional work available on the Mind Map technique.

Tony Buzan invented the Mind Map technique five decades ago. See
Published March 13th 2018 by Watkins Publishing (first published March 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Mind Map Mastery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Map Mastery

Andreas
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
The whole idea of Mind Maps should be well known by now so why do you need this book? Tony Buzan makes the point that in the last years people came up with graphics that look like mind maps but are actually inferior. Therefore he felt obliged to show how to create them correctly. This wouldn't fill a book so in addition there are many examples, stories and suggestions that inspire future usage.

In my opinion, even if you already use mind maps the book is worth the money (the Kindle edition is rat
Safiya
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I've heard a lot, and been involved in numerous of brain-blooming sessions to use this tool. It's not a miraculous tool, if you're not well-aware of the subjects you'll try to cover. However for memorisation, I think I've been using a similar thing, using LOADS of colours and shapes, that proved effective over time, as I always and still find it hard to memorise anything.
The book is very practical on the other hand, you'll need to practise all along, tbh I didn't do that...
Conrad
Aug 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Mind Maps are more powerful than anything in this book.
I use mind mapping software for organizing thoughts and projects all the time. The title is correct in that it's the most powerful tool I've come across in decades. However, you won't get that usefulness out of this book. The mind maps presented by the author are the touchy-feely kind that a "facilitator" might make during a meeting and are then never looked at again.
Laura Reading
I have been a student and fan of Tony Buzan's Mind Mapping technique for decades. This book is an excellent refresher for anyone who has used the system. It includes additional suggestions for how to use Mind Mapping in every day life.
I had hoped it would take us further in depth than the original book but I guess the author did so well initially that this book just reinforced and supported how well the Mind Mapping system has been used world wide.
Vadims Metlovs
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Vadims by: Anthony Metivier
Shelves: memory
Many of the example in the books were not relevant personally to me and sometimes seemed to be a little bit childish and not applicable to the "real world".
However, I think that the main idea is still very useful and can be applied to many domains of human activity, which has the potential to make not only the life of the reader better but also lives of other people that he's interaction with on a daily basis.
Les Vogel
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A simple idea really...

The idea can be passed in a moment. The rest of the book is examples and exercises to help you master it. I got frustrated by my software, so will go back to doing this by hand to master it. Though some of the maps he calls out as exemplars are baffling to me. I’m giving it 4*’s until I practice.
Gill
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting update on an old favourite. Mind maps have been around for years, but still have their uses in the digital age. This book is informative and useful, with plenty of ideas as to how to use mind maps.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for an ARC of this book.
Adrian
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mind mapping is great, and Tony Buzan is the mind behind it. Reading about how great mind mapping can be is be helpful in terms of motivating oneself, yet 200 pages is a bit too much on the subject.
Alice
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has been really enlightening. I'm now using mind maps to plan my day and take notes in lectures. I would 100% recommend reading it. Mind maps are amazing!
Dharmendra Rai
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

The best book by Tony ever ! Buy the book , read it , digest it , use it & live it !

Thinking is tough business. Anything like mind mapping that makes it easier & fun is a great thing
Prude
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Great tips and ideas, but the way the book was written wasn't that good.
Victoria Kapitanova
Feb 14, 2019
Gareth Jones
Nov 02, 2018
Igal Pitchon
rated it did not like it
May 11, 2019
Chris
Dec 19, 2018
Sandra
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to spend an evening with Tony at the British Embassy in Belgium where he demonstrated mind mapping, Since then I have sort of used his techniques to assist me with some top ideas that needed in depth research and thus ordering. I thought I knew all about mind mapping and oh how wrong I was!
This book is amazing from all the examples he gives to the sessions he talks the reader through, every page is a new learning experience. I loved his dictionary association mind mapping and
Mobina
Sep 27, 2018
Daniel Taylor
Jun 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Tony Buzan was an author and educational consultant. He was a proponent of the techniques of Mind Mapping and mental literacy. He worked with: corporate entities and businesses all over the world; academics; Olympic athletes; children of all ages; governments; and high profile individuals, in teaching them how to maximize the use of their brain power.

Buzan was born in London, was an alumnus of Kit