Start by marking “Mind Map Mastery” as Want to Read:
Mind Map Mastery

Mind Map Mastery

For the past five decades, Tony Buzan has been at the leading edge of learning and educational research with his revolutionary Mind Map technique. With  Mind Map Mastery,  he has distilled these years of global research into the clearest and most powerful instructional work available on the Mind Map technique.

Tony Buzan invented the Mind Map technique five decades ago. S
Published April 1st 2018 by Watkins Publishing (first published March 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Mind Map Mastery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Map Mastery

Start your review of Mind Map Mastery
Andreas
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
The whole idea of Mind Maps should be well known by now so why do you need this book? Tony Buzan makes the point that in the last years people came up with graphics that look like mind maps but are actually inferior. Therefore he felt obliged to show how to create them correctly. This wouldn't fill a book so in addition there are many examples, stories and suggestions that inspire future usage.

In my opinion, even if you already use mind maps the book is worth the money (the Kindle edition is ra
I have been a student and fan of Tony Buzan's Mind Mapping technique for decades. This book is an excellent refresher for anyone who has used the system. It includes additional suggestions for how to use Mind Mapping in every day life.
I had hoped it would take us further in depth than the original book but I guess the author did so well initially that this book just reinforced and supported how well the Mind Mapping system has been used world wide.
Adrian
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mind mapping is great, and Tony Buzan is the mind behind it. Reading about how great mind mapping can be is be helpful in terms of motivating oneself, yet 200 pages is a bit too much on the subject.
Monisha
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Really liked the concept. It's laws, techniques and applications are well elaborated in the book but the book becomes repetitive. Merely skimming each page in one glance was enough to grasp all of its content. I wish it could provide more precise steps on mind mapping.
Sagar Parajuli
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
After finishing this book, I realized that one of our teachers had been teaching this method a long time ago but in a very "primitive way" while preparing for essay writing. But since then, I didn't follow through that method.
I luckily stumbled upon this book while researching Memory Palace. And after finishing this book, I was taken completely by surprise looking at the huge application of this method, not just on the study but in day to day life.
I simply recommend this book to anyone who wants
Pedro Chaves
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am using it almost everyday!

And it allows me to create endlessly and easily. Ideas and requirements just pop-up! This book, in an easy way, just lets you understand the main concepts and refine them along the time. Definitely a reference to come back for refreshment of ideas!
صفية
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I've heard a lot, and been involved in numerous of brain-blooming sessions to use this tool. It's not a miraculous tool, if you're not well-aware of the subjects you'll try to cover. However for memorisation, I think I've been using a similar thing, using LOADS of colours and shapes, that proved effective over time, as I always and still find it hard to memorise anything.
The book is very practical on the other hand, you'll need to practise all along, tbh I didn't do that...
Conrad
Aug 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Mind Maps are more powerful than anything in this book.
I use mind mapping software for organizing thoughts and projects all the time. The title is correct in that it's the most powerful tool I've come across in decades. However, you won't get that usefulness out of this book. The mind maps presented by the author are the touchy-feely kind that a "facilitator" might make during a meeting and are then never looked at again.
Gregor
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Only little useful content besides what constitutes a solid mind map and what the benefits are.
He tends to go on and on about unrelated things, repeating himself and stuffing in many, many examples about a concept which is fairly easy to grasp.

I will definitely be using Mind maps, but Tony could have condensed this book into about 20 solid pages, which would have gotten 5 stars from me.
Hubert Campos
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Todo el mundo debería leer este libro y aprender a utilizar esta maravillosa herramienta.
Es un libro a todo color y está muy bien escrito y ordenado, con buenos fundamentos teóricos y lo más importante, con ejercicios propuestos para comprobar por nosotros mismos el poder de los mapas mentales.
Vadims Metlovs
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Vadims by: Anthony Metivier
Shelves: memory
Many of the example in the books were not relevant personally to me and sometimes seemed to be a little bit childish and not applicable to the "real world".
However, I think that the main idea is still very useful and can be applied to many domains of human activity, which has the potential to make not only the life of the reader better but also lives of other people that he's interaction with on a daily basis.
Adriano
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Tony Buzan reescreveu o mesmo livro pela centésima vez. Pensei que acharia novos e substanciosos insights sobre mapas mentais, mas no fim das contas achei as dicas de sempre e muita prolixidade.
Para quem não conhece mapas mentais, é um bom livro para entender sobre o que se trata, já que essa prolixidade pode ajudar um novato. Para quem já tem conhecimento, não vale a pena. Só dou 3 estrelas por conta do "conjunto da obra".
Les Vogel
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A simple idea really...

The idea can be passed in a moment. The rest of the book is examples and exercises to help you master it. I got frustrated by my software, so will go back to doing this by hand to master it. Though some of the maps he calls out as exemplars are baffling to me. I’m giving it 4*’s until I practice.
Gill
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting update on an old favourite. Mind maps have been around for years, but still have their uses in the digital age. This book is informative and useful, with plenty of ideas as to how to use mind maps.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for an ARC of this book.
Victor Trifan
La idea es muy buena pero se podría escribir en 100 páginas
Felipe
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary knowledge. This book is pure gold. Light and easy to read. Visual and self explanatory examples are superb.
I love this methodology. It will help to optimize any aspect of your life.
Dharmendra Rai
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

The best book by Tony ever ! Buy the book , read it , digest it , use it & live it !

Thinking is tough business. Anything like mind mapping that makes it easier & fun is a great thing
Việt Hoàng
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
a simple and quite useful book
Matthew
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book, I would recomend mind mapping to anyone that wants to improve memory, creativity and comprehension. Tony Buzan writes clearly and engagingly.
Prude
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Great tips and ideas, but the way the book was written wasn't that good.
Bruno
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rather theoretical and general overview of rules and usage than a step by step guide
Pradyuman Singh Rajput
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Master your brain on creating, remembering things
Tânia Dimas
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great book. I use mindmap for years but I keep learning. Amazing tool hor our brain.
Mia
Oct 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting & informative but longer than it should've been given the subject matter. ...more
muhamad sahir
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting book and give a good guidance for prepare mind mapping. After reading this book can wait to prepare the mind mapping. Good and look forward as reference whenever I do the mind mapping.
Victor Gonzalez
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easy to understand & apply. Powerful tool for every day activity at life & work. ...more
Khuram Shahzad
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked Tonny Buzan's passion for visualization. Although I don't feel mind maps so much effective, but the book has important information.
Minea Kapidžić
Hannah Wallwork
May 17, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Limitless: Core Techniques to Improve Performance, Productivity, and Focus
  • The Only Skill that Matters: The Proven Methodology to Read Faster, Remember More, and Become a SuperLearner
  • Sleep: The Myth of 8 Hours, the Power of Naps... and the New Plan to Recharge Your Body and Mind
  • How to Become a Straight-A Student
  • New Grade 9-1 GCSE English - A Christmas Carol Revision Question Cards (CGP GCSE English 9-1 Revision)
  • East African Wildlife
  • How to Take Smart Notes: One Simple Technique to Boost Writing, Learning and Thinking – for Students, Academics and Nonfiction Book Writers
  • Просто космос
  • Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything
  • Mathematica DeMYSTiFied
  • The Enchanted Wanderer
  • Master Math: Solving Word Problems
  • Kundalini Tantra
  • Pavlov's Dog: Groundbreaking Experiments in Psychology
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business
Tony Buzan was an author and educational consultant. He was a proponent of the techniques of Mind Mapping and mental literacy. He worked with: corporate entities and businesses all over the world; academics; Olympic athletes; children of all ages; governments; and high profile individuals, in teaching them how to maximize the use of their brain power.

Buzan was born in London, was an alumnus of Kit